Who was I in a past life? - another horary question

Mr. Conjunct

The question says it all. Past life is probably shown by the 12th house and this life is the 1st house. Interesting is that the 12th and the 1st house begin in Scorpio. Does it mean that I'm gonna have relatively the same life as the previous one?

previuslifewt1.gif

Arian Maverick

I've asked these types of questions before, but unfortunately, they're always hard to answer because there is little verification if one's interpretation is right or wrong unless you undergo past-life regression. I'm no horary expert, but my Aries stellium is pretty good at pointing out the obvious ;)

As you mentioned, past lives are generally ruled by the twelfth house--perhaps because past-life memories are embedded in one's subconscious mind, which is the domain of the twelfth house. You probably know this already, but you need to "turn" the chart so that the twelfth house is the first house, the first house is the second house, the second house is the third house, etc. Once you do this, your new Ascendant is located in Scorpio--curiously, the same sign the unturned Ascendant is located in. I am sure it is significant that your current-life self and past-life self are both signified by the same planet, Mars.

Mars is located in the ninth house in the unturned chart, but the ninth house becomes the tenth house when you turn the chart in the matter I previously described. Indeed, not only is your significator located in the turned tenth house, but it is conjunct the turned Midheaven in this house system! I find it interesting that the Part of Fortune is so tightly conjunct the Sun--the ruler of the turned "Midheaven"--in this chart, yet the Part of Fortune is located in Taurus while the Sun is located in Gemini. Both are located in the turned eighth house.

I'm getting the impression from these placements that you may have been some business tycoon. Why do I say this? Mars is an aggressive planet, as you know, and if it is conjunct the turned "Midheaven," your energies may have been applied towards your career, particularly towards gaining prestige in the outside world. Mars is in Leo, a very "showy" sign quite comfortable being "on display" in the tenth house. The turned "Midheaven" is ruled by the Sun in early Gemini tightly conjunct the Part of Fortune in late Taurus, which seems to indicate to me that you were quite successful--Taurus is a sign associated with money and material possessions, after all, and the Part of Fortune would probably bestow much luck in this area. The Part of Fortune is also conjunct the ruler of the turned "Midheaven," so it would probably bestow its influence upon your career as well. Let us not forget that Venus is quite strong in its own sign of Taurus, angular in the unturned chart and in the succedent eighth house in the turned chart.

I also must mention the presence of Venus, the Sun, and Mercury in the turned eighth house--the house of "other people's resources." You've got your Midheaven ruler in this house, as well as the dispositor of your significator Mars--both are the Sun. Therefore, I'm guessing that you made your wealth through stocks, loans, or any type of business that primarily deals with others' money.

I know the nodes aren't typically used in horary astrology, but the placement of the South Node in the turned tenth house in Leo seals the deal for me. The South Node is typically associated with past lives in a natal chart, as is the twelfth house.

Does anyone else want to interpret this horary chart? I'm interested in reading others' interpretations...

Arian Maverick

archergirl

I have a few issues with questions like these, which I should explain...

Number one, the way the question is stated seems to assume that there may have been only one past life; if you are assuming that you had one past life, who is to say that you haven't had several, which seems more likely? And that being so, how could a single horary chart possibly tell you 'who' you were? You 'were' many people, probably. And if there really is no such thing as a past life, the chart won't tell you much, either... ;)

Number two, despite the fact that people very often ask what can be viewed as trifling questions, the best charts are those that have a serious purpose behind them. "Just wondering" questions often don't get good results, and in a question like this, which begins on a supposition as opposed to a 'factual' issue like a job, or a relationship, "wondering" is all one can hope to achieve.

There is also a question in my mind, which is 'Why does it matter?' who you were in a past life? Being curious about it is fine; I suppose we all have an interest in such things, but surely some investigation into 'unexplained interests' in things you have not been acculturated to have an interest in (I have an unexplained and abiding interest in the construction methods of Persian rugs, for example) would lead you to more insight into your past life/lives than a chart composed of hard angles and little symbols, all of which have innumerable interpretations.

You can figure stuff out quite easily with a little self-examination. I can 'remember' fragments of several lives: one as a rugmaker (hence the interest in all things textile, particularly Middle Eastern); at least a couple in the Roman Empire; a few in the Middle Ages in Europe, gleaned mostly from the rather ill feeling I get when I think about the Middle Ages, particularly the monasteries- must have been a pretty miserable religious life; one where I drowned in a lake (lakes freak me out, although I'm a very strong swimmer. I have panic attacks and unreasonable thoughts when near lakes, but not in the ocean!) and definitely one in Viet Nam, probably during the US/Viet Nam war as footage from that time makes me feel really, really odd). But in reality, 'who' I was in the past is only a curiosity. Your question about whether you're going to have the same sort of life this time around may have some insight if you feel you are 'repeating' patterns you 'ought' to have learned differently by now; but ultimately this life *will* be different than the last one, because *YOU* are different in this one than the last one: different body, different era, perhaps different gender and nationality and body-type and genetic traits.

I'm not against attempts to read these charts, I have to add! :p They can prove very interesting; but what I'm suggesting is that you might have a better chance of finding something out from examining your natal chart or simply some self-reflection, rather than using a horary chart. Horary was created for practical reasons, and is mostly a tool of a practical nature. Unless there is some really *good* reason for asking about a past life (being haunted by recurring dreams of dying in the mud, being trampled by horses while someone in the background screams, "The Huns are coming!" or something like that), then this chart may only reflect back at you what you *want* to see in it.

In the end, focusing on who you are in *this* life may prove much more interesting, anyhow.

Okay, I've said my thruppence worth. Have at it!:D

AG:)

Last edited:

jag

archergirl

i follow your logic and have to agree with it. i did a past life regression and it lines up more so than my birthchart! a question i have or you ag... a pro astrologer who was expensive said the wheel house turns to the next 12th house when you reincarnate so that you are learning everything in order to perect. how do you feel about that theory?

jag

Last edited: