End Of World Postponed - New Mayan Calendar Found!

JUPITERASC

Below is an 90 word synopsis of an online news story with a link to the online source at the end of the quote:

Walls of a room forming part of large complex of Mayan ruins in rain forest Xultun, northeastern Guatemala reveal oldest known Mayan astronomical tables that allowed scribes to predict appearance of full moons years in advance. ... previously oldest known examples dated from 600 years later. "Why would they go into those numbers if the world is going to come to an end this year?" observed Anthony Aveni Mayan astronomy expert, Colgate University, Hamilton, New York. "You could say a number that big at least suggests that time marches on." :smile:

SOURCE: 11 May 2012 online news
http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Th...cts-newly-found-Mayan-calendar-151139555.html

mister_hank

I don't understand this...

The whole "End of the World" headline is too scary for me to handle. Family Radio predicted this and got pwned (got snake eyes at the craps table). This is too much for me to handle.

poyi

Premium Member
I don't understand this...

The whole "End of the World" headline is too scary for me to handle. Family Radio predicted this and got pwned (got snake eyes at the craps table). This is too much for me to handle.

We will all die some point in our lives...what really matter is the quality of life and your contribution to the people in your life. In term of after life, oh well that isn't really up to us to take control? So just relax and try to be a good person and believe in God.

Neptune Rising

Exactly, I concur with the above poster. I bought into the End of the World stories a while back, until something happened, not sure some light beamed me up... But why worry about the 'end of the world', why spend the time living in a state of worry about dying? Its madness, but its also what alot of the news stories perpetuate in the human psyche. Why not just be available to live while we are here on the Earth? Create the type of life that you can enjoy, which starts with your thoughts and your feelings, your 'vibrations'. Enjoy the time here, because it is so fleeting, make the most of it.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Well I would prefer to die of old age than a 2012 (the film) -like doomsday!! Yes I read about the update....well, good to know! :sideways:

JUPITERASC

Well I would prefer to die of old age than a 2012 (the film) -like doomsday!! Yes I read about the update....well, good to know! :sideways:
There are multiple "ifs" and "buts" relating to the TIMING of alleged "doomsday"

99 WORD QUOTE FROM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium

"Illustrating the common calendar confusion, Arthur C. Clarke gave this analogy: "If the scale on your grocer's weighing machine began at 1 instead of 0, would you be happy when he claimed he'd sold you 10 kg of tea?"

Beginning AD 1 to ending of AD 1000 = 1000 years. Next 1000 years (millennium) would begin on the first day of 1001. So the calendar has not 'cheated' anyone out of a year.....

i.e. ....the argument is based on the fact that the last year of the first two thousand years in the Gregorian Calendar was 2000, not 1999" :smile:

SniperBomber328

I just love how this new discovery was found, conveniently, in 2012, 7 months from December 21st, 2012. :biggrin:

I never believed it. 2012 was too ourageous and sort of exaggerated to be completely true. Then again I'm always skeptical of everything.

dr. farr

Not end of the world, but certain esoteric currents* are (or already have) coming into operation, and others ending, around this period of time (2012, 2013) But NOTHING connected with doomsday or any of the other hype!

(such as Regulus moving into the sign of Virgo, late 2011, after 2160 years in the sign of Leo; apporaches to the Galactic Center 2012, etc, etc)