Is law school the right choice for me?

alitasea

Hey, everyone. I'd like some help understanding my chart. :unsure:

I'm in the second year of Law school, though I've three more to go. The thing is, I never really wanted to dedicate my life to that area - I'm only doing so because of parental pressures. Until high school I wanted to do something related to webdesign or architecture. Now I'm not sure I'd pursue something along those lines if I actually quit what I'm already doing, but I don't know.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

2dlufeh.gif

Last edited:

tessitta

hey alitasea,

i am a new member and can't really help in answering your question, but maybe i can give you some inputs why nowbody is answering.

first of all, i can't see your chart because the image file you've uploaded has expired.

in my own thread i posted some insights of artistic talent in natal charts, maybe this helps a little for a first orientation.

i think that you should take your doubts serious! when you never really wanted to dedicate your life in this area and you do it because of parental pressure, i don't have to read your natal chart to tell you: it is your life, your future, if you have the choice - and the choice is yours - take a step back and try to listen to your inner voice.

wish you all the best,
tessitta

alitasea

hey alitasea,

i am a new member and can't really help in answering your question, but maybe i can give you some inputs why nowbody is answering.

first of all, i can't see your chart because the image file you've uploaded has expired.

in my own thread i posted some insights of artistic talent in natal charts, maybe this helps a little for a first orientation.

i think that you should take your doubts serious! when you never really wanted to dedicate your life in this area and you do it because of parental pressure, i don't have to read your natal chart to tell you: it is your life, your future, if you have the choice - and the choice is yours - take a step back and try to listen to your inner voice.

wish you all the best,
tessitta

Thanks for the reply! I didn't see the img was expired, but I uploaded it again.

I've done a little of research in the meantime, and it seems that although my ascendant in Capricorn should favor me in more traditional carreers - government, business, etc. -, my Gemini moon pushes me towards self-expression and creative fulfillments.

Taking your advice in, if I had to listen to my inner voice, I'd probably have to quit what I'm doing right now. But what if I can't find any other future elsewhere?

tessitta

hey alitasea,

in the last days i have studied many natal charts of "artists".

like i see it, the mentioned "artistic pattern" is prominent in your chart:

NEPTUNE in your 1st house (conjunct URANUS = original) trine MOON in 5th house (creativity) trine VENUS, furthermore your 10th house in libra are all clear signs for artistic talent!

i can't answer your last question, but i can ask you, why insinuate to get an answer from something you could not know until you decide to find it out? why not questioning instead, why something you feel is not the right thing for you is worth to continue?

p.s. i am not a native englisch speaker...

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I'm in the second year of Law school, though I've three more to go.
The thing is, I never really wanted to dedicate my life to that area
- I'm only doing so because of parental pressures.
Until high school I wanted to do something related to webdesign or architecture.
Now I'm not sure I'd pursue something along those lines if I actually quit what I'm already doing, but I don't know.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated
:)

2dlufeh.gif
Hey alitasea :smile:
ascendant sign = CAPRICORN
domicile ruler = SATURN, exalted ruler = MARS

MidHeaven/MC/10th sign = LIBRA
domicile ruler = VENUS, Exalted ruler = SATURN

the sign and house locations of these planets provide more information regarding likely careers

tessitta

and please don't get me wrong, i don't want to persuade you to quit your studies or something. i just want to give you some feedback, and maybe some tools - for yourself - to find out, what YOU want to do.

look, i am an artist, and you can belive me when i tell you that i see the arts profession anything but with pink glasses! but it is worth to listen to your inner voice and than decide. of cause you can decide for yourself, to finish your studies, and also deepen your artistic interests. it must not to be the black and white choice, the one or the other. it could be bouth!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

10th sign is linked to career

Your 10th sign is Libra, ruler Venus is located in 9th house

Significations of 9th House include: :smile:

'….Long distance travel, voyages, journeys to unfamiliar environments.
Overseas, foreign countries and distant places.
Foreigners, pilgrims, explorers.
Places and situations where we seek guidance and wisdom from others.
Where we reach out into the unknown in search of widening our knowledge and understanding
Beliefs; the desire to unite with something greater than oneself.
Religion and clergy of any kind. Affairs of the church.
Books, learning, wisdom
scholarships, university
and
all forms of higher education
....'
source: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

Ramesey notes
:

"all manner of students
such as astrologers
physicians
lawyers
and
all students of other good learning altogether" ([AR], bk2. p.108)...'

so there is a link there to being a student of Law

tessitta

but with neptune in the first house conjunct uranus and trine moon in 5th house taurus and trine venus, there is also a link in beening an architect for example. one have to deal with lots of informations, it requires a higher education and a lot of all the things you mentioned for the 9th house. furthermore a vision!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

but with neptune in the first house conjunct uranus and trine moon in 5th house taurus and trine venus,
there is also a link in beening an architect for example.
one have to deal with lots of informations, it requires a higher education and a lot of all the things you mentioned for the 9th house.
furthermore a vision!
Consider also that
Jupiter is in same sign as ascendant and trines Venus :smile:

Significations of Jupiter include:
Judges
Senators,
Councellours,
Ecclesiasticallmen,
Bishops,
Priests
Ministers
Cardinals
Chancellors
Doctors of the Civil Law
Young scholars
and students of University or College
Lawyers

and alitasea mentioned being in the second year of Law School!

I'm in the second year of Law school
though I've three more to go.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated
:)

tessitta

hey JUPITERASC,

do you see no significant potential in beeing an architect for example?

i see some! but probably my understanding is not profund enough to arrogate an interpretation. i am just learning!

JUPITERASC

hey JUPITERASC,

do you see no significant potential in beeing an architect for example?

i see some! but probably my understanding is not profund enough to arrogate an interpretation. i am just learning!
hey tessitta, I'm no expert ~ we are equal because we are all students and we are all just learning
Perhaps alitasea could consider ways to combine Law with Architecture

such as for example
being employed as an Architectural Lawyer ~ There are multiple laws involved with Architecture :smile:
employment as an Architect who works for Lawyers

or possibly
employment as a Lawyer who works for Architects
there are multiple possibilities

alitasea

hey alitasea,

in the last days i have studied many natal charts of "artists".

like i see it, the mentioned "artistic pattern" is prominent in your chart:

NEPTUNE in your 1st house (conjunct URANUS = original) trine MOON in 5th house (creativity) trine VENUS, furthermore your 10th house in libra are all clear signs for artistic talent!

i can't answer your last question, but i can ask you, why insinuate to get an answer from something you could not know until you decide to find it out? why not questioning instead, why something you feel is not the right thing for you is worth to continue?

p.s. i am not a native englisch speaker...

Hey, I'm not a native English speaker either. (I'm from Brazil btw haha).

It's nice to see that my chart promises artistic talent. I've read some pretty funny stuff about the Neptune thing, though: that I have a lot of problems remembering simple stuff, that it's hard for me to be in touch with reality... All of that is very accurate haha. Despite identifying myself as someone who is really drawn to sensory details (MBTI ISFP), I do tend to zone out a lot. And other times I try to focus so hard on living on the present that I lose my grip with reality and it all feels like I'm just in a dream. Talking about dreams, they also mean a lot to me, in a symbolic sort of way.

I also always liked drawing, but in the past 4 years I pretty much gave up on it due to anxiety, depression, etc. In my last year of high school I had the opportunity to take a prep course for architecture, but since I was not in touch with my abilities, I thought it would be a waste of my time. So I tried my hardest to get in a decent law school: I occupied my time with Algebra and Physics instead. To be honest, I'm scared of drawing nowadays, because it represented a significant part of my life for so long, and I don't think I can fully dedicate myself to it again. Drawing used to be something I did for fun, but then it became my only source of self-confidence and pride. So I left it behind, to see if I could find something else to help me channel my emotions and find any sort of fulfillment in life. I tried reading, but I don't have much time for it. And I don't feel comfortable writing, either because I lack any good ideas or because I'm afraid of being grammatically incorrect.

I think, though, I'm more preoccupied with what other people who have had a great impact on my life through harsh criticism would think of me. Every time I try to do something for myself I unwillingly picture them sneering at me, belittling my hardest efforts to make the most of my fleeting existence. I feel like I need to find something to make me feel meaningful, but I just can't.

Well, I think I was kinda wrong when I said I was in law school because of parental pressures. It was also because I wanted to see if I could stop needing to find a creative, personal way to help me get through life. My ambitious side could see myself in a position of power, not caring for other people's recognition or help. I would be independent, and never have to rely on my parents again. Anyone else but myself. So by abandoning my previous plans on becoming a web designer or an architect, I would be throwing away everything that made me feel weak and miserable, and perhaps start anew as someone who mattered on their own.

In this process, unfortunately, I isolated myself from everyone. And even in law school, I can't find peace. I feel like a huge part of me is missing, and it's all my fault. But what can I do? I'm in my 4th semester (in a 10 semesters course), and I still rely on my parents for everything. If I simply left the course I'm sure they would stop supporting me financially, and I've no way of fending for myself now. Not in this economy anyways. And I'm sure I'd feel like a loser. I've sacrificed so much to be where I am right now - shouldn't I just keep pushing myself forward and stop whining, like everyone else does? There's also the possibility I might never find another good opportunity like this again.

Sorry for the big big rant, but it just came out this way. (Funny, because I usually don't have much to say).

alitasea

10th sign is linked to career

Your 10th sign is Libra, ruler Venus is located in 9th house

Significations of 9th House include: :smile:

'….Long distance travel, voyages, journeys to unfamiliar environments.
Overseas, foreign countries and distant places.
Foreigners, pilgrims, explorers.
Places and situations where we seek guidance and wisdom from others.
Where we reach out into the unknown in search of widening our knowledge and understanding
Beliefs; the desire to unite with something greater than oneself.
Religion and clergy of any kind. Affairs of the church.
Books, learning, wisdom
scholarships, university
and
all forms of higher education
....'
source: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h9.html

Ramesey notes
:

"all manner of students
such as astrologers
physicians
lawyers
and
all students of other good learning altogether" ([AR], bk2. p.108)...'

Consider also that
Jupiter is in same sign as ascendant and trines Venus :smile:

Significations of Jupiter include:
Judges
Senators,
Councellours,
Ecclesiasticallmen,
Bishops,
Priests
Ministers
Cardinals
Chancellors
Doctors of the Civil Law
Young scholars
and students of University or College
Lawyers

and alitasea mentioned being in the second year of Law School!

I confessed to a friend another day that if I could choose, I'd much rather be a medieval monk. Their lives were so peaceful in the countryside, spending their days in worship and tirelessly working on manuscripts. Plus, there's the bonus of being immersed in a spiritually secure environment; I mean, knowing what's going to happen to you after you die.

If I ever finish law school, I think I might study to become a judge. Not because I think I'm up to the task, but because it promises a similar way of life, and I'd also be recognized as an important member of society. I'm worried, though, I'd be stuck in an office the whole day, for many years of my life, and I'd miss many opportunities to see the world and meet different people. Oh dear.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I confessed to a friend another day that

if I could choose, I'd much rather be a medieval monk.

Their lives were so peaceful in the countryside, spending their days in worship and tirelessly working on manuscripts.
Plus, there's the bonus of being immersed in a spiritually secure environment;
I mean, knowing what's going to happen to you after you die.
That confession to your friend is remarkably interesting
given that Abu Bakr
full name: Abu Bakr al-Hassan ibn al-Khasib [lat. Albubather]
an Arab astrologer and physician
who lived in 9th century
wrote an astrological work in 4 parts,
of which the 3rd part “On Nativities
was most popular throughout medieval period [lat. ‘De Nativitatibus].
and Abu Bakr said

"If Venus were in the 9th house

and
in her own domicile

or exaltation

the native will be a famous hermit
and
this most strongly
if Jupiter aspected by a good aspect" source: Abu Bakr ON NATIVITIES
http://www.bendykes.com/persians.php#t4

If I ever finish law school, I think I might study to become a judge.
Not because I think I'm up to the task, but because it promises a similar way of life,
and I'd also be recognized as an important member of society.
I'm worried, though, I'd be stuck in an office the whole day, for many years of my life,
and I'd miss many opportunities to see the world and meet different people. Oh dear.
Billions of people are 'stuck in offices all day'
for each of those billions of people
a day is a day
yet not all are equally rewarded financially.
A Judges earnings are considerable.

Perhaps an ideal career combination could be: a monk who is also an Architect and a Judge
:smile:

alitasea

That confession to your friend is remarkably interesting
given that Abu Bakr
full name: Abu Bakr al-Hassan ibn al-Khasib [lat. Albubather]
an Arab astrologer and physician
who lived in 9th century
wrote an astrological work in 4 parts,
of which the 3rd part “On Nativities
was most popular throughout medieval period [lat. ‘De Nativitatibus].
and Abu Bakr said

"If Venus were in the 9th house

and
in her own domicile

or exaltation

the native will be a famous hermit
and
this most strongly
if Jupiter aspected by a good aspect" source: Abu Bakr ON NATIVITIES
http://www.bendykes.com/persians.php#t4

I remember now I told my friend that another reason why I'd very much like to be a monk is so that I can study Latin all day and actually be rewarded for it, haha.

tessitta

hey alitasea,

yes, things are often more complicate; )

i like to see the big picture, although i am obsessed with details; )
everything relates to another thing. the details are important. connecting them to a greater picture and we get the problem (mathematically seen). to solve a problem, we have to recognize the problem...

my gradma always told me: "we should not forget, to do what we have come to do!"

Last edited:

alitasea

removed post

Hey, I'm sorry for not being able to reply before. I remember you said some interesting things too; one thing that struck me was that I had the potential to achieve notoriety, both in a good or bad sense (I think it had to do with Mercury in Scorpio)? What does that mean?

teafortwo

I'm not a good enough astrologer to look at your chart and say "Yes, this is your destined path." Do you enjoy law school? If you don't enjoy law school have you worked in the legal field and like it? If you haven't really thought about dedicating your life to it but maybe you really enjoy it now ...then, why not? My thoughts are that someone who truly enjoys being a lawyer would have mercury very prominent or strong in the chart, in addition to a strong saturn because law is very traditionalist and you're gonna have to deal with that, and mars and/or venus dignified in the chart - in its own sign, on an angle, or influencing career/communications. These are some trends I've picked up on browsing charts of lawyers. Also, many lawyer charts I've looked at have an aspect between mars and saturn. It may actually be not a bad choice for you.

I'm not sure where you're going to law school... not in the United States since law school here is generally three years and I'm not sure what the legal system is in your country (common law or civil law?). But, I think that for law school to really be the "right" choice for anybody they would need to a) really enjoy working meticulously with minor details and researching the correct principles and applying such pre-existing principles to given sets of facts and b) be a very good writer, enjoy writing and especially enjoy very technical writing (since mostly you write) and c) enjoy hearing people's problems and solving problems and d)enjoy confrontation and being a work a holic. Also, law is a service industry and you are going to be dealing with frustrated,irritated, unhappy, pushy people all the time..

Good luck.

Last edited: