Venus in Cancer

AppLeo

Hello all. Thinking about several people in my life who have Venus in Cancer. We could get deep and consider the emphasis of water in Venusian matters, aspects, and it's manifestation in all different ways.....

.....But just going by the most general stereotypes of this combination, one would assume that such natives love tenderness and being a mother in their relationships, and of course, having children. This is definitely the case in the people I know right now. With some, the alligence to "mother" is their affiliation to a professional group or company, or their "love" is all expressed through caring connections and activities..... other than that, they are reserved (which is also explained through their charts).

My question: do you know of any natives with Venus in Cancer who do NOT like caring, children, or being motherly?

I'd love to hear your Venus in Cancer stories and comments!

Thanks.

(Special thanks to Sadge for this lovely paragraph structure)

Rawiri

Hehe.

I don't disagree with what you've said, but personally I've seen it cause issues in people's relationships so it's not my favorite position.

Also tends to place excessive emphasis on getting their emotional needs met by others - and external sources will never fulfill them completely. Due to that, their caring can quickly morph into an attempt to mold the people around them into their ideal.

That's a generalization, of course.

AppLeo

Hehe.

I don't disagree with what you've said, but personally I've seen it cause issues in people's relationships so it's not my favorite position.

Also tends to place excessive emphasis on getting their emotional needs met by others - and external sources will never fulfill them completely. Due to that, their caring can quickly morph into an attempt to mold the people around them into their ideal.

That's a generalization, of course.

Sounds like BPD. Good generalization; it applies to me I think.

katydid

Angelina Jolie--Venus conjunct Asc , both at 28 cancer

Leah Remini--Venus trine Neptune

Russell Brand --Venus 27 Cancer Saturn 17 cancer [ 6/4/75-same day as Angelina Jolie]

Farrah Abraham---Venus 24 Cancer/Chiron 24 Cancer

Donald Trump --Venus 25 Cancer / Saturn 23 Cancer

McCauley Culkin---17 Cancer/Pluto 19 libra

Abby83

So appleo are you saying you are not attracted to breasty nurturing motherly women?
What house is your venus? Also what about the moon?

Abby83

Uhhh... let me think on that.

Venus is in the 6th house.

My moon is in virgo in 8th house.

So perhaps you're more into sexy Virgo type women? Like organised, healthy, constructive, good worker, work hard in the bedroom ... 😜.

Lin

I have Venus and Jupiter conj in Cancer in the 8th. I have no negative aspects to it. I love being a mom. It has been a big part of my self definition....and my children are also my friends....and I am theirs. I worked hard to have this happen as i did not have a mom who was like this.

However: had my conj. in Cancer been opposed by Neptune or squared by Pluto of Saturn, I don't know if I would feel the same...even with the planets in Cancer.

Luckily my Moon (my mother) does not aspect my Venus and Jupiter. And it IS luck or fate. I would not have survived some of the things in my life had I not had the support and love of my children.
LIN

I know someone with Venus in Cancer in his 11th and he likes giving dinner parties and birthday parties at his house for friends. He's middle-aged, never had kids or even pets because he said he probably wouldn't take care of them very well. He dated a woman with a child and that is what she told him so I have a feeling he might have scr3wed up while babysitting. Aries is in his 8th and one girlfriend was a semi-celeb so not shy and retiring.

flux

My father has venus in cancer in the 9th house (AC scorpio). He has a family-oriented nature. He had two marriages, two children in each. He has a VERY strong allegiance to his mother. He has great emotional depth and sensitivity, but usually keeps it quite hidden. Not naturally up front and honest about things, even a bit sneaky. He is very giving person in relationships, and forgives perhaps too much. I worry he gets abused by people who are not worth his time and energy, and yet who he keeps as friends.

My partner has venus in cancer in the 11th house (AC leo). He hates children, and got a vasectomy to make sure he wouldn’t bear any. He would not be a good father figure; he has a strong authoritarian streak, and too much of a ‘cost/benefit’ outlook. He cut ties with his mother due to a clash of principles and never looked back. He is very picky about who he puts time and energy in, but when he does, it’s worthwhile and all about quality. His emotional depth is kept out of sight, but it's there.

I also feel Rawiri’s comment was quite spot on in many ways.

interesting variations :)

Claire19

Hello all. Thinking about several people in my life who have Venus in Cancer. We could get deep and consider the emphasis of water in Venusian matters, aspects, and it's manifestation in all different ways.....

.....But just going by the most general stereotypes of this combination, one would assume that such natives love tenderness and being a mother in their relationships, and of course, having children. This is definitely the case in the people I know right now. With some, the alligence to "mother" is their affiliation to a professional group or company, or their "love" is all expressed through caring connections and activities..... other than that, they are reserved (which is also explained through their charts).

My question: do you know of any natives with Venus in Cancer who do NOT like caring, children, or being motherly?

Thanks.

If you are referring to motherhood and family you look at the 4th house and its aspects. As well as the 5th of our children and their guidance. Venus in Cancer can be in some other house and if badly aspected may indicate a love of food and to their detriment. Many things.

rainbows

Thanks.

Sorry if I'm reviving something older but the 2 people I was closest to in my life has venus in cancer and they were both very motherly and tender, had a love for caring for others and one was my best friend for years and is a wonderful mother of 2 and the other was initially a friend for years now just my sweetest ex lol, he mentioned wanting a baby with me after only a couple weeks of dating. O_O I think that's partly what broke us up honestly, I wasn't exactly all in for that and threw me off quite a bit.