Dominant planet

Aliente

What's my dominant planet and what does it mean? I used some online calculators but they all came up with a differen result.

Attachments

• astro.png
    astro.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 41

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

There are different ways to calculate one's dominant planet, so yes, they will give different results. For example, some would say it's the planet ruling your ascendant in Pisces. This would be Neptune (modern) and/or Jupiter (traditional.) Traditionalists would determine which of your planets has the most essential dignity. A modern astrologer might look at how well your planets are aspected.

I'd be inclined to vote for your Uranus-Mercury duo. Uranus is in the sign it rules (modernly) and Uranus-Mercury form the tip of a "kite" formation in your chart. You are probably a very creative, futuristic sort of thinker-- when you can make yourself focus.

Forgotten Warrior

What's my dominant planet and what does it mean? I used some online calculators but they all came up with a differen result.

Same for me.
Astrologers have various methods to determine a dominant,and it can't be the same everytime(except when you have a stellium in a sign)
So we can't be quite sure.

Last edited:

Forgotten Warrior

Welcome to the forum.

There are different ways to calculate one's dominant planet, so yes, they will give different results. For example, some would say it's the planet ruling your ascendant in Pisces. This would be Neptune (modern) and/or Jupiter (traditional.) Traditionalists would determine which of your planets has the most essential dignity. A modern astrologer might look at how well your planets are aspected.

I'd be inclined to vote for your Uranus-Mercury duo. Uranus is in the sign it rules (modernly) and Uranus-Mercury form the tip of a "kite" formation in your chart. You are probably a very creative, futuristic sort of thinker-- when you can make yourself focus.

But the Moon has a role here?

Aliente

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you! But according to astro charts.com , Uranus is not involved in my kite formation. The planets that make the kite are the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Pluto or Mars(no matter which of the two tips you take, you can still see a kite).

Forgotten Warrior

Thank you! But according to astro charts.com , Uranus is not involved in my kite formation. The planets that make the kite are the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Pluto or Mars(no matter which of the two tips you take, you can still see a kite).

The calculators are based on algorithms,so they will consider only Mercury as part of the kite(because a kite would normally be formed from 5 planets)
But in your case,Uranus conjuncts Mercury,and these two planets'energies combine,so Uranus indirectly is part of the kite.

Moondancing

Premium Member
When learning specific techniques to determine the dominant planet one also looks at how the d. planet then plays out in the life of famous people with whom we have facts to base our findings. There are several techniques and it takes looking at the events and decisions in your life, what planet is calling the shots, to be confident of the d. planet. Plus, not every chart has a Lord.

Here are three different approaches to determining the Lord. First...
1. Domicle lord of the Midheaven, if this planet is angular.
2. A planet in the 10th house.
3. A planet in the 11th house.
If no planets meet this criteria then there is no Lord.

Second...
1. Planet should not be under the beams of the Sun
2. Has more "dignity" in its location via sign rulership
3. Has the most power in terms of angularity.
4. Has the most power in terms of its configuration with the other planets in the chart.

Third...
1. Approach oriented to the Asc. Place considered the helm of the ship and
planets are the different officers on the ship. If metaphors suit you.
2. The bound lord of degree of the Asc.
-Co-Master is domicile lord of the rising sign

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo8gXjDEQmM&t=10224s

MD

waybread

Your kite has more than one planet at some of the corners. Normally I'd give the moon an orb of 10 degrees. Although moon-Uranus is a bit beyond that, the conjunction of Uranus-Mercury tends to pull in Uranus.

Your moon in Leo has no special dignity. My moon is in Leo so I think it's a great placement; but your moon just isn't picking up a lot of strength that I can determine. With all those aspects it is a focalizer, but Uranus in the sign it rules (modernly) would make it a stronger planet.