Neptune transit

waratah

Hello
I have a Neptune transit (in 12th house) squaring natal Venus in 9th for what seems a very long time, Jan 2012, and for a total of 5 times.

Is there any difference in the qualities of say, No 1 transit to No 5 transit? Or in the direct or retrograde phase?Is there some sort of evolution or unfolding of Neptunes treasures/dissolution!

Some clarity please to a very confused emotional woman.

Attachments

• waratah1.jpg
    waratah1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 28

R4VEN

Hello
I have a Neptune transit (in 12th house) squaring natal Venus in 9th for what seems a very long time, Jan 2012, and for a total of 5 times.

Is there any difference in the qualities of say, No 1 transit to No 5 transit? Or in the direct or retrograde phase?Is there some sort of evolution or unfolding of Neptunes treasures/dissolution!

Yikes :w00t::w00t::w00t: Tr Neptune - and Chiron in tow - are sure giving you a hard time.

Firstly, you have an Grand Earth Trine (or two, if you consider Uranus to form a 2nd one) and this grants you practical/material abilities in your dealings in the world. Now, along come Neptune - with Chiron - and all that clarity and confidence are dashed. Firstly, I have to tell you that I have experienced Neptune through my 12th - and across the ASC - as well as opposing (which is not quite as diifficult as squaring) my Venus - and I am still here to tell the tale.

Firstly, when tr neptune opposed my Venus I had to face up to a `reality' about a clandestine relationship I had been engaged in. I had thought he was the answer to all my prayers, while in reality he was never that, and was never going to be. It took me until well after the transit was ended for me to clearly see this. When my son had tr Neptune squaring his (Scorpio) Venus a girl he was seeing conned him into getting her pregnant (basically against his will) and then further conned him about `loving' him, which he fell for hook, line & all the rest. He is still embroiled in the aftermath of this whole issue - around 6 years after she fell pregnant - but he is now a stronger, wiser, and more grounded individual than he ever was -and this is a plus IMO. Transiting Neptune tore him apart, but he was willing to put himself back together, and the results are worth the effort it took.

Now, your chart has indications that Neptune holds quite a lot of sway in your life. Natal Neptune opposes your Moon, squares your Saturn and widely squares your Mars. (I am also interested in how you handled i when tr Neptune was conjunct your natal Saturn - this would have been a kind of `preparation' to the long process you are now in.) And your ASC is also ruled by Neptune, so maybe this is the time in your life when some close encounters with neptune are required.

Firstly, tr Neptune through the 12th house, according to Howard Sasportas, from his book The Gods Of Change, says:
"...this transit can be very powerful, describing a period when we are more than usually sensitive not only to forces operating in our unconscious, but also to feelings and undercurrents in the atmosphere around us."
If you are used to your life being manageable and predictable then tr Neptune will change all that.

The square of Neptune to Venus - and especially a water-sign Venus - can be troublesome around what is true and what cannot be relied upon in the people with whom we have relationships. You may be attracted to those who play on any weaknesses and vulnerabilities which you have. In many ways, a transit of Neptune is all about exposing our weaknesses and vulnerabilities - which is why it feels so trying, and so, so confusing.

Now, as to the questions you have asked, each time you experience a direct `hit', you will have a kind of revelation, and with Neptune transiting the 12th the revelations are likley to be to do with things you would prefer had stayed hidden where you couldn't see them. A Rx transit is like a backhoe through your garden, as it dredges deeper than when in direct motion. With each progressive direct transit it gets easier, and the revelations are welcomed as you recognise that neptune is bringing benefits. Each successive transit brings further clarity - although don't expect to see this clearly until after the transit has passed.

Just to illustrate what I mean by this............... I found Neptune's transit across my Cap ASC particularly trying and physically weakening. As I searched through my ephemeris for clues as to when it would all be over, all I saw were the continual transits of Neptune across my ASC. I became very discouraged (something Neptune does), but after 6 months or so I had adapted to the changes I needed to make, and one day I was checking my ephemeris, and found that Neptune had long left my ASC, and I hadn't even noticed!! Neptune is slow and sometimes painful, but always confusing.

Neptune through your 12th will change you. It will change how you see yourself, as well as how others see you. This is inevitable. I recommend you purchase the book I mentioned above.
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781902405254/The-Gods-of-Change
I purchased it in 1997, when tr Neptune had just left my ASC, and I was able to see in retrospect what it was I had just been through. This book has helped save my sanity on many occasions. It covers the transits of Pluto, Neptune and Uranus.

Hello

Neptune square venus is classic *rose tinted glasses* and not seeing the whole truth until the transit has finished. This could be romance and/or finacial judgements impaired.

http://cafeastrology.com/neptunetransits.html

For timings of events, it's usually the retrograde hit that 'triggers' off matters....

Transits
I use--- 1° approaching, 1° exact and 1° departing. If you click on the link listed below for the online ephemeris it will list all planets at any given time. Learning astrology is like learning a new ‘language’ and obviously the more effort you put into something the more your knowledge and understanding will increase. All transits act as ‘background’ influences through a house, until it makes a mathematical aspect to a planet inside or an Angle.

For 'timings' I would look to the retrograde hit as the most important trigger, then look to see what the quicker planets are doing especially mars & mercury --

astro.com has fee six month transit forecast plus when you get into Extended chart selection, look at the three tabs after calculating a chart under ‘method’ default is circular wheels (on left), middle is special charts and in their you get graphic ephemeris 1yr (or 5years) with natal = transits for 1yr and lots more. BUT you first must learn or memorise the 'glyphs' ie: shorthand for recognising what these maps/graphics mean.

For example when you post or reply to a chart the 'smilies' to the right and just under them [more] if you click on there it will bring up a whole loads of 'glyphs' Mercury Uranus conjunction (+or - 8') trine aspect 120' Libra

http://cafeastrology.com/transits.html
http://cafeastrology.com/transits_2.html
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/transits18.0.htm
http://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_transits_e.htm
http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_transits_e.htm
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2009.pdf
http://www.khaldea.com/ephemcenter.shtml
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/astrology-glyphs.php
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookTransitsAndProgressions.htm

Now it's more important to focus on transits from Jupiter to Pluto (poss mars as this is the ignition key)and these planets when aspecting something in your natal chart 'set off' the difficult or nice 'aspects - potential - problems' that your chart expresses. By that I mean if a benefic planet like Jupiter hits/touches/transits your venus, mars or uranus these could be experienced very pleasantly. BUT if your natal venus is afflicted, or badly aspected say conj saturn then jupiter will not has such a good effect. It all depends on how the natal planet is 'aspected'

For me I would say external 'events' must be seen by transits, progressions or Solar arcs to Angles ie: Asc/Desc & MC/IC most other times these events are 'internal, psychological matters as in between the ears'

Now astro.com uses a much wider orb, possibly something like 5° or even 10° that’s why when you use the free transit forecast service a transit goes on for months and months. BUT common sense should tell you when the transit is ‘exact’ then it’s at the strongest. Some astrologers swear by 1° approaching produces ‘events’ some say the 1° exact, some say 1° off for triggering events. I personally look to the exact and 1° off for ‘timings’ especially the retrograde hit (backwards hit)

This last website link is rather nice because it gives interpretations of what the ‘Lord’ of the house cusp ruler means ie: T Jupiter sextiles natal sun, so wherever Leo rules in your chart is connected to the area this transit will be affecting –
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/

waratah

Hi

Thanks Raven and astrologer 50 for your time and very useful contributions.

The Neptune is really bringing up a whole load of old early childhood stuff which in true Neptunian style I am projecting on to my current relationship. I am conscious of the projections and instead of acting them out I am trying work through them with a partner who has enough awareness not to act in to my stuff. Grief, abandonnment, betrayal, paranoia and suspicion* are all part of the picture.

I was about 6 when Neptune conjuncted my Venus and at 4.5 years, 18 months before this my parents divorced, when we were living in France. My mother and I spent 6 months in UK and then my mother decided to take me back to Australia. This began 10 years of a yearly journey, flying long haul own my own as an unaccompanied minor, to visit my father. So backwards and forwards from Australia to Europe/Middle East for 6 weeks once a year. In 1975 we came to live in the UK with one year prior to this in the US.

Being emotionally porous, I have realised that I probably took on alot of feelings from the adults around me when I was a child. What did my mother feel when she knew my father was having an affair and later left to be with this woman? Probably all of the above *! My father would always be distraught, sobbing when he had to put me on a plane to go back to Australia. I think that he has suffered nervous breakdown in his life and we have been estranged now since 2000, the year my grandmother (his mother) died and left me one of her properties in France

When Neptune started to conjunct my Saturn in 2002, my partner and I were preparing to make a year trip to Australia in October 2002. We ended up staying 18 months. I have had some idealised vision of Australia but have more recently felt that it has lost some of this and can see the faults it has a society. We did major renovations to the house in order to make it rentable. My mother is now 88 and has been back in Australia since 1990 and has been pushing for me and David to come and live there so that I am there in her last years. I was the only child of a single mother, so the pressure both externally and internally is definitely on. I am not able to discern whether it is my decision to go or my mothers and I don't think I can. I don't know if I should be thinking about going at all!! But I feel I have been in a state of limbo for many years now and can't seem to get on with my life.

My partner is a first house Neptune Libra ASC (see chart) and we both have had a hard time making the decision whether to make the move to Australia. He came up with the idea of pretending we were going to Australia and preparing as if we were going in June 2011. I have periods of some sort of nameless dread regarding my relationship, feeling of separation (Saturn transiting 7th?) and feeling very weird and unreal. Thinking that he will at the last minute pull out and I will be left on my own to go to Australia. I am having difficulty in knowing if this is real or if this is the past emotions and feelings coming back to be resolved or dissolved?

With, as I said, Neptune going through my 12th, pisces rising trine Neptune natally,progressed Sun in pisces in 12th I am certainly sloshing around with lots of watery stuff.

I am doing Qi gong which helps with invisible energies and looks pretty weird amd wacky but definitely helps keep me from being washed away in my constant need to be responsive.

I have suffered from alot from trembling, weepiness, anxiety and panicky feelings which can often be debilatating, especially if it prevents me sleeping. This has diminished over the past couple of months.

I have read on an astrologers website, http://www.mollysastrology.com/blog/neptune-square-venus-and-the-thursday-13, that it is good to make an altar/give something to do to the planet/god that is giving difficulty. If you have any more ideas for ways to keep Neptune occupied constructively for the next 18 months any suggestions would be appreciated.

I seem to have opened the flood gates!

Attachments

• astro_dt.jpg
    astro_dt.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 17

Claire19

If you can post your natal chart with the transits and progressions.
You dont have a natal connection with Venus and Neptune so the effects wont be life changing or very strong......

Just as a general comment the 12th and the 9th houses along with Neptune deal with issues of faith, religion and philosophies.....ethics and universal justice and truth. You may spend money on these subjects and I would suggest travel abroad or taking courses not recommended at this time. Confusion and deception likely to be an issue but as I say, not a strong strong influence.

R4VEN

You dont have a natal connection with Venus and Neptune so the effects wont be life changing or very strong......
This is not so in my observation. The experience is likely to be stronger/more life-changing with a natal aspect between the two, but this does not negate the possibility of it being a powerful transit.

My son's whole life turned in a completely different direction during his Neptune square to Venus - with no natal connection - and thankfully he developed a thicker skin and a suspicious nature, which his Scorpio Venus in the 12th needed to express.

I also have no natal Venus-Neptune aspect, and yet Neptune's opposition to my Venus was also life-changing for me, although it took a while for the message to `get through' to me. Prior to this transit I had experienced a very neptunian attitude to love, and that just had to go! It was during the opposition that my previous views were challenged.

Having said all that, waratah's experience may be more about Neptune's transit of the 12th than it is about the square to Venus, especially given she is re-visiting so much early life stuff. With Chiron also in the 12th house in transit, she is being prepared for her Chiron return - I feel that this is the main purpose of her current experiences.

waratah

Thank you R4ven and Claire19.

Attached my chart with transits and progressions.

I think that as I have strong Neptune/ 12th house influences in my chart that Neptune transits would surely be felt more keenly or maybe I am just more tuned in to them? And the fact that Venus in Scorpio (Mars ruled venus) is only aspected by Mars in Leo (a singleton in fire) surely might make her more sensitive to transits especially as she is in scorpio.

Also I would be interested in your views on the significance of the degree of a planet in a sign? My venus is at the end of Scorpio so what does that signify to be at the end of the scorpio cycle? I also discovered the other day in a obsessive scorpio way, that venus went retrograde at 27deg 6min scorpio on 24 Oct 1962, 2 months or so before I was born. So I was born just after venus passed back over the degree of her station retrograde. Interesting that venus is doing the same thing at the moment. What would this signify if anything?

Waratah

Attachments

• waratah prog tr.jpg
    waratah prog tr.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 18