My first SR chart - lots of questions. Help needed!

Olga

I spent quite some time trying to interpret my first ever SR chart. Here are my efforts – please feel free to correct and expand:

SR Acs = Gemini
(Natal Asc) = Sagittarius

SR Asc Ruler = Mercury
(Natal Asc Ruler) = Jupiter

1st SR house has Mars in it.

In the natal chart the SR Asc Ruler (Mercury) is in the 8th house. Therefore the 8th house will get the focus this year (2009-2010). (Death? Inheritance? What else?)
In the SR chart Mercury is the 4th house. The Sun in the SR chart is also in the 4th house. The 4th house (House? Domestic life?) should show where my (Mercury or Jupiter???) qualities will express themselves this year.

In the natal chart the 4th house is in Taurus, therefore in the natal chart the Ruler of the 4th house would be Venus.
In the SR chart the 4th house is in Leo, therefore the SR 4th house Ruler would be the Sun. By the way being the Ruler of the SR 4th house the Sun happens to be positioned in the 4th house as well. So what do we have? The SR 4th house Ruler in 4th. Which means…???

Great, it looks like my SR Ascendant is at the same time my Natal Descendant (Gemini). A difficult year is awaiting me. Fantastic. Any more good news? The company I worked for went bankrupt this year and I together with all other people lost my job. This was half a year ago – way before my 2009 birthday. The SR chart shows the year to come until my next – 2010 - birthday. How can it get even worse? Jupiter is Retrograde (if I see it right) – therefore Jupiter will not be able to help, correct?

Other than that the SR planets are more or less equally distributed above and below the horizon line (6 to 4). East and West –wise it is 5 and 5. So everything seems to be in balance there.

Where the Solar Return MOON falls in the natal chart indicates an area of activity or restlessness for the year.

Sorry, I do not understand what I should do. My SR Moon is in Pisces in 10th house. What should I check in the natal chart that would indicate the area of activity?

Next is SR Ascendant trine natal Venus (but this trine has a little apostrophe next to it). I am not sure I understand this.

Indicators of Marriage:
3rd, 7th, 9th or 11th houses accentuated. Sun or Venus conj.SR Ascendant. 5th and 7th houses both activated and Venus prominent could show a love affair culminating in commitment.

Questions:
1) how to determine whether houses are activated or not? Am I correct saying that my 3rd, 7th and 9th houses are not activated and the 11th house is activated by the Moon?
2) Does accentuated mean the same as activated?
3) How do you see that the planet is prominent or not?
4) Does one need to have ALL of the above aspects (meaning 3+7+9+11 houses activated+ Sun or Venus conj Asc + etc) OR one aspect is already enough?

[quote] Childbirth or Pregnancy:4th, 5th and 11th houses activated, Lunar Nodes across the 5th/11th house axis. Solar or natal Neptune in the 4th. [/quote]

In my SR chart I do have planets present in all mentioned houses – 4th, 5th and 11th. However I have no idea about Lunar Nodes (unless these are Lunar Node and Mean Node which are both in the 9th house) and I do NOT have either SR or natal Neptune in the 4th. Does that mean no childbirth and/or pregnancy? Or are the three houses enough?

Career/Job change:2nd, 6th and 10th houses activated. Uranus or Moon in 6th and 10th especially show change.

I do have planets in the 2bd abd 10th houses. No 6th house, sorry. Also I have the Moon in the 10th, but no Uranus there. Same question: is it BOTH or either of them is enough? I could use some good luck with career/ job change since I have been sitting unemployed for half a year…

Health: 1st house in Gemini having Mars in it. 6th house in Libra with no planets in it. 12th house is in Aries with no planets in it. How do I interpret my health aspects for the year to come?

I have planets in both houses 2nd and the 8th with Pluto in the 8th house.
The SR Pluto is in a T-square (??? -with a little strike in it?) with SR Sun.
Also SR Pluto is in a (T?) square with the natal Sun.
Pluto in an aspect to Sun in my horoscope… I lost my father last May… What else is awaiting me?

Attachments

• Solar Return Chart 2009-2010.jpg
    Solar Return Chart 2009-2010.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Solar Return Data Chart 2009-2010.pdf
    32.3 KB · Views: 25

Vinyasa

Questions:
1) how to determine whether houses are activated or not? Am I correct saying that my 3rd, 7th and 9th houses are not activated and the 11th house is activated by the Moon?
2) Does accentuated mean the same as activated?
3) How do you see that the planet is prominent or not?
4) Does one need to have ALL of the above aspects (meaning 3+7+9+11 houses activated+ Sun or Venus conj Asc + etc) OR one aspect is already enough?
Hi Olga,
I will answer some of your questions and someone more experienced than me hopefully will take then over and help you further...

All my answers refer exclusively to SR charts:
1. A house is activated in various ways: when the Sun is in, or when there is a Stellium (3+ planets in), or the natal house rising... Taking your chart as an example, I would say 4th is activated due to the Sun, 10th due to the Stellium of Jupiter/Neptune/Chiron, and I would say 11tth too, because you have both planets (Moon and Uranus) related to disruptions/fluctuations/unexpected in it... Moon is on the cusp of the 11th so interpreted in the 11th...

2. Accentuated house can mean activated (as above), can mean also emphasized (eg by NN, in this case the 9th)... Accentuated can also be the area of your natal chart (natal planets included) covered by the 12th in SR: this area is supposed to be the less active or the less expected to develop or the area to be developed with the most effort for this year (in this case your 4-5th natal, Saturn included and the values/traits he represents for you...)
Accentuated can mean activated, can also mean area where you must put extra effort this year if you want to develop it.

3. A prominent planet can be an angular planet (ie close to Asc/DC/MC/IC). Or it can be a planet with many major aspects... Or the least aspected planet because he will most probably act rather abruptly... A prominent SR planet can also point exactly to a natal planet (especially by conjunction or opposition) or to a natal house cusp... Or can oppose a Stellium... Or can be the handle of a sling/fan shaped chart...

4. This is a subjective question, to a certain extent. If for example I see a doom and gloom aspect, I prefer to have at least 3 aspects pointing into the same area of interest at least, let's say one should confirm the other. You can also get one pointer and then just put extra effort on it, ie let's suppose you may want to get married and have one indicator, it does not mean that you have to wait forever, until you receive all the indicators described in a book/web site... You may also decide to marry someone to whom you are in love and put extra effort on it or accept his proposal independently of the indicators seen in a SR chart... This is called free will :wink:

Sorry, I do not understand what I should do. My SR Moon is in Pisces in 10th house. What should I check in the natal chart that would indicate the area of activity?
I would look at the 11th and not the 10th, because Moon is almost conjuncting the 11th cusp. And also the 3rd - because it is very close to the cusp of your Natal 3rd, and because Moon is ruler of your SR3.

Wish you a nice, creative and rewarding year! :)

gemini59

Yes, all that Vinyasa said. And also since your 6th house is rising I consider the 6th/12th axis active. Mercury is the ruler thus its position and aspects are also important. Mercury is in the solar 4th brings a focus there. Sun in 4th seconds this idea of the 4th being important both to ego and to health.
The most prominent planets are jupiter and neptune as they are closest to the MC.
It is good to set up some sort of system of interpretation.
1. look at the angles. You start at Ac which is mutable meaning initally lots of changes then MC goes to fixed meaning the year ends with more settled and fixed traits.
2. What natal house is rising? Your 6th is rising meaning a focus on health coworers and daily habits. the 12th will also be active due to the polarity factor.
3. Where is the sun. In the 4th showing lots of energy n the 4th house and the ruler of the chart there too increases this idea.
4 Where are the rulers of the 6th and 12th? Venus in the second showing its manifestation through personal worth or finance. The ruler of the 12th in the 8th showing others resources as important. What aspects do they make?
5, The most prominent would be jupiter and neptune in the 10th. thoughother angles are important if there is a focus on the ACor MC these will take more energy and express it out to the world. See what houses they rule in the solar and sometimes the natal expression too. In this case 7th, 12th and 1st.
6. There is a neat little trick that actually helps quite a bit and that is look for the correlation between the solar house and the natal house. Such as why would First solar and natal 6th and 7th be together ...what does that tell. How would natal 7th and solar second together mean to you? and so on...this tells quite a bit of the story.

gemini59

Correction. it looks like mars rules your solar 12th and Venus rules your 6th. Sorry. Given some of the clues you gave us about your current income situation we can see a couple of things:
Mercury rules your second solar telling us that money will come from two sources. The ruler of the 6th in the 2nd may indicate that money may come from ordinary daily activities or it is encouraging you to take pleasures in small daily things. It is trined by the moon on the cusp of the 11th of hopes dreams and wishes as well as friends. this is a postive energy for you. Watch however the square of mars in the solar first to the moon which my cause your temper to be short or for you to be too aggressive. See how Uranus might feed into this with abrupt reactions and with mars this might be sudden reactions.
Jupiter in the 10th house rules your solar 7th indicating there is a connection with benefits and partnership. I don't like neptune. I really dont. It squares y our sun in the natal chart and now we see it opposing you thus there is a drain going on to home or you in the home. Jupiter expands this This could be an expansion of work/partnership disolves your ego at home. Or some such Neptune rules the 11th which is money from work (2nd from 10th) and this might imply money from work dissolving expands possibilities for partner? again....the words can man several things but look at the house they are in, the angles they make and the houses they rule, and the natal relationship.
Once I look at a biwheel chart to see natal input I usually just put up the solar as a stand alone.

In the natal chart the 4th house is in Taurus, therefore in the natal chart the Ruler of the 4th house would be Venus.
In the SR chart the 4th house is in Leo, therefore the SR 4th house Ruler would be the Sun. By the way being the Ruler of the SR 4th house the Sun happens to be positioned in the 4th house as well. So what do we have? The SR 4th house Ruler in 4th. Which means…???
In my mind it reinforces the natal position and where you shine, where your heart is ie: home, family matters, home and emotional security will be of utmost importance.

Next is SR Ascendant trine natal Venus (but this trine has a little apostrophe next to it). I am not sure I understand this.
I don't see this--- are you looking at SR Asc trine natal venus? SR venus is in 2nd house of how you earn your money, beliefs and personal values, again in the sign of cancer --- family matters.
I have planets in both houses 2nd and the 8th with Pluto in the 8th house.
The SR Pluto is in a T-square (??? -with a little strike in it?) with SR Sun.

Also SR Pluto is in a (T?) square with the natal Sun.
SR Pluto is not is aspect to SR or natal sun at the moment although it is in T Square with uranus/saturn

I'm with Cass, I prefer looking at SR and natal outside. So looking at Asc gemini = air instead of Saggi fire, suggests same restlessness but more communications, procrastinating, indecisiveness and not wanting to make firm decisions (typical gemini traits) 6th house of daily routines, being of service to people and offering little bits of information to all around you in the environment.

T Saturn onto natal pluto suggests transformation and restructuring, hard work and quite often loss. Now N Pluto rules 11th (Equal house system) and that could invovle loss of friends and work. Pluto is in 10th along with venus & uranus. T Saturn onto natal venus suggests loss of money, status and poss break as venus/libra rules 11th house cusp (Equal).

So if you are looking for something major to happen, it should also be reflected in transits and Solar arcs and progressed.

SR Saturn in 5th slow downs and limitations for recreational matters, creative concerns.

Jupiter,Neptune in 10th is quite good but Neptune is illusionary and could 'wear a hat or uniform or mask' in social setting or work.

Solar returns
http://cafeastrology.com/interpretingsolarreturns.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12694
http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/en/Solar_Return_Chart
http://www.maryshea.com/sr.html

The house in which the Sun falls in the SR chart is the birthday month's forecast and influence, and each house after is the following month, since the Sun transits at the rate of one sign or house per month. Each house is treated as events in that month, and the sign and planet ruling the cusp influences the outlook for that month. The chart is used like a clock, with 12 months on its face instead of 12 hours. As the Sun conjoins or aspects other planets in the SR, it will generate events
http://www.typhonvision.com/art-solarreturn.htm

Olga

SR Pluto is not is aspect to SR or natal sun at the moment although it is in T Square with uranus/saturn

Is it possible we are looking at different tables? Because I do see Pluto aspects to the Sun... Or - that is even more possible - am I missing something? I am looking at the data chart (attached) - I use Porphyry house system because Porphyry houses "fit" for my natal chart description-wise. So I keep using Porphyry in transits, SR and progressions. If I look at the data chart it has two tables:

1) The 1st table "Aspects" has a square aspect between Sun and Pluto. The square has a little strike on the bottom (whatever that means).

2) The 2nd table "Aspects Natal - Solar Return" also has SR Pluto square Natal Sun (square with a strike) and also SR Pluto squre natal Pluto (a square with a little "apostrophe"). In addition I see a square (T-squre if THAT is the one with the "apostrophe") with natal Uranus...

So what am I doing wrong if you are saying that there is no SR Pluto aspect to SR or natal Sun?

Attachments

• Solar Return Data Chart 2009-2010.pdf
    32.3 KB · Views: 23
2) The 2nd table "Aspects Natal - Solar Return" also has SR Pluto square Natal Sun (square with a strike) and also SR Pluto squre natal Pluto (a square with a little "apostrophe"). In addition I see a square (T-squre if THAT is the one with the "apostrophe") with natal Uranus...
This does not show a square it shows Quintile ( a minor aspect)
Also I don't agree with wide orbs when comparing SR to natal-- like synastry I would not go above 3' + -
1) The 1st table "Aspects" has a square aspect between Sun and Pluto. The square has a little strike on the bottom (whatever that means).
same thing agin a Quintile aspect. You can do a search here on AW to further research this aspect

So T Saturn has just gone off conj with Pluto in 10th Equal and 9th your house system. So what happend?

gemini59

With Pluto at 0 degrees and sun at 16 degrees it forms a sesquihydrant or 135 degree aspect (sorry if my spelling is off). Sesqui imply that something is out of your control, that something else will effect the outcome of those planets aspect. That is my understanding of that aspect. _

Olga

So T Saturn has just gone off conj with Pluto in 10th Equal and 9th your house system. So what happend?

Nothing happened that I noticed... Neither in 9th house (Porphyry house system) nor in the 10th house (Equal house system)... Unless this T Saturn was blocking somethig in these houses and when the conj aspect is over this blockage will be over too... Meaning something will finally happen either in travel (9th house) or in my career (10 th house). Either is more than welcome.