Random Thoughts, strictly Text

petosiris

Banned
Even if there was a creator, what makes you think it’s the Christian God? Why not the Muslim God?

I think I've told you before that I don't believe there is such a such thing as Christian, Muslim or Jewish God. Any unitarian monotheist worships the same God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. The reason I am not a Jewish convert, is because I've accept Jesus of Nazareth as my Lord, the promised Messiah by the prophets and I await his second coming, and the reason I am not a Muslim convert, is because Muhammad did not preach the same gospel. Do you want me to give details why I don't accept the teachings of these faiths though they are not idolatrous and true with regards to the One God?

petosiris

Banned
Even if there was a creator, what makes you think it’s the Christian God? Why not the Muslim God?

''Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.'' - Deuteronomy 6:4
''Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.'' - Mark 12:29
''He is God, [who is] One.'' - Quran 112:1

Now the three faiths differ in teaching and what constitutes authoritative Scripture, but clearly they all agree on this point.

AppLeo

I think I've told you before that I don't believe there is such a such thing as Christian, Muslim or Jewish God. Any unitarian monotheist worships the same God, the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

Yeah, but everyone seems to get different ideas about who this god is and what he wants from us. How do we tell what is right and wrong about this absolute creator.

The reason I am not a Jewish convert, is because I've accept Jesus of Nazareth as my Lord, the promised Messiah by the prophets and I await his second coming, and the reason I am not a Muslim convert, is because Muhammad did not preach the same gospel. Do you want me to give details why I don't accept the teachings of these faiths though they are not idolatrous and true with regards to the One God?

Yes, give me details.

david starling

After death, an avowed atheist, who had led a good life and had been kind to the less fortunate, was surprised to find himself standing before the Pearly Gates, being greeted by St. Peter. "Welcome to Heaven! If you'll just follow me, I'll lead you to your own private mansion. You'll notice you're completely invisible and inaudible to some, who were members of certain religions on Earth--we're allowing them to believe that they're the only ones up here.". :lol:

Cold Fusion

There can't be one eternal creator of all creators. You can't use the term creator. Saying that there's an end-all creator doesn't answer your question. BECAUSE WHAT CREATED THAT CREATOR??? By saying there's a creator, you're implying that something outside of existence made existence. BUT THATS IMPOSSIBLE.

A creator cannot create existence because the creator exists. If it exists, then you can't create existence.

God of the gaps argument.

petosiris

Banned
After death, an avowed atheist, who had led a good life and had been kind to the less fortunate, was surprised to find himself standing before the Pearly Gates, being greeted by St. Peter. "Welcome to Heaven! If you'll just follow me, I'll lead you to your own private mansion. You'll notice you're completely invisible and inaudible to some, who were members of certain religions on Earth--we're allowing them to believe that they're the only ones up here.". :lol:

David, people are dead after death unless they get resurrected like Lazarus and Jesus, or like we all would in the last days. People won't have private mansions in heaven since there won't be any want or theft. The Age of Aquarius is nothing compared to the Age of the Kingdom of God, seek the latter.

petosiris

Banned
So, no one suffering in H*ll? In that case, I respect your religious paradigm.

Hades/Sheol is either mortalism or soul sleep. There is no transmigration, torture or purification of souls in the Scriptures, those are entirely pagan philosophies. There will be just punishment and suffering for the unrighteous after their resurrection.

Ukpoohbear

People who die are not lying waiting for the resurrection. That kind of rigid beliefs really offends me. I had one friends years ago tell me on Xmas eve that my mum isn’t thinking of me cos she’s dead waiting for the resurrection. What a nice friend that was. But besides that, I don’t get how you can make assumptions and believe that. Yes, there’s got to be a creator, but how can anybody say with confidence what happens after death.

david starling

Hades/Sheol is either mortalism or soul sleep. There is no transmigration, torture or purification of souls in the Scriptures, those are entirely pagan philosophies. There will be just punishment and suffering for the unrighteous after their resurrection.

Why even bother resurrecting the defective products of Creation?

petosiris

Banned
Yeah, but everyone seems to get different ideas about who this god is and what he wants from us. How do we tell what is right and wrong about this absolute creator.

The Creator has made everything for his glory and men in his image, and with that he has given us free will to decide things for ourselves. God has revealed his word through the Jewish nation, recorded in the Scriptures. Muhammad rejected both the Torah and the Gospels as corrupt (that is he believed that Moses and Jesus received them from God, but they were corrupted afterwards), but we believe that is an unsubstantiated claim and deceivingly rejecting them. Any apostle, person or angel who preacheth another gospel is under the curse of God.

david starling

People who die are not lying waiting for the resurrection. That kind of rigid beliefs really offends me. I had one friends years ago tell me on Xmas eve that my mum isn’t thinking of me cos she’s dead waiting for the resurrection. What a nice friend that was. But besides that, I don’t get how you can make assumptions and believe that. Yes, there’s got to be a creator, but how can anybody say with confidence what happens after death.

The highest form of Comprehension is comprehending that there are matters beyond our comprehension.

AppLeo

The Creator has made everything for his glory and men in his image, and with that he has given us free will to decide things for ourselves. God has revealed his word through the Jewish nation, recorded in the Scriptures. Muhammad rejected both the Torah and the Gospels as corrupt (that is he believed that Moses and Jesus received them from God, but they were corrupted afterwards), but we believe that is an unsubstantiated claim and deceivingly rejecting them. Any apostle, person or angel who preacheth another gospel is under the curse of God.

So we can't tell what is right and wrong about this creator.

petosiris

Banned
So we can't tell what is right and wrong about this creator.

We don't have to tell right from wrong Creator, because we all agree there is only one. You probably meant to say that we can't tell right from wrong prophet/oracle of God. That is difficult, but not impossible, God puts us on a trial to test our faith to him and his commandments (see Deuteronomy 13).