Your Chart Pattern, does it describe you?

theV

Chart patterns are another way to understand the individual personality. I know roughly around 9 patterns, but I don't know how they operate. Astrological software like Solargold fire identifies your chart pattern. You can read the description of your Chart pattern here:

http://www.astrococktail.com/planetaryorderIII.html

It would be great if you share your thoughts about your patter and whether the pattern shows in your life.

My pattern is The Locomotive Pattern "– All 10 planets occupy between ½ and 2/3 of the chart, leaving 1/3 or more empty. This shows a dynamic and practical capacity, especially characterized by the qualities of the leading planet. Motivated, sometimes to the point of being overbearing, this personality is particularly characterized by the leading planet. Experientially, this is a bowl type with a single toehold in the otherwise opposing vacuum, and that tie to the rest of the world pulls the rest of the personality along after this one hope of avoiding separation. A little like the greyhound chasing the rabbit."

My leading planet is Saturn. Saturn is in Pisces in the 8th house. So my best guess is a lot of focus on transformation, sexuality and occults. I relate to Saturn 8th house. I am interested deeply in the concept of death/rebirth. I work hard on sharpening my astrological skills, and I am interested in exploring human sexuality. My personality must be mysterious with these position it is not:bandit:.

picture.php

Last edited:

Jadi

I have the same pattern as you, locomotive. Also led by Saturn but then in the 12th house. Also a very vague house, and I'm far from dynamic and practical or even motivated for that matter. In fact, i'm a mess :lol: Maybe it's because Saturn is the leading planet?

Last edited:

theV

I have the same pattern is you, locomotive. Also led by Saturn but then in the 12th house. Also a very vague house, and I'm far from dynamic and practical or even motivated for that matter. In fact, i'm a mess :lol: Maybe it's because Saturn is the leading planet?

Hellow fellow loco. I think Locomotive are driven and motivated in the sector that is most occupied by the planets. So most planets falls in the sector of service and relationship. You might excels in politics or civil service,health field, religious or spirtual studies .

This is a good article about Strn 12th house: http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/2015/03/saturn-in-12th-house.html

Saturn in the 12th House is symbolic of the need for a very solid spiritual practice in life, whether it’s religion or philosophy or a New Age belief like astrology.[FONT=&quot]Saturn in the 12th represents the wisdom that the only restrictions are the ones that we believe to be there. They can learn how to rise above their own limitations and recognize the ability for everyone else to do the same. [/FONT]

maybe you are a great motivator. share more after you read the placement.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

graay ghost

I think I have a splay pattern, I'm not sure. I guess I've always had a hard time understanding people who only like or do one type of thing.

Jadi

Hellow fellow loco. I think Locomotive are driven and motivated in the sector that is most occupied by the planets. So most planets falls in the sector of service and relationship. You might excels in politics or civil service,health field, religious or spirtual studies .

This is a good article about Strn 12th house: http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/2015/03/saturn-in-12th-house.html

maybe you are a great motivator. share more after you read the placement.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
That was a pretty powerful article :surprised: Very accurate, and very striking, especially about my parents. It's very hard to overcome since the rest of my chart supports a serve or suffer theme(moon/chiron). I soak everything up like a sponge.

I do my best to motivate them to act in a more mature way and to make them look inwards, but it's indeed like instructing a kindergarten class.

theV

That was a pretty powerful article :surprised: Very accurate, and very striking, especially about my parents. It's very hard to overcome since the rest of my chart supports a serve or suffer theme(moon/chiron). I soak everything up like a sponge.

I do my best to motivate them to act in a more mature way and to make them look inwards, but it's indeed like instructing a kindergarten class.

That blog is amazing, I love it. The articles and the interpretations are spot on. It became one of my favorite site recently.

katydid

My chart is a BUCKET. The Handle of the bucket goes to JUPITER in Taurus in the 12th, conjunct the Asc, with 3 degree orb.

I do identify strongly with my Jupiter in the 12th as the focal planet. Jupiter aspects nearly every planet in my chart, is in a mutual reception with Venus, my chart ruler, and conjuncts the Ascendant.

I am a Scorpio with a Capricorn , 8th house Moon. But my Jupiter really comes through to others when I meet them. I seem more like a Sagittarius at first meeting because of the Jupiter influence. :sideways: Little do they know....:devil:

theV

My chart is a BUCKET. The Handle of the bucket goes to JUPITER in Taurus in the 12th, conjunct the Asc, with 3 degree orb.

I do identify strongly with my Jupiter in the 12th as the focal planet. Jupiter aspects nearly every planet in my chart, is in a mutual reception with Venus, my chart ruler, and conjuncts the Ascendant.

I am a Scorpio with a Capricorn , 8th house Moon. But my Jupiter really comes through to others when I meet them. I seem more like a Sagittarius at first meeting because of the Jupiter influence. :sideways: Little do they know....:devil:

I agree on Jupiter influence. Jupiter eclipses other personality traits with his jovial. I have Moon conjunct Jupiter trine ascendant and it does well hiding my fearful, worrying about everything Saturn in the 8th house.

theV

In the bucket pattern, nine planets are in one half of the chart, and the tenth is in the other, forming the handle of the bucket.
These subjects need to achieve.
The sign and house in which the handle of the bucket is placed is the area of achievement.
This star pattern relates to the zodiac sign Sagittarius.

Kitchy

Banned
Splash (or Splat?)

Jack of all Trades, Master of None

I have found in life that those with inner planets in Taurus and Virgo tend to help "show me the way" to mastery.

Attachments

• Kitchy.gif
    Kitchy.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

demetraceres

It seems I also have the Locomotive Pattern, but I didn't study it yet. Can someone help me - is the leading planet in this pattern the Sun or the Neptune?

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_ana.14820.19113.gif
    astro_w2at_01_ana.14820.19113.gif
    67.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
My chart is a locomotive one, for sure. But of the descriptions on that site, the splay chart experience of life sounds the most like mine.

It's not clear from the locomotive description whether the lead planet is the one in the first (if the signs are counted from Aries to Pisces) sign after the gap, or the last one before the gap. Depending on how that's defined, my lead planet is either Jupiter (if it's the first) or the moon (if it's the last).

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_osamenor.67874.8026ceres (2).jpg
    astro_2gw_01_osamenor.67874.8026ceres (2).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 39

duenderoja

Bundle, yes.

The Bundle Pattern – All 10 planets are bundled in 1/3 of the chart, leaving 2/3 open. A highly-focused, unifaceted individual, capable of great intensity and depth in one given area, often to the exclusion of all else is the norm. It has all the alienation of the bowl and even more, as it sees less time of strongly engaging transits and must make it all happen in a very brief, intense experience, like living in the high arctic with a very short growing season. These are relatively rare, and often reflect periods of civil desperation or isolation in general, a notable example being the middle years of WWII.

Last edited:

demetraceres

I didn't get the answer about the leading planet in the Locomotive Pattern. Is it because people don't know it or because it is not worth bothering?

If we are looking clockwise, the first planet should be at the beginning of the locomotive, so in the TheV case it should be the Sun (by my opinion), in my case also the Sun and in the Osamenor's case the Jupiter. To me, it is illogical to have the leading planet behind.

katydid

I didn't get the answer about the leading planet in the Locomotive Pattern. Is it because people don't know it or because it is not worth bothering?

If we are looking clockwise, the first planet should be at the beginning of the locomotive, so in the TheV case it should be the Sun (by my opinion), in my case also the Sun and in the Osamenor's case the Jupiter. To me, it is illogical to have the leading planet behind.

It is explained well below:

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/locomotive.html

That planet, known as the cutting planet, is the most important one in the horoscope.

And just like the case of the funnel chart, if you look up the interpretation of that planet by house, sign, and aspect, you will have the essence of the horoscope and the person.

The way to find the most important planet in the horoscope is to just point to the empty space, that empty one third of the circle.

Then, move your finger COUNTERCLOCKWISE until you reach a planet.

Mine is the bucket or fan type. With Jupiter in cancer in 11th as the handle planet.
I've thought it might relate to me being an artist and all the opportunities for exhibitions and being part of art things I've gotten though other people looking out for me, I'm really bad at arranging that for myself.
But maybe it relates to something more negative because the handle planet is badly aspected.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 28

CapAquaPis

The Splay Pattern – Three or more distinct points of the chart are occupied, with strong and sharp aggregations of planets irregularly spaced, leaving the rest empty. This indicates a purposeful individuality, which chooses its outlet of self-expression and refuses to be pigeon-holed. A life full of separated pockets of intensity and focus, sometimes seemingly unrelated. Experientially, it is the hunter-gatherer of the lot, where there are multiple productive feeding grounds, with travel between them. Many ports, many storms, it has a sometimes harsh quality about it.

My natal chart has the Sun/Moon in Aquarius - 8th, a triplicity stellium of Mars, Jupiter and Saturn in Virgo - 3rd, and Venus between Eris and Ceres in Aries - 10th. Yes, my life has a strong harsh quality, a dramatic and depressing one. TheV's 8th house personality describes me as well, except the Sun and Moon, not Saturn, are the most influential planets (the Moon rules my Cancer rising).

Kitchy

Banned
It is a splay.

I don't have a grand trine, though, unless it counts as my 3 Scorp/Cancer/Pisces water signs? I thought splay had to have a grand trine. Splash with planet distributed through 8 or more houses I thought.

Attachments

• Kitchy.gif
    Kitchy.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 32