Caught between two capricorns

Libra Guy

I am so confused about 2 women in my life. One is older and one is younger. The indecision is confusing me to the point I can’t understand anything anymore. I see in the threads of experienced people here talking about plant/planet/sign/aspect/planet, and I can’t wrap my head around it. Right now, I just want to focus on the issue I’m dealing with.

OC-I’ve known the older one longer, and I think I might love her, I can’t bring myself to tell her I love her and commit to relationship, but I don’t want to let her go. We’ve spent time together as romantic friends for a long time. I like being with her, and she is faithful to me. I can see it in her eyes, and with her actions. She loves me, I can tell. Most of my friends wouldn’t understand the attraction. And I know that shouldn’t matter. I’ve taken certain friends to her place and they think she’s pretty and cool and stuff. We’ve went a few places out together, and we’ve gotten more comfortable with the stares, but well, it’s still hard at times. She was patient while I went out with another girl because she seems to understand I need to be sure about us, but she said she didn’t think she could handle another one in the middle of us. So the pressure is on.

YC-The younger one has recently become available for me to date, and I really like her. I even think I love her, but it’s still so new. Things get settled, and then reality hits. I want time to spend with this girl, and I don’t feel like I can come clean to OC. I feel like I have to hide it and make excuses why I can’t see her and talk to her so much. But I have to have the time and space to be able to tell which one is right. I don’t want to lose OC and I don’t want to hurt her either.

I don’t have a birth time for YC. She says she doesn’t believe in astro. I think she might be afraid of what it might say. I want to look at me and YC first. One girl at a time, I’m confused enough as it is. I want to add in what I do think I understand about my natal info, and what I see in this synastry with YC. But I better start by just posting a chart already. Someone please help a poor guy out.

Here’s what I have to offer with synastry chart and aspects with YC. I put her birth time at noon.

wilsontc

Staff member
upload chart, to Guy

Guy,

You asked:
I see in the threads of experienced people here talking about plant/planet/sign/aspect/planet, and I can’t wrap my head around it...ok, this will be the 3rd post, but which is better to use? img? url? html?

If you decide you want to learn the basics of astrology, it really is very easy: just go to the link below this posting.

The three post rule on this forum is silly but no one seems to know how to get rid of it! I suggest creating your chart at http://www.astro.com and then uploading it to the forum.

Suggesting,

Tim

Libra Guy

waht i see when i look at this synastry chart is a bunch of squares and oppositions. and many conjuctions. i've done goolges on lots of the aspects specific, and it doesn't look good. most of them volitile even. adn mnay of her planets in my 6th house. nothing too romantic. some 5th house stuff, but i'm not sure that's meaning long term. i do understand that there are no BAD aspects. hard and soft is what i've understood here. but there are so many...

Libra Guy

it looks like from an astro level, that maybe i'm just burning hot because this is new, but that we have lots of things to work on. i've read here that any 2 people who want to work things right will. just seems so challenging. i guess this is the reason i don't want OC to know about this. i do not want to lose her over something stupid like sowing oats. i tend to hold onto things, and i have a hard time deciding stuff. maybe my libra sun and mars are at play here. and the scorpio venus (in in conjunction with pluto) in my natal might explain why i try and hold on and am possesive..

it looks like we have a venus conjunction, but it's out of sign. mine scorpio and hers sag. 6 degrees seperating.

also, i understand that using a noon birthtime for her means that i might not have an exact moon degree. so the aspects could be closer or farther away.

i've tried to pull each aspect out seperately. and so many of them just look like we are not gonna be compatible in the long run. and i worry about losing the one i'm not sure about. she may not be willing to take me back. i've put her through alot with all of my indecision. she wants to understand, but i think she's getting tired of my fear of getting with her as an item.

i promise i am trying to see this for myself, but i need some help because it's affecting me so much.

Last edited:

Libra Guy

so i've spent time looking over aspects today again, and here are some things i've come up with.

these squares are a cause for concern, so let me start here. if someone could let me know if i'm on the right track..

my sun, mercury and mars are in my natal 3rd house. these are where many of the squares are, being as her sun, moon, uranus and neptune are all in cap. all of these sqaures sre looking to be in tight orb too. within 3 degrees. the third house is my house of communication. so my guess is that these would interfere in communication. we are communicating fine right now. but i'm just thinking that when the newness wears off, these aspects could show themsleves.. and mercurys squaring like that in my 3rd house of communication. does this mean that we will problably have communication problems down the road? here are some googles i have found.. i am finding these paragraphs at cafe astrology and astrology nemerolgy through google, btw...

Sun square Sun A square between the natal Sun in your respective charts denotes a continuing ego conflict. You may tend to interfere in one another's creative self-expression. Resistance and resentment is apt to build up in the relationship if special efforts to be tolerant are not exercised. In marriage, raising children can be a problem with many differing views as to methods. Serious differences in attitudes in many areas.

Sun square Moon This is a very difficult comparative combination for family, marital, and romantic relationships. Just as the best relationships are those showing the Sun and Moon in harmonious aspect, the adversity of the square can denote serious challenges. You will find it very hard and unnatural to adapt to each other's temperament, as well as the general pace and style of living. Major disagreements about the handling of finances, business affairs, and the raising of children often arise. Frequently, these are the results of differences in family background or deep-seated emotional habit patterns.

Sun square Uranus This combination may produce extremely strong attractions of very short and unstable duration. There is an attitude of rebellion likely in this relationship. You may tend to find him very unreliable and undependable in certain ways. Cooperation in any sort of relationship is difficult to maintain.

Mercury square Mercury This aspect indicates difficulty in communication and a differing intellectual viewpoint. You may disagree on things related dress, work, health, diet, and many other issues. Mental cooperation can be a problem.

Mercury square Mars This is a difficult comparative combination because it shows you are inclined to arguments and heated disagreements. In this relationship, arguments with viewpoints always seem to threaten egos. It's hard for you to communication with each other in a calm, rational way and find solutions to your problems. This is a hard one to work with because even when you do control it, you may both feel nervous and ill at ease with each other.

Sun square Mars (my mars-her sun)This is one of the most difficult comparative combinations because it produces violent conflicts and disagreements, although it also tends to indicate an attraction as well. The level on which these conflicts are expressed will vary depending on other factors in the chart, but the extreme range can include everything from a competition and some friction in the relationship, to actual physical abuse. This is not a good combination for any sort of relationship as you are likely to react to each other impulsively rather than thoughtfully, and when it is found in marital relationships, there must be a conscious effort not to argue and fight.

Moon square Mars (my mars-her moon)This is one of the most difficult and emotionally explosive of all comparative aspects. The Mars person is likely to be impatient with the Moon person. Conversely, the Moon may view Mars as rude, insensitive and overbearing. This combination is likely to produce emotional clashes and arguments. It is unfavorable for marriage and living together, although the physical attraction of the aspect does frequently result in the development of relationships.

Mars square Uranus (my mars-her uranus)This comparative combination makes for a volatile and unstable relationship. You tend to encourage each other toward ill-considered, impulsive acts. Mutual endeavors never seem to go as planned. In general, you are somewhat of a threat to each other's authority and independence. Explosive outbursts of temper may characterize this combination.

i can't find one for the mars neptune square. but i can see that these are all falling in my 3rd house, and her planets are falling into my 6th house. my mercury is in virgo, another out of sign aspect, but my natal mercury sits right on the cusp of my 3rd because of the degree it's in.

it's not that i'm trying to find a reason not to like this girl, i jsut don't know why i wouldn't be running away with all these squares, and so many in tight orb. what's going on here? i'm just rushing in with passion, and i'm gonna get burned, and lose one who i know would be in it for the long haul? i guess i just feel like i have to try this, and i want some perspective from someone who knows more about astro.

i see some good things too, adn i'll get to them, but this was a major concern, and i would like to hear what others think. people who understnd more than i do. am i even on the right track. i dont' want to teach myslef wrong, and i feel this is a great way for me to learn, and learn right.

i have to go to work now, but i do hope someone will jump in and help me make sense of this..

and thanks to anyone willing to help me out.

Last edited:

Libra Guy

i had a chance to see this new girl last night, and things seem to be going fine, but i still have these concerns. i studied some more, and i found this..

Squares can be very energising but also very difficult in relationships because with the square there's often no solution or resolution to tensions. There seems to be a need to prove something all the time in a square relationship. This can be a crisis-ridden relationship but with each crisis there is opportunity for growth. But, growth can be blocked when every time one partner seeks confirmation in the mirror of the other they meet a brick wall or they meet with some shadow energy that reflects the un-owned negative qualities of the partner. The lack of give and take when the square predominates can be very wearing. Too many squares will take a toll somewhere; there's only so much stress a person can take! Wherever you have a square you have a potential issue that has to be integrated into the framework of the life of the relationship so that it becomes an active part of the whole. Positively this can create a great dynamic with potential for motivation and acceptance of the other's qualities, but if there are too many, it becomes burdensome. If you've ever watched a bricklayer building a house, he fills his hod with only as many bricks as he can comfortably carry. That way he is productive and the building grow. Squares are like bricks. They build walls but also create safe boundaries. Too many and they either crash down and kill an innocent passer by or they cripple the craftsman! Relationships need a few brick walls to climb in order to test the validity of the relationship. It's often through a certain level of healthy stress that we can achieve and there is potential for achievement with a good balance of squares.

i'm liking this girl alot, but catching that last line in that paragragh says "good balance of squares". i've looked over the aspects again, and just loking at the planets from sun to pluto, i counted 11 of them.

conjunctions.. i don't know if these are good or bad here. there are 17 of them. trines, good. there are 6 of them. sextiles, 7. adn semi-sextiles, there are 6 of them. i want to look at these seperately, but i can't stop focusing on these squares because ther are so many of them. and reading those descriptions of the planets involved make me a little nervous about moving things along.

i also read that squares can work like glue. can anyone shed some light on this?

and i have another question. since i don't have a birthtime, how much can the moon or other aspcets change though at different part of the day? will it affect only the moon aspects, or others too?

please someone give me your opinion. i feel like i'm standing alone in here. your input is really needed.

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Moon, to Libra

Libra,

You asked:
since i don't have a birthtime, how much can the moon or other aspcets change though at different part of the day? will it affect only the moon aspects, or others too?

You are right, since you don't have a birth time, you can leave out her Moon in your synastry interpretations. But the other planets move slowly enough that they don't change that much in one day. You have done a great job and have pointed out everything I would say, especially about too many squares between personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Venus, and Mars), even if we leave out her Moon, there are a lot of squares...and no "easier" aspects (i.e., trines and sextiles).

It is possible to work through square issues between you but it is VERY difficult without any "supporting easier" aspects. Maybe you just like this person's NEWNESS and you aren't really looking at the person themselves. And remember that people when dating are at the best they are going to be. Later, the "true self" starts to "peek out"! :-O With your birth Neptune (spirituality, also idealization) on your birth Descendant (others), you tend to be on a "quest" for the "perfect relationship"...which doesn't exist. All relationships require BOTH people in the relationship to work TOGETHER to make the relationship work.

Relating,

Tim

Last edited:

Libra Guy

Thanks tim for your support. My aunt read astro books, and when she died a few years ago, I was given a couple of her books on the subject. I want to understand so much more. But I need guidance. And I was hoping there would be a few people in here kind enough to help me sort it out. Threre seems to be a lot to learn, and I only have so much free time. I’m more interested in finding a getting a good girlfriend. The perfect one (like you said). But I thought it was a libra thing from what I have read so far on the subject. And I admit, I want to put more of my energy in getting a girl than wanting to understand astrology.. I can take up the astro later, once I get the girl……..

Maybe my gut is telling me these things already, and maybe this is why said she doesn’t believe in astro. Maybe she feels it in her gut too. It doesn’t seem to make us want to run the other way, but how do you tell two people who are very attracted that it’s bad bad bad?

I played around with her birth time for the moons sake, and I found that for us to have a moon moon conjunction right on 0, she would have had to have been born exactly at midnight (not impossible I guess). Astro.com shows me this. The moon was at 4 degrees at midnight on the day she was born, so I guess anytime after that, It’s just getting farther away. But it will meet up in other aspects as the day goes on, right?

I read how important the moon is when it comes to love, so I want to play around with her birth time, and see what parts of the day will make the positive difference. Do you think it would make a difference with all the other hard aspects that won’t change? I mean, the moon IS important here. My attraction is so powerful right now, but not without my other girl looming in my thoughts.

At least with my interest in girls and love, it’s getting me motivated to learn this stuff. Do I know how to pick em or what? Almost like I’m choosing a girl that’s all worng because there’s this other one I feel I could love, but afraid to.

So to finish up looking at this relatonship, I have a few more questions. Trines, sextiles, and semi squares.

I noticed is that the easier aspects are at a much wider degree. It’s like the hard stuff is right on the money and the good stuff is farther away. The trines are all with her Saturn and Jupiter. So they are not personal planets? And the sextiles mainly are with my Pluto, and mostly her outer planets. A Jupiter Jupiter sextile. The sextiles are closer aspected than the trines.

There are also 7 semiquares and 6 semisextiles. How do they fit in? 7 hard and 6 easy? I read different opinions on semi-sextiles. Some say they are good, some say they are not good. What’s the general opinion in this forum?

there are 4 oppositions. they don't appear to be too serious, but are they?

Could you explain to me all these conjunctions and what they might mean in the whole picture? I think they confuse me the most. I have read they can go either way, just powerful. So when looking at the whole picture, how does it add up?

And one more thing before I look at the other girl. Looking at the house wheel. Most of her planets are falling in my house six. Mars, mercury and venus in my fifth. It’s weird because we have a venus conjunction but they are in different signs, and it made her venus actually slip into my fifth house. What to make of that I wonder?

Her Pluto sits inside of my fourth house, and we have this conjuction with venus and Pluto. Her pluto, and my venus. I’ve seen lots of opinions on this. Something that’s supposed to be heavy duty. But it’s not real close in degree. 6 degrees.

And then her Jupiter is in my second house, and it trines some things, but those aspects are way off in degree. What about that?

And then finally, her Saturn is right on the cusp of my seventh house. I found a paragraph on that somewhere online, and it looked good…

When your Saturn is in your romantic partner's seventh house, you are viewed as a very stable and trustworthy partner, if your romantic attraction is also strong, your partner will be inclined to marry you. When your relationship partner’s Saturn is in your seventh house, you will be serious about entering into a committed relationship and need to ensure from the outset that you have compatible views on what marriage means so that you can establish you relationship according to an enduring structure that will satisfy both of you.

Wow. Could this make the difference? Could it be enough to turn all the bad into good?

(one of my books said saturn takes a few years to change signs, so this is someting i would share with other people born around the same time i guess)

Ok, so there it is. This is all that I could find in tearing this thing apart, and looking it over the best that I could. I would like to hear more from the forum. What does this add up to in terms of the big picture?

With all the picking apart of this, maybe looking at the other girl will be a little easier to understand. But I want to put it out here too. I think I’ve summed up all the questions in this huge post I just wrote. Hopefully a little insight from others will help me to wrap up my thoughts on this new girl.

And then I want to post the info on the other one.

Like I said, one girl at a time. I’m confused enough as it is.

To tim, I know you said that “later” the true self starts to peek out. Later can surely vary when it comes to time I suppose. It means it could take weeks or months, but could it take years? With all of those hard aspects? I’m young, but I know the longer you stay in something, the harder it is to get out. Something my relatives have told me.

Last edited: