Does A Gemini Venus Make People More Prone to Cheating?

Blacknight

Hi, does a gemini venus make people more prone to cheating? I have mine in the 9th house and it's trined by saturn (which I understand tends to subdue planets through any aspect).

Venus also semi-sextiles my mars cancer in the 10th & it sextiles my leo moon in the 10th.

It's something I've been wondering about. I also feel like I might be too narcissistic sometimes just in the way I exist through my emotional dealings. Like I'm sensitive but I don't want people to get too close. I haven't maintained close friendships and I was largely anti-social during my teens.

I feel really self contained and I think I lack loyalty except to greater causes or my own ambitions.

JUPITERASC

Hi, does a gemini venus make people more prone to cheating? I have mine in the 9th house and it's trined by saturn (which I understand tends to subdue planets through any aspect).

Venus also semi-sextiles my mars cancer in the 10th & it sextiles my leo moon in the 10th.

It's something I've been wondering about. I also feel like I might be too narcissistic sometimes just in the way I exist through my emotional dealings. Like I'm sensitive but I don't want people to get too close. I haven't maintained close friendships and I was largely anti-social during my teens.

I feel really self contained and I think I lack loyalty except to greater causes or my own ambitions.
Not necessarily - that's because all Gemini Venus are identical and not all Gemini Venus are 'prone to cheating' :smile:

All Gemini Venus are influenced by the sign and house location of Mercury, whose natural homes aka domiciles are Gemini and Virgo. Delineating your natal Mercury, including aspects to and from natal Venus and/or other planets is a basic step in assessing any Gemini Venus.

Blacknight

Not necessarily - that's because all Gemini Venus are identical and not all Gemini Venus are 'prone to cheating' :smile:

All Gemini Venus are influenced by the sign and house location of Mercury, whose natural homes aka domiciles are Gemini and Virgo. Delineating your natal Mercury, including aspects to and from natal Venus and/or other planets is a basic step in assessing any Gemini Venus.

Looking at my chart, I see that mercury is in aries in the 7th & is 51 degrees away. Just kind of floating out in lala land.

here's the chart for reference:
astrochart1img.gif

ashriia

gemini venus are prone to being bored. i have venus in gemini and ive never cheated on anyone, would never even consider it. but goodness me i need the right partner to keep me intellectually stimulated otherwise out the door i go. personally i think fire venus signs and fire suns especially sag and aries tend to be prone to cheating. moreso than air placements. leo seem to be alot more loyal of the fire signs.

Dannygansky

gemini venus are prone to being bored. i have venus in gemini and ive never cheated on anyone, would never even consider it. but goodness me i need the right partner to keep me intellectually stimulated otherwise out the door i go. personally i think fire venus signs and fire suns especially sag and aries tend to be prone to cheating. moreso than air placements. leo seem to be alot more loyal of the fire signs.
I agree. My ex never cheated my current boyfriend cheated he's a sag and my ex is a Leo!

Krewster

Your Moon bi-septile Pluto may indicate not being able to shake off the intensity and Ven septile Jup (though loose) can lend a bit of ostentatious to the style. Are these contributors to what you label as "...narcissistic...?"

More certainly, your Ven's participation in a NovaYod (160-40-160) with the Sun and Pluto has indicated a pleasure-for-pleasure's-sake type of life approach in others I know to the point where average folks start pointing fingers at your behavior while the 9 series aspect influence leaves you with zero-guilt for all the action. Would be grateful for a little feedback on this (even by PM).

Finally, your Merc is not "...in la-la land..." bec it triangulates your Sat oppo Moon/Jup by quintile and tri-decile.

Blacknight

I find that the Air signs are the most promiscuous and the most prone to cheating. Namely Aquarius and Gemini, it's in Geminis nature to want to experience everything, while Aquarius is by far the most detatched sign. Libras though are the exception, with the Saturn/Venus influence they can be quite loyal.

Do you find promiscuity to be true of air ascendants or just suns more so?

Your Moon bi-septile Pluto may indicate not being able to shake off the intensity and Ven septile Jup (though loose) can lend a bit of ostentatious to the style. Are these contributors to what you label as "...narcissistic...?"

More certainly, your Ven's participation in a NovaYod (160-40-160) with the Sun and Pluto has indicated a pleasure-for-pleasure's-sake type of life approach in others I know to the point where average folks start pointing fingers at your behavior while the 9 series aspect influence leaves you with zero-guilt for all the action. Would be grateful for a little feedback on this (even by PM).

Finally, your Merc is not "...in la-la land..." bec it triangulates your Sat oppo Moon/Jup by quintile and tri-decile.

Yeah I like style. I'm talking more about an inner drive to succeed that trumps everything else. Like I have an innate need to feed my ego, and if I don't reach the goals I set or the things I envision, I feel internal strife and deep rooted anxiety. I have to accomplish things to feel better, which sounds like some type of narcissism I think. (I was also really anxious as a kid, but as I've gotten older & taken more control over my life by living independently, the anxiety disappeared.) It's weird trying to explain it though, because I feel like my body builds up energy inside itself and I have to release it somehow or it eats me up internally. And at the same time, my mind is like a digging machine that has to keep going deeper and further.

I'm not sure about the pleasure-for-pleasure sake thing. I'm always down for some good food or music. I don't care much for drugs because they obfuscate reality; I'm willing to experiment though.

With Mercury, I was referring to its relation to venus and its (seemingly weak?) connection.

Krewster

The pleasure-for-pleasure comment was intended to inquire more about physical love activities (to the extent of average people thinking you're immoral or similar whereas, from your viewpoint, you're just less uptight than others).

Hmmm, perhaps your almost-as-tight-orbed Moon oppo Sat would bear down on/suppress the NovaYod.

Blacknight

I'd say it's a heavy air influence in general. Rather than it being a single planet (or even a luminary), point, etc that does it. An ascendant isn't enough on it's own to do anything, even a Sun wouldn't (unless the person had really poor aspects or bad placements in other signs, say Venus in Sag, Mars in taurus, to make matters pworse conjunct Uranus with 1 of them lol). Bad aspects like Saturn and Venus both terribly afflicted but with neither aspecting each other.

Plus different planets have different meanings. For instance Sun in Aquarius, Moon in Cancer, Saturn in Aquarius, Venus in Pisces could be loyal. Especially with good commitment aspects like say the person has a conjunction between Venus and Saturn. Btw there's a thread on good relationship aspects in the Aspects section.

For commitment as well I'd look into Juno, that's very important for long term commitment and marriage. Arguably moreso than Venus.
I'll check out that aspects section. I really don't know much about astroids, so I'll have to read up on that too. I do have more aire & fire in my chart than the water & earth. I also find it interesting that only pluto & venus seem to get easy aspects in my chart.

The pleasure-for-pleasure comment was intended to inquire more about physical love activities (to the extent of average people thinking you're immoral or similar whereas, from your viewpoint, you're just less uptight than others).

Hmmm, perhaps your almost-as-tight-orbed Moon oppo Sat would bear down on/suppress the NovaYod.

Oh, I can see that in my love relations. I was just thinking you were talking about enjoyments purely of the self without others. Hey Krewster what do you do if you don't mind me asking? I noticed you joined very recently but already racked up a lot of posts. You definitely like to give out interpretations, which is appreciated. :happy:

AriesGemgirl

I think it depends on other placements sun and moon in particular. I have venus in Gemini, sun in Aries, moon in Taurus. I was in a very very long relationship and never once even looked at another man, however, my boyfriend also had venus in Gemini and I would say talking was the glue that kept us together. I think it depends...
Venus in Gemini I think doesn't really want to cheat but sometimes the lines get blurry and we can easily chat up anyone and so therefore can be attracted to many people, and like a lot of people for many different reasons. I like to have many friends that each feed me something different and I also NEED to meet new people, we like to hear people's stories, see new things, experience new things and we very much like the social part of all of this. and yes sometimes we meet someone who blows us away and we can think omg this person might give me an even BETTER experience than what I currently have with my partner whether that be sex, intellectual discussion, the desire to be much more social, etc etc. an evolved venus in Gemini will consider carefully the consequences of taking any action. essentially we need to be with someone who can experience all this new stuff with us and keep it fresh and alive, the minute it gets dull and boring we are really not happy campers.

Blacknight

Hey thanks for your response. I would say I'm more attracted toward intellectual types... or at least someone with a twinkle in their eye. I would also say that I have a love for learning. I can't really say too much because I'm still young.

BaoSanniang

Forgive me if I'm resurrecting a 5-year old thread, but I'll talk about myself as a Cancer sun with Venus in Gemini.

I was born on July 3rd, 1996, in Chongqing, Chin at 18:10 with my Gemini Venus at 11.48 degrees. My Moon is at 13.52 degrees Aquarius and Sun is at 11.45 degrees Cancer. Mars is at 14.42 degrees Gemini.

A lot of times I wish I had Venus in Cancer instead but that would mean I'd have to be born at least on the Cancer/Leo cusp which is 19 days later.

It makes me really scared when I read descriptions of Venus in Gemini as a placement prone to restlessness and cheating and multiple marriages. It also doesn't help I have a SAG ascendant at 18.00 which places my 7th house in Gemini and my Mercury's also in the 7th house.

The descriptions of Venus in Gemini are the exact opposite of what I want and need. I want, more than anything else, to love and spend the rest of my life with one person. I do like someone I can talk to, and I can seem very flirty at times with female friends, but it's seldom anything sexual and it's usually just words. I did go through more of a "playful" phase when I was a teenager, but most of those connections were online and other things also stopped me from being able to commit at that age. I am an introvert so I had a late start when it came to interacting with the opposite sex.

My Venus in Gemini is in the 6th house, a house ruled by an earth sign. This shows when I like someone. I want to do things for them and take care of them, I am more practical than romantic. The compulsion to be caring, is it also because of my Cancer?

My Venus is Sextile my Saturn at 7.12 degrees Aries. I believe it really grounds the Gemini. Ruler of my 7th is in the 7th, but the sign is Cancer.

My Moon is Trine my Venus, Moons in the 2nd house.

I don't know if I'm wrong, but perhaps these modifications to my Gemini Venus give it notable Water / Earth and Saturn influences that keep it grounded?

BaoSanniang

Re: Does A Gemini Venus Make People More to Cheating?

My mom has Venus in Aquarius but also in the 6th house, interestingly enough. When my folks were married she did all the washing and other things to take care of my dad, even when he was not showing any appreciation and not doing anything to help. To her it felt like a duty (though there was still some love at the time), and I have behaved the same way when I'm with someone. It's a mix between love and duty, not just romantic love. Though my Mercury's ruler of the 7th house, it's square my Saturn, which might also make me a lot more rigid and tight rather than flighty when it comes to values regarding love and marriage.

Darkgirl

Banned
my ex boy friend had venus in gemini.

and yes he cheated on me. But i also could say not only this is important. Another guy with sun and venus in Aries also cheated on my.

i think if someone cheat another person there have to be a hard venus - neptun aspect or / and venus or the ruler of your 7th house in another 12th house.

Darkgirl

Banned
my ex bf?

he was a cancer.

but his sun / mercury conjunction in cancer opposed his neptune in capricorn. So i think that may be the reason he lied so much to me.

we also met each other during a neptun transit square to his venus. At the same time my sun was squared by neptun which is in conjuntion to Jupiter ( in synastry we have had a sun - venus conjunction).

I think really he loved me, but i also think some people don´t say the truth because they don´t want to discuss. But in most time when neptun or 12th is activated within a synastry there could be some secrets.

Also the transits to each charts at the moment of meeting is important.

BaoSanniang

It's a bit sad to hear what happened and it's this kind of stuff that makes me afraid, because I obviously have the same Sun and Venus combo as him. However, my Neptune's in a very late degree of Capricorn (26.46 degrees) so my Sun and Mercury aren't close enough to oppose it. My descendant's also Gemini and my Mercury / Sun are both in the 7th house, though my Mercury's in Cancer and square Saturn. My Venus in 11.48 degrees Gemini might be close enough to sextile my Mars in 7.12 degrees Aries, though I'm not sure whether anyone would consider an orb of 4.36 to be strong enough. What houses are your ex's sun and mercury in, and does he have any hard Moon, Venus aspects or does his Venus form any aspects with Uranus or Neptune? Give me as much information as possible.

I have a T-square involving the Sun, Mercury, and Jupiter with Saturn, and my Venus might likely be sextile my Saturn, so perhaps it makes me a lot more conservative and restricted than placements such as Venus and Mars in Gemini might otherwise be. Now that I'm a bit older I've still not forgotten the playful, non-committal phase when I was 18-20 and now I'm only 22. It's something that haunts my mind every day, though I'm sure for many it's just part of growing up most people this day and age (and even in previous generations) have gone through. What I feel is that as I grow older and want to settle down (I've become a lot more serious over the course of a few years), it's the girls of my age or younger that don't necessarily want to, especially if they're born in 1998 or later which means their Neptune will be in Aquarius.

Last edited:

Darkgirl

Banned
he had in his natal sun and mercury opposing netpun.

Sun / venus is a nice combination (in synastry), in our terms it only was because neptun squared his venus when we first met so this could relate to cheating

one questions, are you afraid you cheat or the guy/women?

when you post your chart i could have a look because so much information confusing me.. (too much party on weekend) and also other things are important. Im a gemini but i never will cheat someone (i try) but with huge scorpio influence.

BaoSanniang

I'm more afraid the other person will cheat, but I'm also afraid I'll slip back into the old patterns of my younger days. However, what I'm REALLY afraid of is breaking up or worse, divorce. I come from a rough background.astro_w2gw_andrew_teng.64165.189317.png

Darkgirl

Banned
At the moment there are much stuff going on. At first Saturn transit in your 1st house. This alone could be very hard. Saturn proofs your personality. Your natal Saturn is sitting 4th house so it also have to do with your home and or father. I have had this transit during Saturn was in scorpio, but Saturn is ruling my 3rd house so had depressions at this time.

Transitting Neptun is in house 3, squaring Mars lord of house 4 and trine to sun, ruler of 8th house. The 8th house also is for fear or worries, so that could've the reason why you are worried about this topic.

Regarding satzrn: There is a natal square, so when Saturn is opposing your sun, the 7th, 8th and 4th houses are activated. So it have to do a lot of with your experience with your parents especially with your father. Maybe he had critizes you often, was cold or often was not at home because of job or divorce.

In the next years Neptun is squaring your AC and DC which could relate to idealism in partnership. And I think you mean your old patterns. Maybe it was Neptun squaring your natal venzs the last 2-3 years?