Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

waybread

Blackbery, please identify the poll that you cited saying that 70% of Americans don't think Black Lives Matter has improved race relations. I'd like to follow up by reading it. Most polls show that a majority of Americans actually support the larger aims of Black Lives Matter: as it says in the Pledge of Allegiance, "with liberty and justice for all."

I get that you feel deeply emotional about what is going on in the US today. Maybe we all should.

I just want to point out that the recent spate of Black Lives Matter protests occurred during the present Trump administration. They happened under Trump's watch.

There's no evidence that Trump knows how to do anything to improve ethnic tensions in the country except to teargas peaceful demonstrators exercising their First Amendment rights so that he could have a photo-op showing him holding up a Bible. Not that he is a practicing Christian.

He has threatened to send in the army to troubled cities, apparently not realizing that the states' National Guards are the ones who get called in an emergency.

There is a danger in making one bad episode or one small group of people stand in for larger events and movements that they actually do not adequately represent.

(fallacy of over-generalization.)

Most people who believe that Black Lives Matter are non-violent.

We've been over the Defund the Police slogan a few times by now. Just to repeat myself: it does not mean to abolish the police. It's about a more effective allocation of resources, not no resources for the police.

You are absolutely mistaken about Duckworth and her "dead traitors" line.

She wasn't talking about the presidents memorialized on Mount Rushmore. She was talking about Trump's speech at Mount Rushmore, which emphasized his concern to memorialize Confederate generals.

I've always thought that the Confederate generals were traitors to the Union. The states' rights that they wanted to uphold included slavery.

The Confederate monuments and school namings, &c were largely set up in the late 1800s/early 1990s by the Daughters of the Confederacy to honor Confederate war dead. And not coincidentally, to bolster their own status as white women.

Last edited:

waybread

Blackbery, Donald Trump is not a strong leader, for all kinds of reasons that I can enumerate if you care to read them.

If you want to vote for a strong leader, that's fine, but it wouldn't be Donald Trump.

It is important to distinguish between true effective leadership and a bombastic personality.

waybread

Blackbery,

We've been over this before. Will the real Black Lives Matter please stand up? There is an "official" group by that name. I looked at their website. They claim a kind of organizational authority that they really don't have. The movement is far bigger and much more diffuse. Their genie is out of the bottle.

So some of its members are self-described Marxists? It's a free country. They can call themselves what they like. So can you. These people are not in the corridors of power, incidentally.

I recall the campus foment of the late 1960s/1970s when it was popular for socially-concerned students and activists to call themselves Marxists. Nothing came of it then and I don't think anything will come of it now.

Your apparent fear of Marxism so reminds me of the McCarthy era and McCarthyism. Are you familiar with this period of America's history?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

It seems to me that gun violence in the US is a huge problem, and in ways that the authors of the Second Amendment never intended.

Maybe reduction of gun violence is a cause we can all get behind.

Blackbery, am I correct that you are very afraid?

blackbery

That's your opinion and you're wrong. I trust Trump over the weak-willed Biden any day who hasn't spoken out against the violence in BLM.

He'll be influenced by the crazy Cortez who thinks the recent spike in gun violence in NY is due to people shoplifting to get bread for their children.:sick:

Complete madness and we need law and order, not crazy politicians guiding the country at this crucial time.

ALL OPINIONS MATTER.
Not just yours.

Blackbery, Donald Trump is not a strong leader, for all kinds of reasons that I can enumerate if you care to read them.

If you want to vote for a strong leader, that's fine, but it wouldn't be Donald Trump.

It is important to distinguish between true effective leadership and a bombastic personality.

blackbery

READ MY POST, I am referring to the speech he made. The people he mentioned are the people on the list from Washington to Lincoln to Mark Twain.
NO CONFEDRATE was mentioned in the speech. Here it is for you to listen and learn from.

Tammy Duckworth made a comment about the president talking about DEAD TRAITORS? Who was she referring to from that long list?
If she can't name anyone, it's because there is NO DEAD TRAITOR to accuse.

Duckworth, who continuously dodged the interviewer’s question about whether it is okay to pull down George Washington statues, also criticized the location of the Independence Day speech.

“Remember that the President at Mount Rushmore was standing on ground that was stolen from Native Americans who had actually been given that land during a treaty,” she said.

Tweets from Duckworth’s account show that her position on the historical significance of Mount Rushmore has changed. On July 4, 2015, the senator tweeted a photo of herself and others in festive and patriotic costumes.

“All dressd up as historic figures.I just coverd myself in Stars&Stripes. Next year I’m going as Mt.Rushmore!” she wrote.

A full list of the people mentioned in the speech was published on Twitter by one of President Trump’s campaign staffers. In the tweet, he calls for Duckworth to clarify her statement about “dead traitors.”

“This a list of the men and women President @realDonaldTrump talked about in his speech at Mount Rushmore,” Giancarlo Sopo wrote. “Senator, please do tell the nation, who among them do you consider a ‘dead traitor’?”

A majority of Americans believe the Black Lives Matter movement has not improved race relations, according to a new poll from Monmouth University, with 38 percent of respondents saying BLM has hurt racial issues in America, compared to 26 percent who say the movement has helped.

The poll’s findings, released Wednesday, compared results from June 2020 to a similar poll conducted by Monmouth in 2016. While 71 percent of respondents agreed that Black Lives Matter has “brought attention to real racial disparities in American society” — a double-digit increase from 2016 —70 percent of respondents think that the movement has not improved race relations, with 38 percent saying Black Lives Matter has made race relations worse.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...lives-matter-has-not-improved-race-relations/

You are absolutely mistaken about Duckworth and her "dead traitors" line.

She wasn't talking about the presidents memorialized on Mount Rushmore. She was talking about Trump's speech at Mount Rushmore, which emphasized his concern to memorialize Confederate generals.

I've always thought that the Confederate generals were traitors to the Union. The states' rights that they wanted to uphold included slavery.

The Confederate monuments and school namings, &c were largely set up in the late 1800s/early 1990s by the Daughters of the Confederacy to honor Confederate war dead. And not coincidentally, to bolster their own status as white women.

Last edited:

blackbery

Not for myself, I'm well taken care of and will never have to worry about anyone gunning me down.

I worry about the direction that the country is heading; that it's going to a very dark place where there is no tolerance, no freedom of speech, no common sense and no safety for the inner-city black populations. I worry that the Democratic leaders have all but submitted to the mob mentality.
BLM is a sinister, terrorist organization with an agenda too radical for you to even contemplate. It's not this innocent group that the world believes it to be.

The violent mob broke down a large metal fence in a gated community chanting that 'pigs have to die' and acting violently. A white couple called the police but no police came. They've been ordered to 'let the peaceful protesters be'. They didn't want their home burned & stood on their front door with a gun to intimidate the BLM mob to back away. Instead, the mob threatened to kill the couple and their dog. They might have if they had not shown that they were willing to 'stand their ground' and protect their home and their lives.

The protesters who went on to burn, loot and kill are all free, no arrests, no conviction. Instead, the couple had the police come and remove their legal firearms and they will likely be charged with a hate crime. These are innocent people who supported BLM and peaceful protests. The man is an attorney who defends many poor, black people. But he and his wife are the criminals.
This is how insane the country is becoming. An angry mob can smash private property and you cannot even defend yourself anymore for they are the victim and you are the oppressor.

“I really thought it was storming the Bastille,” said McCloskey, who like his wife Patricia is a lawyer. “I was terrified that we’d be murdered within seconds. Our house would be burned down, our pets would be killed.”

https://youtu.be/r1pX06jV0xQ

Blackbery, am I correct that you are very afraid?

Last edited:

blackbery

Not for much longer. The couple that are going to be charged for protecting their home have received millions of supportive emails all over the world with many citizens in the U.S. wanting to replace the firearms that the police were forced to remove. The world is coming to terms with who they really are and how radical and violent they are. Additionally, their attitude towards Israel is extremely racist.

The victims stated they were on their property when they heard a loud commotion coming from the street," police said. "When the victims went to investigate the commotion, they observed a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with 'No Trespassing' and 'Private Street' signs."

Police said the McCloskeys told the group that they were on private property and needed to leave.

"The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims. When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police," the statement read.

Soon after the incident, Kimberly Gardner, the city’s chief prosecutor, said she was alarmed by the videos and that her office was investigating a possible infringement of people’s right to peacefully protest, saying in a statement that “intimidation or threat of deadly force will not be tolerated.”

Peaceful protests???

https://youtu.be/Q9n3n-kuQkc

Most people who believe that Black Lives Matter are non-violent.

Last edited:

Dirius

So that's minimally 7 refusals on your part to educate yourself on racism, despite my generous offer of linked articles to get you started.

Which by now is ridiculous.

But don't worry, I'm happy to give you another chance to explain your reasons.

With respect, Dirius, you don't know enough about American current events, stats, and cultural history to have such an explanation at a meaningful level. Consequently, you've devised a little game in lieu of meaningful discussion.

Hello waybread - I see you have again, deflected the question.

I'm beginning to believe you are perhaps unable to answer?

But don't worry! I'm happy to give you another chance!

Why was my post "racist" waybread ?

david starling

Most U.S. Americans, including myself, are basically insular, and insulated from other countries. So, when someone from another country claims to know more about our country and how we should run it than we do, it comes across as intrusive and insulting.

Dirius

Please read, with an open mind, Drucker's responses. NPR is very trustworthy. https://www.npr.org/2020/04/30/8483...me-a-tax-break-bonanza-for-the-rich-explained

And here is another good one:

https://itep.org/updated-estimates-...nefits-the-rich-no-matter-how-you-look-at-it/

You are free to conclude for yourself, but I am not sure one can conclude in more ways than one. Keep in mind the class of social circles Trump and his children move in, and that is the class that most benefits from one of the "promises trump fulfilled"

That is inscidental. If the economic measures taken by Trump are making the economy better, every business will benefits. Besides it is not illegal.

And out of all people, I don't think Appleo (the one who brought it up) is going to complain about tax cuts ...

I think the implication was that somehow Trump profited from his position as president in an ilegal manner, like Joe Biden did when he was vice-president.

There is no evidence Trump has accepted bribes or benefits of the sort. There is strong evidence that Joe Biden, through his son, received lavish gifts in exchange for U.S. foreing policy.

In al fairness, from all the allegations against Trump, the tax-cuts is one of the silliest. It is one universal measures which benefited the entire economy. Anyone can own stock from a company, and the tax cuts would directly benefit each stockholder.

david starling

It's entirely possible that right-wing agent-provocateurs who are posing as members of the BLM movement are doing the shootings. What better way to discredit BLM?

david starling

Right-wingers are politicizing deaths. Like bragging about how the red States have less deaths from the pandemic that blue States. Shedding crocodile tears over every death that occurs due to the BML social upheaval, but none for the victims of police brutality, or rampaging drivers plowing into demonstrations blocking the streets. The right-wing sentiment is, "block the streets and you lose your right to live".

aquarius7000

Calm down and STOP SCREAMING AT OTHERS

SCREAMING does not make your opinion matter any more than any body else's, nor does it make it right.

The TOPIC is BLM and are they a MARXIST organization?Can you stay on topic and you owe me an apology for calling ME racist.

BLM have taken a legitimate concern (police reform) and turned it into a revolution to create more division and more carnage in the black community. BLUE LIVES MATTER had a dueling rally with BLM and it almost descended into gun fight. This is the goal of BLM; they think THEIR violence is justified and have NO sympathy for the 26 innocent people killed, mostly black people.

Among those killed are a retired police captain, a beloved owner of a barbecue restaurant, and a former star football player known as “Mr. Indianapolis.”

Italia Kelly, 22, was shot and killed June 1 in Davenport, Iowa, as she was leaving a protest outside a Walmart.Kelly and a friend were getting in a vehicle to leave because a protest had turned unruly when she was struck in the back by a bullet, said her aunt.

Javar Harrell, a 21-year-old man, was killed in downtown Detroit on June 5 after someone fired shots into a vehicle during a protest.

BLM cannot name ONE black person killed because they don't care.

The only care about their REVOLUTION to destroy the U.S.A.

https://youtu.be/bRCwe7J_4YE

Lord Jamar: I Don't Support Black Lives Matter, It's Not Our Movement

https://youtu.be/MT-x0-I1ohc

blackbery

We must realize that black people are a much greater threat to other black people than the Ku Klux Klan or the White Citizens’ Councils. The number of blacks gunned down in the streets by other blacks parallels our memories of the many blacks lynched in communities across the United States after Reconstruction. This is a devastating plague acutely affecting black communities across the country.

The killings continue even as the country faces a coronavirus pandemic that prompted the governor to place the state on a stay-at-home lockdown. No one is to go out unless it is for essentials such as groceries and prescription medications. The killings don’t stop. Again it is mostly black victims.

And while some people don’t want to admit it, the aggressive law enforcement tactics that some declare overbearing have worked in reducing crime.

When former Mayor Shelia Dixon and Police Chief Frederick H. Bealefeld III got tough on “bad guys with guns,” homicides in Baltimore went down. It is likely that most of those detained were black. In these three reductions in homicides, the people who benefited most also were African Americans who lost fewer sons, daughters, fathers and mothers to senseless street violence. More black people lived.

Homicide is a ‘devastating plague’ on black communities, and it is time we stop ignoring it

The attitude toward bad guys with guns is not the same for David and Way Bread living in their safe, white cities. It's far different for black people in these violent neighborhoods, where people fear for their lives everyday.
Many African American communities are under siege by black gun-toting terrorists. Children cannot play in their yards and the elderly can no longer sit on their porches. At a recent town hall, a young black woman could not understand why her brother’s killer had still remained free on the street awaiting trial for a previous gun violation. Many of the people accused of murder in the city frequently have existing gun violations. This is a cycle that must be broken.

It's entirely possible that right-wing agent-provocateurs who are posing as members of the BLM movement are doing the shootings. What better way to discredit BLM?

Last edited:

david starling

Blackbery, have any arrests been made? Any video evidence. Or just your biased assumptions?

Thanks for allowing others to have their own opinions!

Btw, why not shut down the drug gangs by decriminalizing the drugs they sell, the way ending the prohibition on alcohol shut down the violence then?

Those drive-bys have killed thousands of innocent bystanders, including children, and there's nothing that can be done to stop them except to decriminalize and regulate the drugs they sell. I did give Trump credit for having this opinion before he was elected. But he won't now, because he'd rather get re-elected than save lives.