Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Okay, well, then I'll reveal something a little kookier. The spirits I mentioned are not just floating about like ghosts. They're in the trees and grass, the insects and frogs, the birds and squirrels. That's why I need to be outside to do my best readings.

Do you do this sort of thing? What is your process like?

Still not kooky (To me.... which is not saying much). So you commune with nature spirits/faeries, eh? You might not do the rituals and put on the regalia and accouterments, but you're very much in the "magical" life. Do you always go to a specific area when you do this?

My process is more mundane/less kooky. I just shuffle the cards until I hear a loud voice in my head either say "NOW!" or "STOP!". But then I consider myself fairly new to the tarot.

Witchyone

She tells me she has Asperger's. Good friend of mine for 4 years of college. Exceptional creative writer. That's her passion and aspiring career trajectory. She works at a children's museum. She said she was asexual, until she had sex junior year of college in a polyamorous relationship with a guy and girl. She claimed she loves everyone in the world equally and is incapable of dislike. Serious boundary issues/people pleaser.

She's extremely intelligent, but tends to think in categories. She'll see a movie or read a comic like the X-Men and then assign a character to people in her life. She does that with nearly all literature and people she knows. She's very spacey and you can talk to her for a few minutes only for her to respond with 'what?'.

She's also a talented culinary artist and theater kid. Loves wine. Acts refined and like she's from a high social status, but I don't think she really was of high social standing from a socio-economic standpoint. Idk for sure though.

No religion. Likes astrology. Loves mythology. Strong personal values of the 'universal love' variety.

It's surprising to hear about a fiction writer with Asperger's. Creative invention is usually not one of their strengths. It's fascinating when someone who thinks differently is able to communicate that outwardly. This book comes to mind...
https://www.amazon.com/Born-Blue-Day-Extraordinary-Autistic/dp/1416549013

Super interesting. So many of her planets and AC has Jupiter as the depositor. I think the "universal love" thing are the rose colored glasses of combined Sag and Pisces.

Gem, you call "universal love" having on rose-colored glasses? Isn't that the goal and charge of almost every religion? I see it as true-seeing when a person can see the divine in each of us. That's what "namaste" means.

Witchyone

Still not kooky (To me.... which is not saying much). So you commune with nature spirits/faeries, eh? You might not do the rituals and put on the regalia and accouterments, but you're very much in the "magical" life. Do you always go to a specific area when you do this?

My process is more mundane/less kooky. I just shuffle the cards until I hear a loud voice in my head either say "NOW!" or "STOP!". But then I consider myself fairly new to the tarot.

Yeah, I guess it's one of the few times I let my intuition just GO and don't question why I'm doing what I'm doing. I usually sit under the oak tree in my back yard, but if I hear birds out front, I'll go there instead.

Ha! I hear that voice sometimes too. Other times I think to myself, "I'll stop when someone tells me to" and then a bird will squawk or something, and I feel it's time to stop.

moonkat235

It's surprising to hear about a fiction writer with Asperger's. Creative invention is usually not one of their strengths. It's fascinating when someone who thinks differently is able to communicate that outwardly. This book comes to mind...
https://www.amazon.com/Born-Blue-Day-Extraordinary-Autistic/dp/1416549013

Gem, you call "universal love" having on rose-colored glasses? Isn't that the goal and charge of almost every religion? I see it as true-seeing when a person can see the divine in each of us. That's what "namaste" means.

I'm not convinced she had Asperger's. She told me she did, but I thought she was fairly adept at socializing and people generally liked her. She's definitely an original person though. Never met anyone like her.

Witchyone

I'm not convinced she had Asperger's. She told me she did, but I thought she was fairly adept at socializing and people generally liked her. She's definitely an original person though. Never met anyone like her.

Sounds like a very interesting person. Those labels are only useful to a point anyway.

moonkat235

Sounds like a very interesting person. Those labels are only useful to a point anyway.

Yeah, she's cool. She and another girl on my dorm floor introduced me to tarot freshman year back in 2012/2013, but I didn't get really into it until end of 2016/beginning of 2017.

Would you wanna set up a tarot chat thread with daily draws/spreads, Witchy? I was just thinking it might be fun.

I can't really move right now, so I'm going to do tarot. I think I messed up my knee at the gym today, because it started popping on the right side and now it hurts like a *****. I tried to stretch it out, but that made it worse! lol

Witchyone

Yeah, she's cool. She and another girl on my dorm floor introduced me to tarot freshman year back in 2012/2013, but I didn't get really into it until end of 2016/beginning of 2017.

Would you wanna set up a tarot chat thread with daily draws/spreads, Witchy? I was just thinking it might be fun.

I can't really move right now, so I'm going to do tarot. I think I messed up my knee at the gym today, because it started popping on the right side and now it hurts like a *****. I tried to stretch it out, but that made it worse! lol

Hmm, I'd participate in some kind of Tarot thread if you started one, :love: particularly a study thread. I have various objections to online readings, daily readings, and things that feel like commitments. :tongue:

You really go all-out Aries at the gym, don't ya? Is it swollen?

moonkat235

Hmm, I'd participate in some kind of Tarot thread if you started one, :love: particularly a study thread. I have various objections to online readings, daily readings, and things that feel like commitments. :tongue:

You really go all-out Aries at the gym, don't ya? Is it swollen?

lol It's not super swollen, but it won't bend that much. Idk what I did to it, because I wasn't even going that hard today. I used to have to go to physical therapy like a decade ago, because something about my leg was giving me back spasms, so that's probably been activated now. Ugh. Oh well.

It's all good on the thread. haha I'm not sure what the topic should be, but a study thread sounds cool. How would you suggest structuring it? Were you thinking general overview of the card meanings and deck structure? Or like exercises to strengthen tarot reading with examples? Or like how to approach learning it? I'm just throwing ideas out there. lol

Chrysalis

You made me really interested in how Tarot is related to astrology. Do you think someone with a good grasp of astrology can do well with Tarot and vice versa? Also do you think Tarot can be a subtitute for horary?
Yes sure it does help. Astrology just gives a nuance to the card/s.
If say you got 3 cards...tower~2 wands~3 wands astrologically you would notice there is a lot of aries energy here, so regarding a guys interest you could say he likes the chase/excitement, but for commitment it would be a no.

Substitute for horary, no definitely not. I personally don't use tarot for for predictions, they just show the energies surrounding a situation. Like gauging out whats inside a person and making them act like they do etc.
I have always dismissed Tarot as a kind of random fortune telling. I was at a fair and I got to experience a Tarot reading in action. There were a couple of young people doing the reading and their prediction was pretty general. I wasn't sure if they were talking bullsh*t or not but I had a feeling they weren't entirely genuine.
I remember once i went to have a tarot reading done (before i could read cards myself), the cards she dealt ended with 'world card' she says everything i was trying to accomplish i would, the year ahead would be great...blah,blah,blah. Ha Ha! how wrong was she, it was a very difficult year for me that year....and the world card is astrologically related to saturn...so that's why.
BTW I just ordered a Tarot desk and a beginner guide book to try out :tongue:
A tarot desk...wow thats amazing, a desk of tarot :andy: lol...i know what you mean.

Witchyone

lol It's not super swollen, but it won't bend that much. Idk what I did to it, because I wasn't even going that hard today. I used to have to go to physical therapy like a decade ago, because something about my leg was giving me back spasms, so that's probably been activated now. Ugh. Oh well.

Ugh. Were you lifting when you did that? I don't like it when the sides of knees pop. No sir.

It's all good on the thread. haha I'm not sure what the topic should be, but a study thread sounds cool. How would you suggest structuring it? Were you thinking general overview of the card meanings and deck structure? Or like exercises to strengthen tarot reading with examples? Or like how to approach learning it? I'm just throwing ideas out there. lol

Girl, I have no clue. I've been doing Tarot for myself for 22 years, but I've had no structure, rarely follow any rules, and the only books I've read on it are the ones that came with my decks. I first learned sitting around a campfire with some hippies on a mountain, so I've always taken a very intuitive approach.

I think the most interesting thing about the Tarot that people usually don't know is that it represents a surprisingly linear narrative of the Fool's journey to enlightenment.