Progressed Venus Square Saturn- Trouble with love/money

Libra1012

https://ibb.co/3RJCY9L

Hello,

In 2018 I talked to an astrologer and she told me my progressed Venus squares Saturn and for the next 3-4 years love/relationships and money wouldn’t be great. So far, money and dating have been awful and I’m supposed to have this progression through 2022.

I just started a business and have a business partner, money has been very slow coming in and I’ve hit the pause button on dating.

Do I have any transits happening that could soften this progression or help improve my situation? I’m hoping for success with my business partner and to improve my financial situation, would also love to meet someone and get married but I’m feeling a little hopeless. Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

IleneK

Premium Member
I don't see a contact from benefic Venus, either by progression or transit to any body, as being problematic or unfavorable. Even a square from Venus is not bad news.

Perhaps you might would go back to astro.com and create a natal with the transits + progressions for us to see? That way we could see more clearly what is going on?

Libra1012

I don't see a contact from benefic Venus, either by progression or transit to any body, as being problematic or unfavorable. Even a square from Venus is not bad news.

Perhaps you might would go back to astro.com and create a natal with the transits + progressions for us to see? That way we could see more clearly what is going on?

Thank you for that! I couldn’t find too much info on it when I was searching. I ran another chart with transits and progressions.
https://ibb.co/QKTz3dq

Osamenor

Staff member
In 2018 I talked to an astrologer and she told me my progressed Venus squares Saturn and for the next 3-4 years love/relationships and money wouldn’t be great.
That's kind of a lazy way out. Venus is considered the natural ruler of the second house (money, personal possessions) and the seventh (relationship/partnership) because of their vibes with Taurus and Libra, respectively. However, Venus in your personal chart has the most say over the house it's placed in and the houses with their cusps in Taurus and Libra. More often than not, that's different from the second and seventh.

In your case, Venus does rule the second house - cusp in Libra - but not the seventh, and it's not placed in either of those houses. Still, though, progressed Venus squaring natal Saturn isn't where I'd expect to see much in the way of Saturn problems (slowness, delay, that kind of thing). Transiting Saturn squaring natal Venus, or perhaps sitting on progressed Venus, would be more likely to have that effect.

Since you have so many placements in late Libra, and they happen to be in your second house, you've had that sector of your chart really walloped in the last couple of years, with the square in 2020 - early 2021 from Saturn/Jupiter/Pluto in Capricorn. Financial issues may correlate with that.

I just started a business and have a business partner, money has been very slow coming in and I’ve hit the pause button on dating.
If you just started the business, of course money is slow coming in. New businesses almost never start making money that fast. It usually takes three to five years to start turning a profit.

Slowness and pause buttons are Saturn, but progressed Venus square Saturn wouldn't be the cause. Look at what else Saturn's doing with transits and progressions in your chart.

On the benevolent side, Saturn is about taking it slow and getting it right the first time, and stopping to re-evaluate when a situation isn't working for you. Are you taking care to set up your business right? That's a Saturn gift. Stopping dating because it wasn't working out for you? Also a Saturn gift.

Do I have any transits happening that could soften this progression or help improve my situation? I’m hoping for success with my business partner and to improve my financial situation, would also love to meet someone and get married but I’m feeling a little hopeless. Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated!

For relationship issues, the first place to look is your seventh house and its ruler(s). Since Venus is not the ruler of your seventh house and not placed in your seventh house, its transits and progressions wouldn't have such a direct effect on your love life, although they can make some general statement about how you yourself are currently seeing, and approaching, Venusian things. For how your seventh house sector is going, look to Jupiter. Neptune may fill in a few additional details, as the modern ruler of your seventh.

From your last birthday until your upcoming one, you have Jupiter as your time lord. That highlights the topics of the second, fourth, and seventh houses for you, because your natal Jupiter is in the second and it rules your fourth and seventh.

If you were having issues with money and relationships to begin with, they're in sharp relief right now, and probably extra difficult because at your last solar return, Jupiter was in Capricorn, its detriment sign, which greatly constricts its expansive energy. That gives it less power to help you out in those areas. It's kind of like having a nice boss at a dysfunctional company with a grandboss who undermines them at every turn: the boss can try to make your life easier, but their hands are mostly tied.

That also means those things move with the slowness of Capricorn. On your upcoming birthday, your time lord will change to Saturn, and the highlighted houses will shift, although since Saturn is also in your natal second, that leaves the second house highlighted. Saturn currently being in Aquarius gives it some extra power to help you out - Aquarius being a traditional domicile of Saturn - and Aquarius brings out the lighter side, if you can call it that, of Saturn. This next year could be a time when, if you've managed your business right, the finances start looking more solid.

Last edited:

Libra1012

That's kind of a lazy way out. Venus is considered the natural ruler of the second house (money, personal possessions) and the seventh (relationship/partnership) because of their vibes with Taurus and Libra, respectively. However, Venus in your personal chart has the most say over the house it's placed in and the houses with their cusps in Taurus and Libra. More often than not, that's different from the second and seventh.

In your case, Venus does rule the second house - cusp in Libra - but not the seventh, and it's not placed in either of those houses. Still, though, progressed Venus squaring natal Saturn isn't where I'd expect to see much in the way of Saturn problems (slowness, delay, that kind of thing). Transiting Saturn squaring natal Venus, or perhaps sitting on progressed Venus, would be more likely to have that effect.

Since you have so many placements in late Libra, and they happen to be in your second house, you've had that sector of your chart really walloped in the last couple of years, with the square in 2020 - early 2021 from Saturn/Jupiter/Pluto in Capricorn. Financial issues may correlate with that.

If you just started the business, of course money is slow coming in. New businesses almost never start making money that fast. It usually takes three to five years to start turning a profit.

Slowness and pause buttons are Saturn, but progressed Venus square Saturn wouldn't be the cause. Look at what else Saturn's doing with transits and progressions in your chart.

On the benevolent side, Saturn is about taking it slow and getting it right the first time, and stopping to re-evaluate when a situation isn't working for you. Are you taking care to set up your business right? That's a Saturn gift. Stopping dating because it wasn't working out for you? Also a Saturn gift.

For relationship issues, the first place to look is your seventh house and its ruler(s). Since Venus is not the ruler of your seventh house and not placed in your seventh house, its transits and progressions wouldn't have such a direct effect on your love life, although they can make some general statement about how you yourself are currently seeing, and approaching, Venusian things. For how your seventh house sector is going, look to Jupiter. Neptune may fill in a few additional details, as the modern ruler of your seventh.

From your last birthday until your upcoming one, you have Jupiter as your time lord. That highlights the topics of the second, fourth, and seventh houses for you, because your natal Jupiter is in the second and it rules your fourth and seventh.

If you were having issues with money and relationships to begin with, they're in sharp relief right now, and probably extra difficult because at your last solar return, Jupiter was in Capricorn, its detriment sign, which greatly constricts its expansive energy. That gives it less power to help you out in those areas. It's kind of like having a nice boss at a dysfunctional company with a grandboss who undermines them at every turn: the boss can try to make your life easier, but their hands are mostly tied.

That also means those things move with the slowness of Capricorn. On your upcoming birthday, your time lord will change to Saturn, and the highlighted houses will shift, although since Saturn is also in your natal second, that leaves the second house highlighted. Saturn currently being in Aquarius gives it some extra power to help you out - Aquarius being a traditional domicile of Saturn - and Aquarius brings out the lighter side, if you can call it that, of Saturn. This next year could be a time when, if you've managed your business right, the finances start looking more solid.

Thank you so much for this! The last few years have been extremely difficult, but it pushed me to do some course correcting, hence starting a business. I think after so many setbacks though I became a bit jaded and felt like I’d never see light at the end of the tunnel.

The business has been progressing slowly, but that’s our own doing. We want to do it the right way, we’re taking our time to build a strong foundation so we’re still standing years from now. For now I’ve decided to move in with a friend to help me save money on rent.

Thank you for mentioning the Saturn gifts, I often forget about those when things feel heavy.

I’ve definitely felt the slowness of Capricorn. Very much looking forward to a change!

Thank you again for your input, very much appreciated! 🙏🏼

Osamenor

Staff member
We want to do it the right way, we’re taking our time to build a strong foundation so we’re still standing years from now. For now I’ve decided to move in with a friend to help me save money on rent.

In these two sentences, you've described workings of your seventh house, and they're well functioning workings. You and your business partner agree on building a strong foundation for the business. You've entered a partnership with your friend - sharing a home - to cut your living costs.

Foundations and home are both fourth house. See the link between your fourth house and your seventh?

Sounds like your seventh house is working fine. Your problems with dating are probably specific to the way you've been going about dating. If that's an ongoing thing, not just a situational thing - relationships have really never gone well for you - my first thought would be that you may be approaching romance in a way that doesn't fit your real needs. That would take a more in depth exploration of your chart than I can really do on a discussion board.

Other possibilities would be that your seventh house is extra challenged, no matter what, although I really don't see that in your chart, and having other areas of your seventh house function well suggest that's not the case. Or that this is situational: if you've had an especially toxic relationship, or been through a bad breakup, you could be emotionally stuck on that, which would adversely affect your ability to have a good relationship. If that's the case, then healing work around that is in order.

Libra1012

In these two sentences, you've described workings of your seventh house, and they're well functioning workings. You and your business partner agree on building a strong foundation for the business. You've entered a partnership with your friend - sharing a home - to cut your living costs.

Foundations and home are both fourth house. See the link between your fourth house and your seventh?

Sounds like your seventh house is working fine. Your problems with dating are probably specific to the way you've been going about dating. If that's an ongoing thing, not just a situational thing - relationships have really never gone well for you - my first thought would be that you may be approaching romance in a way that doesn't fit your real needs. That would take a more in depth exploration of your chart than I can really do on a discussion board.

Other possibilities would be that your seventh house is extra challenged, no matter what, although I really don't see that in your chart, and having other areas of your seventh house function well suggest that's not the case. Or that this is situational: if you've had an especially toxic relationship, or been through a bad breakup, you could be emotionally stuck on that, which would adversely affect your ability to have a good relationship. If that's the case, then healing work around that is in order.

I think it’s very much the way I’ve gone about dating, you are correct, I’ve approached romance in a way that doesn’t fit my needs. I was married and got divorced when I was 30. I did everything the way everyone else wanted me too, it took me a very long time to get the confidence to start advocating for myself.

It seemed that when I did advocate for myself I was punished, told I was wrong, or people would leave- so people pleasing became the way to keep everyone happy, to my own detriment of course. The past few years I’ve actually worked with horrible bosses, they were extremely toxic environments and while I hated the experience, I think it took something that harsh to wake me up- and a good bit of time to recover.

I’ve spent a few years in therapy, I’ve distanced myself from certain people, and have gone on some dates with some great men that are clear communicators, emotionally mature, and know what they want- very different from what I’m used to! Lol Unfortunately, I knew they weren’t going to be long term matches and I was proud of communicating that, but I needed a bit of a break.

I definitely notice a difference in the type of people I now surround myself with and have gone on dates with, and even the decisions I’ve made for myself. Happy with the overall life improvements and hoping to meet my match soon.