Natal Indicators of Sexual Addiction/ Obsession in Horoscope.

Veronica

Okay I was looking online on what natal indicators aspects/ sign placements could make or would make a person a sex addict.... I saw the magi thing online I dont understand those charts so does anyone anysuggestions/info/experiences?

dr. farr

If you give credence to the earliest Greco/Roman astrologers (as I do to a great extent), then according to them (eg Dorotheus of Sidon, AD 50) there are certain "signs of desire" (lustful signs was another term) which, if prominent by position (such as on an angle, 6th house, 5th house, sometimes 8th house) or posited with certain Lots or prominent planets (especially Venus or Mars, sometimes the Sun too-of the traditional planets; I would guess Neptune and Pluto among the outers), often set-up in the native a susceptible diathesis in this particular direction (excess or intense "desire").

These signs are:

Aries - Leo
Taurus
Capricorn
Pisces

Last edited:

dr. farr

how do you find them dr.farr

They are listed as such in several early Hellenistic works (Valens anthology is one) However, among commonly (easily) available books you will find them listed in Dorotheus "Carmen Astrologicum", on page 46, lines 5 and 6 (they are also mentioned in several other places in the Dorotheus book) This book is available both on Amazon and at Astro-america.com

DiDi

oh okay i havent the money to buy books i thought i could look them up on the computer but thanks anyway for info

Vagabondgirl

When I was younger, like young teen.... I got obsessed with a guy after eye contact. I dont know if it was attraction or repulsion of some kind. He was much older than me, 5 years when you are like 14-15 is alot, so there wasnt anything real between us.

I had strange experiences.... Around this age was also the first time I had "paranormal" experiences too. I felt I could feel/know when he was near by or just before he entered the door. I showed my friends and they seemed a bit shocked and felt it was scary for some reason. So I dont think it was ALL in my head:p

Also there was one time my brother told me that a friend of him had a new sister and that he didnt remember the name, and said that this guy I was obsessed with knew the name. Then a voice in my mind said: If he knows, I know.... And then said the name that first came to mind, and it was correct. My brother was also shocked!

All this obsession was kind of disturbing, but it made me realize something......That I have a hard time to describe actually, but Im glad for this "learning experience" or whatever I should call it.

I think this might be related to my Mercury conjunct Pluto very closely in scorpio, in the 6th. I assume pure obsession is related to pluto. My Mercury/Pluto also has a sextile to Neptune conjunct the 8th house cusp in Capri, maybe triggering these paranormal events or feelings.

I think Mercury in my chart must be very important as I have AC in Gemini and Moon/Venus/Mars in Virgo, so most of them are ruled my Mercury in the end.

Mercury/Pluto is also square Jupiter.... Maybe also involved in the "learning" experience which is common for the squares for creating this obstacle I guess.

Saturn is also near the 7th.... So maybe some kind of hard karma related to 7th house matters like other people? Saturn also in scorpio.

ALSO I have Venus/Moon in virgo SQUARE Neptune, that I think can create a romantic illusion and then perhaps triggering the sextile aspects with Mercury/Pluto in Scorpio.

Ive got to look at transits for these years. Would be interesting to see:)

Last edited:

Kenoshamaensa

I think this might be related to my Mercury conjunct Pluto very closely in scorpio, in the 6th. I assume pure obsession is related to pluto. My Mercury/Pluto also has a sextile to Neptune conjunct the 8th house cusp in Capri, maybe triggering these paranormal events or feelings.

I have a similar pattern, but involving different signs and houses. I have an exact Mercury-Pluto conjunction in Virgo (well, off by .01). It also sextiles Neptune in Scorpio, and there is a Uranus conjunction involved with Mercury-Pluto. The houses involved are the 7th and 9th.

YES, Mercury-Pluto will indicate obsession, but I'm not so sure it necessarily indicates any psychic ability. I won't say it doesn't, either, since you do have a different sign (and house) involved, but I'd expect that more from Pisces. In Virgo, my conjunction leads to my ability to research anything that interests me virtually to death. It's led to me getting a Ph.D. in my field. BUT Mercury-Pluto also leads to "obsession, deep study to the point of saturation, then extinction/transformation into a new interest." It's rather like the Diamond Vehicle of Buddhism, if you're familiar with that.

One might think Uranus has to do with my ability/tendency to "move on" from one topic to another, but really, I see that as Plutonian -- it's about eventual transformation when I'm satisfied with what I know. My interest doesn't *flit*, like Uranus would have it do. Rather the opposite. For a while, I am completely absorbed by whatever grabbed my interest, and by "a while" I mean as in *years*. But eventually, I'm done. And when I'm done, I'm DONE. I retain the knowledge, but not the obsession. Uranus gives my mind speed, and flashes of insight, but it can work against me as well, causing a mental "disconnect" between brain and mouth so that I literally forget common words in the middle of talking. It's sort of funny, and more annoying than a serious problem, but it's there. That's Uranian.

Neptune involved by sextile from the 9th gives me a good imagination, an ability to write/speak in inspiring ways, and the ability to write well period.

House placements account for what I study (as do signs, to some degree, but I see it more as houses).

So yes, obsession, but I've never noticed much in the way of psychic ability, to be quite honest. My family DOES have this ability in it, but I didn't inherit it.

Vagabondgirl

Mercury-Pluto - have a innate ability of butt probing the heart of any situation.

I think mercury conjunct pluto can mean some kind of "x-ray vision" either you believe its psychic or just putting the pieces together in a puzzle. There can also be an extreme focus on one special thing at times, like obsession.

I think all the water signs may indicate "psychic" abilites, or so Ive heard. And the 8th and 12th house are especially important regarding this matter, and the 8th house belongs to scorpio. So one would assume that it has something to do with it?

I think a strong pluto in a chart and conjuncting the personal planets may lead to some kind of obsession, maybe also with square and opposition perhaps. Trine/sextile might not be as intense....

Veronica

I think mercury conjunct pluto can mean some kind of "x-ray vision" either you believe its psychic or just putting the pieces together in a puzzle. There can also be an extreme focus on one special thing at times, like obsession.

I think all the water signs may indicate "psychic" abilites, or so Ive heard. And the 8th and 12th house are especially important regarding this matter, and the 8th house belongs to scorpio. So one would assume that it has something to do with it?

I think a strong pluto in a chart and conjuncting the personal planets may lead to some kind of obsession, maybe also with square and opposition perhaps. Trine/sextile might not be as intense....

Iam not certain if it psychic, but yes they can see through things or read between the lines... very malicious way of thinking ( like thinking the worst case scenario out of people and everything) They can also be blunt in how they express themselves and skeptical like even though they ask you something and you give them a answer, for some reason they don't believe it and they keep probing on...

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

wow, i have a mercury conjunct pluto in scorpio both in the first, and thats true veronica, i never believe what some people tell me and i keep on hounding or asking little ways to find out. Sometimes, i will ask once, wait till later and ask again yet in a different way and i do focus on things tremendously hard, like astrology, i keep feeling like its something that escapes me about this and i want to get to the depths of it

as far as the topic goes, i think the 12th house would since it represents addictions, any pluto or neptune bad aspect to mars could show naughty turn ons

Hurin

I have mars conjunct Pluto/moon in the Scorpio in the 10th.

I'm a 12th house sun/merc/saturn in Sagittarius, with a Sag ascendant so Jupiter is my chart ruler.

Thank god for my Venus in Capricorn :happy:. I do have sexual mood swings (especially when moon is in Scorpio). But my Venus keeps me nice in check and saves all the energy for my Girlfriend.

Claire19

oh okay i havent the money to buy books i thought i could look them up on the computer but thanks anyway for info
If we are talking about the chart that you have posted then Pluto conjunct Uranus and Venus in Aquarius can lead to experimental sex of all kinds and
the square to Neptune in Scorpio is the obsessive quality. Also looking for the ideal and being disappointed with encounters or disillusioned. Venus square Mars is indicative of not being able to find love and sex together or bad timing with it which can cause frustration and lack of satisfaction which causes us to keep trying to find it....I dont know if you are talking about many partners?????

8th house planets deal with sex.

Claire19

I have Mercury conjunct Pluto and can get obsessive thoughts. Also can find clues to mysteries that others overlook. Pluto contacting the personal planets does indicate obsessiveness and the easier aspects will play out in a way that can be handled and recognised and feel good about.
All Pluto contacts are intense and potentially transformative.
I have an 8th house stellium and strongly aspected Pluto and I know about obsessiveness.

Veronica

I agree with the 8th house and obsession, also I would check Neptune for possibile indicators.

I agree a loaded 8th house, Venus-mars aspects ( Highly sexed person) mars/pluto and 12th house placements, mars-neptune on males can be very kinky... very kinky.

Claire19

I agree a loaded 8th house, Venus-mars aspects ( Highly sexed person) mars/pluto and 12th house placements, mars-neptune on males can be very kinky... very kinky.
Mars Neptune males kinky.....??? not without Uranus. They have a charisma and appeal often, but can feel unsure about masculinity or a strong feminine side shall we say.......secret sex and indiscriminant in some cases. Involvement with mind altering substances and
strong sexual fantasies... All this is just general without the individual chart. ...

Last edited:

Claire19

i have the pluto opposition to venus, pluto conj asc, and mercury opposition pluto. i only have asteroids chiron and juno in 8th if i got that right. they're in gemini.

obsession and addiction with a partner maybe yes a little bit :innocent: but addiction and many partners nope.
Gemini is not prone to addictions, rather light and superficial.