Tips on surviving hard Pluto transits

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge on how to reduce the influence of Pluto during a difficult Pluto transit to help make it less destructive. I've heard there are mantras one can say which vedic astrology believes in, but I haven't been able to find anything online. I know Lyn Koiner has some tips which I've been reading. Are there any affirmations one can say or other spiritual practices? I have a series of hard pluto transits coming up beginning with Pluto square my MC and it doesn't help I have Pluto opposite my MC natally.

Would be grateful for your suggestions.

Thanks

Somna7H

Banned
Pluto is not counted in Vedic Astrology.
Currently tPluto Opposite my natal Mercury. I just become a Obsessed Thinker. But it's only inside my nothing will happen or come out from my mind and become reality(doesn't matter good or bad).

ElenaJ

For starters, don't fear these transits. You are having them because they will help to transform your energy. Relax, do yoga. And try to harvest the positive.

Starsareround

For me, hard Pluto transits have marked times in my life where in retrospect, I made the wrong choices. Choices that had an impact on the following years. Somehow, you want something very badly and It feels like its coming from the very core of your being. It's not. TPLuto square Sun, I became involved in a relationship that turned out to be bad news. TPuto opposite Mars, I moved abroad which basically messed up my stability for years to come. Not horrible terrible things, but looking back I can recognize that I was too hasty and willful and I worked against my own best interest.

waybread

Depending on the transit, Pluto tends to be ruthless. It's no use hanging onto an old mode of existence thinking you can out-tough it (as indicated by the affected planet,) because Pluto will either reduce it to rubble or give you a hollow victory.

The good news. Help the transit along. Think of some constructive, positive changes you'd like to make in the area ruled by the affected axis.

When Pluto squares Pluto, it tests your ability to change. What house will Pluto be in? With your MC and IC involved, you may wish to rethink your career goals and home situation. If you own your home, for example, think about renovations. If you share an apartment or live at home, clean your space from top to bottom, discarding anything that no longer supports you.

If you have Pluto conjunct your IC opp MC natally, you already know a lot about your home-career issues.

BTW, you should be really good at depth psychology.

Pluto says, "Out with the old!" so that new growth and a new you can take place.

waybread

For me, hard Pluto transits have marked times in my life where in retrospect, I made the wrong choices. Choices that had an impact on the following years. Somehow, you want something very badly and It feels like its coming from the very core of your being. It's not. TPLuto square Sun, I became involved in a relationship that turned out to be bad news. TPuto opposite Mars, I moved abroad which basically messed up my stability for years to come. Not horrible terrible things, but looking back I can recognize that I was too hasty and willful and I worked against my own best interest.

I think this is, indeed, classic Pluto!

I've been involved in some real doozies, as well.

But I wonder. Maybe Pluto says we're not meant to stay inside the cellophane packaging of life. We're not meant to be Ken and Barbie dolls. Maybe we're meant to act on those obsessions sometimes, in order to be fully, completely human.

I've been meaning to read more of the ancient Greek tragedies. I think they came close to how Pluto operates in our lives. People make mistakes. Bad ones. But then they learn from their mistakes, or they stay true to the principles that up-ended their lives, regardless, because deep-down, they feel those principles are correct. (I'm thinking of Prometheus Bound, here.) The gods aren't fair. Life isn't fair. But we know that if we don't act upon what seems right for us at the time, something inside of us would die.

I actually got into astrology during the kind of obsessive time you mention (Pluto square sun.) My life was falling apart on the inside. I got into astrology--which I knew nothing about-- because I dimly understood it could say something about me as an individual, not just as a generic human being. I was employed in a university academic department at the time, and my colleagues would have been horrified if they knew of my interest in astrology. But I felt that I absolutely had to learn it-- secretly, if necessary.

Anyway, here I am. Was this a good or bad choice?

Sweet Pea

Sapphire - here's my question to you. I looked back at your threads to see if your chart was there and found that you don't reply to the very generous souls who have given you long and thoughtful answers before, and also on this thread.

Why not?

Pluto will not square your MC-IC until 2020 as it only goes to 23.9 Capricorn next year.

Perhaps when it does, you'll learn something about the Aries-Libra axis and especially the Libra end since this is where your natal Pluto is, which must be taken into account in all Pluto transits: about reciprocity, give-and-take, fairness and equality, not tipping the see-saw all one way (yours) but letting it balance nicely in the middle, karma (your universal debit and credit account), courtesy and politeness, etc. If your Aries end over-expresses itself in 'me' forms of selfcentredness (backed up by Leo Ascendant), someone Libran will speak up and urge you to rein back and consider the other view; then the see-saw will balance in the middle. Neither must the Libran people-pleaser side (backed up by Sun) be allowed to take over completely. Pluto lessons are all about avoiding the extremes, after first experiencing them.

It's not possible to lessen the destructive aspect of Pluto by saying nice words unless those mantras are genuinely backed up by self-searching and self-adjustment. Pluto has a clear aim which is to destroy within us what doesn't serve our evolutionary growth: why would you want to lessen that action of his? Evolutionary growth will lead you and those around you to a better life than if you stagnated where you are.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

Waybread - it was a very good choice. You're right up there amongst the most helpful, informative and encouraging astrologers on this and other forums. THANK YOU for many years of putting yourself out for others.

Starsareround

waybread

Pluto transits and Greek tragedies. Isn't it just so?

"there are many strange things on earth, but nothing stranger than man"
(paraphrase Antigone)

It is absolutely arresting and reviving to feel the intense pull of hard Pluto transits. Going off to read Friedrich Holderlin's translation of Antigone to reacquaint myself with the passions (and the very plutopian theme of previously unearthed subplots)

Thanks for the reminder!

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
I was thinking if Pluto is so tragic then what will be my tragic story in next upcoming years.

tPluto Square to Saturn and Eros passed.
Now tPluto Opposite Mercury.
Then tPluto Square Mars.
Then tPluto Square Pluto.
Then tPluto Square Vertex.
Then tPluto Opposite Sun.
Then tPluto Square Jupiter.

Destruction of ME already started.
Just waiting for the End.
All Transit will be completed before the end of 2025.

Last edited:

waybread

Waybread - it was a very good choice. You're right up there amongst the most helpful, informative and encouraging astrologers on this and other forums. THANK YOU for many years of putting yourself out for others.

Thanks so much. You made my day!! :love:

Pluto can wreck one's status quo. But if we keep the faith, maybe destroying the old life makes way for a new life that is better and truer for us, no matter how hard won.

waybread

Starsareround, thank you for the reminder to read those Greek tragedies.

I think the message is that life isn't fair. But we sometimes have to do seemingly self-destructive things in order to be absolutely true to ourselves.

unique_astrology

I have a busy natal Pluto (see attachment). How will I survive the coming conjunctions of transit Saturn and Pluto to my natal Moon?

Attachments

• RN aspects in RA.gif
    RN aspects in RA.gif
    45.2 KB · Views: 39
Thank you everyone for your feedback. Pluto will be transiting my 6th house when it squares my MC then later on my sun. My sun is in the 4th house and I have a stellium of planets in that house that Pluto will all eventually square (mercury, uranus, venus and mars). I am very worried about these squares and as a result have been suffering regular nightmares. I know all about the harshness and intensity of Pluto having been very ill when Pluto conjunct my Neptune in the 5th many years ago, and I'm still dealing with what happened back then emotionally. The fact that Pluto is in my 6th house is horrible as it's the house of health and I don't think I have the emotional strength to deal with any more health battles. So I'm finding it hard to look forward to the future.

I've had a lot of issues with the home over the years and it's been a struggle to feel settled, work has been tough too. I've been trying to do a lot of research to see how I can make Pluto less challenging when those square hit, from foods and supplements to crystal healing. To me Pluto feels like this big bad monster waiting to jump out like in a horror film so I'm determined to do what I can to turn the negative into positive because I want to enjoy this life.

waybread

Sapphire12 and Unique_Astrology,

Is there another way to look at this? Pluto transits make me think of a saying I heard back when I did one of the old human potential workshops.

"Would you give up everything you are now, in order to be everything you could become?"

Another statement from astrologer Steven Forrest:

"No planet is in the sky just to hurt us."

If you were to think of how you'd like to transform those areas of your life to be hit by Pluto, what transformations would you make? What steps could you take, in keeping with the affected sign, house, and planet/s?

And no, I'm not trying to paste a happy-smiley face on Pluto.

I'll give you an example, from my life.

Pluto has been rolling back and forth over my natal Jupiter, in Capricorn in the 4th house of "home." For some of it, I also had a double whammy, of transiting Jupiter squaring natal Pluto in Leo. Transformation here we come.

My husband and I have undertaken major home renovations. (4th house=home. The etymology of "renovation" is "to make new again." Which is very much like the separating side of a Pluto transit. A bunch of our main floor got demolished (destructive phase.) We're now in a phase where the renos are mostly completed, but we'll have to wait more weeks on a particular contractor. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, which deals with structures.)

We have a split-level house on a steep slope, so the downstairs is not completely basement-like on the lover level. But we have been living down there while the main floor was getting new flooring, a new kitchen, &c. Very Plutonian, as Pluto was the Roman god of the underworld.

Having the house ripped up, with a lot of our belongings in boxes, plus a seemingly open-ended outflow of money to pay for everything, has been extremely stressful. But I am happy with the results to date, for the most part.

So by planet/angle, sign and house, what could you do in keeping with the nature of the transit? Foods, supplements, and crystals are a start, but I would really recommend that you look at your horoscope more particularly, and then undertake projects specific to the targeted areas of your chart.

Pluto seems especially to test our courage. What can you do to strengthen your sun and Mars?

In the meantime, I highly recommend Steven Forrest, The Book of Pluto.

Last edited:

unique_astrology

Sapphire12 and Unique_Astrology,

"Would you give up everything you are now, in order to be everything you could become?".

At the age of 78 I won't have much to give up and if I changed my mind I might not have enough time to get it back.

They are going to get natal Venus too!

Saturn for endurance, Pluto for breaking records. Let me think about that. I will have to look at my chart to see when they will happen.

Sweet Pea

Sapphire - do you realise how slowly Pluto moves? Only about 2 degrees per year. You'll get the square to your Sun in about 5 years' time .... the square to Mercury-Uranus in 2032 by which time Pluto will be moving into your 7th house .... and the square to your Mars-Venus in about 2037.

You can use this site to put in any future date and scroll down to see where all the planets are:

https://serennu.com/astrology/ephemeris.php

From now until all these well spaced-out transits, you have a lot of time to worry if you let your mind go down those dark tracks!

Having Pluto in your 3rd house and Mercury in Scorpio, you can all too easily latch onto the most dire prediction as to how Pluto is going to manifest for any specific transit and then you're sending out those dark vibes to the universe.

Mercury-Uranus can be very prone to worry - I suggest you look up any kind of meditation/relaxation technique, use it often, and focus just on what's happening in your life right now, rather than putting your mind into what "might" happen in those distant future time periods. I recommend reading Eckhart Tolle's books or listening to his youtube videos. He is very soothing and will help you to live 'in the Now'.

All Pluto does, is take something to an extreme. That's it. He adds willfulness and determination to "something". Sometimes we go overboard with it, and then we learn not to go to those extremes again (a classic lesson for Librans anyway). He can make things break down, when they are ready to be replaced anyway. With a 3rd house influence, he can make the mind super-focused like a laser on one specific thing: and that's the danger, that we need to choose carefully what that thing is.

You just "survived" your Pluto square Pluto transit and hey, you're still alive! :biggrin::biggrin: This transit may have encouraged your mind to go into overdrive - with compulsive research, with following dark trails, with feeding dark forebodings. This transit is moving on now and you can let the darkness go.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice @sweet pea and to @waybread for your insights.I'll check out Tolle's work. I'm trying to do more mediatation to help me but I think the ultimate source of my worry is hearing what other people have had to say about Pluto squares and also even what has happened to people in the public eye under these squares (especially sun square) and when Pluto went into the 6th house. Pluto will be squaring my sun in 2022 but thI fact that it will be squaring my mc in 2020, feels just way too soon. I feel so unprepared and I don't think I can handle it rocking my foundations when emotional I'm quite a fragile person. And I'm aware one feels Pluto more strongly if you have the natal placement and I have it opposing my mc natally. I guess a saving grace that I do have is Pluto sextiling my venus from next year into 2020. Do you think this could help take the edge off the mc square? Though I don't have any Pluto and venus natal placement.

Also, has anyone ever listened to binaural beats of pluto's frequency? If so has this been of comfort or help? I've listened to some Pluto htz sounds on YouTube which have helped me get off to sleep.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

The opposition from your Pluto to MC is 7 degrees wide - not close enough to make a really big deal when the Pluto square IC-MC transit happens.

Yes, you'll have the sextile aspect of Pluto to your Venus from next year which will give you a little taster of its effect. Pluto is the 'dispositor' of your Venus anyway, since you have Venus in Scorpio. However your Venus already is/behaves, she may become a little more like that. If you don't already have a relationship at the time, then there's a good chance that one will come along. :happy:

Whenever any transit happens, numerous other transits and progressions will be happening at the same time, especially as the outer planets move so slowly and take a year or two to finish their general effect which by the way is NOT intense all the time, just in certain months of the overall transit because of the planets' tendencies to move forward, then retrograde, then move forwards again. Each of the minor planet transits also happening will amend what Pluto is doing to you. This is why it's practically impossible to forecast anything specific in advance for what might happen.

However, since some keywords for Pluto are: decisive, determined, direct, focussed, self-assertive.... I feel sure that whatever comes along in your life will be handled with confidence, bearing in mind also what I wrote higher up about the need to find a balance in the middle of whatever event/relationship is being impacted. If you act weakly during a Pluto transit, other people may play out the Pluto side and you'll find yourself needing to get stronger.

I can tell you from having had the Pluto square Sun transit (followed also immediately by progressed Sun square Pluto!) myself, that you'll be a stronger person by the end of it. You'll know what you want going forward and you won't let anybody mess you about.

No, I never knew there were specific binaural beats for Pluto. Now that your Pluto-Pluto transit is over, wouldn't it be better to avoid any beats that might resonate with the Pluto vibe, and (maybe) find some Venus beats? Or Neptune beats for your Neptune-Neptune transit (very creative, lovely when there is 5th house involvement).

Last edited: