Conditions For Kaala Sarpa Yogam!!!!

midi

One eminent condition for the Kaala Sarpa Yogam to exist in the Horoscope is having all planets placed in between i.e. either in the left or right side of the Rahu-Ketu axis.

Beside this condition, Is there any other condition for the Kaala Sarpa Yoga to be formed in the Horoscope???
One of my friends says that If Sun is with Ketu and IF Rahu aspects Sun and vice versa, Kaal Sarpa Yoga is formed even though the planets are placed in either of the Rahu-Ketu axis. IS THIS TRUE??? :unsure:
This is making me feel low, because I have this combination.
-->I have Rahu in 5th House (Aquarius) with Sun + Ketu in Leo in the 11th House.

Alamits

From what I have researched on this yoga it isn't even a classical text yoga and is more so observed later. What I mean is that it isn't listed in texts like BP hora sastra and the others. For what it's worth I don't pay any attention to it because of this fact.
Here is a quote from K.N Rao, a majorly respected vedic astrologer and the "go to guy" for this stuff.

“Kaal-Sarpa Dosha is one of the biggest frauds in astrology. First of all nobody knows from where this kal-sarpa yoga has originated. No reference can be found in any of the classical texts like Brihat Parashar Hora Shastra, Brihat Jatak, Saravali etc. Secondly and most importantly, I always mentioned that the birth chart should be analysed in totality. Every horoscope has hundreds of good and bad yogas and all these yogas should be synthesized before drawing any conclusion. A single Rajyoga cannot make anybody king, similarly a kal-sarpa yoga alone cannot create death like situation.”
I hope this helps!

suhasg

From what I have researched on this yoga it isn't even a classical text yoga and is more so observed later. What I mean is that it isn't listed in texts like BP hora sastra and the others. For what it's worth I don't pay any attention to it because of this fact.
Here is a quote from K.N Rao, a majorly respected vedic astrologer and the "go to guy" for this stuff.

“Kaal-Sarpa Dosha is one of the biggest frauds in astrology. First of all nobody knows from where this kal-sarpa yoga has originated. No reference can be found in any of the classical texts like Brihat Parashar Hora Shastra, Brihat Jatak, Saravali etc. Secondly and most importantly, I always mentioned that the birth chart should be analysed in totality. Every horoscope has hundreds of good and bad yogas and all these yogas should be synthesized before drawing any conclusion. A single Rajyoga cannot make anybody king, similarly a kal-sarpa yoga alone cannot create death like situation.”
I hope this helps!

I agree 101%. Kaal Sarpo Yoga (Dosha) is a fraud. Period.

Crystalpages

I too have read (and heard on some interview recording) of Shri Rao saying that he and students had sifted through hundreds or thousands of charts in their collection and did not find any convincing evidence of KSY being a negative factor and that they were writing about it. This was some years ago but I have not been able to locate the book or article where they would discuss their results in more details. He also mentioned similar conclusions about sade-sati, the other major boogey man of jyotish!

Does anyone know about the said write-up? Is it available now??

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

dr. farr

K. N. Rao's study of sade-sati is great: he doesn't disregard it, but shows instead that the time period is variable (not always bad in every case), and needs to be estimated in accordance with the merits/demerits of the specific individual's chart. The book is entitled "Saadi Saati: a Balanced View"...

dr. farr

Rao's study of the so-called Kaala Sarpa yogam is entitled "Kaal Sarpa Yoga: Why Such a Fright?"

I'll mention also that, in addition to K.N. Rao and his many subsequent students who have now also become authors, ICAS has also done much to research elements of Vedic astrology and see how well (or not well) certain methods hold up in result-based analyses.

Crystalpages

Dear Dr. Farr,

Thanks for the names of the write-ups for KSY and SS by K.N. Raoji and/or students. I shall do a web search to locate the publisher for those. But if you have the name or URL of the source where I could download/purchase these, I shall be grateful.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

dr. farr

Rao's "Saadhe Saati" can be purchased from astroamerica.com, also from shop.saptarishisastrology.com;

Rao's Kaala sarpa study can be obtained (in Hindi) as "Kalsarpa Yoga: Itna Bhaiy Kyon" also from shop.saptarishisastrology.com