Retrograde Saturn but in friendly sign Taurus in 8th house

Sofiamiddle

Is it bad ? I heard that having Saturn in the 8th house is very bad and mines retrograde Saturn but it’s in a friendly sign so would that lessen the bad ?

flyonmyzephyr

Depends on how you look at it.

The 8th house is the house of change. Saturn here shows in the first part of life, there is a fear of change (Saturn is fear). Changes are generally very slow, like Saturn. This placement will give you a longer life, because the 8th represents death and Saturn will delay your death. Your inheritance will also be delayed and restricted.

This placement shows a karmic debt to the in-laws that will be paid in this life-time. Saturn represents hard work, so you may even have to work for the in-laws at some point.

Spouses finances will be delayed, and they will have to work very hard for their resources. Saturn is trying to teach your spouse responsibility and duty towards money and resources. The spouse will also feel a heavy responsibility towards their family.

Retrograde planets usually give a person crooked fingers, so your middle finger (which represents Saturn) may be a bit crooked or have a slight bend to it. If it's not currently, it may happen during a Saturn time-period.

Sofiamiddle

What if I have a libra ascendant because I read some where that said libra is a yogkaraka of Saturn, and thus it said it would give positive results related to career, wealth, and children but I’m not sure if that’s true or not.

flyonmyzephyr

When a planet is in good dignity, it makes it easier for the person with the placement to learn the lessons the planet is trying to teach. This in turn makes the experience more positive, because you don't have to constantly repeat the same lessons (if you don't learn the lesson first try, the difficulty will increase so you will learn the lesson). Although with retrograde planets, usually the lessons come in 3's - so it should take each lesson at least 3 attempts to get it right. Retrograde planets show where we in a sense failed in our past-lives, which is why you will get it right in the current incarnation.

Yogakaraka planets are your friend, which mean they work with the house they are in and aspecting to help you. So for instance, Saturn in the 8th in poor dignity will make one critical of the in-laws and may create distance and separations. In good dignity, Saturn respects the in-laws, and acts in a mature and dignified way towards them.

In relation to your career, wealth and children; expect all of Saturn's usual characteristics of delays, restrictions etc - but he is your friend, so his influence on those houses will be positive for you.

Last edited: