What have you inherited from your parents' chart?

PlutoLibScoAsc

My mom has pluto in 1st house. And she has moon in Gemini.

I have pluto rising in 1st house. Moon in Gemini too.

It just amazes me to see the connections. How about you?

ElenaJ

This shouldn't amaze you, it's very logical.
Giving birth is a major life changing event for a woman.
And the moment in which she gives birth, her natal chart is being strongly activated.
Often the birth moment occurs when the sun touches her ascendent.
And that very moment becomes the natal chart of the new person who comes into being. So very frequently, the child's sun touches the ascendent of the mother, or another vital point in her chart.
This phenomenon is also used often for rectification of natal charts.
Her personal planets are activated. This helps to explain the close tie between mother and child.
What is more amazing, if you like, is the connection that often occurs between the charts of a father and his daughter. His mars is often on the daughter's ascendent or sun.

Blaze

Account Closed
Hmm...none.

Aspect and position wise: one has a t-square involving Saturn and Mars - like I do. Unlike me though, they have Venus as the third planet while Jupiter is my third.

The other has Mars in the twelfth house (I do too), but in the opposing sign to my own.

Trines, squares and oppositions is what my chart looks like against theirs.

PlutoLibScoAsc

This shouldn't amaze you, it's very logical.
Giving birth is a major life changing event for a woman.
And the moment in which she gives birth, her natal chart is being strongly activated.
Often the birth moment occurs when the sun touches her ascendent.
And that very moment becomes the natal chart of the new person who comes into being. So very frequently, the child's sun touches the ascendent of the mother, or another vital point in her chart.
This phenomenon is also used often for rectification of natal charts.
Her personal planets are activated. This helps to explain the close tie between mother and child.
What is more amazing, if you like, is the connection that often occurs between the charts of a father and his daughter. His mars is often on the daughter's ascendent or sun.

Wow, nice info, Thanks! I do have my father's mar as my sun!

PlutoLibScoAsc

Hmm...none.

Aspect and position wise: one has a t-square involving Saturn and Mars - like I do. Unlike me though, they have Venus as the third planet while Jupiter is my third.

The other has Mars in the twelfth house (I do too), but in the opposing sign to my own.

Trines, squares and oppositions is what my chart looks like against theirs.

I see.. Thanks for sharing!

Lykanized

I have to say, I'm not sure of the concept of inherited aspects, but there are some interesting coincidences in my family

My parents are both Virgo suns/Scorpio moons. My younger sister is a Scorpio sun and stellium and my other sister is a Scorpio rising. I'm a Virgo moon/rising. Heavily Scorpionic/Virgoic family

I have a Gemini Venus/Virgo mars and my grandpa had those exact placements, but that's probably far less intriguing

My younger sister(the Scorpio sun) is a Virgo moon in draconic astrology while I'm a Scorpio in draconic astrology with a Capricorn moon(that same sister's natal rising sign)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56093

Mom:

My Moon is in Libra, and my Mom's Ascendant is Libra.

My Sun is in Aries, and my Mom's Descendant is Aries.

My Descendant is in Sagittarius, and my Mom's Sun is in Sagittarius.

My Midheaven is in Aquarius, and my Mom's Moon is in Aquarius.

My Imum Coeli is in Leo, and my Mom's Midheaven is in Leo.

My Mercury is conjunct my Mom's Saturn in Pisces.

My Moon is conjunct my Mom's Mars in Libra.

My Saturn is conjunct my Mom's Venus in Capricorn.

Dad:

My Imum Coeli is in Leo, and my Dad's Ascendant is in Leo.

My Venus is conjunct my Dad's Midheaven in Taurus.

My Mars is conjunct my Dad's Jupiter and Saturn in Capricorn.

Grandma:

My Mercury is conjunct my Grandma's Midheaven and Saturn in Pisces.

My Saturn is conjunct my Grandma's Sun and Jupiter in Capricorn.

My Midheaven is conjunct my Grandma's Venus in Aquarius.

That's all I can think of. It seems that my Mom's chart resonates the most closely with my own. People in real life say that we look unnervingly similar. It seems that one could say the same of our charts.

JupiterASC, you said you were especially interested in angle contacts. I have a lot with my mother, but not for my father. I don't have my father's birth time, but there are a number of planetary contacts.

Father:

His Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter (they are together within 10 degrees, spanning late degrees of Cancer and early degrees of Leo) is conjunct my Sun/Mercury conjunction 28 degrees Cancer and 1 degree Leo and oppose my Moon. My Venus is also conjunct his Uranus/Pluto conjunction.

Mother:

Her Sun/Jupiter conjunct my DC.
Her Pluto conjunct my IC.
My Mars conjunct her IC.
Her ASC conjunct my Sun/Moon midpoint.

Another interesting thing is that our Mars/Venus signs are reversed. Her Mars is in Virgo and Venus in Capricorn. My Mars is in Capricorn and Venus in Virgo.

Some other relevant information comes from my half-siblings (different fathers).

My brother has a Sun/Pluto conjunction while my sister has Sun/Uranus conjunction both in Libra, and conjunct. They also conjunct my mother's ASC/Neptune conjunction.

My mother's and sisters IC/MC axis are conjunct but reversed. My brother may have a Sun/Moon opposition like I do, except falling on my mother's ASC/DC axis, but I don't know his time.

Quick breakdown for signs because they are often repeated:

Mother:

Libra ASC
Sag Sun
Virgo Moon
Scorpio Mercury
Capricorn Venus
Virgo Mars

Father:

Unknown ASC
Leo Sun
Libra Moon
Leo Mercury
Leo Venus
Cancer Mars
(my 4th house is Leo on cusp)

Me:

Gemini ASC
Cancer Sun
Leo Mercury
Virgo Venus
Capricorn Mars

Sister:

Taurus ASC
Libra Sun
Scorpio Moon
Virgo Mercury
Scorpio Venus
Virgo Mars

Brother:

unknown ASC
Libra Sun
Aries Moon
Virgo Mercury
Scorpio Venus
Libra Mars

Hope that helps with the research a bit!
Thanks Flapjacks, my intention is that anyone reading this thread benefits from a steadily increasing source of valid data
which clearly shows that family connections in natal charts can be remarkable for their consistency :smile:
also

reliable connections to ASC/DESC/MC/IC/PoF
require an accurate time of birth

and
In fact, connections to angles/PoF/other Arabic Parts via planets
is one of the important indicators
that times of birth are indeed accurate,
this thread is also intended to act as a practical and useful basic astrological exercise for all
who seek assistance with rectification

My father is an Aries- my Mars, 6th, and 7th houses are in Aries. My mother is a Libra (with asc and moon also in libra)- my asc and 12th house are in Libra. My stepdad (huge influence in my life) is a Gemini- My moon and Jupiter are in Gemini (not conj).

My husband is a cancer- my daughter is a cancer. My rising as well as both of my children's risings are in Libra. My son and I both have Jupiter in Gemini. My husband and my daughter both have Jupiter in Taurus.

My husband's venus is in Gemini- My daughter's Mars is in in Gemini, my moon and jupiter are in gemini.

My son and my daughter both have moon in aquarius.

My Husband's mom is a Leo and my daughter's Mercury is in Leo (they are really close). His mom and I also both have rising in Libra and moon in Gemini.

Apart from the rising in Libra, Jupiter in Gemini, and moon in aquarius, my son has nothing else in common with anyone in any of our families. His houses even differ from my daughter's, mine, and his grandmother's (all asc Libra), his 2nd and 3rd are in scorpio (ours are 2nd scorpio, 3rd sag). He is an aquarius, asc Libra, moon in aquarius, mercury pisces, venus pisces, mars aquarius.

I gave you more than you asked, but I hope it helped.

e.g.

(1) Your Moon is the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's Sun, Moon, ASC/DESC/MC/IC/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter or Saturn

My mother is a Capricorn sun, moon, and Saturn. I am a Capricorn moon. Her Saturn is conjunct my moon. Not comfortable at all, for either of us. My middle brother is a Cancer sun; my mother is a Cancer ascendant and my father was a Cancer moon. In my own family, both of my children are Virgo moons and I am a Virgo sun. In my husband's family, he is a Pisces moon and his mother and our daughter are both Pisces suns. My FIL's Pisces Saturn also sits on my husband's moon.

(2) Your Sun is the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's Sun, Moon ASC/DESC/MC/IC/
Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn

Mine isn't, but my husband and son are both Aries suns. My father was born August 23, but by birth time and location was a Leo (August 23 is one of the most tricksy birthdays astrologically, it seems). He had Venus and Mercury conjunct in Virgo. I am a Virgo sun, born August 27, and have Venus and Merc in loose conjunction in Leo. I always thought that was interesting. My oldest brother is a Virgo moon.

(3) Your Ascendant is the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's Sun, Moon ASC/DESC/MC/IC
/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn

Hahahaha, yes. My dad and I were both Leo rising. My son is also Leo rising. They are all placed no more than two degrees apart from each other. (I laughed because my son was a preemie and my mother had everything but the time keyed in to the computer when the date was determined -- I had severe preeclampsia and he was delivered by emergency c-section. When she did the chart and told me he was a 10 deg. Leo rising to my eight, I cracked up, and that laughter was much appreciated!)

Basically - is one of more of your ASC/DESC/IC/MC/Moon/Sun/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn the same sign as one or more of your father/mother's ASC/DESC/MC/IC/Mercury/Venus/Mars/Jupiter/Saturn signs? :smile:

Just a tad, especially with me. My two older brothers brought completely different signs to the astrological gene pool. I am the most tied, astrologically, to our parents -- and, paradoxically, was always the most rebellious. One interesting thing about the three of us, at least to me: my eldest brother has no water in his chart. My middle brother has no earth. I have no air. I wonder if Mom and Dad had had a fourth, s/he would have had no fire? :wink: We all have Venus and Mercury conjunct -- in different signs, but nonetheless we share that aspect with our father, who also had it. (An interesting tidbit: I am 13 and 11 years younger than my brothers.)

... and after I read through this I got the impression that JUPITERASC is interested in gathering info about this subject, so I have more to add regarding my kids, in-laws, nieces and nephews (I promise not to write War and Peace, lol).

Taurus: My oldest brother, by all appearances, introduced Taurus to our DNA. It does not exist in either of our parents' charts nor, as far as I can tell, does it go farther back (but one starts to run into difficulties with birth time and such then, so it's hard to tell). My bro is a Taurus sun/ascendant. There are six bio. grandchildren (two more adopted) on my side of the family. One nephew and my daughter are both Taurus rising (and they're 19 years apart; he's the oldest grandchild, she's the youngest). A niece (who is also my godchild) has her moon in Taurus. My son has Venus and Mercury conjunct in Taurus.

Scorpio: My kids' generation brought Scorpio to the family. Two of my nieces are Scorpio suns (in fact, the one with the Taurus moon is also a Scorp sun, and they oppose each other). My daughter has Mars in Scorpio (and can you ever tell; that is NOT a criticism). All three girls, despite having three different sets of parents and quite an age spread, are very much alike temperamentally. The eldest niece also picked up that Capricorn moon from my mother.

Aquarius: My middle brother is an Aquarius moon. My nephew -- son of my other brother -- is an Aquarius sun AND moon.

We're a Fixed lot, aren't we?

My husband's side:

MIL, Pisces sun/Sag moon. (I don't know her birth time, so I have to do a 12 noon chart for her. I don't dare ask; it wouldn't be prudent.) Her own mother was also a Pisces sun; one of my husband's cousins shares his grandmother's birthday. My MIL has Venus in Aries, as do my husband and daughter. She also shares a Saturn in Aries placement with my son and a Jupiter in Aries placement with my daughter. Hmm. Three of her six grandchildren are Pisces suns (my daughter, one niece, and one nephew). Two are Aries suns (my son and another nephew). No Sag there that I know of, but again I can't ask that side of the family what their birth times are and why I want them.

FIL, Scorpio sun/Capricorn moon. One Scorpio granddaughter. His Pisces Saturn sits on my husband's moon. He has absolutely nothing in common with either of my children astrologically, unless his unknown ascendant would change that. He and I have a lot of conjunctions and/or oppositions (including Saturn), which I find interesting since I married into the family.

Again here, my husband is the youngest and the one with the strongest astrological ties (in his case, to his mother). His sister is a Cancer sun and his brother's an Aquarius sun; I don't know the rest of their astrology but I know there's a pattern of detachment in that family and I wonder if I did everyone's chart (even with a 12 noon) if I'd find Venus in Aries or a lot of Sag moons. Since it's supposed to rain all day I know what I'll likely be doing if I get bored.