The future is here!

I will bring up something i wrote which shines a light on what is really going on, especially in terms of people who try to steal passwords online etc.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110761

As technology rises, darkness follows it and it's a race for either.

A day will come when change will need to be established, it's not only prevalent in crime but even at a low level, cheaters in video games, they want to win at all costs even getting banned and buying multiple accounts all to boost their low self esteem and ego problems, technology has two sides, bad and good.

Cheating in a single player game.. ok you can't stand losing, but you are not effecting people, multiplayer you ruin the game and disregard anyone else's legit efforts to win, which is a fair competitive spirit.

Example of a game i play myself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_CS-T8tRek

People pay a cheater money to boost them into skill ranks they cannot legitimately compete in, it's like people want instant gratification and a hollow meaning. It's so bad long time players like myself and the guy you are watching have to deal with them ourselves to get them banned because the anti cheat system cannot keep up.

Fits in with the people who need the latest and greatest, not based on quality, but based on a name or brand and that oh look he or she has one.. so i need one, they do not derives any class, nothing from themselves but from everyone else.

sadge

Using technology to solve problems caused by technology won't work, unless we become its masters, instead of its slaves.

From my vantage point, it seems that more people are slaves to technology than masters of it.

This goes for the wealthy and the poor. Even those who are far, far removed from enjoying modern technologies (think of the most impoverished places in the world) are literally slaves to it.

We're all in this shitstorm together.

Cap

Using technology to solve problems caused by technology won't work, unless we become its masters, instead of its slaves.

You can use fire to cook your lunch or you can burn down the forest. It's the same fire. Fire is fire. Fire is not good or bad, it's how you use it.

Problems are not caused by technology, it's how we use it. Problems are caused by this system that promotes competition instead of cooperation, the system that rewards all the worst human traits and it's based on profit instead of common sense and rational thinking.

JUPITERASC

You can use fire to cook your lunch or you can burn down the forest. It's the same fire. Fire is fire. Fire is not good or bad, it's how you use it.

Problems are not caused by technology, it's how we use it. Problems are caused by this system that promotes competition instead of cooperation, the system that rewards all the worst human traits and it's based on profit instead of common sense and rational thinking.

1447125865.png

david starling

Automobiles currently cause disease through air pollution, and injuries and deaths through driver-error or even intent. But, it's not profitable enough to fix that. Meanwhile, when used properly, they provide us with privacy and the freedom of travel.

Cap

Technology doesn't fix the heart of our problem either: our values, as individuals and as a society.

Technology cannot fix that and it isn't supposed to fix that.

Human values are mostly based on false philosophy of Materialism. Even without delving deep into realms of spirituality or philosophy, simple logic should dictate that nothing ever can be truly owned because of the simple fact that human life is finite and death is inevitable. Sense of ownership is temporary illusion just as is a sense of earthly power and importance. Life is more like a ride, a game, a dream, an experience - you can call it whatever you want. What we can do is to make it a pleasant ride for everyone - in the end nobody owns anything.

AppLeo

That’s just your opinion.

I think materialism is a good thing. The more you have for yourself, the better your quality of life. You can live longer, live richer, practically buy happiness, and not have worry about basic survival.

Just because you’re gonna die and lose what you own doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pursue those things.

From that logic, you may as well not develop skills, or pursue knowledge because you’ll end up losing those things as well when you pass on to another life.

Plus, I think people who say that materialism is bad are either envious of people who have more than them, or try to shame or guilt people who have more than them so that they can have their materials.

AppLeo

Money can make all of those 10x easier.

Money gives you freedom.

Freedom let’s you do whatever you want without restrictions.