How to post questions on this forum

pwadm

Staff member
If you want to post here a question, please provide the following:
- the date, time and time zone, when you thought at the question with the intention of consulting an astrologer or to interpret the horary chart yourself or to publish your question on this forum.
- the place where you were at that time

It would be great if you would like to try to delineate the chart yourself. We would like to encourage the study of horary astrology.

Please don't be upset if your question won't get a reply for a while. It may happen, as we cannot answer all the questions. Try again, some days later.

Francesca

I guess my question was deleted because it wasn't a "good" astrological question, but if I have confessed I know nothing of horary, why not correct the question so I learn something? Everyone has to learn- no one is born an astrologer, after all. Isn't that what this category is for? Thanks

Arian Maverick

Francesca said:
I guess my question was deleted because it wasn't a "good" astrological question, but if I have confessed I know nothing of horary, why not correct the question so I learn something? Everyone has to learn- no one is born an astrologer, after all. Isn't that what this category is for? Thanks

I am confident that neither Radu nor I would delete a thread unless it was blatant spam; most likely, your question has been transfered to a more specific board ;)

Arian Maverick

Barry-ann

Hi Radu and Arian,

I love doing horary, but I don't like making charts at all. Just too lazy for it.
Also, I like to keep my Astrodienst account for myself and my nearest and dearest.
Some people take the time and energy to answer questions, and I would love it if the querents could at least take the time and trouble to put up a proper chart for their question. Trading energy, as it were.
What is your take on this? Would it take too much space on the server??

Best regards, Barry-Ann

freedomlover

I cast my vote with Barry-Ann. I am still relatively new to this forum, but I figured out very quickly that having one's chart posted greatly increased the number of replies -- and that goes for myself, as well. I find that I am much more likely to reply to a post if the chart is there, or a link to it is posted. It just cuts out a lot of generally unnecessary work to have it available. (Of course, there is some merit to each doing their own chart, in case of an error, or simply adhering to other chart/house systems. But speaking in generalities....)

I, myself, have been trying for days to get my chart or chart-link to come up in my signature or somehow be available for easy access. I have followed the advice on here and the instructions on ImageShack, and had others help me here, but there seems to be a glitch somewhere. Personally, I think the lack of computer knowledge may be a holdback to most people posting their charts.

Arian Maverick, I believe, informed me of a link on this forum where several of the members have their charts listed in alphabetical order. That is helpful, as well - although I don't know how to get mine there either.;) Maybe if more people utilized that - but again, the computer issues. Is there a way for it to come up in our profiles?

In my short time on this forum, I see the magnitude of what is being accomplished here, and what could be accomplished. This is a wonderful site and I feel the hand of God on it - truly a blessing. However, in my opinion, finding a solution to getting the charts posted - and educating the members, especially new ones, as to how to get theirs to post - would greatly increase the magnitude of what could be accomplished here. Possibly even a link for newcomers outlining how to do this. (That is, when WE figure it out.LOL)

Some people don't seem to have any problem with it (cough, Howl.;)), and have been more than willing to help. There is just a certain level of computer illiteracy that needs to be overcome here, I think. (And I'm preaching to myself.;))

Anyway, I pray that a solution will soon be discovered. I'm going to be working on this from my end with my nerdy, computer-geek daughter.:D
(Not really, she's really pretty cool. But she knows a lot more than I do about computers)
link to my chart

Last edited:

freedomlover

Yeah!!!! If anybody has recently read my previous post on this thread, you will see a brand spanking new "link to my chart"..... and it works! I also have a link in my signature. My lovely, "not-so-nerdy,(cough)computer-geek" daughter figured it out in no time flat. I will now hand the computer over to her to post a tutorial for y'all, in case anyone is interested. ;):

Ok, mother says it's safe to assume you all know how to make your chart on a website such as astro.com, so I'll start from there. Right-click on the image of your chart and pick "save as" or "save image" or however your browser of preference words it. You'll then be presented with a dialog box asking where you'd like to save the file - make sure and pick a location that will be easy to remember, such as your desktop.
If you already have an account with a photo hosting service such as imageshack or photobucket, go ahead and log in now. If you don't, sign up for one of your choice (I personally use photobucket, so that's what I'll reference from here out). After you've logged in, click on the "choose" button under image upload. Navigate to the folder in which you saved your chart, click on it, then pick "open". Click on submit, and wait. :) After it's finished uploading, you'll see the image, along with boxes titled url, tag, and img. Right-click on the text inside the box marked URL and pick copy.
If you'd like the link to your chart to be part of your signature, click on "Quick Links" at the top of any forum page, then pick "edit signature". In the box, type (without the quotation marks, of course) "[url=" then right click and paste the link you copied earlier, then close the bracket "]" . After the closing bracket, type whatever text you'd like displayed, such as "View My Chart", then type "[/url]" . Click on preview your signature, and it should now display a link to your chart. Save your signature, and you're all done! Wasn't that easy?:D

Arian Maverick

Freedomlover,

Your description of my lovely, "not-so-nerdy,(cough)computer-geek" daughter amused me to no end! :p

Please thank her on behalf of the community for educating us on the finer points of chart uploading...

Arian Maverick

P.S. Our "Astrology Weekly" Natal Charts can be found in the Natal Astrology Board, but it is a closed thread; this means that only Radu and I can edit the information. If you would like to be included, please send me a private message or post your natal data on the thread Requesting Permission to Post Natal Charts on a New Thread. At your request, I can black out any information you do not feel comfortable revealing ;)

Andonis

How to post charts on this forum

I have tried a couple of times to post charts here but they appear too small. Can someone let me know how do people post large charts (in physical appearance) in here as I have failed so far. I have managed to reduce the pixel size but still not able to post large charts. Thanks in advance.

pwadm

Staff member
Hi

Indeed, adding the chart images as attachments to your post results in they appearing small, but clicking on these thumbnails will enlarge the image.
An alternative way is to use a free online image host such as PublicUpload.com in order to upload your chart image, then copy the first hotlink to the image and paste it in your post.

astrofonder

Hi Radu
Thanks to tell correct method to Ask que. I have asked some horrary ques but none was replied. it would be cause i didnt follow correct method. now i ask a new que. " Is india an most holy & spiritual country in the world in real as it is said?"
date 04th march. 2007. time 19:07, ist. now pls. reply.

Arian Maverick

Hi Radu
Thanks to tell correct method to Ask que. I have asked some horrary ques but none was replied. it would be cause i didnt follow correct method. now i ask a new que. " Is india an most holy & spiritual country in the world in real as it is said?"

I recommend that you create a new thread in the Spirituality and mysteries category in the Horary Astrology board so more people will notice your question, which I find very interesting and worthy of discussion. ;)

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Hi Radu

I recommend that you create a new thread in the Spirituality and mysteries category in the Horary Astrology board so more people will notice your question, which I find very interesting and worthy of discussion ;)

EDIT: I will create a new thread for you and create and upload the chart there if you can provide me with your location at the time you thought of this question.

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Hi Radu

I recommend that you create a new thread in the Spirituality and mysteries category in the Horary Astrology board so more people will notice your question, which I find very interesting and worthy of discussion ;)

EDIT: I will create a new thread for you and post the chart if you can provide me with your location at the time you thought of this question.

I would also like to add that your threads were most likely not replied to because we are seriously lacking experienced horary astrologers on this board, particularly since Radu has been busy and I have not seen either sorehearted nor Draco on the forums lately...

Arian Maverick

Radu said:
If you want to post here a question, please provide the following:
- the date, time and time zone, when you thought at the question with the intention of consulting an astrologer or to interpret the horary chart yourself or to publish your question on this forum.
- the place where you were at that time

It would be great if you would like to try to delineate the chart yourself. We would like to encourage the study of horary astrology.

Please don't be upset if your question won't get a reply for a while. It may happen, as we cannot answer all the questions. Try again, some days later.
Saturn Rx on North Node in Synastry, Karma?