Astrology Quotes,

ptolemy

President Theodore Roosevelt kept his horoscope mounted on a chess board in the oval office. When asked about it he would reply, “I always keep my weather eye on the opposition of my seventh house Moon to my first house Mars.”

JP Morgan, America’s first billionaire, said : “Millionaires don’t use astrology, billionaires do.”

Donald Reagan, formerly Ronald Reagan’s Chief of Staff said: “It’s common knowledge that a large percentage of Wall Street brokers use astrology.”

The Philosopher Plato said : “Perhaps there is a pattern set up in the heavens for one who desires to see it, and having seen it, to find one in himself.”

Physicist Albert Einstein said : “Astrology is a science in itself and contains an illuminating body of knowledge. It taught me many things and I am greatly indebted to it.”

"The HEAVENS declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows his handiwork. Day after day utters his speech and night after night shows his knowledge. There is no tongue or language where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the Earth and their words to the ends of the world. In them (the heavens) he has set a tabernacle for the sun." (Psalm 19:1-4)

images
images
images

Physicist Sir Isaac Newton said in defence of astrology, to sceptic Edmund Halley:

“I have studied the matter. You sir, have not”.

We shall show them our portents on the horizons until it will be manifest unto them that it is the truth. - The Holy Qur'an, 41.53

The poet Ralph Waldo Emerson said : “Astrology is astronomy brought down to earth and applied toward the affairs of man.”

Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine said : “A physician without the knowledge of astrology has no right to call himself a physician.”

Scientist Louis Pasteur said : “The controls of life are structured as forms and nuclear arrangements, in relation with the motions of the universe.”

Mark Twain said: “I was born with Halley’s Comet and I expect to die upon its return,” and he did.

images
images

Mathematician Pythagoras said: “The stars in the heavens sing a music if only we had ears to hear.”

St. Thomas Aquinas told all who would listen: “The celestial bodies are the cause of all that takes place in the sublunar world.”

Sir Francis Bacon, the father of modern science told us, “The natures and dispositions of men are, not without truth, distinguished from the predominance of the planets.”

Confucius taught his followers that, “Heaven sends down its good and evil symbols and wise men act accordingly.”

Dante called astrology, “The noblest of sciences.”

images
images

Shakespeare said, in the person of King Lear…”The stars above govern our condition.” He follows that with “I was born sir, when the Crab was ascending: all my affairs go backwards.”

Goethe wrote an astrological description of his birth...”These auspicious aspects, which the astrologers subsequently interpreted for me, may have been the causes of my preservation.”

Dr. Carl Jung, one of the founding fathers of psychology said: “Astrology is assured recognition from psychology without further restrictions, because astrology represents the summation of all the knowledge of antiquity. The fact that it is possible to construct, in adequate fashion, a person’s character from the data of his nativity, shows the validity of astrology.”

images
images

Astronomer Johannes Kepler, the author of Kepler’s Laws of Planetary Motion wrote, “An unfailing experience of mundane events in harmony with the changes occurring in the heavens, has instructed and compelled my unwilling belief.”

images
images
images

"The HEAVENS declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows his handiwork. Day after day utters his speech and night after night shows his knowledge. There is no tongue or language where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the Earth and their words to the ends of the world. In them (the heavens) he has set a tabernacle for the sun." (Psalm 19:1-4)

A piece of music for the approaching Uranus Pluto Square, will Uranus throw the old order over and give birth to the Age of Aquarius? Weather prediction, stock markets, health of the individual soul. The meek inherit the earth? Anyway where is my joint, it is a strong one I have on the burn tonight, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERulrmjfucc

images
images

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Hi hi ptolemy

Thank you for the friend's invitation.I couldn't clear my mail box so can't receive your PM at the moment. Have been access forum by iPhone ;(

I only got one quote to share at the moment:

"Man is not what he is because he was born when he was, but he was born when he was because he was, potentially, what he is."

Front the book of "How to learn Astrology" by Marc Edmund Jones

So philological hey? :p

By the way, medical astrology was the foundation of herbalism and herbalism is the foundation of modern pharmaceutical science. Modern medicines and science are both less than 100 years, I think but astrology had been around for few thousand years. Lol

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Hi, yer thanks I was happy to see you in my friends box as I really like

your posts. I agree with you about plants, I mean morphine is based on opium from

the poppy.

I like your quote too, x

If you like to know more about morphine. Search "Life After Death" on YouTube, and the official website, they have free short videos; is an Australian made documentary about how morphine changes end of life patients. It is really inspirational!!!! I Highly recommend it! And you get to see how morphine is being produced from poppy seeds; a humble plant relieves so much pain!

To be honest, the other reason I like it because I was born on Poppy's day lol.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Hi, yer thanks I was happy to see you in my friends box as I really like

your posts. I agree with you about plants, I mean morphine is based on opium from

the poppy.

I like your quote too, x

Thank you for liking my posts!! I usually write a lot, I thought most of the time people would just skip it. Thank you for reading it. At the moment this small mobile phone is putting me off of writing most the time :p

You sound very sweet. I am curious about the sign of your Venus. Lol Let me guess, either the watery types such ad Cancer, Pisces or Libra, might have slight chance of a Virgo one. :D

poyi

Premium Member
images

Pisces yes, your good, water first choice. I ain't a sweet fish though, I got spikes, spikes from Virgo. Lol. Anyway I have to swim now, some boat up there trying to carry me away. Lol. See you around.

Lol enjoy swimming Pisces :D. Hey I like pictures!

JerryRR

A Doctor too emerged as we proceeded;
No one alive could talk aswell as he did
On points of medicine and of surgery,
For,being grounded in astronomy,
He watched his patient closely for the hours
When,by his horoscope,he knew the powers
Of favourable planets,then ascendent,
Worked on the images for his dependent.
The cause of every malady you'd got
He knew,and wether dry,cold,moist or hot;
He knew their seat,their humour and condition.
He was a perfect practising physician.

The Canterbury Tales-Geoffrey Chaucer.

J.R.R.

poyi

Premium Member
A Doctor too emerged as we proceeded;
No one alive could talk aswell as he did
On points of medicine and of surgery,
For,being grounded in astronomy,
He watched his patient closely for the hours
When,by his horoscope,he knew the powers
Of favourable planets,then ascendent,
Worked on the images for his dependent.
The cause of every malady you'd got
He knew,and wether dry,cold,moist or hot;
He knew their seat,their humour and condition.
He was a perfect practising physician.

The Canterbury Tales-Geoffrey Chaucer.

J.R.R.

It is the Timing given by the Divine and the doctor as a tool from the Divine able to achieve the best outcome, according to the purpose of the Divine.

Timing is the ultimate key to every solution.

From me :p

JerryRR

In the middle 1970s an astronomer I admire put together a modest manifesto called "Objections to Astrology" and asked me to endorse it.I struggled with his wording,and in the end found myself unable to sign,not because I thought astrology has any validity whatever,but I felt(and still feel) that the tone of the statement was authoritarian.It criticized astrology for having origins shrouded in superstition.But this is true as well for religion,chemiistry,medicine and astronomy,to mention only four.The issue is not what faltering and rudimentary knowledge astrology came from,but what is its present validity.

Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World.

His chart is available at Astrodienst.

J.R.

poyi

Premium Member
In the middle 1970s an astronomer I admire put together a modest manifesto called "Objections to Astrology" and asked me to endorse it.I struggled with his wording,and in the end found myself unable to sign,not because I thought astrology has any validity whatever,but I felt(and still feel) that the tone of the statement was authoritarian.It criticized astrology for having origins shrouded in superstition.But this is true as well for religion,chemiistry,medicine and astronomy,to mention only four.The issue is not what faltering and rudimentary knowledge astrology came from,but what is its present validity.

Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World.

His chart is available at Astrodienst.

J.R.

Jerry

How many astrology books do you actually own? Haha

I can imagine you going though Tones of books every day. I have got the 39th today. It was "Kamic Astrology Volume III" by Martin Schulman

The Arabic parts one is still too much to digest. It could put me into sleep, a real good tranquilliser. :D

An indoor nerd
Po yi

JerryRR

Many books PoYi.

Some time ago there was a rich old codger
Who lived in Oxford and who took a lodger.
The fellow was a carpenter by trade,
His lodger a poor student who made
Some studies in the arts,but all his fancy
Turned to astrology and geomancy,
And he could deal with certain propositions
And make a forcast under some conditions
About the likelihood of drought and showers
For those who asked at favourable hours,
Or put a question how their luck would fall
In this or that,I can't describe them all.

This lad was known as Nicholas the Gallant,
And making love in secret was his talent,
For he was very close and sly,and took
Advantage of his meek and girlish look,
He rented a small chamber in the kip
All by himself without companionship.
He decked it charmingly with herbs and fruit
And he himself was sweeter than the root
Of liquorice,or any fragrant herb.
His astronomic text -books were superb,
He had an astrolabe to match his art
And calculating counters laid apart
On handy shelves that stood above his head

The Miller's Tale - G.Chaucer

J.R.

JUPITERASC

Cassius:
"Men at some time are masters of their fates;
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings"

Julius Caesar Act 1, scene 2, 135–141 – William Shakespeare :smile:

JerryRR

Students of the heavens are separable into
astronomers and astrologers as readily as are
minor domestic ruminants into sheep and goats,but
the seperation of philosophers into sages and cranks
seems to more sensitive to frames of reference.

Theories and Things-W.V.O Quine,American Philosopher.

J.R.

JerryRR

In ancient China and Rome astrology was the exclusive property of the emperor;any private use of this potent art was considered a capital offence.Emerging from a particularly credulous Southern California culture.Nancy and Ronald Reagan relied on an astrologer in private and public matters-unknown to the votiing public.Some portion of the decision making that influences the future of our civilization is plainly in the hands of charlatans.If anything,the practice is comparatively muted in America;its venue is worldwide.
Carl Sagan.

Thank you for the request Ptolemy.
Best Wishes.
Jerry.

princess valhalla

nice!

Men should take their knowledge from the Sun, the Moon and the Stars. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Courteous Reader, Astrology is one of the most ancient Sciences, held in high esteem of old, by the Wise and the Great. Formerly, no Prince would make War or Peace, nor any General fight in Battle, in short, no important affair was undertaken without first consulting an Astrologer." - Benjamin Franklin

JUPITERASC

THE FOLLOWING 96 WORD QUOTE IS SAID BY EDMUND Act I Scene II King Lear by William Shakespeare :smile:

...."we make guilty of our

disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars…...fools by
heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and

treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards,
liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of
planetary influence; ........an admirable evasion
of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish
disposition to the charge of a star! My
father compounded with my mother under the
dragon's tail; and my nativity was under Ursa
major; so that it follows, I am rough and
lecherous. Tut, I should have been that I am,
had the maidenliest star in the firmament
twinkled on my bastardizing".....

poyi

Premium Member
Learning astrology is like learning any foreign language. You already have the ideas, concepts, and experiences of your life within you; you are just learning a new language for what you are already experiencing.
BARBARA GOLDSMITH, Astrology Made Easy

Astrology is like any other branch of knowledge. It can be used for good or for ill, properly or improperly, by skilled and unskilled practitioners alike.
ELIZABETH CLARE PROPHET, The Astrology of the Four Horsemen

Astrology is a language. If you understand this language, the sky speaks to you.
Dane Rudhyar

JerryRR

It is a gentle and affectionate thought,
That,in immeasurable heights above us,
At our first birth the wreath of love was woven
With sparkling stars for flowers.

Schiller

Thence oblique
Brancheth the circle where planets roll,
To pour their wished influence on the world.

Dante

The virtue and motion of the sacred orbs,
As mallet by the workman's hand must needs
By blessed movers be inspired.

Dante

O Child ! O new born denizen
Of life's great city! on thy head
The glory of the morn is shed,
Like a celestial benison!
By what astrology of fear or hope
Dare I to cast thy horoscope?

Longfellow