what type of career should I pursue?

Metaphysica

I have an urgent need to get back to work and generate an income.
Have experience working in offices, but that doesn't appeal to me. Some issues with authority and I don't like to feel confined.
I'm competent and articulate, but have no idea what to do.
...getting anxious.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• astro_natal_chart.jpg
    astro_natal_chart.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 34

Metaphysica

Re: No vocational stickies?

FF, this isn't a sticky, but basically I would recommend this protocol:
...If someone has the sun in an intercepted sign, Neptune in the first house squaring the MC, or other indicators of difficulties in developing a clear sense of identity, these people may feel they will never find a fulfilling career.

My sun 25aqu58 in my 2nd house & 8th house moon 4Leo3 are in intercepted signs.
I also have Neptune 0Cap49 conjunct Jupiter 5Cap21 in my first house, Sag Asc

Absolutely relate to the quote above.
Absolutely need to keep a roof over my 2 yr old's head.

any thoughts or advice???

waybread

Re: No vocational stickies?

Well, stop smoking, for one thing (looking at your photo.)

Sorry to be judgemental, but an acquaintance of ours, a lifelong smoker, just came down with whooping cough and it's affecting him horribly. (Yes, people's immunizations to it wear off.)

If you aren't going to find the "real you" such that one career fits you like hand-in-glove, think about what looks like a reasonably OK life. What can you do that you're good at and would enjoy doing, even if it isn't a career so bright and shiny you'd need sunglasses just to look at it? It's fine to have the good-enough job.

You will see strengths else where in your chart. What are your best-aspected or strongest planets? Any planets in the signs they rule? What planet rules the sign on the cusp of your MC and how is it situated?

Metaphysica

QUOTE[Well, stop smoking, for one thing (looking at your photo.)

Sorry to be judgemental, but an acquaintance of ours, a lifelong smoker, just came down with whooping cough and it's affecting him horribly. (Yes, people's immunizations to it wear off.)

If you aren't going to find the "real you" such that one career fits you like hand-in-glove, think about what looks like a reasonably OK life. What can you do that you're good at and would enjoy doing, even if it isn't a career so bright and shiny you'd need sunglasses just to look at it? It's fine to have the good-enough job.

You will see strengths else where in your chart. What are your best-aspected or strongest planets? Any planets in the signs they rule? What planet rules the sign on the cusp of your MC and how is it situated?]

I have quit smoking, since that picture was taken. The electronic cigarette helped a lot with that. Still have that around though..
I will look into those suggestions of yours. Thank you :smile:

Metaphysica

Libra MC, 3rd house Sun, Pluto in 10th, Venus in 2nd.

I think office work could suit you again.

I'm good at office work, but it is not something I want to do, being stuck in a box all day doing boring shtuff*** for other people.
I have to care about what I do for me to want to do it.
I can do many things, I just have a hard time deciding, and taking action. It's a negative subconscious pattern, my avoidance of things and ambivalence.

RaRohini

Hi !

I recast your chart in Vedic format and a cursory look points to this::
Sun in Aquarius Dhanishta in the 4th house compels you to stand out from the crowd, be different, there is an urge to shock, especially in the home front. There is an urge to rebel against convention at home. This is bolstered by mars and Saturn in Libra Vishaka ( branching out, the shocker) in the 12th house. So you may be the hidden shocker(does that make aanyy sense 😃)?
Ancestral wealth may be indicated Jupiter in Mula in the 2nd. After 2017, entering Venus Dasha and it is in U.Ashada(Capricorn) in the 3rd. These natives taste real success in the later part of life after 38 yrs . Great at forming clubs and societies and getting people together. Asc Ketu in Scorpio meaning you may have to let go of scorpionic tendencies and embrace the Taurus in you.. partnerships may do you good.
Hope this helps! Do as your spirit wills .
God bless.