Is it odd to have a chart that has no retrograde planets?

waybread

For what it's worth, Tiger Woods--an elite athlete-- has a retrograde Mars.

Albert Einstein had no retrograde planets.

chiamaria

Unfortunately I have quite a few retrograde planets, but recently I saw a chart that had not one retrograde planet and the only thing retrograde was chiron.

Does this mean there is more prosperity for this person?

I heard a statistic somewhere where only 8% of charts have no retrograde planets, so it's definitely an exception rather than the rule.

Direct planets have nothing to do with prosperity. Rather, your aspects and planetary placements describe how you will go about dealing with events in your life. You could have a great life but may be a drama queen and make your life more difficult than it needs to be or vice versa. There is also no stopping a soul from reincarnating into a life of hardship but having a chart with no retrograde planets. I had a friend who had no retrograde planets in her chart, but her life had a lot of setbacks and difficulties and she had a dad who was mentally ill before passing during her saturn return.

david starling

I heard a statistic somewhere where only 8% of charts have no retrograde planets, so it's definitely an exception rather than the rule.

Direct planets have nothing to do with prosperity. Rather, your aspects and planetary placements describe how you will go about dealing with events in your life. You could have a great life but may be a drama queen and make your life more difficult than it needs to be or vice versa. There is also no stopping a soul from reincarnating into a life of hardship but having a chart with no retrograde planets. I had a friend who had no retrograde planets in her chart, but her life had a lot of setbacks and difficulties and she had a dad who was mentally ill before passing during her saturn return.

Possibly, all direct could cause one not to "Look before you leap"?

Whereas, a lot of retrograde could go against the "He who hesitates is lost." adage?

hdylanw

Unfortunately I have quite a few retrograde planets, but recently I saw a chart that had not one retrograde planet and the only thing retrograde was chiron.

Does this mean there is more prosperity for this person?
I would like to support the other persons’ comment regarding this question. I have no retrograde planets in my chart. I am thus far very unsuccessful & unmotivated in life. Hopefully that is just temporary as I’m still young and going through the motions like the rest of us.

In Vedic astrology, retrograde planets indicate a heavier karma related to the theme of the planet, house it resides in, and the sign as well as nakshatra. I believe the basic concepts apply to retrograde planets in Tropical astrology as well, but less depth than I know of.

Having outer planets in retrograde is a commonality compared to inner planets like Mars, and Venus. It’s less common to have all direct planets in the chart so I guess we are the “minority”.

However, having all planets in direct motion does not guarantee success. Not in the slightest. I am a pure example of that. Retrograde means backwards motion and a need for introspection.

Claire19

Does this mean there is more prosperity for this perSON
I have no retrograde planets and prosperity belongs to the finance houses of 2nd and 8th. Chiron is not a planet.

waybread

hdylanw, all kinds of chart and life factors can contribute to a lack of motivation. I don't think retrograde or direct motion-- let alone karma-- have much to do with it.

Two of the most difficult cases I know of involve attention deficit disorder (ADD, ADHD) where people just cannot make themselves do something; or once started, they cannot make themselves finish it.

JUPITERASC

1IxJ.gif
47a45cbf4fcb1b37b37e283fe11e238b.gif

Alparslan

I have no retrograde planets but I am highly introspective and not oriented into outer world. My movement is blocked, I am often sick in bed and I don't have outer succes in my life. I also have no bad aspect except one - neptune square moon.
So why do I have difficult life? My "meleficient" planets are exalted and they are in the psychic houses 8th and 12th. My chart ruler Saturn in Libra conjuncts Pluto in the 8th house of heritage. That in my case means I work deep on the inherited difficult **** from my ancestors. My Mars in Capricorn is in the 12th so my energy is turned inward. And my moon is intercepted in the first house, I had difficult birth trauma I need to resolve.
Having no planets retrograde and almost none difficult aspect is only one element of the chart, you need to analyse whole chart.

waybread

Welcome to the forum, Alparslan.

I'm sorry that you are not well.

But please keep in mind:

1. Happiness is a choice.

2. Every planet, sign, and house has multiple interpretations that are consistent with its core meanings. You have a choice of empowering or disempowering interpretations. I recommend empowering interpretations.

Saturn conjuncts Pluto periodically. I have two family members with this configuration, born in 1947 and 1983. In my experience, they can become deeply unhappy on occasion; but my daughter's Saturn-Pluto is well aspected, so a foul mood is not a perpetual state.

Both Saturn in Libra and Mars in Capricorn are exalted.

I think planets in intercepted signs have real meaning; but you might try a different house system. The equal house and whole signs house systems have houses that are always 30-degrees, so no interceptions. An interception will sometimes disappear in different quadrant house systems, as well, depending.

3. I've not heard of the 8th as the house of "heritage." The 4th house rules one's parents (traditionally the father) and ancestors. The 8th house rules inheritances of money or property from wills and bequests.

I'm not trying to criticize you, Alparslan, just to show you that you don't have to be so fatalistic about your chart. It can have a brighter message, if you let it.