Random political thoughts

AppLeo

Is there an argument to be made against homosexuals having a lower life expectancy as a group, more sexual transmitted diseases and being more prone to mental illness? There were no opinions in anyone of those links I posted. Or if facts hurt feelings they must be disregarded?

In at least one sense of the word, it makes them degenerate.

Maybe most homosexuals are degenerate, but those are all statistics and that is just stereotyping. Not all gay people are degenerates. I don't have STD's, a mental illness, and probably will live a natural long life. Gay men may be more prone to mental illness, but that's probably because they are the minority.

TBH, I haven't looked at them yet because believe it or not, I'm actuall trying to sleep (I have to be up in 4 hours) but I will in the morning and I'll formulate my argument then. Although I will say this: calling people "degenerates" is NOT the way to talk about mental illness, having STDs doesn't make one a "degenerate" either.

You and AppLeo are a lot more alike than you think.

They are only degenerates if they use other people's tax money to sustain their irresponsible lifestyle.

conspiracy theorist

I know what it means, but it isn't the appropriate way to talk about these things.
To me, it's sort of like using 'retard' as way to describe people with Down's syndrome.
The term has a certain connotation to it.
In any case, good night

I have a close relative with Autism so believe me when I tell you I know about "evocative" language.

craft94

Gay men may be more prone to mental illness, but that's probably because they are the minority..

Exactly! If you're constantly being told what a degenerate you are (by your parents, the kids at school, society as a whole etc.) them of course you're going to develop psychological problems.

conspiracy theorist

I know what it means, but it isn't the appropriate way to talk about these things.
To me, it's sort of like using 'retard' as way to describe people with Down's syndrome.
The term has a certain connotation to it.
In any case, good night

I have a close relative with Autism so believe me when I tell you I know about "evocative" language.

I know some would find the way I speak a bit too "harsh" but w/e. I use racial slurs all the time and insult people for kicks irl sometimes so I'm used to it.

conspiracy theorist

Maybe most homosexuals are degenerate, but those are all statistics and that is just stereotyping. Not all gay people are degenerates. I don't have STD's, a mental illness, and probably will live a natural long life. Gay men may be more prone to mental illness, but that's probably because they are the minority.

Hence why I said not all gays are degenerate (but many of them are). Do you people not read what is actually posted?

AppLeo

Hence why I said not all gays are degenerate (but many of them are).

Well you blatantly state:
In at least one sense of the word, it makes them degenerate.

Maybe you should specify that not ALL gay people are degenerate.

--------

Do you people not read what is actually posted?

God, I don't have time to read all that... Did you watch my video on the furry asking Milo on libertarianism? Do you actually care to watch that? I don't think you would.

I don't care if gay people are mentally ill or have STD's more than any other group. Big deal most of them are "degenerate." Pointing out that a group of people are degenerate, to me, sounds like you dislike those people on a personal level and want to create a fight.

Some statistics say that blacks commit more crimes than any other group. Okay great, but there are blacks that don't commit crimes at all. But I'm not going to just say, "At least in one sense of the word, it makes them criminals." Thank you captain obvious and generalist. :w00t:

conspiracy theorist

Some statistics say that blacks commit more crimes than any other group. Okay great, but there are blacks that don't commit crimes at all. But I'm not going to just say, "At least in one sense of the word, it makes them criminals." Thank you captain obvious and generalist. :w00t:

I'm a "black" who hasn't committed any crimes. That wouldn't change the fact that blacks commit more crimes (to use your example)

But everything in Appleo's world is simple and easy all the while living under his parents roof. Stay classy m8

AppLeo

constitution-emails-390x386.jpg

Last edited:

craft94

I'm a "black" who hasn't committed any crimes. That wouldn't change the fact that blacks commit more crimes (to use your example)

But everything in Appleo's world is simple and easy all the while living under his parents roof. Stay classy m8

Why is it okay for you to personally attack AppLeo?
I initially thought you disliked him for his views, but your views aren't all that different
It seems to me you dislike him because he's gay and therefore an easy target.

About the use of the word 'degenerate': usually when homophobic people use the term, they use it in a way that's analogous to 'immoral.' When I say STD's don't make a person a degenerate, what I mean is it doesn't make a person immoral, like many conservative people seem to think (it's a punishment for sleeping around, that kind of thing).
While technically speaking, some gay people might be what you refer to as 'degenerates,' (and I agree that words aren't the worse things) I see no reason to use such a loaded term unless you're trying to offend.
And calling AppLeo a degenerate is totally uncalled for.

AppLeo

I initially thought you disliked him for his views, but your views aren't all that different

About the use of the word 'degenerate': usually when homophobic people use the term, they use it in a way that's analogous to 'immoral.' When I say STD's don't make a person a degenerate, what I mean is it doesn't make a person immoral, like many conservative people seem to think (it's a punishment for sleeping around, that kind of thing).
While technically speaking, some gay people might be what you refer to as 'degenerates,' (and I agree that words aren't the worse things) I see no reason to use such a loaded term unless you're trying to offend.

I completely agree.

conspiracy theorist

These are some fair points.

[Deleted attacking comment and offensive language - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

david starling

Just for the humor, since I don't believe it's true, in "Apple's" case, instead of "degenerate", "rotten to the core" would work better! :lol:

Osamenor

Staff member
All, I have deleted a number of posts because they were off topic and several were inappropriate. This is the chat forum, and there is more free rein here than in the astrology sections, but still, personal attacks and personal questions of a sexual nature are not allowed.

I also want to remind you all to keep the discussion of homosexuality respectful. That's a slippery slope, easy to cross the line and seriously offend someone, as the above discussion shows. If what you have to say on that subject could be deemed offensive by anyone, and you know it could, don't say it. I will be watching this thread closely.

Back on track,
Osamenor

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I use racial slurs all the time and insult people for kicks irl sometimes so I'm used to it.

But please not in this forum! We have rules against that for a reason.

The racial slurs is one of the reasons why I edited a recent post of yours in this thread. You weren't calling anyone a racial slur, but using those words in the kind of example you gave is starting down the slippery slope of racial slurs in the forum. As a moderator, I don't want to see the thread degenerate (verb, not noun!) into a war of slurs, racial or otherwise. Say what you want irl, but let's not go there here.