Stage Fright in the Birth Chart

Neptunia

Hello :) I was wondering if anyone know of any aspects that could possibly make one terrified of being on a stage or in general.. public speaking?

Thanks to all who comments :) Neptunia.

miquar

Hi. The placements of the Moon and Saturn may be relevant in many cases, especially if Pluto is involved with one or both of these planets. Cancer, Scorpio and Capricorn may be more prone to this issue than other signs. The Sun and ascendant are very much about self-projection, so any insecurities connected with the Moon, Saturn and/or Pluto may be especially conducive to stage-fright if they 'afflict' the Sun and ascendant in some way.

Its probably important to distinguish between public speaking and amateur dramatics - Cancer and Scorpio can excel in the latter.

Bunraku

Shy introverted signs or Saturn aspects to Mercury (or any harsh aspects to Merc) can lead to insecurities of speech and how they communicate. What other aspects can indicate a person with insecurities? Sun square Saturn ? Saturn in the intellectual houses? etc.

I haven't found Cap to outwardly show their fear of public speaking, so it's hard to tell... Rest of the chart needs to be seen then..

Neptunia

Shy introverted signs or Saturn aspects to Mercury (or any harsh aspects to Merc) can lead to insecurities of speech and how they communicate. What other aspects can indicate a person with insecurities? Sun square Saturn ? Saturn in the intellectual houses? etc.

I haven't found Cap to outwardly show their fear of public speaking, so it's hard to tell... Rest of the chart needs to be seen then..

Indeed, hard aspects to Mercury. And nope, you can never really notice it whenever a Capricorn is, say, breaking down because of nerves. Strong sign.

Bunraku

Yess. I'm not even a shy or nervous person, but when the entire room starts getting nervous, I get nervous. :andy:

Some people who are sensitive to emotions/absorb the mood of the environment can also temporarily "inherit" it I guess...

Neptunia

Yess. I'm not even a shy or nervous person, but when the entire room starts getting nervous, I get nervous. :andy:

Some people who are sensitive to emotions/absorb the mood of the environment can also temporarily "inherit" it I guess...

Exactly! And so it can be hard to tell if you are actually nervous or if it's someone else.. You're a Capricorn? :D

roz

I've always felt nervous when i'd had to make presentations in front of a lot of people but i can't really say i have stagefright because i've always felt it very liberating to perform in plays and stuff like that.

I have mercury retrograde conjunct sun in the 12th and they're both opposed to my saturn in the 6th. but mercury is trine to moon. my sun makes no trines or sextiles however.

greybeard

Tell you what does NOT signify "fear of speaking in public"... Mercury retrograde and/or Mercury combust. Nor does Mercury square Saturn, nor Sun square Saturn.

An afflicted lord of the Third House does not signify fear of public speaking.

Neither does "shy and reticent" Cancer rising.

All of these things are present in my horoscope, yet I have an inherent and natural talent for convincing public speaking. I am always amazed at the power of my public voice. Listeners become followers, converts or tools, at my whim.

With all the negative indications in my chart (conditions and aspects that would seem to impair the ability to speak in public), what is it that DOES show this innate ability? And why do these things (whatever they are) seem to overpower or dominate the conditions and aspects mentioned? What effects do the conditions and aspects have in the personality that may manifest positively through the act of speaking in public?

The chart has a preponderance of Air. The Air element holds the power of communication. It is also the realm of abstract, or symbolic, thought; it is the world of the Idea. In addition to a numerical preponderance of planets in Air, there is an out-of-kilter grand trine in the element which includes both Lights. This weighting of the horoscope toward Air is a general statement made by the horoscope to the effect that the native is in his element in the world of ideas, abstraction and communication (and all the other things implied by Air.) It is a "general statement" because preponderance depends on all the planets in the horoscope taken collectively rather than individually or in small discrete groups (such as "Mercury retrograde and square Saturn.") This latter is specific or particular rather than general or universal as is the case with preponderance, chart pattern and other universal indicators. The universal is dominant over the particular. A particular indication in a given chart must conform to and is subservient to the universal indications in that chart. The particular indications show how the predominant trends will work out.

miquar

I don't think you can refute a general tendency on the strength of one chart. I'm an example of someone who hates public speaking and I believe that this is reflected astrologically largely by Saturn aspecting the Sun/Moon midpoint, and also Cancer rising with Scorpio Moon, and also Pluto on the ic.

As for Saturn Sun hard aspects, they can express as arrogance rather than withdrawal from attention. 'Listeners become followers, converts or tools, at my whim.' !

Neptunia

I see your point.. but I think it depends. Just because you aren't afraid of it and have no trouble with it, does not equal other people with some/or the exact same aspects to react the same as you :)

- Neptunia

Tell you what does NOT signify "fear of speaking in public"... Mercury retrograde and/or Mercury combust. Nor does Mercury square Saturn, nor Sun square Saturn.

An afflicted lord of the Third House does not signify fear of public speaking.

Neither does "shy and reticent" Cancer rising.

All of these things are present in my horoscope, yet I have an inherent and natural talent for convincing public speaking. I am always amazed at the power of my public voice. Listeners become followers, converts or tools, at my whim.

With all the negative indications in my chart (conditions and aspects that would seem to impair the ability to speak in public), what is it that DOES show this innate ability? And why do these things (whatever they are) seem to overpower or dominate the conditions and aspects mentioned? What effects do the conditions and aspects have in the personality that may manifest positively through the act of speaking in public?

The chart has a preponderance of Air. The Air element holds the power of communication. It is also the realm of abstract, or symbolic, thought; it is the world of the Idea. In addition to a numerical preponderance of planets in Air, there is an out-of-kilter grand trine in the element which includes both Lights. This weighting of the horoscope toward Air is a general statement made by the horoscope to the effect that the native is in his element in the world of ideas, abstraction and communication (and all the other things implied by Air.) It is a "general statement" because preponderance depends on all the planets in the horoscope taken collectively rather than individually or in small discrete groups (such as "Mercury retrograde and square Saturn.") This latter is specific or particular rather than general or universal as is the case with preponderance, chart pattern and other universal indicators. The universal is dominant over the particular. A particular indication in a given chart must conform to and is subservient to the universal indications in that chart. The particular indications show how the predominant trends will work out.

Neptunia

Yeah, indeed. I've also always seen the hard Saturn-Sun aspects to be that way =)

I don't think you can refute a general tendency on the strength of one chart. I'm an example of someone who hates public speaking and I believe that this is reflected astrologically largely by Saturn aspecting the Sun/Moon midpoint, and also Cancer rising with Scorpio Moon, and also Pluto on the ic.

As for Saturn Sun hard aspects, they can express as arrogance rather than withdrawal from attention. 'Listeners become followers, converts or tools, at my whim.' !