Should I go back to school?

Edwotica

I left University after a year because I knew that the education system wasn't for me. It reminded me of high school and it seemed to me that academics was a monotonous trudge. However, the community that I was a part of there was one of independents, a dorm room where the weekend consisted of drinking wine, playing chess, jamming on instruments. By no means was this a large percentage of the school's population, but I found the people who I was truly comfortable with. Over the last three months I've been volunteering on organic farms in Europe, but there's been a pretty constant feeling of vulnerability (not necessarily a bad thing) and lonesomeness. I am now working at a grocery store, the same job that I had in high school, and am enjoying it, but am looking for something different. Even though I am so opposed to the current state of the education system, the community and creative environment that I left seems to be calling back to me. My horary question is: "Should I go back to (school name) next semester?"

I don't do much horary astrology, so my interpretation will be in regard to intuitional analyzation more so than traditional practice. I'd love and appreciate any feedback that people can give!
----------------------------

I am represented by the chart ruler, Saturn (Scorpio), and the Moon (Taurus). Firstly, Pluto on the Capricorn AC, with harmonious aspects to both of the personal rulers on the IC/MC line, shows both the desire to weigh out and look at the options with complete passion, but within this context I see it as the access to my generation and the ability to create who I am through my actions, searching my soul through the stringent practice of a University (9th House). Sun conjunct Saturn, where Sun rules the 8th, could be finding the middle ground between me and the University's expectations by studying something more taboo. The Mars/Jupiter opposition between the 11th/5th shows that I contain that knowledge and potential, but I need a means of other people to show it off and grow, and all others to grow around me. This is a long journey to a place to call home, a place to call a community. Even better, Mars rules the 3rd and Jupiter rules the 11th/12th. There's also the t-square between Pluto (AC)/Uranus/and Venus leading straight into the Cancer DC (conjunct my natal Mars). Helping others tear down walls and more, but I don't really feel the need to dig deeper in that. The chart seems so straight-forward, simply looking at it I get beautiful messages...

I'd love to hear anyone else opinion, and especially interpretation.

Much love, Edward

Attachments

• School.jpg
    School.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 35

Inquisag

Greetings Edward,

Saturn in the 9th shows your concern about returning to school. Venus rules the 9th house and is not making an aspect to Saturn. The aspect between Saturn and the Sun has passed. As you noted, Venus is opposing Uranus, ruler of the 2nd house which I think means you would not be able to earn an income while attending school or that attending school would not lead to an income. The ruler of your 10th house, Pluto, squares Venus suggesting that your career lies outside of school. Pluto is just past the ascendant, it looks as if you participated recently in an activity that is a career option for you. With Pluto trine the Moon, you should have another opportunity to do so again soon.

I suggest you do a thorough job of analyzing your natal chart. This link will help you - http://www.scribd.com/doc/82801102/12/VOCATIONAL-INDICATORS.

Edwotica

My natal chart always appears pretty paradoxical, as it strives for higher learning, but doesn't appreciate being told what to do among the masses. The ruler of the MC is on the cusp between Cancer and Leo, but heavier in the Lion. This shows my comfort from the 1st house, and understanding of sociability and work image (server at restaurant from ages 14-19, simaltaneously working at a grocery store). However, my ease also is shown as a burden, with a square between my Moon/Venus conjunction and the IC/MC line, demonstrated in my life at the moment with continuing work as a cashier at a grocery store. Mars (9th, Cancer) rules both my 6th and 7th houses, and just seeing that I'm sure everybody on this forum is going to show up during my shift at the supermarket tomorrow morning so I can serve them :tongue:! Mars is trine Venus (rules 1st/8th/12th) and Moon (MC just outside of Cancer), so my personality and service is part of my vocation, which is a beautiful notion that I've discovered about myself. Now, this is what I'm moving from, for I'm looking to create in a more meaningful way to myself, rather than continuing to work in the same sector of customer service.

The larger chunk of my MC is in Leo, ruling the Sun (Libra, 12th). The recognition that I seek is more intimate, as I like to be able to experience and give to the people around me, rather than bearing a false flag or image.
~When I attended this same University last year I ran for and won the election to be a senator in the student body. Relocated Sun was conjunct AC, and Mars was conjunct MC!~
I think I'm still trying to understand the full meaning of my natal Sun square Mars, which connects harmoniously to the Moon/Venus.

My progressed Venus is currently in the 2nd house, with a tight sextile to Jupiter, and I can see this playing out in my most recent adventure. I volunteered at organic farms in Europe for a couple months, as well as spending some time with relatives in London. My time at each smallholding was only temporary, visiting several for 2-3 week periods. I learned much about permaculture, working with tools, gardening, etc. I supported myself for the most part, but my parents gave me some money, and I had some money in my English bank account that my Uncle had given to me over the years (Venus ruling the 8th, and in Scorpio). Jupiter rules the 3rd, and I communicated with so many different people, many of whom spoke foreign languages (Virgo).

My dream is to create a community, to maintain a home, where people can help grow and take care of themselves through open-ended spirituality and creativity. I see it very vividly at some point in the future, but from the dream must stem the journey, and many smaller, more manageable goals in between. I'm especially interested in learning more about permaculture and putting it to wonderful use! The volunteering program that I worked through is called WWOOF (World Wide Opportunity in Organic Farms), and it's all over the world. For about 20 dollars you can gain access to all farms within this program in a single country. In fact, I just purchased a membership for WWOOF US to explore my options!

Pluto (Scorpio) rules my 2nd house, and it is found right on the cusp between my 1st and 2nd houses. I find myself losing possessions absentmindedly pretty frequently, and I always insist that it's a combination of letting go even more and minding my stuff : P. The biggest lesson was a house fire, losing everything when I was 14 years old. As long as I am happy working, I don't mind my income (I've never had a pay raise at any of my jobs, but I made mad dollars getting tips!). It does take money to make money though, so when given opportunity and finance I can do incredible things.

Thanks for your response Inquisag, and I'd love to continue the conversation, especially in your thoughts regarding the Sun square Mars and all that jazz.

Attachments

• Edward most recent chart.jpg
    Edward most recent chart.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 24

Edwotica

It looks as if progressed Ceres is pretty close to my IC, and then in harmonious aspects to the current Venus/Mercury sextiles, implying much discussion. Those three bodies in this current aspect represent my feelings about the above dream pretty spot on!

Inquisag

Edwotica,

I do all of my natal charts as sidereal. The information at the top of yours was cut off (intentionally?) so I cannot comment with what I consider to be accurate information from an astrological point of view.

I do have two general questions/comments/observations. The first one has to do with your goal to build community. You mention a job as a cashier, but not if it is full-time. Savings from a full-time minimum wage job (without dependents) could provide the funds for purchasing land and paying taxes on the land depending on where you live. A "green" community could start with that. I don't know what you mean by building community.

My second one concerns education. There are free classes on the internet for almost any subject; Coursera, MIT...you can even take classes at Harvard. I guess I really don't understand exactly what it is you are trying to do.

Edwotica

My birth date is September 28, 1992 in Minneapolis, MN. I'm really not opposed to this particular school right now, as I have taken some time off for a break, and already have a good sense of community there. I'm against what I know of the education system, at least at the moment, but I also believe the we're experiencing quite a bit of change all around, so in a way, wherever I go I am simply working on my own spiritual pursuits, and influencing, learning from, and creating with the friends around me. The people who I am spending time with at the moment are mainly just friends from high school, who are doing the same old things, and even though I still get along with them, I found more joy in expanding.

I also need to leave my parents' home, which is where I am working from. I don't have my driver's license at the moment, so I bicycle or bus everywhere I need to go. I was mainly taking apart my work/vocation within my chart, rather than looking at the specific horary question, and I noted thoroughly how my personality is comfortable working silly jobs, but is seeking more. I don't work full time, and the place that I'm at does not accommodate to anything past part-time, but I also know that my duty isn't to keep working in places like that at the moment.

I guess building community is more the idea of bridging together with like-minded people, and the image I have is similar to a commune. Money is not especially an issue unless I want to immediately branch out (Say moving somewhere completely new, attempting to start from the ground up, which I've considered), but my parents are very supportive of me pursing University or school, and I would be able to borrow money for the moment.

I am not in a panic, but am feeling impatient, torn across despite having options. I've been experiencing an on and off case of the Uranus opposite N. Sun/Pluto opposite N. Mars grand cross in Cardinal signs, which always push me into pretty immediate action, so I'm pretty certain that now is the time to jump into something. Minnesota just doesn't feel like the place for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Edwotica

Approximately 8:54, but I'm pretty confident it's on the Leo side of the MC, as it's the different between 1st or 12th ruler, and the latter makes more sense.

aquarius7000

Hello,

As per Horary, you=Sat
Higher education=9th house

You are rightly placed in the 9th house showing your interest in getting back to school/uni. From the 9th, Sat is moving towards sextiling you/Asc. Ven, ruler of the 9th house is moving towards Sat (you) and entering into the 9th. The Moon is exalted and in Ven's sign. Yes, oh yes, go for it as per this horary.

:)AQ7

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Hi Guys,

Since this is a forum for horary questions, if a natal interpretation is to be done instead please create a new thread in the non horary section. Comparing a natal to a horary can be done here, but it sounds more like an in depth natal is desired in addition.

TK

Edwotica

The response is to the horary, but I appreciate any information regarding the extra bit, as this yes or no answer feels a bit empty as a "no". If it moves you, I can delete my post about the natal, but that seems a bit reactive...

Edwotica

Looking at all of the early degrees, it seemed fairly obvious to me that the answer would be "Yes". I would potentially leave for school in two months, and both the Sun and Moon are approximately tw degrees from the MC/IC respectively, as well as two degrees from an aspect with the AC/DC. I read some negativity as Inquisag did, but I interpret the 2nd House as values here rather than money, and I have always been outspoken against traditional schooling. So the chart may imply that I'm against the general idea, but if interpreted as a sacrifice, this is for something much larger (ie expectation and parents, but myself in the long run). The MC/IC line is conjunct and opposite my Moon/Venus, and the AC/DC line is opposite and conjunct my Mars. Those factors, as well as the Sun moving toward horary MC show that attending school is affecting my surface image and professionalism, and then the Saturn transit really puts it into definition! ProgressedMoon is moving from the 9th house to my MC fairly soon too. Wowza! Thank you guys!

Last edited:

mr1234

Edwotica, i feel the same. I'm also fed up the way things going in the school. Lost 2 years. But, we can't do anything. I suggest you to continue your education, but my answer is not astrological.