Interesting theory on the degrees

gimzo23

I have contacted the author, Mr. Stojanovic, about the issues we were discussing in this thread, and he quickly replied and was so kind to send me original excerpts about it from his soon to be released new book.

Mr. Stojanovic kindly gave me the permission to post his email replies on this board here.

So, here are the original replies by Mr. Stojanovic to the email I sent him:

Dear ......, (I'm leaving out my real name here as it is not important)

First of all, thanks for your compliments. Although I have received lots of compliments from all over the world, it is always nice to hear(read) a new one.
Here in Serbia where astrology has become almost national hobby, many of astrologers and astrology lovers use my degree theory in their practice work - astrology readings.
My degree theory is still not known in the West but my book has been translated into English and should come out in London this year.

I will send you the chapter of my book where you can find answers to your questions tomorrow ....I cant send it now, for the translation of my book is not in my home computer--it is in my office computer....
I suggest you to read articles at my site...there you will find the way how to understand and use my degree theory...It is very simple and helpful to gain much more information when reading any astrology chart, not to mention rectification of any chart...

Regards
Nikola Stojanovic
www.astrologyinserbia.com

Last edited:

gimzo23

Unfortunately I can't seem to post his long second email with the original excerpts about the 0° degree from his book. When I do copy and paste the text it doesn't take the whole text and just cuts off in the middle. I can't seem to post it in several posts either.

I've read about a restriction of 100 words when quoting. Mabe this applies here, I don't know. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Otherwise I might try uploading and attaching it as a doc file when I have time later, if there is no way to post the whole thing here.

Last edited:

Amphitrite

gimzo23 said:
Unfortunately I can't seem to post his long second email with the original excerpts about the 0° degree from his book. When I do copy and paste the text it doesn't take the whole text and just cuts off in the middle. I can't seem to post it in several posts either.

I've read about a restriction of 100 words when quoting. Mabe this applies here, I don't know. If anyone has any idea, please let me know. Otherwise I might try uploading and attaching it as a doc file when I have time later, if there is no way to post the whole thing here.

Gimzo, you can always send the material that Mr. Stojanovic sent you, to one of the moderators. I am sure they'll know what to do.;)

gimzo23

I finally got it to work. :D I tried it by copying the email text into the Word program and copied it from there again to paste it here. For some reason this seemed to work. It's not in the original display anymore though, so it might be a little harder to read, but now that I finally got it to work I'm not doctoring with it any furthur....

So, just to make sure again. The following text is an excerpt of a book by the Serbian Astrologer Nikola Stojanovic about his theory on the degrees. He kindly gave me the permission to copy and paste it here in this thread for others who are interested in it to read.

DEFINING THE POSITION OF A PLANET AT A DEGREE

Defining the position of a planet at a degree is very simple. One need only look for a degree at which a certain planet occurs (minutes and seconds are not important). Therefore, if, for example, Mercury occurs at 1° 00' 00'', it occurs at the first degree with the influence of the first sign of Aries. Similarly, if Mercury or any other planet is at 1° 59' 59'', Mercury will still be at the first degree. Consequently, the degrees do not have the orbit of influence. Thus:
· If a planet (or a cusp of a house) is at the zero (0°) degree of any zodiac sign, it is placed between 0° 00' 00'' and 0° 59' 59''.
· If a planet (or a cusp of a house) is at the first degree of any zodiac sign, it is placed between 1° 00' 00'' and 1° 59' 59''.
· If a planet (or a cusp of a house) is at the second degree of any zodiac sign, it is placed between 2° 00' 00'' and 2° 59' 59''.
And so on ...
THE ZERO DEGREE OF EACH ZODIAC SIGN
Researching the zodiac degrees, it did not take me long to realize that a particular degree corresponds to a particular zodiac sign: the first degree (from 1° to 1° 59') has the symbolism of Aries, the second degree (from 2° to 2° 59') the symbolism of the second Taurus sign, and so on. However, the secret of the zerodegree (from 0° to 0° 59’) of any sign remained unsolved. For months I tried to fathom that secret, but in vain.. until one day when a secret of the zero degree of each zodiac sign was revealed to me. On August 20 1998 (18:00, EDT+4, 77W02, 38N53) the US government decided to launch two cruise missiles on two countries, Afghanistan and Sudan . The missile launched on Sudan hit a pharmaceuticals factory.
Let us consider the horoscope of this incident: Mars is at the zero degree of Leo in exact opposition to Neptune at the zero degree of Aquarius. In astrology, Mars symbolizes an attack, aggression and war, while Neptune symbolizes drugs, among other things. What happened in that incident? An entity with supreme military power (the United States ) bombed a pharmaceuticals factory. Hence, Mars at the zero degree of Leo indicates someone who has supreme power (Leo) demonstrated by aggression (Mars); in this act, a missile destroyed a pharmaceuticals factory ( Neptune ) (Aquarius/Uranus).
So, Neptune at the zero degree of Aquarius tells us that the pharmaceuticals factory ( Neptune ) was destroyed in the explosion of a missile during the bombing (Aquarius/Uranus). This incident helped me understand the real meaning of the zero degree: The zero degree symbolizes the emphasized essential features of each sign. Thus, the zero degree of Leo symbolizes all the essential features of the Leo sign: power, authority, supreme power, while the zero degree of Aquarius symbolizes all the essential features of that sign: explosion, bomb, bombing, missiles.. Just as there are 12 signs of the zodiac circle, so there are 12 zero degrees.
The zero degree (0°) of Cancer has all the basic features of that sign: to be emotional, water, need for water, to be a patriot, to stay at home, house, attached to one’s family, attached to one’s mother, to remain in one’s place of birth, the human race, people, nations..
The Turks were the first to carry out acts of genocide against the Armenian people in the 20th century. On 24 April 1915 at around 8pm, mass arrests and executions of Armenians began in Istanbul . According to some estimates, approximately two million Armenians were killed. Let us look at the horoscope of the commencement of the genocide against the Armenian people (24 April 1915, Istanbul , 20:02, EET-2, 28E58, 41N01). The ascendant is at the worst of each 18th degree - at the18th degree of Scorpio; Pluto, the ruler of the ascendant, is in the eighth house (death) at the zero degree of Cancer. Pluto symbolizes mass executions and sufferings, and the zero degree of Cancer symbolizes the essential characteristics of that sign: the Moon, ruler of Cancer, also rules people/the human race. Thus, the zero degree of Cancer symbolizes people, human race, peoples and nations. Therefore, Pluto (mass executions, assassinations) at the zero degree of Cancer (mankind, people) resulted in genocide (Pluto) against a nation (the zero degree of Cancer).
The horoscope of Rose Kennedy (22 July 1890, 18:00, EST+5, 71W03, 42N21) is a very good example of the zero degree of Leo. Her fifth house (children) starts in Gemini. Neptune and Pluto (abundance) are in her fifth house and thus she gave birth to many children. Mercury, the ruler of her fifth house, is in the seventh house of politics and consequently, many of her children were engaged in politics. Mercury is in Leo conjunction Sun, hence her children rose to power and took ruling positions in politics. However, Mercury together with the Sun (the supreme power) is at the zero degree of Leo and, due to the influence of the zero degree (the supreme power, authority, president), one of her children, John F Kennedy, became president of her country. How was it that he of all her children became president? It is because Mercury and the Sun are at the zero degree of Leo, which means that the president of the country (0°of Leo - a leader, a president) will be one of her children born under the sign ruled by Mercury (Gemini or Virgo). As we know, John F Kennedy was born under Gemini. However, as much as the position of her Mercury and the Sun at the zero degree brought John the presidential position, Pluto (death, killing) conjunction Neptune (plots, assassinations) in her fifth house (children) resulted in his assassination in the streets (Gemini) of Dallas . As Gemini is a dual sign, another of her children, Robert Kennedy, lost his life in an astrologically similar way: as the result of a plot, he was assassinated in a hotel ( Neptune ) stairwell (Gemini) while delivering a speech.
One of my clients (24 August 1971, Belgrade , 20E30, 44N50, 11:30 AM, CET-1) has the Sun (vitality, to be healthy) at 0° of Virgo and is constantly worried about his health (Virgo - health/illness).
There are many examples for the influence of the zero degree of the signs. For example, one of my female clients, born on 27 September 1968 (11:14AM, CET-1, 18E56, 42N47), has Venus, the ruler of the sixth house (health) at the zero degree of Scorpio (surgeries), and has had to have her thyroid gland (ruled by Venus) operated on (zero degree of Scorpio). The cusp of her eighth house (surgery) starts at the 12th degree of Cancer, and thus she kept the operation (the eighth house) a secret (12th degree has the symbolism of Pisces - to keep a secret) from her mother (the eighth house in Cancer - the ruler: the Moon - mother).
One of my students (4 December 1954, 21:05, CET-1, 20E25, 44N51) has the Moon (mother) at zero degrees of Aries (to construct, to build). She says: "My mother can never get enough of constructing and building; she would build 500 houses if she could.." In addition, the Moon trines Jupiter (abundance).
The United States , and the rest of the world, well remembers 24 October 1929 (11:15 AM, EST+5, New York , 74W00, 40N43), the day when the New York stock market crashed. The day was nicknamed 'Black Thursday' because it was the beginning of a great depression, with much misery and poverty. The ascendant of that event is at the zero degree of Capricorn, having all the essential characteristics of that sign - misery, sadness, depression, darkness.
A client's son (22 December 1985, Belgrade , 20E30, 44N50, 20:15, CET-1) has the Sun in his fifth house (the things we like) at the zero degree of Capricorn. My client says of her son: "He likes black men so much that he has even begun to dress the way they do." The Sun rules his ascendant (face, appearance) and so he wishes to resemble black men (zero degree of Capricorn - Capricorn rules the black race); the Sun is in his fifth house, hence he likes (the fifth house) black men (the zero degree of Capricorn).
Our great scientist Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856, Smiljan, 15E17, 44N34, 0047 AM, CET) has the cusp of the 10th house (MC) at the zero degree of Aquarius, and gained great fame and success (the 10th house) within the symbolism of the zero degree of Aquarius - electricity, discoveries, inventions, brilliant mind. His Uranus, the ruler of the 10th house, is at the 23rd degree of Taurus, and this particular degree has the symbolism of Aquarius, lending special powers to his Uranus.
Nikola Stojanovic
www.astrologyinserbia.com

Last edited:

gimzo23

Amphitrite said:
Gimzo, you can always send the material that Mr. Stojanovic sent you, to one of the moderators. I am sure they'll know what to do.;)

Thank you Amphitrite :) I finally got it to work now. But if I didn't, your message would have been very helpful, as I didn't think about this.

So, thanks and cheers.

EJ53

Banned
Ok, (I think) he's saying that a planet at zero degrees is the absolute embodiment of the sign it is in.......totally aries/taurus/gemini/etc.

My guess is that (as always) this degree theory doesn't tell us anything that we cannot find from the chart in other ways.......but it's quicker, because it goes straight to the heart of each issue.

EJ:)

[Edited to remove personal data]

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
While the whole theory sounds interesting, I have to disagree with it over the idea that there is really no "zero" degree, it's just how it's written, Saying there's a 0 degree is like saying there's nothing there, when obviously it's the first degree of any sign. That may be just semantics, though, as the idea of the degrees working like that could still work, I just disagree with basing the idea off of a label that didn't exist until probably the last one hundred years. I also find it imbalanced and perhaps a bit impractical. There are already about fifty ways to divide up the signs.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. :)

EJ53

Banned
I also regard 0-0.59.59 as the first degree rather than zero Kai but, as you say, that doesn't affect the potential validity of his theory.....and it is interesting/worth looking into

But, it's 29=Leo then 0=Next sign that I have a problem with......Maybe it symbolises spiraling up to the next sign when we free ourselves from the ego in the current sign....Once around the sign to experience what's required of us; around a second time to confirm our understanding and up Leo on the third cycle to show that we've mastered it/released our ego attachments to the sign......But that would then suggest the first/second/third location of each degree would differ in quality......For example, 1st degree = Aries/Warmonger; 13th degree = Aries/Aggressive and 25th degree = Aries/Assertive.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Echo! :p You pretty much said the same thing I did, EJ.

I think your "free ourselves from the ego" idea is giving him an idea. :p I don't think he has logic for doing it that way, it seems more of a "just because that's how it ended up", and like I said, it looks rather sloppy and hashed, apparently placing much more importance on the first four signs of the zodiac, as they appear in his theory twelve more times than the others.

death

http://www.astrologyinserbia.comthat was all really cool!

i was wondering, if any experienced astrologers wanna help out; my aries moon is at 0.44 and my mars in taurus is in 0.51...would you think these are relevent/if so would it mean that they are just extremely true to the sign? or just spot on or somethin, etc?

EJ53

Banned
Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Echo! :p You pretty much said the same thing I did, EJ.

That's because I agreed with you Kai.:p

I think your "free ourselves from the ego" idea is giving him an idea. :p I don't think he has logic for doing it that way, it seems more of a "just because that's how it ended up", and like I said, it looks rather sloppy and hashed, apparently placing much more importance on the first four signs of the zodiac, as they appear in his theory twelve more times than the others.

And, I agree with you here too........(sigh):D

Death said:
...my aries moon is at 0.44 and my mars in taurus is in 0.51...would you think these are relevent/if so would it mean that they are just extremely true to the sign

The theory is that planets at zero degrees are extremely true to the sign, Death.......so, perhaps emotionally expressive (Aries Moon) and stubborn (Mars in Taurus).

Last edited:

death

EJ53 said:
That's because I agreed with you Kai.:p

And, I agree with you here too........(sigh):D

The theory is that planets at zero degrees are extremely true to the sign, Death.......so, perhaps emotionally expressive (Aries Moon) and stubborn (Mars in Taurus).

haha id definitely say so, and so did my friend when i asked him if he thought it was true. thanks!

gimzo23

Well, maybe I should start telling my 0° Leo sun about this theory. It could learn a lot about how to act and behave more fittingly to its nature....
But there seem to be some stronger overshadowing factors weighing in on this in my chart, I guess.

Amphitrite

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
I don't think he has logic for doing it that way, it seems more of a "just because that's how it ended up", and like I said, it looks rather sloppy and hashed, apparently placing much more importance on the first four signs of the zodiac, as they appear in his theory twelve more times than the others.
Mr. Stojanovic's theory has been confirmed throughout his long astrology practice.
Many other professional astrologers are also using this method,since it was discovered, ten years ago.
All the texts, his and of his students, at Mr. Stojanovic's site, are based on that theory...as well as his numerous accurate prognoses...

My advice is that you don't ponder about the theory itself, use it in your work.
As the result, you will be able to interpret astrology charts with much more details, and accuracy.

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
Amphitrite said:
...My advice is that you don't ponder about the theory itself, use it in your work....

That seems to be a reasonable suggestion Amphitrite........Does it mean we need to buy his book though?..........And how do you know so much about him/his work?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Mr. Stojanovic's theory has been confirmed throughout his long astrology practice.

Things don't work "just because" and things certainly aren't "confirmed" through practice. If the philosophy and mechanics don't work, the theory doesn't work.

That's all I have to say on the matter, anyway.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Amphitrite

EJ53 said:
That seems to be a reasonable suggestion Amphitrite........Does it mean we need to buy his book though?..........And how do you know so much about him/his work?

You don't have to buy the books to understand how the theory is functioning. ;)
I stumbled accidentally on Mr. Stojanovic site, while browsing through Google.
That was enough for me (reading all what was there to read), to rectify my own Ascendant degree using his theory, as well as the cusps of the rest of my horoscope. Basically, his site is enough..of course, that depends from the person to person.
Somebody will need to read only his site, somebody, his books, or someone will have to go to his school.
I always wanted to go to an astrology school- to satisfy mu eternal thirst for knowledge, and love for astrology...I went to his school (in Serbian language) and, have also read his books (in Serbian language), and I find that his theory is absolutely essential in practicing astrology.:)

EJ53

Banned
Amphitrite said:

I stumbled accidentally on Mr. Stojanovic site, while browsing through Google.......
..I went to his school (in Serbian language) and, have also read his books (in Serbian language)....

Ah Amphitrite, you are a student of his............Can you please explain for us the parts of his "degree theory" that we are struggling to understand on this thread?.........That will indeed mean that I do not need to buy his forthcoming book.....So, thank you in advance for your help with this.

Amphitrite

EJ53 said:
Ah Amphitrite, you are a student of his............That will indeed mean that I do not need to buy his forthcoming book.....So, thank you in advance for your help with this.EJ:)

Will one buy his books it is solely a matter of personal choice.
But one has to know, that there are much more material in his books, then on his site..., naturally!
I have been practicing astrology as a hobby for 17 years now, and have bought tons of books from around the world (in English, in Italian).
But, only when I read his work, and went to his school, astrology became completely clear to me. His method is special, simple, practical, and very exact.
His books have only about 150-190 pages, I read one of his books, in one night...and what is most important, they are full of practical, astrology, knowledge. On the other hand, I've bought Noel Tyl's book, that has more then 1000 pages, and still haven't finished to read....:D
It is a pity that his school is only on Serbian language, so, only the inhabitants of ex Yugoslavia can be his students.