What do you really think happens after death?

ynnest

I hear this a lot, but I think it's dangerous, self-serving thinking. I think it's rationalizing selfishness. I've noticed that people tend to say this when they are putting down a person who acts on behalf of others. Rather than afford that person moral admiration, they look for some way to make that person's service to others less impressive, so they can feel better about being self-focused and not serving others. "At least I'm honest," they tell themselves. "That seemingly good person is just a fake/martyr/whatever."

The next step in this line of thinking is to say that people who serve others instead of themselves are weak. The next step after that is to say that weak people _deserve_ to be taken advantage of. And at that step, congratulations, you're a sociopath.

You are missing my point as you still are working within the polarity paradigm I talked about in which service to self and service to others are in contradiction to each other. Yes, within the current worldly paradigm there are something you could legitimately call selfishness but I am stretching beyond the dysfunction of that paradigm itself in which that polarity don't exist.

Greed in the sense of taking from others or from what we in this world call "limited resources" and self-less service in regards to compromising one self for others are both unhealthy ways of addressing one self and other human beings.

Y

Witchyone

You are missing my point as you still are working within the polarity paradigm I talked about in which service to self and service to others are in contradiction to each other. Yes, within the current worldly paradigm there are something you could legitimately call selfishness but I am stretching beyond the dysfunction of that paradigm itself in which that polarity don't exist.

Greed in the sense of taking from others or from what we in this world call "limited resources" and self-less service in regards to compromising one self for others are both unhealthy ways of addressing one self and other human beings.

Y

They often are in contradiction with one another, though. That's not a false paradigm, but the real condition of humanity.

ynnest

They often are in contradiction with one another, though. That's not a false paradigm, but the real condition of humanity.

Thats why I said it is the current state of the world paradigm, and you should know that you cant create solutions that originates from a dysfunctional paradigm, instead you need to create a new paradigm all together.

Y

david starling

Thats why I said it is the current state of the world paradigm, and you should know that you cant create solutions that originates from a dysfunctional paradigm, instead you need to create a new paradigm all together.

Y

The Astrological name for the new paradigm is, "the Aquarian Age". One local astrologer, Rob Brezsny, calls it "The mother of all paradigm shifts". I agree. The imaginary world we live in Now will be superseded by a much better one.

JUPITERASC

Namaskaram

If
you become aware
of how many living beings
are giving their lives :smile:
to sustain yours,
you will eat
with enormous gratitude.
Sadhguru

45159220_2818780544816453_2288796893901225984_n.jpg

Witchyone

Namaskaram

If
you become aware
of how many living beings
are giving their lives :smile:
to sustain yours,
you will eat
with enormous gratitude.
Sadhguru

45159220_2818780544816453_2288796893901225984_n.jpg

Funny you chose to post about this today. I have gone vegetarian a few times in my life, but it hasn't stuck. A few days ago I didn't finish a meal that included some meat. This has happened countless times, but this was the first time it struck me as cruel that a living being died for my dinner, probably inhumanely, and I didn't even honor that sacrifice enough to eat it.

Witchyone

Y

Do you think that a world can exist where the individual and the group always need the same things? I think the fact that each individual is different means that individuals will always need to compromise (show a certain amount of selflessness) to get along in and benefit the group.

But I'm beginning to wonder if we really disagree or if we're just caught in semantic confusion.

ynnest

The Astrological name for the new paradigm is, "the Aquarian Age". One local astrologer, Rob Brezsny, calls it "The mother of all paradigm shifts". I agree. The imaginary world we live in Now will be superseded by a much better one.

Still, the way to integrate that new paradigm is to go through all of the old issues and heal them which is why both my and Witchyone´s posts contains equal value in that process.

Y

JUPITERASC

Funny you chose to post about this today.

I have gone vegetarian a few times in my life, but it hasn't stuck. A
few days ago I didn't finish a meal that included some meat.

This has happened countless times, but
this was the first time it struck me as cruel

that a living being died for my dinner, probably inhumanely, and

I didn't even honor that sacrifice enough to eat it.
ob_e09d49_3ee066e34cbcb8d41baf8c493dff65f7-plan.jpg

morgthm

If only we could plan such that old wounds could be healed during a shift into this new (age/paradigm)
Of course concern must lie with overdoing the stitching, so to speak, of old wounds, I'm thinking of trimming too far instead of taking steps back to re-evaluate work.
Emotional tensions can be clouding
I think if there is an afterlife we'd all sleep better in it if we were either to remain calm while planning, or trust in the aptitude of people who still show resolve towards planning the attainment of a better global society, rather than simply coming up with retorts.

Last edited:

morgthm

I wonder if that Sadhguru is speaking of animals he's eaten, or if hes just getting off his chest the notion that he's given way to over extravagant lechery(Haha, wrong choice of word , perhaps. Had to keep it in for amusements sake) *Leeching.
It's amazing what you can plan for :innocent:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I wonder if that Sadhguru is speaking of animals he's eaten, or if hes just getting off his chest the notion that he's given way to over extravagant lechery(Haha, wrong choice of word , perhaps. Had to keep it in for amusements sake) *Leeching.
It's amazing what you can plan for :innocent:
unnamed%2B(1).jpg

ynnest

If only we could plan such that old wounds could be healed during a shift into this new (age/paradigm)
Of course concern must lie with overdoing the stitching, so to speak, of old wounds, I'm thinking of trimming too far instead of taking steps back to re-evaluate work.
Emotional tensions can be clouding
I think if there is an afterlife we'd all sleep better in it if we were either to remain calm while planning, or trust in the aptitude of people who still show resolve towards planning the attainment of a better global society, rather than simply coming up with retorts.

Its about both healing and planning, but the consciousness of creating new models cant emerge until the old models have been acknowledged and healed since they tarnishes the clear sight.

I encourage people to start questioning why they are reacting and/or feel they way the do about certain things, since often that which they are reacting towards is something they deny within themselves.

Y

morgthm

Having alot of childhood, er, memories coming back up this past year or so and have really been into my online debates.
I always used to think overthinking was just underconceptualisation. Things take time and patience to understand, we always get there

Last edited: