Mercury Dasha Effects

TMA

Hi,

I need to get understanding about Dasha, With the change of dasha do natal planets reacts differently?

My DOB 10 June 1986
TOB 6:45
Place Karachi Pakistan
Gender F

As per my understanding I am in saturn dasha and moving into mercury dasha. How it will effect me?

flyonmyzephyr

When a dasha is running, the planet running the dasha has more power over your life. I've heard it can take a few years between dashas to really shed the previous dashas energies, especially if you are switching between longer dashas.

Saturn dashas are hard generally, even if your Saturn is a benefic. Saturn is the planet of hard-work, maturity and responsibility, so his dashas revolve around these themes. He is also the planet of delays and restriction.

For Gemini ascendants, Saturn rules the 8th and 9th house. 8th house is the most malefic house, because it is the house of unforeseeable changes. Some 8th house themes are: death, inheritance, major transformations, accidents, surgery, secrets, what is "hidden" - just to name a few. Saturn also rules your 9th house, so there were themes revolving around the father, higher education, religion, long-distance travels, gurus, dharma etc. There is a connection between the 8th and 9th house, so sudden changes were susceptible to 9th house matters.

Mercury is the planet of communication, the skin, electronics, computers etc. Mercury is like the prince in a kingdom. Saturn is the old man. Mercury dashas are all about experimentation. Mercury in your chart rules much better houses - the 1st and 4th - and it is placed in your ascendant in it's own sign. 4th house matters will come directly to you; property, the mother, land, vehicles, houses etc. The spouses career will also become very important. Your Mercury is in the nakshatra of Aardra. Aardra is all about renovating old things.

ToRay

The planet and the house it’s sitting in is activated, for example a planet sitting in 7th house under it’s dasha will create chances marriage or relationship or a planet in 12 house under it’s dasha can cause losses

TMA

Thanks flyonmyzephyr,

With regard to my saturn dasha, big part of that dasha revolved around my higher studies, although it was tough but it was done. In 2016 I don't know which antra- Dasha it was but it was very tragic I got married and moved long distance, marriage was full of restrictions and torcher, separated after six months and took divorce later on. In six months I was blamed that I am barren..............:annoyed:

Saturn has transformed me alot my religious thoughts have been drastically changed.....:alien:

Saturn is like Old man and at 31, I feel myself 61 :unsure:

Will mercury Dasha be good for my career? next partnership? I have no light in this matter at the end of tunnel or it will average.

Thanks ToRay,

I have gemini asc with mercury in first. Does that mean this dasha will have impact on my self image and personality?

Crystalpages

Thanks flyonmyzephyr,
Saturn is like Old man and at 31, I feel myself 61 :unsure:

Decades ago, earlier, when I was learning the craft of jyotish, a scientist relative (and a beloved formative one!) knowing my leanings towards (Shall we say - Quantum Reality?) placed the chart of a little girl and asked about her marriage? Knowing well that the relative was just being a scientist (?), based on a few factors I stated that the chart is strong, but marriage may be delayed or difficult or spouse will be way OLDER.

The nativity got married with a classmate, barely a year or so older. It was a love marriage between classmates and neighbours!

I was just beginning then but got so red-faced :-(

The nativity is now nearly 50, shining brilliantly -- hubby still close to her -- posed a few challenges, time to time but remained dedicated...? Saturn Blessings??

The nativity did have Saturn in 7th and that was where decades ago I slipped and since then LEARNT the hard way that Jyotish is MULTI-FACTORIAL...?

TMA

Thanks Crystalpages,

I agree with your opinion.....

Along with many other factors dasha is also one factor, which also depends upon planet planet position, degree etc.
Attached is my chart for some interpretation.....

Attachments

• vedic chart.jpg
    vedic chart.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 26

flyonmyzephyr

With regard to my saturn dasha, big part of that dasha revolved around my higher studies, although it was tough but it was done. In 2016 I don't know which antra- Dasha it was but it was very tragic I got married and moved long distance, marriage was full of restrictions and torcher, separated after six months and took divorce later on. In six months I was blamed that I am barren..............:annoyed:

Makes sense. Your Saturn goes into the 6th house; the house of divorce. Saturn's energy should have also delayed the divorce speed as well. These karmas became activated because Saturn dasha + Saturn transiting the 6th house. You were in the Saturn/Jupiter dasha. Saturn, the karaka for separation, and the dasha of the husband combined was also going to manifest a separation from the husband.

Will mercury Dasha be good for my career? next partnership? I have no light in this matter at the end of tunnel or it will average.

For next spouse, I would say yes it should be better than the first. The house that rules the 2nd marriage - the 2nd house - has more ashtakavargas points than your 1st husband; the 7th house. Moon is the ruler of your 2nd spouse, and Moon is in your ascendant conjunct Mercury and Venus. 2nd spouse will come to you as well in the Mercury dasha.

Concerning your career, over the past few years there have been some inauspicious transits. In 2017, Jupiter your 10th house ruler, has been 8 houses from itself, causing changes and transformations in the work place. Jupiter also hit Ketu. Uranus had been transiting your 10th for quite some time, which would have made your career more unstable and unpredictable. And Ketu hit your 10th house lord recently when he went through Aquarius.

In your D10 chart, Mercury rules your 10th and is with Saturn. There will be separations in career. There will also be multiple careers. When Jupiter in transit goes under your natal Saturn, this could manifest a separation. However while Jupiter is still transiting your 6th, he will either protect your career, or he could potentially give you a new way of earning money.

Last edited:

TMA

Thanks flyomnzephyr,

you filled my my information gap...........One interesting thing I noticed is jupiter and saturn are inauspicious for me whenever they combine something unexpected bad thing happens in my life ...
In Dec 1999 it was Jupiter-Saturn dasha when my brother committed suicide it was very painful and one of the worst year of my life...... then in Saturn-Jupiter dasha I got married which was a horrible dream for me......the pain i endure from marriage has transformed me and shaken my religious beliefs too.....

The one thing that I want in my life is stability (in personal and professional life) which is always a roller coaster ride for me......:annoyed:

Somna7H

Banned
The effect of Mercury Dasa same for all or depend on Asc ?
My Saturn Maha Dasa started less than a year ago and Saturn/Mercury will star after 2 years so I'm just curious cos Saturn) Saturn is not good.

Somna7H

Banned
Find your true birth horoscope business is not easy

Nope that's not my case.
My Birth time + or - 3 or 2 min not much.
Cos my mom was very interested in astrology and she noted time carefully.
My Asc Sub Lord(Sidereal Zodiac ith KP Ayanamsa) is Mercury and and pretty much Mercurial.
If you have extra free time then you can try cos I'm sure your valuable time will not be wasted and go into drain...

NOTE: I'm not paying anyone here so its your choice. :biggrin:

Last edited:

flyonmyzephyr

@TMA: Since your Mercury goes into the sign of Gemini, this Mercury dasha is more about adaptability rather than stability.

Right now you are currently still in the Saturn dasha, until this coming June. Your Saturn is in the sign of Scorpio, the sign of change. Saturn's placement here will cause a fear of changes - but fortunately the changes will be in Saturn's fashion; generally, very slow. In your Navamsa chart, Ketu is in the sign of Scorpio. As you get older, you'll become apathetic about change. Fear of change will more so be an issue in your youth.

When we are in the dasha of a planet, the dasha is a reflection of our personalities. When you enter the Mercury dasha, your personality will become more adaptable and flexible, like the planet Mercury.

@Somna7H: The house experiences Mercury rules will become activated, but where your Mercury goes shows where the experience will take you. The dasha also tends to show the effects of the mooltrikona sign first, so for your Mercury dasha it should start with property and 4th house matters (since Virgo is Mercury's mooltrikona sign), then it will give lessons relating to the body (1st house).

There may also be a separation from the home or mother, something 4th house related in your Saturn/Mercury dasha because Saturn tends to separate, and Mercury in your chart rules the 4th house. I haven't checked your birth chart though so take this as a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
@Somna7H: The house experiences Mercury rules will become activated, but where your Mercury goes shows where the experience will take you. The dasha also tends to show the effects of the mooltrikona sign first, so for your Mercury dasha it should start with property and 4th house matters (since Virgo is Mercury's mooltrikona sign), then it will give lessons relating to the body (1st house).

There may also be a separation from the home or mother, something 4th house related in your Saturn/Mercury dasha because Saturn tends to separate, and Mercury in your chart rules the 4th house. I haven't checked your birth chart though so take this as a grain of salt.

Thanks you.
But isn't Mercury 2nd and 5th lord for me ?
Both Tropical and Sidereal showing Taurus Asc.

flyonmyzephyr

You got it.

For Taurus ascendants, Jupiter in transit will be going through Scorpio soon, and that is the 7th house. Jupiter will be blessing the relationship experience.

For you specifically being in the Saturn/Mercury dasha, Mercury is illuminating the house of romance first. Might have some anxiety about romance and being the centre of attention. Second half of Mercury's dasha will be more about money and 2nd house experiences.

TMA

Thanks flyonmyzephyr,

I can relate myself with your idea of adaptability.

For gemini asc how is usually mercury dasha usually? Will i get some comfort in financial life? Can you see when I will have settled family life?