Should I pursue writing?

astrobunny

Or at least, does my chart show any inclination for it? I'm specifically wondering about creative writing, and also wondering if my chart shows any chance for success (monetary gain or fame) in regards to it.

Attachments

• my_chart.jpg
    my_chart.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 38

AJ Astrology

Or at least, does my chart show any inclination for it? I'm specifically wondering about creative writing, and also wondering if my chart shows any chance for success (monetary gain or fame) in regards to it.

Hi astrobunny,

You have a Libra Venus/Mercury just like many writers do (among them Michael Crichton and Stephen King), plus you have an angular Sun.

astrobunny

Hi astrobunny,

You have a Libra Venus/Mercury just like many writers do (among them Michael Crichton and Stephen King), plus you have an angular Sun.

Thank you for your input. I had no idea Libra Venus/Mercury was something lots of writers had. Nor the bit about angular Suns. Would any Sun in the 1, 4, 7, and 9 houses be considered angular? Or do they need to be within a certain orb of the big angles?

astrobunny

Would you stop writing if we did? If we told you you did, would you quit your job immediately without even a manuscript ready to send out? I'm really curious.

Disclaimer: I'm a Libra moon. Indecision is my middle name.

I don't know if I would stop. I do know I won't quit my job. Most likely, if there are positive indicators, I will allocate my resources and free time to spend more time writing creatively. I have had short stories published in the past, so this is not out of left field.

AJ Astrology

Thank you for your input. I had no idea Libra Venus/Mercury was something lots of writers had. Nor the bit about angular Suns. Would any Sun in the 1, 4, 7, and 9 houses be considered angular? Or do they need to be within a certain orb of the big angles?

The angular houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th. Your Sun is in H7. No orb is necessary. Angular houses represent power and the ability to act or perform. You'll find that many famous people have an angular Sun or Moon or their chart ruler or Asc ruler or MC ruler is angular. Not having angular planets doesn't mean you can't be famous, but it does mean you have to try harder.

graay ghost

Disclaimer: I'm a Libra moon. Indecision is my middle name.

I don't know if I would stop. I do know I won't quit my job. Most likely, if there are positive indicators, I will allocate my resources and free time to spend more time writing creatively. I have had short stories published in the past, so this is not out of left field.

Writing is a "do or do not" thing. If we're talking about publishing, there can be significant luck involved, but the biggest predictor of writing success isn't astrological but whether you're already writing.

astrobunny

Writing is a "do or do not" thing. If we're talking about publishing, there can be significant luck involved, but the biggest predictor of writing success isn't astrological but whether you're already writing.
Okay.

The angular houses are the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th. Your Sun is in H7. No orb is necessary. Angular houses represent power and the ability to act or perform. You'll find that many famous people have an angular Sun or Moon or their chart ruler or Asc ruler or MC ruler is angular. Not having angular planets doesn't mean you can't be famous, but it does mean you have to try harder.
That's interesting. Thank you for telling me.

Oddity

Your moon/Mercury conjunction suggests ability. And Mars, your second house ruler is in 5, and sees the second house by square. But it's depressed. That could mean a bit of money from entertaining people. It doesn't look like a lot, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Do it if you want to do it. But self-publish. That isn't a chart thing, it's that writers don't get a fair shake from publishers unless they're already famous, and these days self-publishing is a viable option, plus you might make a few dollars from it.

theV

Yes, I think you would be successful in teaching/writing/publishing. The Sun is in Virgo, Mercury ruled. Mercury in Libra conjunct Moon gives a great memory, imagination, and ability to tell stories. Mars in the Fifth house in Cancer is energetic creative abilities channeled in writing (Moon conjunct Mercury). Node in the Axis of Publishing/communication and writing the 9th/3rd.

Your Mercury falls in fixed star: Zaniah

With Mercury: Musical or artistic ability, gain through writing short stories, popular, social success, many friends especially among opposite sex.

Sun intercepted with Mars/Saturn gives you the discipline, control and motivation to work hard on yourself and goals.

I see you interested in writing about mystery, crimes, passion/erotic, horror and fantasy.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
hi astrobunny

I agree that writing would be a good avenue as mercury is conjunct to the moon.
lilith is conjunct your node and Jupiter is conjunct the node so you will likely have good luck with having your works published.
rahu

astrobunny

Your moon/Mercury conjunction suggests ability. And Mars, your second house ruler is in 5, and sees the second house by square. But it's depressed. That could mean a bit of money from entertaining people. It doesn't look like a lot, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Do it if you want to do it. But self-publish. That isn't a chart thing, it's that writers don't get a fair shake from publishers unless they're already famous, and these days self-publishing is a viable option, plus you might make a few dollars from it.
Thank you for your commentary. I'll make sure to check out publishing options.

Yes, I think you would be successful in teaching/writing/publishing. The Sun is in Virgo, Mercury ruled. Mercury in Libra conjunct Moon gives a great memory, imagination, and ability to tell stories. Mars in the Fifth house in Cancer is energetic creative abilities channeled in writing (Moon conjunct Mercury). Node in the Axis of Publishing/communication and writing the 9th/3rd.

Your Mercury falls in fixed star: Zaniah

With Mercury: Musical or artistic ability, gain through writing short stories, popular, social success, many friends especially among opposite sex.

Sun intercepted with Mars/Saturn gives you the discipline, control and motivation to work hard on yourself and goals.

I see you interested in writing about mystery, crimes, passion/erotic, horror and fantasy.
Thank you for your input. I did not realize my node was in the axis of publishing/communication/writing nor anything about the fixed star Zaniah.

I'm actually very interested in passion/erotic, horror and fantasy genres. Do you notice that based on the placement of my Venus or something else?

hi astrobunny

I agree that writing would be a good avenue as mercury is conjunct to the moon.
lilith is conjunct your node and Jupiter is conjunct the node so you will likely have good luck with having your works published.
rahu
Thank you rahu. I did not realize Lilith on the node could influence luck.

rahu

Banned
Thank you for your commentary. I'll make sure to check out publishing options.

Thank you for your input. I did not realize my node was in the axis of publishing/communication/writing nor anything about the fixed star Zaniah.

I'm actually very interested in passion/erotic, horror and fantasy genres. Do you notice that based on the placement of my Venus or something else?

Thank you rahu. I did not realize Lilith on the node could influence luck.

actually it is Jupiter conjunct the node that brings the favorable publishing aspect. the node to Lilith show that you can draw from you deepest intuitive feelings and express them precisely through the mercury /moon conjunction .this could show that you can express archetypal concepts that many will respond to.

rahu

astrobunny

actually it is Jupiter conjunct the node that brings the favorable publishing aspect. the node to Lilith show that you can draw from you deepest intuitive feelings and express them precisely through the mercury /moon conjunction .this could show that you can express archetypal concepts that many will respond to.

rahu

Oh okay! That makes sense. Thank you.