Karmapa stressed that,
"In general, meditation is for taming the mind, getting know our-self better
in order to change our behavior.
So, meditation can be regarded
as a tool in changing our motivation and behavior."

54435141_10157129442699711_1442357890395406336_n.jpg

Blaze

Account Closed
Glad to see this thread is still around.

Meditation or Raja Yoga, has proven to be quite....no-thing. That's right, its been no-thing, so don't expect anything from it. :tongue:

But on that note, I find it hard to discuss the....way of things that happen with long meditation practices combined with fasting. Not just because there aren't many people who meditate, but simply because experience is so personal a thing that sharing it becomes near impossible. It puts people in that obtuse situation of "believe me, believe me not" and that's no fun at all.

Speaking of belief, faith is not easy to create. Saturn sits in my 9th house though, so this isn't so shocking a problem for me, haha. I'll figure it out.

morgthm

Dave, are you taking about an unquestioning of wisdom due to the credentials of a source or is it more along the lines of relief gained from joining a cult that are trying to bully you into submission.
Id imagine that bullying techniques would work better variant upon natal alignment, but maybe some astrological positions push more towards trusting others or as a gift for faster source validation

david starling

Dave, are you taking about an unquestioning of wisdom due to the credentials of a source or is it more along the lines of relief gained from joining a cult that are trying to bully you into submission.
Id imagine that bullying techniques would work better variant upon natal alignment, but maybe some astrological positions push more towards trusting others or as a gift for faster source validation

Faith in astrology is a good place to start.

morgthm

I think that to not notice difference in feeling from season to season or person to person, you'd have to be quite young or not in control of yourself.
I kind of built hard walls around myself as a child and it's when they got broken into that I started to lose motivation.
I'm not sure that fatalism rather than helpful information and spiritual help is enough to get people back in full control of themselves

Last edited:

morgthm

Facilitating faith and motivation for others who have a lack in those areas is a noble effort.
It's not the worst of them but for me, personally, if you were talking about faith just in a religion or in accepting the the 'universe' is just going to do its thing seems to cause a sense of malaise.
There may well be forces at play above and within us but our intention and spiritual will and doing can alter what may be otherwise inherently degrading effects.
Are you speaking of faith in astrology, that pointing out to people the constant and variant sources of different perceptions and drives seemingly from within us are infact currently affecting our spirits or were you pointing towards religion?
I personally see the modern day usage of the word universe as not pertaining to an inherent causality from stars but as an inference towards submitting to the spiritual actions of others