Sun-Moon conjunction - the 'soulmate' aspect.

Witchyone

Have any of you taken a look at the studies done by the AstroInvestigators? Their methods for testing astrological assumptions seem to be scientifically sound, but their presentation of the data could be much clearer.

Anyway, still interesting stuff, I think. Yes, the typo in the second URL is intentional (on my part).

http://www.astroinvestigators.com/research-studies/
http://www.astroinvestigators.com/marraige/

What stood out to me reading the reports on marriage was that there was a big difference in what was important for male to female vs female to male aspects in synastry. Also, the three bodies most involved in aspects for married couples were Sun, Juno, and Jupiter, in that order. Moon, Venus, and Mars aspects all showed up less than expected.

Ori

What if sun and moon are conjunct but sun is in libra 27 degrees and moon is in scorpio at 2 degrees? :) I have this in synastry and I feel this type of energy but with a little conflict I would say.

ardentika

What if sun and moon are conjunct but sun is in libra 27 degrees and moon is in scorpio at 2 degrees? :) I have this in synastry and I feel this type of energy but with a little conflict I would say.
The conflict is prolly from else where

Baat

Wanted to clarify the stuff about Jim Morrison in the OP, as I think we sometimes glorify or misunderstand the idea of a soulmate. Jim and Pamela had a very tumultuous relationship, I remember reading once that in the midst of a particularly heated argument, she punched him in the face and then locked herself in a room away from him, and then he intentionally set the room on fire, knowing she was in there! Their relationship was so stormy that some even accused her of killing him when he passed away. I don't believe that of course but I think it shows the idea of soulmates not necessarily living happily ever after.

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are probably a more conventional picture of soulmates, both Capricorn rising within close degree (at least according to their alleged birth times on Astrotheme). He was Aquarius sun, Pisces moon, and she was Pisces sun, Aquarius moon. Therefore they don't have the DSC/moon placement mentioned in this thread. Seems that Sun/moon is indeed powerful but of course they had other supportive aspects.

ardentika

Wanted to clarify the stuff about Jim Morrison in the OP, as I think we sometimes glorify or misunderstand the idea of a soulmate. Jim and Pamela had a very tumultuous relationship, I remember reading once that in the midst of a particularly heated argument, she punched him in the face and then locked herself in a room away from him, and then he intentionally set the room on fire, knowing she was in there! Their relationship was so stormy that some even accused her of killing him when he passed away. I don't believe that of course but I think it shows the idea of soulmates not necessarily living happily ever after.

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are probably a more conventional picture of soulmates, both Capricorn rising within close degree (at least according to their alleged birth times on Astrotheme). He was Aquarius sun, Pisces moon, and she was Pisces sun, Aquarius moon. Therefore they don't have the DSC/moon placement mentioned in this thread. Seems that Sun/moon is indeed powerful but of course they had other supportive aspects.
Soulmates are the best mirror of our internal world. If our internal world doesnt know how to love ourselves the relationship will be turbulent. Maybe if they both lived long enough they would have learned. Also the natal potential should be considered . Jim and Pamela had fiery nature to begin with. I don't think your argument is valid. Everyone has a different picture of a soulmate that reflects their inner nature aka natal potential.

Yes, Paul and Joanne have the happily ever after, but that's not something everyone gets from the first try as they did if I'm not mistaken.

Baat

Soulmates are the best mirror of our internal world. If our internal world doesnt know how to love ourselves the relationship will be turbulent. Maybe if they both lived long enough they would have learned. Also the natal potential should be considered . Jim and Pamela had fiery nature to begin with. I don't think your argument is valid. Everyone has a different picture of a soulmate that reflects their inner nature aka natal potential.

Yes, Paul and Joanne have the happily ever after, but that's not something everyone gets from the first try as they did if I'm not mistaken.

Oh it wasn't my intention to argue, sorry if it came off that way. I just found it interesting to think of soulmates in that light, that it doesn't really indicate a peaceful or easy bond, rather that both parties are inextricably bound to one another. I mentioned Joanne and Paul mostly as a contrast, and as an example that sun/moon is perhaps more binding than the moon/DSC aspect mentioned by another member.

ardentika

Oh it wasn't my intention to argue, sorry if it came off that way. I just found it interesting to think of soulmates in that light, that it doesn't really indicate a peaceful or easy bond, rather that both parties are inextricably bound to one another. I mentioned Joanne and Paul mostly as a contrast, and as an example that sun/moon is perhaps more binding than the moon/DSC aspect mentioned by another member.

Oh okay sorry haha. Yeah I mean everything that has to do with soul has to do with growth as well. So it makes sense that soulmates will trigger us the most and make us grow the most, wether it will stay forever or not. I've had connections such as sun-moon but they didn't even get lifted off the ground, whereas moon/dsc connections have worked easier. No idea honestly how this works haha. God's work I guess.

Stace11099

I've been researching a lot on that, and I'm almost inclined to think that the Sun/Moon conjunction between partners is one of THE strongest glues ever and most spiritual one, as it will make both parties work out everything that's stopping them being together.
The only couples I've seen stay together forever, maybe after many trials and errors, are those couples. And more specifically, the female's moon on the male's sun. The funny thing is that the degree doesn't seem to matter that much, as long as it is in the same sign.

Carl Jung made a research on that, and he as well had that conjunction with his wife. Somehow, in those scenarios, one of the partners was unfaithful. At least the scenarios I've researched (including my mom and dad lol)

Another interesting story is the one of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson. They met when she was 19, she is Pisces rising, he is Aqua Rising, no communication there at all. However, her Saggitarius Moon lands on his Saggitarius Sun. He called her "his cosmic mate".

Since orbs here don't work, I will use only signs for the other interesting aspects they had.

His Mars opp. her Moon
His Saturn opp. her Sun AND Moon

I'm focusing mainly on the Sun and Moon aspects.

After he died from an overdose, she couldn't bare to live without him and died from OD 3 years later. She was indeed his "cosmic mate".

My mom and dad have the same aspect. I've looked at their synastry and composite many times, and traditional astrology would say they should NOT be together, or there is no apparent reason why they are together. However, it seems this Sun-Moon conjunction they have (my mom's moon on my dad's sun) is something that held them bond together over 30 years, after MANY ups and downs. Like, MANY downs haha. But they both believe they are soulmates and cannot imagine their lives without each other.

So I am inclined to think that this Sun-Moon conjunction speaks a lot more of fate and soulmates than any other connections in synastry.

If you know of any other famous couples, or couples you know with that conjunction, I'd love to hear!

Hi alicia keys and her husband has sun moon aquarius... lisa boney and her husband has sun moon scorpio...

lilithontop

she makes good pts

lilithontop

You are absolutely right in this! I have found this to be true in my experiences interviewing many long-term and successful couples with this synastry aspect. And like you said, it doesn't even have to be a close orb. I have this both close and wide with several deep connections/partners! It works with the woman being the sun just as much as the moon, mind you. :biggrin:

Neptunian Rainbow

I have realized that for me personally, Eros-Psyche is the ultimate soulmate connection. I have experienced having someone’s Sun exactly on my Moon and there was definitely a strong chemistry, but Eros-Psyche is unlike anything else. I have experienced it twice. With those two men I felt a real soul-connection, all other connections I have experienced in my life feel empty in comparison. My parents had the Eros-Psyche conjunction and that may be the reason why I am so affected by it.

lilithontop

I have realized that for me personally, Eros-Psyche is the ultimate soulmate connection. I have experienced having someone’s Sun exactly on my Moon and there was definitely a strong chemistry, but Eros-Psyche is unlike anything else. I have experienced it twice. With those two men I felt a real soul-connection, all other connections I have experienced in my life feel empty in comparison. My parents had the Eros-Psyche conjunction and that may be the reason why I am so affected by it.

Interesting. What about eros conjunct eros?

lilithontop

And what about psyche/venus or eros/venus? Is that profound too? And who feels it more? I agree with you because I have eros/psyche with a guy who i feel to this day a major connection with, but idk if he feels the same. =/ Is it mutual in the eros/psyche?

Neptunian Rainbow

And what about psyche/venus or eros/venus? Is that profound too? And who feels it more? I agree with you because I have eros/psyche with a guy who i feel to this day a major connection with, but idk if he feels the same. =/ Is it mutual in the eros/psyche?

I have experienced Eros-Mars, Sun-Psyche etc and they have not felt like the deepest soulmate connection. The guy who has his Sun exactly on my Moon has Eros 1 degree from his Sun. There was definitely a chemistry and I had strong feelings, but he did not touch the deepest parts of my soul.

As I see it, the main issue with Eros-Psyche is that you feel clueless about what the other feels for you. Eros came to Psyche at night and she didn´t know who he was and where he went during the day.

When I think back at my life, I have an idea about what other men have felt for me. With the Eros-Psyche connections I am completely clueless. Perhaps they also felt a deep connection, perhaps they only felt compulsive attraction. Sometimes it seemed as if they also felt an incredible connection and they said that they did, sometimes they were cold and disappeared.

I have also experienced Eros conjunct Psyche in the composite once, but I never gave him a chance. Later I deeply regretted that.

I´ll write more in a private message since I am off topic in this thread :)

CapAquaPis

Capricorn and Aquarius sun/moon types as well cap sun/aqua moon and aqua sun/cap moon people have the lowest chances of obtaining a relationship in their adult lives, they're considered the loners, spinsters and bachelors of the zodiac. I'm an Aquarius sun/moon who never had the best in romantic bonds and in age 40, my sex life is almost close to virginity level. I have a GF now, but this occurs every 5-10 years since puberty and high school.

lilithontop

I have experienced Eros-Mars, Sun-Psyche etc and they have not felt like the deepest soulmate connection. The guy who has his Sun exactly on my Moon has Eros 1 degree from his Sun. There was definitely a chemistry and I had strong feelings, but he did not touch the deepest parts of my soul.

As I see it, the main issue with Eros-Psyche is that you feel clueless about what the other feels for you. Eros came to Psyche at night and she didn´t know who he was and where he went during the day.

When I think back at my life, I have an idea about what other men have felt for me. With the Eros-Psyche connections I am completely clueless. Perhaps they also felt a deep connection, perhaps they only felt compulsive attraction. Sometimes it seemed as if they also felt an incredible connection and they said that they did, sometimes they were cold and disappeared.

I have also experienced Eros conjunct Psyche in the composite once, but I never gave him a chance. Later I deeply regretted that.

I´ll write more in a private message since I am off topic in this thread :)

WOW, you couldn't be more absolutely right! My original reply is outdated as I've begun to date someone else with whom I have an Eros/Psyche synastry conjunction, as well. It's strong! I hope the Venus/Saturn conjunction adds longevity. PM me if you like :)

NikJ

Thanks for writing this. My sun conjuncts my partners moon and his Sun conjuncts my moon! My astrologer says he has never seen anything like this. I have always believed my partner and I are twin flames. Could I be right?

I've been researching a lot on that, and I'm almost inclined to think that the Sun/Moon conjunction between partners is one of THE strongest glues ever and most spiritual one, as it will make both parties work out everything that's stopping them being together.
The only couples I've seen stay together forever, maybe after many trials and errors, are those couples. And more specifically, the female's moon on the male's sun. The funny thing is that the degree doesn't seem to matter that much, as long as it is in the same sign.

Carl Jung made a research on that, and he as well had that conjunction with his wife. Somehow, in those scenarios, one of the partners was unfaithful. At least the scenarios I've researched (including my mom and dad lol)

Another interesting story is the one of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson. They met when she was 19, she is Pisces rising, he is Aqua Rising, no communication there at all. However, her Saggitarius Moon lands on his Saggitarius Sun. He called her "his cosmic mate".

Since orbs here don't work, I will use only signs for the other interesting aspects they had.

His Mars opp. her Moon
His Saturn opp. her Sun AND Moon

I'm focusing mainly on the Sun and Moon aspects.

After he died from an overdose, she couldn't bare to live without him and died from OD 3 years later. She was indeed his "cosmic mate".

My mom and dad have the same aspect. I've looked at their synastry and composite many times, and traditional astrology would say they should NOT be together, or there is no apparent reason why they are together. However, it seems this Sun-Moon conjunction they have (my mom's moon on my dad's sun) is something that held them bond together over 30 years, after MANY ups and downs. Like, MANY downs haha. But they both believe they are soulmates and cannot imagine their lives without each other.

So I am inclined to think that this Sun-Moon conjunction speaks a lot more of fate and soulmates than any other connections in synastry.

If you know of any other famous couples, or couples you know with that conjunction, I'd love to hear!