Asc @ 0.59Capricorn but not having Capricorn characteristics ?

Chrysalis

Im looking at my neighbors chart for practise, she has her Asc @0.59 Capricorn with also a stellium in Capricorn.

Unless her mums given her the wrong time, to me she's so not a Capricorn

She's VERY outgoing and kind of smiley too, she talks to anyone, shes VERY attention seeking to the max, she loves attention, shes with a guy at present and if they break up (her virgo moon keeps messing things up for her) you can guarantee the whole of our town knows about it, even when she's getting served in a store she'll start telling the cashier about what he's done etc. Reserved is something she's not.

From what i know of so far about Capricorns, she's not fitting the bill in the way she is, so would you say her mums got the time wrong or she's got some saggitarius traits too. ?

What she does have Capricorn:
She has good facial bone structure.
Wears the capricorn clothing,very basic colors of blacks,greens,browns etc, earthy colors and trainers/jeans.
Wears minimal make up, prefers her hair dark.

So the way she looks makes sense, but not how she is. What planet/s is causing her to behave less capricorn even though she has a stellium and asc in capricorn ?

Chrysalis

Here's the chart

astro_2gw_h.37412.63777_LI.jpg

katydid

The sign Capricorn is not as important as the fact that Uranus and Mars are right on her Ascendant. No matter what sign it is in, Uranus is going to be outgoing, expressive and assertive.

Mars is exalted here, and will always be outgoing, assertive and actively expressive when angular.

The opposition to Jupiter inflates and exaggerates that energy force and brings in the emotional element to fuel it.

Capricorn rising does not always indicate reserved, dour attitudes anyway. Capricorn is CARDINAL energy and it is earthy and ambitious. Get It Done is their mantra.

AppLeo

Dude, she has her Sun in the 3rd house in Aquarius tribe Jupiter. Obviously she’s going to be outgoing.

Plus, she barely has a Capricorn Ascendant. In my book, she still has some Sag Rising, if not, completely a Sag Rising.

And with a stellium in the first house, she’s just going to be a very ME, ME, ME kind of person. Which makes them outgoing and all. Cappy’s aren’t really like that so maybe that’s why she seems less Capricorn.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

Thanks Katy :), ive just been reading an old thread too, that mentioned about planets on the asc having an influence.

Mars angular and exalted, i totally didn't even take that into consideration :andy:

You've showed me a good few pointers here so Thankyou.

Is this how an opposition works in natal then "exaggerates that energy force"

Yes she is a "cardinal get it done", just isn't very ambitious shes more into pleasing the guy shes with, cooking for him, cleaning, she has a child to him too so also being a Mum. Moon in 8th/virgo is totally her, very paranoid and obsessive, nitpicky etc, hence him learning her twice now...they are at present back together.

Ive told her i dont think hes the right guy for her....as she has cancer DC, is this what she needs in a r'ship, like the cancer homebody type of guy? As the guy shes with now is very Libra, and she hates it when he goes out etc, she wants him at home with her all the time.

Chrysalis

Dude, she has her Sun in the 3rd house in Aquarius tribe Jupiter. Obviously she’s going to be outgoing.
Bear with me Apps ive only just started studying natal :biggrin: It makes sense what you say though, ill try and remember this....my mind feels like a sieve though.
Plus, she barely has a Capricorn Ascendant. In my book, she still has some Sag Rising, if not, completely a Sag Rising.
Really ? So as she only just into cap you'd say she was more a sagg then ? I wasn't sure that why i started this thread as wasn't sure how it worked.
And with a stellium in the first house, she’s just going to be a very ME, ME, ME kind of person. Which makes them outgoing and all. Cappy’s aren’t really like that so maybe that’s why she seems less Capricorn.
Yes so true, she is all Me, me, me i can't take being around her for too long as shes way too selfish for my liking....ALL ABOUT HER. Yes and that's where the confusion came, hence thread as shes not like a cap really at all in how she is, i though caps were more reserved and shes not....shes more like a Leo to me.

Uhhhh ? Suns in the second house, how did you get 3rd ?

katydid

When Jupiter is in opposition, yes. But if it was Saturn, then it would minimize and repress that energy force.

An opposition is a struggle between the two, sometimes like a see-saw. One side may have control, then the other.

AppLeo

Oh... thought it was 3rd.. still...

The thing with the Ascendant is that it’s barely Capricorn so I wouldn’t completely write off sagittarius.

Chrysalis

When Jupiter is in opposition, yes. But if it was Saturn, then it would minimize and repress that energy force.

An opposition is a struggle between the two, sometimes like a see-saw. One side may have control, then the other.

Oh right i understand now, Thankyou :)

aquarius7000

Hi,

Whilst Capricorn (so, yes, Capricorn Asc., too), by itself, is always reserved and sombre, you have to look at what else affects the Asc. and the first house. The Asc. marks the beginning of the houses, and the first house, but the complete first house is very important when looking at how the native comes across/is.

With Mars on the Asc., this person is quite initiative-taking and active. She will also stand up for herself without hesitation (Saturn), if need be. Venus there will make her do so with some poise and charm. Uranus and Mars combo in the first house means this person may even like taking certain risks, whilst a pure Cap Asc. would usually not. She will also be quite willful and freedom-loving.
Over and above all, she has the two planets that love relating to others - Venus (social) and Mercury (communicative).

The Sun in Aquarius also can make you want to be in groups/ with friends.

Is this person somewhat lanky and slim?

Chrysalis

Lanky and slim yes VERY, infact shes too thin at present, where did you get this from ?

Sun in Aquarius makes you want to be in groups of friends ? oh right, im really struggling with grasping the aquarius sign, i thought aquarius were detached and can appear to be cold and aloof with people, especially being ruled by saturn.

Im not saying your wrong and im right Aquarius, ive just been struggling with this sign.:unsure:

aquarius7000

And, that is why I keep encouraging people on here to learn before forming your opinions on any one astrological quality or constellation.

Do not just look at the ruler of Aquarius and Capricorn - being Saturn. Look at the difference in the humours/elemental qualities of the two signs. Capricorn is a yin, dark, cold and dry sign that does not see the light of the Sun at all.

Aquarius is a yang, positive, light and wet sign that is fruitful. It is also an air sign that likes exchange of ideas, hence is communicative. Aquarius is said to be detached, but why? For the purpose of practising self-restraint and being objective (Saturn quality). However, it wants to be part of groups and do good for society. Since personal ego is shattered in this sign (which is why the Sun - personal ego - is said to be in detriment here), it prefers groups and collectiveness (the 'we' principle) for common and collective good.

Re. how I could tell that the native is slim and lanky - two main reasons - firstly that the native is a Cap Asc., with Saturn dignified in Cap; secondly, Mars gives on a lot of nervous energy. Another reason is also often Mercury that makes one slim (wiry) often. Sometimes it could act out only as highly communicative or travel-friendly (esp. if the Asc. is in Gem).

How is the person's relationship with the mother?

Lanky and slim yes VERY, infact shes too thin at present, where did you get this from ?

Sun in Aquarius makes you want to be in groups of friends ? oh right, im really struggling with grasping the aquarius sign, i thought aquarius were detached and can appear to be cold and aloof with people, especially being ruled by saturn.

Im not saying your wrong and im right Aquarius, ive just been struggling with this sign.:unsure:

Chrysalis

Yes i'm learning to take other things you've mentioned into consideration too the more im learning.

Im going to take some notes down of what youve replied as it makes a lot of sense, Thanks.

Her Mum, well tbt she talks to her mum like ****, when she was in her teens ive heard she was a bit of a rebel. I personally have told her mum myself that she's too soft with her, H has two kids and every full weekend without fail her mum and dad have her two kids for her, and other extra times too.

I've heard her on the phone with her mum and in a debate she calls her mum all the names under the sun, then wants to STILL in the same call ask her if she's having the kids at the weekend, she's so disrespectful to her.

But then later on that day her mums calling her and they are back on alright terms again....so its kind of like this both sides i think.

I was at her mums with her the other week, her mum made us both a cup of coffee, so she decides to complain demanding another one made, as it was too sweet....i told her mum to leave it and told H to go and make one herself...her mum still went and did it, shes got her mum wrapped around her little finger, H says jump and her mum says how high.

I personally think shes lucky to have a mum and dad like she has, and she just takes advantage of them, i wouldn't say they are the perfect mother/daughter, but i know her mum loves her a lot hence putting up with so much **** from her.

Going further back into Childhood i'm really not too sure, but H does tend to over exaggerate on things anyway, so most times now i don't even listen to her as i never know what is true or not.

aquarius7000

The thing with the Ascendant is that it’s barely Capricorn so I wouldn’t completely write off sagittarius.

AppLeo,

Almost the complete first house is in Capricorn and somewhat in Aquarius. The Asc. starts at 1*. Where on earth are you getting Sag. as far as the Asc. goes? Some innovative Astrology there. No Sag. there, except that Jupiter is in opp. to the first house planets, so actually struggles to affect them.

The native wants a homely person because of a) she has Moon ruling her Dsc., so she wants a nurturing booby that she can almost mother and feed; b) Moon is in Virgo, also a shy homely sign. Another thing, Jupiter in Cancer is exalted, so it further that Cancerian energy. Notice also that Jupiter squares that Moon, its ruler.

Not sure this marriage/relationship will last. She is not the too compromising type either with her Ura-Mars in the first house.

The Moon in the 8th also shows that the mother figure doesn't exist (metaphorically speaking) for her, or the mother suffers greatly at the hands of her daughter. The square to Jup. marks the benevolence of the mother.

Chrysalis

AppLeo,

Almost the complete first house is in Capricorn and somewhat in Aquarius. The Asc. starts at 1*. Where on earth are you getting Sag. as far as the Asc. goes? Some innovative Astrology there. No Sag. there, except that Jupiter is in opp. to the first house planets, so actually struggles to affect them.

The native wants a homely person because of a) she has Moon ruling her Dsc., so she wants a nurturing booby that she can almost mother and feed; b) Moon is in Virgo, also a shy homely sign. Another thing, Jupiter in Cancer is exalted, so it further that Cancerian energy. Notice also that Jupiter squares that Moon, its ruler.

Not sure this marriage/relationship will last. She is not the too compromising type either with her Ura-Mars in the first house.

The Moon in the 8th also shows that the mother figure doesn't exist (metaphorically speaking) for her, or the mother suffers greatly at the hands of her daughter. The square to Jup. marks the benevolence of the mother.

This is exactly how it is with what ive just replied to you about her r'ship with her mother.

And yes she does need a cancer guy, i even told her the qualities she needed in a guy without even looking at her chart. Her and the guy shes presently with, he keeps leaving her as she is too moon/virgo with him and wants him to be at home with her all the time (cancer) the guy she's with is a sun libra and a venus libra trine jupiter, hes very sociable and loves socializing with his friends, her neediness causes him at times to up and leave, where he has done a couple of times now...but she somehow claws him back, infact even after finding evidence of him cheating on her, she is still with him :unsure:

AppLeo

AppLeo,

The Ascendant is barely in Capricorn, so there needs to be wiggle room.

JUPITERASC

The Ascendant is barely in Capricorn,
so there needs to be wiggle room.
If this person were born just four or five MINUTES earlier
their ascendant would indeed have been SAGITTARIUS
and
the vast majority do not have a timed to the minute natal chart
i.e.
paperwork for births is completed AFTER the event :smile:
AFTER newborn has been medically attended to as necessary
as well as after being cleaned, bathed, weighed, clothed and so on
and hospital protocol varies as to WHEN
some hospitals complete paperwork often after hours have passed
and times are "estimated from memory of medical staff"
whose watches, furthermore, may be slow or fast

JUPITERASC

Im sure the timing is noted down when the baby pops fully out, regardless of cleaning and weight etc.
That's so unlikely :smile:
plenty of online videos of the birth process clearly highlight it is a far from pristine event
i.e.
birth is a messy event
therefore
not paperwork friendly at the moment "the baby pops fully out"

aquarius7000

The Ascendant is barely in Capricorn, so there needs to be wiggle room.

Technically speaking you are correct, AppLeo, but we are assuming here that the TOB is correct, and the Asc. is in Cap.

Now, your statement would apply more say if the native's Asc. were at 29* Scorpio because then the first house would almost completely have fallen in Sag.