Sun Sign Word Clouds

EhTeam

A word cloud is a group of words pulled from a body of text. The higher the frequency, the larger the word, and color.
I gathered words from the text of 3-4 websites, so they are not what I think is most prominent with each sign, but rather multiple.

Example: Pisces has the word 'compassionate' in a larger text, showing that of the 3 websites, that word was present in higher frequency than the word vague, which was also found.

I am going to touch these up a bit, as I was playing at first, and got a pattern down at the end.

ari.jpg

tau.jpg

gem.jpg

can.jpg

leo.jpg

vir.jpg

lib.jpg

sco.jpg

sag.jpg

cap-1.jpg

aqu.jpg

pis.jpg

NorthNodePisces

could you try using more websites to gather from? i think these are good at describing the archetypes, not just sun sign.

Last edited:

Mark

This is actually a really good idea. There are people who use spiders (automated information harvesters) to crawl huge numbers of pages and process the data in a similar manner (number of occurrences of specific words, the proximity of words to each other, et cetera) in an attempt to cull the collective human unconscious via the internet. It's actually a mechanical, indirect, and inefficient way of going about it, but it's a great idea if you're going to use machines. I would be interested in the results you would get when crawling larger numbers of all the right pages. Also, could you zip the results into a single file and attach that to a post? I would quite enjoy reviewing this work. I think it will have a lot to say when it's completed. I actually think that it may belong in the R&D subforum (in the Other Astrology forum). Kudos on the good work.

P.S. Also, the black backgrounds, like Aries, Taurus, and Pisces, make the words rather difficult to read on my monitor. The boldness and colour scheme given to Aquarius works well, though.

EhTeam

could you try using more websites to gather from? i think these are good at describing the archetypes, not just sun sign.

Yes, that is possible.
I had about 5-6 websites up, and ended up using the same 3-4 towards the end. I will have to redo them all, but wanted feedback before doing this again. I spent about 4 hours playing with these.

I will admit though, the one thing I started to do to 'influence' the word clouds, was include the planet and element associated with it.

queenfluff

Neat.:smile: Are you creating these for something? Like t-shirt designs?

Some feeback: I just noticed that all the signs have their planet rulers names mixed in the designs except Scorpio and Capricorn seem to be missing theirs. A few designs have words repeated but I think you probably saw that.

I would add the word "transformative" or "regeneration" to the Scorpio words description if I was going to edit the Scorpio design. I think it is a pretty key Scorpio word. (it is for me anyhow. :)) I am sure you have some more to add in mind.

Very nice job. :smile:

EhTeam

This is actually a really good idea. There are people who use spiders (automated information harvesters) to crawl huge numbers of pages and process the data in a similar manner (number of occurrences of specific words, the proximity of words to each other, et cetera) in an attempt to cull the collective human unconscious via the internet. It's actually a mechanical, indirect, and inefficient way of going about it, but it's a great idea if you're going to use machines. I would be interested in the results you would get when crawling larger numbers of all the right pages. Also, could you zip the results into a single file and attach that to a post? I would quite enjoy reviewing this work. I think it will have a lot to say when it's completed. I actually think that it may belong in the R&D subforum (in the Other Astrology forum). Kudos on the good work.

P.S. Also, the black backgrounds, like Aries, Taurus, and Pisces, make the words rather difficult to read on my monitor. The boldness and colour scheme given to Aquarius works well, though.

Thank you for the feedback.

Word clouds were, to my knowledge, created with the intention to be used as a learning tool. If you could take a large text block, like MacBeth, you can find the reoccurring words, themes, names, locations etc. For visual learners, it is a quick way of going over vocabulary.

Fulcrum

Beautifully rendered. The compositions are dynamic and inviting, and I like the prosody of your font choices too.

miquar

elegant, lovely, passionate, graceful

That'll do!

Sun Aquarius Moon Scorpio Ascendant Cancer

Word clouds and word-search both fascinating and entertaining. Thanks very much.