Anti-Capitalism Thread

david starling

No Im not .

Yeah you are. This guy's broke because he lacks the motivation to work to make money, or even to avail himself of the Safety-net. Despair, depression, or some other mental disability has rendered him unfit to meet your Capitalistic standard for human worth. So, you get offended when he asks for a small handout.

david starling

What's your attitude about customers leaving tips on a restaurant? After all, they've paid the required price for the meal, the waiter is getting paid for serving it, so why should they pay extra?

AppLeo

Yeah you are. This guy's broke because he lacks the motivation to work to make money, or even to avail himself of the Safety-net. Despair, depression, or some other mental disability has rendered him unfit to meet your Capitalistic standard for human worth. So, you get offended when he asks for a small handout.

Okay, so what?

What's your attitude about customers leaving tips on a restaurant? After all, they've paid the required price for the meal, the waiter is getting paid for serving it, so why should they pay extra?

Customers should leave a tip thats 20% of the cost of the meal.

So if the meal was 100 dollars, then leave a 20 dollar tip.

david starling

Okay, so what?

Customers should leave a tip thats 20% of the cost of the meal.

So if the meal was 100 dollars, then leave a 20 dollar tip.

So, you're using one's usefulness to the Capitalists as a measure of human worth. You said you weren't for some reason.
Why tip? Isn't that a free ✋out?

david starling

I tip 15% for a sit-down meal with a waiter. I try to leave a separate dollar for the bus-person (seems like it's always a guy, and older than a "boy":lol:), but the waiter usually grabs it.

david starling

Some restaurants add the tip to the price automatically, so it's mandatory. You have to pay the minimum 15%, but you can add to it if you really liked the service.

JUPITERASC

Our technology isn't really that advanced :lol:
Can we replace surgeons and nurses with robots? Nope.
Can we replacer waiters? Nope.
Can we replace construction workers or plumbers? Nope.
Can we replace cashiers? Okay yes.
We have a long way to go.
To some degree. You work to create value. You create value for money. If a robot takes your job, you stop creating value, so you can't have money. Without money you can't buy stuff.
Being alive isn't what gives you choices.
If you want infinite choices try the spiritual world or heaven
Because it's slavery if people have to work to give you something that you want.
Over half of rich people are self-made.
Oh okay, so communism. Nice. You know what happens under communism? Resources cease to exist, people starve, etc... because people are being paid for doing what they want not being paid for producing value.
That's why most people are poor. If you want money and to live freely, you have to create a successful business.
If we give a free pass to some people, then everyone will want free passes, and if we give everyone free passes, then who's going to work the jobs that machines can't replace???
It benefits her because the business can produce more products. The more products produced, the more they can lower their prices. The more they lower their prices, the more the public can buy the products. The more products bought, the better the economy and for the public as a whole. When the public and economy gets better other businesses get better so that when the lady buys from these other businesses she can buy these products for cheaper.
Same reason from the last paragraph.
No, I'm saying people need to be more careful who they buy from.
As I said before, people need to pay more attention to what they're buying.
Yeah, maybe government regulations will help, but these regulations will not catch everything that could be harmful.
Willingly trusting the government is naive and sheep like if you ask me.
No, governments are important, but ultimately, people are responsible for taking care of themselves. Not the government. You are the only person looking out for yourself at the end of the day.
OKay.
Because you're just throwing money at people without really fixing their problem.
I'd feel like garbage, if you ask me. Living off of others people's money means that they have less money to spend for themselves that they rightly earned.
I'd have no self-esteem or feel good about myself because the only reason I'd be in good condition is because of the people around me. Not being able to take care of yourself is a very depressing thought. I couldn't live with myself.
k
Oh well, not everyone can have it great in life.
Do you think it's good that people do not have the "law" to tell people exactly how to live their lives? IF you answer yes, then you are already saying that law is not what we should aim for. We should be curtailing many of the laws.
Yes, but not nearly as many taxes as we are paying today. Taxes for the police, army, government itself to pass laws are all we need to pay taxes for.
No. Just leave them be like any other person. Treat them like responsible individuals. If they can't provide for themselves, then that's their problem.
Nonono. You see, I'm an individual. The dentist is an individual. WE are two separate entities. My tooth hurts and I have money. The dentist specializes in teeth and he needs money. As two individuals we both consent to a transaction where I give him money to fix my tooth.
I'm an individual. The intellectually disabled person is an individual. We are two separate entities. The disabled person is hungry and has no money. I have money and my own problems. I'm forced to feed this person against my will. They are benefitting at the expense of my time and energy.
She's my hero.
Being selfish is good and I am proud of it.
I don't waste my life on people that want me to be selfless for their own selfish problems. But I'm not the kind of selfish that uses other people for my own gain.
A homeless person that wants me to give them food is the most selfish person in the world. They can't even get a job and make their own money. They just want people to give them food for them just sitting on the sidewalk doing NOTHING!
quote-capitalism-is-a-purely-cultic-religion-perhaps-the-most-extreme-that-ever-existed-walter-benjamin-82-34-03.jpg

JUPITERASC

You have to work to live no matter what situation you're in. You could be working for a company or on an island by yourself.

If you wanna survive you have to stuff you don't want to do.

If you don't like it, then try death. Cuz clearly living is too much work.
Beggars can't be choosers.

If you want something, you have to work for it. These CEO's and businessman started out the same way. They had to work minimum wage jobs, they had to go to college, they had to come up with an idea to start a business. Yeah, you don't have much of a choice, but your choices get bigger, you learn things, you gain experience. You could start a business yourself. You could work for a different company. You could just be homeless. There's plenty of options.

Just because you're alive doesn't mean people owe you housing, food, water, etc.. That's your problem. If you want people to help you, then you have to help them.

Imagine if there were no businessmen. Now what. There's no jobs. If people are poor and they only rely on minimum wage jobs, they're gonna be poor and miserable there entire life because they don't learn that building skills and trying to start businesses on your own is important.

No. These people need to find jobs that machines can't operate. They don't just get a free pass because a machine took their job.

Well now she can produce twice the amount she used to when she works 8 hours.

You're thinking in a stagnation mindset. The world doesn't get wealthier and better if people keep producing at the same rate. If you want more pages for more people to read then she needs to keep working eight hours.

I've already told you in my own words, but Peter Schiff explains it better.

Well, I don't see how that's good for business when you poison your customers. Good luck making millions of dollars when you kill people, when word of mouth tells people that the product kills people, and people will tarnish and destroy your reputation.

It just doesn't make sense for a business to do those things.

And honestly, what counts as poison? Soda could be considered poison. It's liquid sugar. That's not good for you. But should the government decide if you can drink soda or not?? No, it's your life and body. If you don't care that you could get diabetes from soda intake then drink as much as you want.

Yeah, just let them die.

You think welfare is heartfelt and empathetic? It's the coldest way to help people.

"Here's some money from the government that was collected from the country that doesn't even know you personally, now stay alive so you don't die in the street."

No one really wants to deal with these people. And if that's true then let them die.

But I'm sure there will be someone out there to take care of them because there are empathetic people and "civilized" people to take care of them.

And if that's the case, why am I paying taxes for these people when we have perfectly empathetic people willing to take them under their wing???

Obviously. I think that's a given.

but freedoms that should have are being lossed

You take care of them then.

Why should anyone have a right to the money I make? Or the right to another individuals money? Like I don't understand that.

The money I make is mine. I made it, so I should spend it however I want.

I don't care if someone dying or disabled. No one owes those people anything. If anything, disabled people owe us everything because they're such a burden to everyone around them.

In America, you don't live for people's sake. You live for your own sake. And if you can't live for your own sake, then, as Ayn Rand put it, you are "a sacrificial animal."

But thinking about it, I wouldn't mind paying taxes for disabled people. It's not that expensive compared to the other things we spend on taxes. I don't want people to die for just existing because they can't help themselves. Makes me feel bad.

It's just wrong though at the end of the day. The moral thing to say is that everyone is entitled to their money.

People could've reached an even higher potential if they didn't have to worry about helping others.
wage-slaves-buying-****-they-dont-need-with-money-they-26943493.png

bf0bd53c828482be4a9e06505e029283.gif

Capitalism is the best possible system for as long as there are states and competition. If we abolish states, competition and elitism, also enforce birth control and reduce the human race, then we can use a more humane economic system but even then I doubt we would be able to take it, humans are designed to destroy each other, they love absolute freedom and the possibility to become great and conquer everything, they are more willing to die than they are to live in mediocrity. In order to enforce another system, you have to give humanity a reason to feel great and a purpose.

Right now, any state who tries to abolish capitalism handicaps itself since that means it becomes less competitive and capable, the people will only suffer in such a state because they take less from the pie, balance and equality can only be achieved if everyone is equally competitive.

Capitalism is a very real game of survival.... It's just a game created by humans and by no means you should ever consider it a normall state of living but you have no choice, you gotta play and win, humans are terrible at managing their life and reduce the stress of it, they keep pressuring themselves over the limits for no reason, we are just stupid but we may need it, we like it. I personally wouldn't have a problem with a "responsible" fair system but in a world of states and competition, I prefer to live in the most libertarian state as possible, if i have to play the game then I prefer to have all the options open, in the neocommunist incompetitive bureucratic shitwhole country I live, I have very few options sadly.

Last edited:
Is your country dropping bombs on other countries to support the oil and weapons Corporations?

Prosperity doesn't come without getting your hands dirty, would you prefer to live in poverty and suffer? Usa is a prosperous place because it plays the game well, if it didn't, you would have other things to worry about.

Americans do what they must in order to win the game, if they don't do that then the resources will pass on another hands and they will lose, thus their people will suffer, I wouldn't feel bad for having such a goverment.

Countries who can't compete with another countries in order to prosper then suck from their people's blood in order to do so, a prime example is my country, so in the end, in the world of competition, a sacrifice will be made, if someone else doesn't eat bombs then it might be you who will do. The honest thing is to fight... the dishonest and attrocious thing is to sacrifice your people to remain on top, a prime characteristic of communist goverments.

Do I support such bloodshed though? Well, I don't, it's a neccesity in the world we live but I don't support it because it's inresponsible and against humanity, but in order to change it then everything we know until now, needs to change, the world has to become one, humans need to be reduced by a lot, elitist classes need to fall, birth control needs to be enforced and a lot more.

In a truly fair world, then yes, I wouldn't want a country who drops bombs and acts against the balance.

Last edited:
Ireland turned things around economically without needing to attack other countries.

The economies are nowhere close though and I think the standar of living in the US is much higher besides that Usa has to support a very large military and operations all over the world.

Can Ireland compete with the Russia army? Is Ireland the same size with the US? Was Ireland a major player on the ww2? The big economies of Europe either attack or export a lot, exporting is still attacking because you make money with it on the expense of another.

All in all, if your country is small and not under external threat then yes, you can prosper with a smaller piece from the pie. Usa needs a much bigger piece in order to sustain what it has created.

AppLeo

So, you're using one's usefulness to the Capitalists as a measure of human worth. You said you weren't for some reason.
Why tip? Isn't that a free ✋out?

It is a measure of human worth to some degree. The richer someone is, the more value they have created for the world. The more they have helped the world.

And you tip because that's what's agreed in the transaction. There would be no servers if no one tipped.

I don't know. that's just what you're supposed to do. You tip servers based on how good they are. If they don't do good, then you tip them nothing. If they're great then 20%.

I take it we've spent some time waiting tables?

Well sort of. For my job right now, I am a busser. I get a percentage of all the tips that the servers make. When servers don't make money; I don't make money.