Venus

Sweet Venus

I have been learning astrology for a time now. I know I have Venus in Libra. Can someone tell me if it is good in the first house? It is in the first house. Hope that it's an ok question. :)

pwadm

Staff member
Of course is good, a planet in its own sign is always good, especially in the 1st house where it has plenty of space for manifesting its good nature. It's totally "sweet". And, oh yes, I have Venus in Libra too - nice to meet you pal!

Sweet Venus

Radu said:
Of course is good, a planet in its own sign is always good, especially in the 1st house where it has plenty of space for manifesting its good nature. It's totally "sweet". And, oh yes, I have Venus in Libra too - nice to meet you pal!

Hi, so how would you interpret Venus in Libra in 1st house then? I always thought in the 7th house is its natural home, so the 1st must not be so good?
Nice to meet you too.:)

pwadm

Staff member
Let's say a very kind and affectionate nature, looking for harmony in life and self expression, great looks and stylish dressing.

Sweet Venus

What house is your Venus in?

As far as looks and dressing go, I am pretty average. But affection is something I can identify with, though do feel alone quite a lot... which seems to be the exact opposite of what Venus in Libra implies... don't you think?

That's why I thought 1st house is not a good place for it.

pwadm

Staff member
It always depends on the rest of the chart.

For instance if your rising sign is Virgo, the situation changes concerning looks/dressing.

Or if Venus is badly aspected, you'll still be the same kind person, but in a different environment and you will adapt your personality to those external influencing factors. Look for Saturn or Pluto for instance.

Affectionate persons can still be lonely at a certain time if they aren't with the right person to express their romantic side with. The Moon has also lots to do with emotions and intimacy. Venus in Libra says however you will eventually attract true love... :) unless some really other nasty elements are present in the natal chart.

My Venus is in the 10th/11th house (close to the 11th cusp).

tsquare

Venus in the first IME seems to have an innocent and forward sensuality, o even an agreeable or likeable way of comunicating, presenting theirself..usually found quite attractive...many are just plain physically attractive. But there is usually some innocence that that people find attractive...I like to call it apparent innocence.(laugh)
I refuse to like them for that reason alone..just to anger the universe.(joke)
Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Fergie, the singer, I believe, has Venus in the first aries...maybe that would be a chart you would find interesting being it's an opposing sign with aries there...
I like to try to find those types of charts to see how they bring something forth...how it is manifested, and try to see how the difference may be since I have the opposing sign there.....yet the same planet....I'm talking in circles today and lately, sorry. Or maybe I just can't read my own writing.

planets near the asc. (if it is conj.) are very important planets in a natal...so the planet should be a large part of your self expression...or beingness.....personality wise you will bring that planet forth along with the asc as your..mask...what people often call their self.

I have also read that being venus is in the asc. others across the way...7thHouse will view one in that way or see that....that is how they will view you....as venusian....I don't totally agree or disagree with this, I'm not sure...they jury is out and they like to take their time, eat donuts drink coffee, etc.

nejispirit

Sweet Venus said:
I have been learning astrology for a time now. I know I have Venus in Libra. Can someone tell me if it is good in the first house? It is in the first house. Hope that it's an ok question. :)

I actually have never known a Venus in Libra, but I know it's better to have that placement than to be in detriment, Aries or Scorpio.

My friend has a Venus in the 1st, in Aquarius, and I believe her first house Venus makes her wear her heart on her sleeve, so to speak- she has horrid luck when it comes to dating guys, but when it comes to showing affection to her friends and love ones, she feels so hurt when it is not reciprocated in the same way.

I would think with a Venus in the 1st you would be very obviously affectionate and loving with someone, is that true for you?

Sweet Venus

Radu said:
It always depends on the rest of the chart.

For instance if your rising sign is Virgo, the situation changes concerning looks/dressing.

Or if Venus is badly aspected, you'll still be the same kind person, but in a different environment and you will adapt your personality to those external influencing factors. Look for Saturn or Pluto for instance.

Affectionate persons can still be lonely at a certain time if they aren't with the right person to express their romantic side with. The Moon has also lots to do with emotions and intimacy. Venus in Libra says however you will eventually attract true love... :) unless some really other nasty elements are present in the natal chart.

My Venus is in the 10th/11th house (close to the 11th cusp).

What kind of nasty elements?

I would love to believe what you said about Venus and true love, but I think that it is lost. I think that it is not possible, even false love. Can you really equate love with Venus in Libra? I am not wholely convinced. Wish it was so.:)

Sweet Venus

nejispirit said:
I actually have never known a Venus in Libra, but I know it's better to have that placement than to be in detriment, Aries or Scorpio.

My friend has a Venus in the 1st, in Aquarius, and I believe her first house Venus makes her wear her heart on her sleeve, so to speak- she has horrid luck when it comes to dating guys, but when it comes to showing affection to her friends and love ones, she feels so hurt when it is not reciprocated in the same way.

I would think with a Venus in the 1st you would be very obviously affectionate and loving with someone, is that true for you?

Heart on sleeve, affectionate and loving, but alas unloved.:)

pwadm

Staff member
I don't equate love with Venus in Libra. But these persons have a well defined perception (and appreciation) of love and romance in a pure form, so they are likely to go look for it. They wouldn't agree on an union not based on true feelings and would not pursue any further a relationship where love/affections ceased to exist.

Sweet Venus

tsquare said:
Venus i

I have also read that being venus is in the asc. others across the way...7thHouse will view one in that way or see that....that is how they will view you....as venusian....I don't totally agree or disagree with this, I'm not sure...they jury is out and they like to take their time, eat donuts drink coffee, etc.

So what you are saying here is that Venus is in opposition to the 7th house...?

That is an interesting idea, how would you interpret it?

Sweet Venus

Radu said:
I don't equate love with Venus in Libra. But these persons have a well defined perception (and appreciation) of love and romance in a pure form, so they are likely to go look for it. They wouldn't agree on an union not based on true feelings and would not pursue any further a relationship where love/affections ceased to exist.

I agree with that Radu.

But maybe this is too much to ask for...? Don't you think?

Or is it possible for Venus in Libra? Can they make it happen? What is your experience?:)

nejispirit

Sweet Venus said:
Heart on sleeve, affectionate and loving, but alas unloved.:)

I would think that would be an incredibly hard placement, Venus in the 1st, how has it effected you in your life do you think?

Sweet Venus

nejispirit said:
I would think that would be an incredibly hard placement, Venus in the 1st, how has it effected you in your life do you think?

How should it be hard?

I think it is meant to be good. But maybe requires me to be the one to give the love... I don't know.

pwadm

Staff member
My experience says that each time I was ready to "unleash my Venus" and specifically and intensely asked the Universe for that, I got it.

Basically you should be able too, to invoke the Venusian vibes to manifest in your life: meditations, prayers, visualizations, music, talismans etc.

Venus in Libra should generally be lucky in love.

Transits or progressions involving Venus/7th house will provide the windows of opportunity you need.

Sweet Venus

Radu said:
My experience says that each time I was ready to "unleash my Venus" and specifically and intensely asked the Universe for that, I got it.

Basically you should be able too, to invoke the Venusian vibes to manifest in your life: meditations, prayers, visualizations, music, talismans etc.

Venus in Libra should generally be lucky in love.

Transits or progressions involving Venus/7th house will provide the windows of opportunity you need.

Radu thank you so much for those words. That has given me some hope. I believe that we share something special in that placement in common. I also wish you love and happiness.:)

nejispirit

Sweet Venus said:
How should it be hard?

I think it is meant to be good. But maybe requires me to be the one to give the love... I don't know.

Well, I'm not saying it's not meant to be good or bad, I was just curious to see how it is effecting *you*; I would think it might be hard to deal with because if you are so obviously out there with your "heart on your sleeve" so to speak, it would make you more susceptible with getting your heart broken and what not.

Would you think it would make you more susceptible? Heh, sorry, I can be a bit of a dark one with my Venus conj Lilith aspect, in the 8th house.

Anyway, with Libra- hmm... Venus in Libra, well when I think of Libra I think of balance, justice, and of course beauty- Venus is a planet of Libra, so... I'm not sure if it is exalted or not, can someone clarify that for me?

tsquare

So what you are saying here is that Venus is in opposition to the 7th house...?

That is an interesting idea, how would you interpret it?

No, I'm saying the 1st House is in opposition to the 7thHouse...sorry I'm having trouble saying what I want lately...

With venus as the ruler of libra...so to speak, and in opposition to what I see as it's natural house there may be something to it...but many libra ascendants are successful....even with every sign in it's opposing house...so ti speak.(laugh) I'm still not sure just how much the signs=the houses..aries for first etc. But I always thought it intersting that all interpretaions for the houses looked much like the representation for the signs that are usually there if you start out with aries on the ASC.

In your case venus is opposite the seventh house but it is also in it's proper sign...even if I like it better in Taurus....I personally think venus suits taurus better while venus does well in libra...libra is diplomatic, airy, views multiple sides, judgemental, but not as sensual.....and the seventh seems to be a house of friends, associates in a way....or the romantic partner is very commonly found to have the sun in ones seventh house in synastry....
I do not always know what to make of the 1stH 7thH axis....but venus does from my expereince work very well in libra and in the seventh house....it grounds the air element in my opinion....it seems all the earth type planets work very well in the air signs...I think it has this effect....a grounding....making the air more practical..or in the case of venus, more possessive..I see venus as a possessive planet with similar troubles that jupiter has with excess just in a different way....
venus aspected hard can indicate too much in a way....a venus person with hard aspects to it can be a little over the top in sensuality and things of the flesh.

Hard aspects may be a jupiter square for example....although even the trine is said in Vedic Astroto be detrimental, or whatever...negative...I didn't pay too much atention there, I should have, I have the trine.

Talking about love and venus I have read venus in cancer is love often...but once again, looked into it little...it's funny how the aspects I have I ignore...maybe I really don't want to know that much about myself..(laugh)..who knows.

Venus in libra will not tolerate insincerity in love I believe...but there may be compromise in love.....maybe...thats for the venus in libra to say.

I have it in cancer, another cardinal sign, square libra.
I almost refuse to compromise in Love as well, so it is odd that square signs with different actions, can be so similar....It has to be love or no other in a way...or at least thats there, I'd have to fight it to have it any other way and have...with venus so sensual and since I see it as more earthy in water things get murky in a way.....things can get heavy, lots of sympathy in love...in air I can only imagine it to be more loose, but with compromise....maybe a willingness to make sacrafices for one another...stick togheter....maybe you stick to yourself in a way, you may compromise....Im sure by house venus in Libra is differnet....in the first I sometimes wonder....
Charts with libra on the asc always perplex me...I don't know what to think of the house sign layout....it makes for an interesting person I havn't figured out.

I'm not exactly a pro, I don't know everything.(laugh) and just looking at a planet in a sign in a house is still to vague to really tell...as Radu mentioned, and he's smarter then me, there are other aspects that would effect venus if aspected, then their house placements etc etc etc that are going to effect your venus and how it manifests.....o what influences ou to bring forth whatever it is you bring forth.....

You mentioned that it maybe is you that has to give the love...I though that intersting if it is how you naturally are and didn't just read it somewhere...because aries is a doer, from self outward seems to be the action.... and I think it intersting that in the first maybe venus acts as a doer, and there is some I there but not entierly selfish sounding.....so maybe thats the Libra....the great compromiser...aries will not compromise, or at least does not like to.....libra will.....so to see those two things over one another in a way still baffles me.....but I could be taking a very wrong aproach....I'm slow in developing theories sometimes....I want the observations to make the theories...it takes a while to make ones own observations...havn't seen enough charts or personalities to say....
I don't know...

Asrotheme has a way to check planets in houses I believe then it goves a list of celbrities and personalities....if you find one that you have had a natural interest in before, that can be fun to look over their similar placement of venus by sign and house and it gives one a change to see how the rest of the planets and their placements effected how venus came about for them....but I would check to see if the birthtime is correct, even if listed in astrotheme........a certain nitpicky virgo some time ago mentioned astrothemes ability to make up birth times, and while I don't know much about that, I still like to check...

Sweet Venus

tsquare thank you for that extensive response, you have really given me some food for thought, especially as to your own placement of Venus in Cancer.

I am intrigued by the thought of a similarity of Venus in the 1st with Venus in Aries.

However, I am of the thought that the sign is definitely the MODE of expression and that the placement of the planet shows where it is done... Always a little tricky with that one.

For examply Jupiter placed in Sagittarius in the 3rd. That is a similar kind of counterintuitive placement. Jupiter is still dignified, isn't he? But he will be writing down his thoughts and philosophies because it is 3rd house... right?

In 1st house Venus is acting on the appearance, and on how you affect people and what they might see in you, also what you give out to the world. I agree with Radu on that one. Venus in Libra in the 1st is not like Aries at all, but must in a way expose that love that they feel up front, though it is up front-Libra if you get my drift.

Put it this way: try and explain what Mars in Aries in the 7th would be like... (an agressive partner, agressive people in your life... but you of course would be signified by the 1st house and not that mars in 7th):)