Will I go back to practicing law?

scorpika

Hello dear horarists,

I'm licensed as a lawyer but I opted out of the profession several years ago to pursue other paths. My intention has always been to get back to the practice at some point.

I'm Libra ASC represented by Venus in Gemini in the 8th House. I'm unsure as to what signifies the legal profession/career, so either the 9th House or the MC/10H.

The Moon is in the 1st House, indicating that the focus of the question is myself. SN and Mars are also in the 1st, conjunct both the Moon and the ASC, which, I suppose, does not bode well.

Is the answer a negative one?

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_81_back_to_law_hr.44580.57353.jpg
    astro_2gw_81_back_to_law_hr.44580.57353.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 24

Vista

Hello there!

I am feeling this chart is either not valid or nothing will come of the situation. It could also mean you have made up your mind about the situation so the horary chart is not relevant or you have asked before. Does any of what I said resonate?

Moon is in the 1st house however it make no more aspects before it leaves Libra making it void of course. It's also Via Combusta(Moon between 18 degrees Libra and 18 degrees Scorpio) which is very detrimental to the querent. Moon separated from Mars recently suggesting maybe this entire situation is prompted by a recent break up as Mars rules the 7th house of relationships. Saturn in 1st house is pointing to an invalid chart as well as the VOC Moon. BTW, North is in your 1st not the SN.

Hello dear horarists,

I'm licensed as a lawyer but I opted out of the profession several years ago to pursue other paths. My intention has always been to get back to the practice at some point.

I'm Libra ASC represented by Venus in Gemini in the 8th House. I'm unsure as to what signifies the legal profession/career, so either the 9th House or the MC/10H.

The Moon is in the 1st House, indicating that the focus of the question is myself. SN and Mars are also in the 1st, conjunct both the Moon and the ASC, which, I suppose, does not bode well.

Is the answer a negative one?

Thanks for reading.

tikana

aint happening

moon is leaving merc l10
Venus and Merc are apart

moon in 1st usually means wobbling or changing one's mind

scorpika

Hello there!

I am feeling this chart is either not valid or nothing will come of the situation. It could also mean you have made up your mind about the situation so the horary chart is not relevant or you have asked before. Does any of what I said resonate?

Moon is in the 1st house however it make no more aspects before it leaves Libra making it void of course. It's also Via Combusta(Moon between 18 degrees Libra and 18 degrees Scorpio) which is very detrimental to the querent. Moon separated from Mars recently suggesting maybe this entire situation is prompted by a recent break up as Mars rules the 7th house of relationships. Saturn in 1st house is pointing to an invalid chart as well as the VOC Moon. BTW, North is in your 1st not the SN.

Hi Vista,

Thank you for your time and analysis.

I have never asked that question before as I've always been too afraid to ask. Moon in Via Combusta may point to my state of mind, not thinking clearly because of many worries at the moment. The separation from Mars could refer to the fact that I'm intent on leaving a business partnership, not a romantic one, and that has definitely prompted me to ask myself what to do next. Thanks for correcting me about the Nodes, I always get them mixed up. :p

Overall, the chart then may not be valid and/or the question is to be answered in the negative.

tikana

wait i think i got planets messed up DUH!

so

Venus is you - it is peregrine
but moon rules your 10th house it is in 1st BUT
venus is in your 8th house - mental burnout?

another thing that points to a no actually three things.
1. Mars is in 1st house . there is nnode it is good but I dont like mars sitting in your 1st
2. moon is via combusta - again points to you are mentally burned out.
3. Jupiter does sit in your 10th house - which is a good thing but it is not good for you

nope.. not liking this ..

scorpika

Thanks for taking another look, Tikana.

I confirm that I'm mentally burned out over 8th house matters.

Too bad Jupiter can't help me :sad:

wait i think i got planets messed up DUH!

so

Venus is you - it is peregrine
but moon rules your 10th house it is in 1st BUT
venus is in your 8th house - mental burnout?

another thing that points to a no actually three things.
1. Mars is in 1st house . there is nnode it is good but I dont like mars sitting in your 1st
2. moon is via combusta - again points to you are mentally burned out.
3. Jupiter does sit in your 10th house - which is a good thing but it is not good for you

nope.. not liking this ..

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello there!

Moon is in the 1st house however it make no more aspects before it leaves Libra making it void of course. .

Not to change the conclusion but only to just to clarify here, I believe Moon squares Jupiter before leaving Libra, so perhaps not void of course?

Last edited:

scorpika

Not to change the conclusion but only to just to clarify here, I believe Moon squares Jupiter before leaving Libra, so perhaps not void of course?

I checked the aspect grid at the bottom of the chart and there's an applying square between Moon and Jupiter.

rafaella

I don't think its a bad thing, but you may have some difficulty in doing so. Mars on ASC points to frustration and emotional upset, I'm not sure why. This is also indicated by Moon in Via Combusta, Moon is not weak, but shows emotional turbulence. Perhaps you have mixed emotions about practicing law? You've had bad experience in the past, maybe and this causes fear - Venus in 8th, anguish. But Venus is at the cusp of 9th, just...Venus is essentially dignified by term, not the strongest, but its something.

Angular Moon translates between Mercury and Jupiter, Jupiter right at MC is very positive. Both Mercury and Jupiter are well dignified. 10th house ruler in 1st is a positive indication showing opportunities will be there for you. NN at ASC and Spica at ASC showing this could happen. Jupiter is almuten of 10th.

The problem is even thought indications are good for you to do it, I'm not sure you will like it. Moon is entering its fall in the next sign and Venus is applying to malefic Mars, 7th ruler. Perhaps its some sort of partnership?

10th cusp is changing signs, its right on the very last degree and minute and both Moon/Jupiter are in late degree - this points to a change, maybe a change in profession, I'd say. Perhaps its the law, it could be. I'd say, Spica on ASC generally protects, it doesn't mean everything will work out, but it does mean even if things don't work out, you will be ok and looked after.

I'd say do what you think is best for you, even bad experience can be very insightful. I don't think that it means you won't succeed, but perhaps it more likely that you heart is not really in it. You can of course correct me on this, but that's what I get from this chart.

all the best!

Culpeper

Premium Member
This chart does not look good for the question, but it does look like a valid chart. Your significator is Venus which is in the 8th house. In horary, planets in the 8th are very inactive: They do not do anything pertaining to the question. The querent will not do anything either. The Moon is VOC in its fall and via combusta and between Saturn and Mars. Sorry but the answer to the question is NO.

scorpika

I don't think its a bad thing, but you may have some difficulty in doing so. Mars on ASC points to frustration and emotional upset, I'm not sure why. This is also indicated by Moon in Via Combusta, Moon is not weak, but shows emotional turbulence. Perhaps you have mixed emotions about practicing law? You've had bad experience in the past, maybe and this causes fear - Venus in 8th, anguish. But Venus is at the cusp of 9th, just...Venus is essentially dignified by term, not the strongest, but its something.

Angular Moon translates between Mercury and Jupiter, Jupiter right at MC is very positive. Both Mercury and Jupiter are well dignified. 10th house ruler in 1st is a positive indication showing opportunities will be there for you. NN at ASC and Spica at ASC showing this could happen. Jupiter is almuten of 10th.

The problem is even thought indications are good for you to do it, I'm not sure you will like it. Moon is entering its fall in the next sign and Venus is applying to malefic Mars, 7th ruler. Perhaps its some sort of partnership?

10th cusp is changing signs, its right on the very last degree and minute and both Moon/Jupiter are in late degree - this points to a change, maybe a change in profession, I'd say. Perhaps its the law, it could be. I'd say, Spica on ASC generally protects, it doesn't mean everything will work out, but it does mean even if things don't work out, you will be ok and looked after.

I'd say do what you think is best for you, even bad experience can be very insightful. I don't think that it means you won't succeed, but perhaps it more likely that you heart is not really in it. You can of course correct me on this, but that's what I get from this chart.

all the best!

Dear Rafaella,

Thank you for your insights. I believe that Mars on the ASC may signify my current state of mind, which is one of frustration and emotional upset, as you pointed out. At the moment, I'm feeling frustrated and upset about every single aspect of my life. So Mars in the 1st and on the ASC makes sense.

There is also some ambivalence of my part about going back to the practice of the law. There seems to be many hurdles on the way, such as taking classes to keep current, networking and connecting with people who may offer me a job, competition, etc.

Venus in the 8th, which is me, represents my worries: shared resources, taxes, debt and inheritance. Going back to the law would also entail relocating abroad, so Venus heading towards the 9th House could also make sense in that context.

I do hope that whatever happens (or does not happen, such as going back to being a lawyer, as it may be), I'll be ok.

Last edited:

scorpika

This chart does not look good for the question, but it does look like a valid chart. Your significator is Venus which is in the 8th house. In horary, planets in the 8th are very inactive: They do not do anything pertaining to the question. The querent will not do anything either. The Moon is VOC in its fall and via combusta and between Saturn and Mars. Sorry but the answer to the question is NO.

Thanks for your take on the chart, Culpeper.

I'll keep you posted.