Theoretical Questions: Ponderings in Need of Experienced Opinions!

KindredKayla

Hi everyone; I am just beginning to look into synastry, for kicks, and I have been doing an awful lot of googling.. though I am still wondering about a few placements and their significance! If you can shed some light on them or offer some links for me to explore that would be wonderful. :)

Okay, so here they are:

1) I have read that a woman's Sun is representative of the man in her natal chart and the Moon is representative of the woman in HIS natal chart. But what is the significance of a woman's natal Moon conjunct a man's natal Sun? Illuminating of emotions? Getting in touch with his feminine side? Boost to her self confidence/ego and direction in life?

2) The significance of a man's *retrograde* Juno? Especially if it is conjunct a woman's Vesta or Vertex - and what would the difference be if his natal Juno weren't retrograde?

3) The part of fortune! Is this a significant factor to consider in synastry? If a woman's part of fortune is conjunct a man's Moon, or if a man's part of fortune is conjunct a woman's Sun - what is the significance there? What if their part of fortunes share the same house, such as the fourth house (of home, roots, family, belonging, nurturing)?

4) The Asc conjunct the Desc and vice versa?

5) A man's moon in a harsh aspect (opposition, quincunx) a woman's North Node, but her Moon conjunct his North Node?

6) What is the significance of a woman's Juno conjunct her Asc in the 12th house? vs. the first house? If it is poorly aspected in either her natal chart or the synastry chart, would this indicate a release of the 'dark side' of the 12th house? Perhaps hidden abuse from a partner? Astrologer50 has a blurp on his website about it, but it seemed to be mostly negative.. and other information I have read has talked about affairs, secrecy in marriage, self-delusion about husband or partner, even a woman who cannot maintain a committed relationship out of fear! What is your opinion and experience?

7) Is there any significance to the following situation: Person A's chart ruler/prominent planet/planet at critical degree and/or is conjunct their Ascendent is placed in Person B's chart so that it is conjunct Person A's North Node? Ie) Saturn on Ascendant as Chart Ruler/Final despositor in Person A Chart. Is at 12 degrees Capricorn in Person B's chart and is conjunct Person A's North Node at 13 degrees Capricorn?

and lastly 8) His North Node opposite her Venus? His Juno conjunct her Venus?

These are mostly all to do with conjunctions, I know.. but I have been comparing some charts of friends and their significant others and they have probed my curiosity greatly. I am hoping to move onto other aspects later.

Thank you so much for your informed and experienced opinions, lol! :lol:

Love and blessings to each of you :love:

Last edited:
I am not experienced when it comes to synastry readings but you said you were looking only for kicks, so I will throw my thoughts out for kicks :lol:.

I have often found in synastry those who have the strongest relationships have the toughest aspects. As a rule I won't say a relationship is unworkable, no matter how many challenges exist between them. And another general rule is that I wouldn't read a chart until they have got past the six months mark in a relationship.

1. If you have some spare time list all your synastry aspects and put the tightest synastry aspects on top of the list, these aspects are usually exact and up to a 3-4 degree orb.

2. Next look for repeating aspects both ways, for example if your Venus is square his Saturn, and his Venus is square your Saturn - these are called double whammies and are a significant theme in any relationship. You can also look for repeating aspects in both natal's, synastry and composite chart, this will reflect the main relationship themes.

3. You need to examine if there are planets in your chart aspecting difficult configurations in his natal chart and vise-versa. It's just a matter of taking down plenty of notes and putting them together in readable format.

With a Sun-Moon combination this indicates you are impressionable and reflective :moon: to his solar purpose :sun:, you may offer emotional support and understanding to the man he is striving to be in this lifetime. You will need to examine the aspects to your :sun: -:moon: combination as this will colour the interaction between the both of you. Together you both hold the 'typical' male-female roles. You represent the lunar female influence (Moon) and he leads the way with purpose and direction (Sun).

I would personally leave the asteroids out and focus on the most important planets in the relationship chart. You will have too much cluttered information for a clear reading. To look at a whole synastry chart it can take up to a week's work or more. And both natal charts with their own seperate life purpose and drives are assessed and combined, so you can assess how your partner challenges you in those areas and supports you. You a have a synastry chart to examine and a composite chart to work on too.

Last edited:
6) What is the significance of a woman's Juno conjunct her Asc in the 12th house? vs. the first house? If it is poorly aspected in either her natal chart or the synastry chart, would this indicate a release of the 'dark side' of the 12th house? Perhaps hidden abuse from a partner? Astrologer50 has a blurp on his website about it, but it seemed to be mostly negative.. and other information I have read has talked about affairs, secrecy in marriage, self-delusion about husband or partner, even a woman who cannot maintain a committed relationship out of fear! What is your opinion and experience?
I do not have a website as you have suggested, I merely post links for members to do their own research. We also have a Education fourm and Recommendations forum for books, software etc.

Now we are all visual people here, the aspects you listed sound wonderful BUT we need to SEE charts pls.....

How to attach a chart as thumbnail

1) First, get your from chart at www.astro.com by registering yourself there—it’s free

2) Then, save that chart (as a .jpeg, .gif, .tif....file; image file format) on your computer. It is important to reduce the image size to 63% version of the chart (select at the 'Image-size' tab) before saving it, so that the file is not too big when you upload it. Click to get chart, then right mouse click on image, ‘save target image as’ to hard drive.

3) Back at our forum, finish your post; then click on the 'Go advanced' button (it is right below the space, where you key in your message).

4) Now, hit the button 'Manage attachments', which is in the 'Additional- Options' section', at the bottom left of the page.

5) Once the window opens, hit 'Search' to search for the image-file (the chart) that you just saved on your computer. Now upload it by clicking on the 'Upload' button.

6) Finally, post your message, and, this time, it will be accompanied by the chart, which will appear as an 'Attached thumbnail', just like the 'example chart' attached to this post. And don't forget to post your own interpretation of the chart (exception is GLounge) along with it, as our forum rules request.

No one can view attachments at the moment, although admin are trying to resolve matters -- so in the meantime try this ----

Everyone I think I've found a temporary solution to attachments. If you upload via your control panel and save to your album and then copy and paste the link into your thread --- this seems to work. Only slight problem you may have to trim the size down to fit ie: 600 x 600 in some kind of software or accessories/paint first.

When looking at a woman’s chart the type of man she would look for is her sun sign and mars traits, plus 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.
When looking at a mans chart for the type of woman he would look for is his venus and moon sign and then 7th house planets and house cusp ruler and where that ruler was deposited.

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..

If you want to research more into synastry try here
http://cafeastrology.com/astrology_of_relationships.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry_house_overlays.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastry-houses.html
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/synastryaspects.html
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/astrology-marriage.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
http://www.astrotheme.com/synastry_advice.php

It's very common for progressed venus onto sun or vice versa to be involved, also the North Node of one person conj second person's sun or moon. Also Vertex is usually involved either natally, by progression or by transit. I use max orb orb 3' between each others planets. To research more on inter-aspects try here. http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/interchartaspects.html

We also have a 'Relational Forum' besides lots of others and these are very common questions so perhaps researching a while around there could pay dividends....Here is one of my post's with lots of info http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=13745

Synastry & divorce--- really great article, well worth reading-----
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0OJgX88KKMsC&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46&dq=astrology+2nd+marriage&source=bl&ots=DoV__K_IQS&sig=dI1UAX5oprrQLtfzYUrJ4_XzuKU&hl=en&ei=zBV0SsfnHYqhjAf5rN2nBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=&f=false

You could have the best synastry in the world, but unless you have good communications, are honest with each other about your needs, wishes and desires and 'both' of you want the same things...........then nothing will happen. It cannot make anyone change, or love you more. Some challenging squares, oppositions in synastry can be healthy, and may require one or both of you to grow in some way. Astrological natal charts cannot explain environmental factors, financial handicaps/ restraints and what position you hold in society, neither can it tell you if you are of ‘Royalty’ or beggar.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.

Good luck with your journey

Quote by Freedomlover in post here on AW
In reality, no chart is definitely "good" or definitely "bad". As you pointed out, there is really no way of knowing how the energies will manifest. Some charts show a greater possibility for the energies to manifest well. But the same lovely trine that implies comfortable, loving energy can manifest as a feeder line that goes along with the other's abusive behaviour without questioning it. The same lovely sextile that implies harmony together can manifest as the two individuals will make the same bad choices.

There is a higher and a lower energy available in all the aspects. It all depends on free will and each individual's personal state of spiritual growth. In synastry there should be a varied degree of so called 'good and bad' aspects, but in reality I would use the terms, 'easy empathy, and challenging' cos without constant effort, respect, understanding and love and a willingness on both sides to 'work at matters' then no amount of good synastry will explain if a relationship will be successful or not...

KindredKayla

Astrologer50, I'm so sorry! For some reason I was thinking Bobmarksastrologer.com was your website! I apologize.. it was late last night when I wrote that :sad:

Thank you both for providing links and more information for me. I have been wanting to look into synastry not to predict who my 'perfect match' is, but to better understand human relationships. I am hoping that having a good understanding will help me in the future to be an understanding and truly caring lover. I have also been wanting to help my mother understand the relationship that characterized so much of her life - her failed marriage to my father. I feel it might help bring her some closure... The chart I will attach is one between myself and a person I have met about two months ago which has encouraged me to ask these questions, specifically. We either have or are just short of having those placements. We 'met' in a very unorthodox way.. but the timing of that meeting, the quality of our conversation.. it seems to fit a little too well. Don't worry, I'm not here for a full interpretation - its just that this is the experience I am having now and therefore this is a great chart for me to study. I know in seeing the chart you will notice that we are both very young, but it might be good to keep in mind that we feel very old at heart. It's not everyday I meet a person like that, certainly not in my age group..

Although synastry is a valuable tool with astrology it cannot 'make things happen' even if you have the best synastry in the world unfortunately..
I couldn't agree more. We are responsible for our action and inaction.. Growing up in a household with married parents who could not communicate, could not problem solve, could not reconcile what they saw as faults in each other with what they loved about each other.. I feel strongly that relationships take work, and that calls for a kind of couples-minded autonomy.

I am of the belief that people come in and out of our lives for a reason, either we have to teach them something or we have to learn something from them. There is Always an exchange, good or bad.
I fully agree.. for events good and 'bad', though both are ultimately for our own growth. With this new person, I very much see that he is missing something from his life that I can bring him into contact with.. and that what I have been missing and yearning for, he provides so abundantly. I know we each have something to give and take from other people, but this feels very significant. Very Plutonion, in a great way.. so it has me wondering!

And another general rule is that I wouldn't read a chart until they have got past the six months mark in a relationship
I respect that, and that's very understandable.. the half-year mark denotes seriousness, commitment, a good understanding of each other.. Thank you so much for the guidelines, by the way. I will definitely be using them! :joyful:

I hope this is a proper chart to attach.. 600 x 600 is pretty small, so I uploaded it here. You just have to click the link and it opens the chart. :smile:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2009/363/6/7/Synastry_Chart_by_The_Lonely_Corner.gif

The max orb we normally allow for synastry is quite tight, max 3'.

Now Capricorn Asc and Leo Asc are quincunx ie: 150' apart not good, bit like an itch you can't scratch.

Your sun signs are quincunxed libra ---piscs, your moons are in square 90' by sign and aspect so your emotional nurturing responses although both 'mutable' as in adaptable, changeable may well be at odds with each other. Whilst undoubtedly there are lots of blue trine 120' aspects there are also 3 quincunx aspects. Your mars to his mars,jupiter conjunction, your saturn to his chiron and his moon to your neptune/node in 12th.

With all these quincunxs going on here you may well have to work rather hard to get agreements and common ground

Hi everyone; I am just beginning to look into synastry, for kicks, and I have been doing an awful lot of googling.. though I am still wondering about a few placements and their significance! If you can shed some light on them or offer some links for me to explore that would be wonderful. :)

Okay, so here they are:

1) I have read that a woman's Sun is representative of the man in her natal chart and the Moon is representative of the woman in HIS natal chart. But what is the significance of a woman's natal Moon conjunct a man's natal Sun? Illuminating of emotions? Getting in touch with his feminine side? Boost to her self confidence/ego and direction in life? Your moon is in same sign but not conjunct

2) The significance of a man's *retrograde* Juno? Especially if it is conjunct a woman's Vesta or Vertex - and what would the difference be if his natal Juno weren't retrograde?

3) The part of fortune! Is this a significant factor to consider in synastry? If a woman's part of fortune is conjunct a man's Moon, or if a man's part of fortune is conjunct a woman's Sun - what is the significance there? What if their part of fortunes share the same house, such as the fourth house (of home, roots, family, belonging, nurturing)?

4) The Asc conjunct the Desc and vice versa? This is not quite true, 1 is Cappi and the other Leo -- this is quincunx 150'

5) A man's moon in a harsh aspect (opposition, quincunx) a woman's North Node, but her Moon conjunct his North Node? This is valid but your moon is not conj his N Node-- I suspect the orbs you are using are far too wide :joyful:

6) What is the significance of a woman's Juno conjunct her Asc in the 12th house? vs. the first house? If it is poorly aspected in either her natal chart or the synastry chart, would this indicate a release of the 'dark side' of the 12th house? Perhaps hidden abuse from a partner? Astrologer50 has a blurp on his website about it, but it seemed to be mostly negative.. and other information I have read has talked about affairs, secrecy in marriage, self-delusion about husband or partner, even a woman who cannot maintain a committed relationship out of fear! What is your opinion and experience? to research Juno try here
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Juno21.3.html

7) Is there any significance to the following situation: Person A's chart ruler/prominent planet/planet at critical degree and/or is conjunct their Ascendent is placed in Person B's chart so that it is conjunct Person A's North Node? Ie) Saturn on Ascendant as Chart Ruler/Final despositor in Person A Chart. Is at 12 degrees Capricorn in Person B's chart and is conjunct Person A's North Node at 13 degrees Capricorn?

and lastly 8) His North Node opposite her Venus? His Juno conjunct her Venus? again orbs to wide

These are mostly all to do with conjunctions, I know.. but I have been comparing some charts of friends and their significant others and they have probed my curiosity greatly. I am hoping to move onto other aspects later.

Thank you so much for your informed and experienced opinions, lol! :lol:

Love and blessings to each of you :love:

We also have a Recommendations forum for books,software etc and a good search feature, bit like google worth exploring.