Dumb question

Someone told me that scorpio is a sensual zodiac sign because it represents reprodution and thus, sex.

However I simply cant see how this is true, for a wide number of reasons. One being that scorpio is a WATER sign.

The whole thing about water is its the opposite theme of materialism and sensuality and the flesh. Its all about impracticality and spirituality. Scorpio is a water sign, so how on earth can it representing sex mean its a sensual or materalistic sign when only earth signs are sensual and materialistic?

My best guess is that scorpio is the sign of sex because sex isnt about the flesh, and that sex has more to do with spirituality somehow than it does materialism. Maybe I'm wrong.

What do you guys think?

JUPITERASC

Someone told me that scorpio is a sensual zodiac sign because it represents reprodution and thus, sex.

However I simply cant see how this is true, for a wide number of reasons. One being that scorpio is a WATER sign.

The whole thing about water is its the opposite theme of materialism and sensuality and the flesh. Its all about impracticality and spirituality. Scorpio is a water sign, so how on earth can it representing sex mean its a sensual or materalistic sign when only earth signs are sensual and materialistic?

My best guess is that scorpio is the sign of sex because sex isnt about the flesh, and that sex has more to do with spirituality somehow than it does materialism. Maybe I'm wrong.

What do you guys think?
depends on perspective :smile:
Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.

The image of the Scorpion is feminine, nocturnal, solid, terrestrial,
creeping, servile, silent, fertile, poisonous, unchangeable, fierce, thievish,
with many limbs, lying and of the west wind.
It indicates inquiries, deception, lawsuits, fights and mysticism.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Scorpio
are disproportioned and awkward, tricky, turbulent, base, covetous,
lying, bitter because the Scorpion is stingy, competitive, powerful,
with short head, delicate voice, round light green eyes, sharp nose,
lower lip bent, coarse hair, dark, military commanders, generals, destroyers of property,
thieves, murderers, traitors, burglars and haters of their own families.
The front is weaker, but the back is robust.
Domicile of Mars, depression of Moon,

it controls the reproductive organs, the muscular system, the urinary system,
the lower gastrointestinal tract.
It causes skin diseases on account of the rough skin and blindness on account of the sting.
It is like-empowered with Capricorn, like-ascending with Gemini
and like-engirding with Aries, and medium in both Hemispheres.
It is autumnal, cold and dry for the north, and vernal, hot and moist for the south.
Scorpio obeys Cancer for the north and commands it for the south.
Scorpio controls Metagonitis, Mauritania, Gaetulia, Syria, Comangene and Cappadocia.

The claws are rising up to the 7th degree, the head up to the 11th,
the body and Antares up to the 19th, the back up to the 24th,
and the sting up to the 30th.

The first 7° belong to Mars - embezzlements, dangers, travel
The next 4° belong to Venus - fortune, those who advance unexpectedly through others
The next 8° belong to Mercury - abiding, some become bankers and administrators
The next 5° belong to Jupiter - increase, advancement, inheritances
The final 6° belong to Saturn - necessity, constraint, infertile

Forehead - Mars and moderately Saturn
Body - Mars and moderately Jupiter
Joints - Saturn and moderately Venus
Sting - Mars and Mercury
M7 - Mars and the Moon

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars
as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri.
Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos.
William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages.
Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.
Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

b29cf0a65f.gif

Saggie87RN

What do you guys think?

Great question. In my opinion, sex can really go beyond the sensual/ materialistic and is more about the conjoining of two people (or more). Sex can be intense, passionate, spiritual, addictive, and life-changing. These are all traits that represent Scorpio and its ruler Pluto.

JUPITERASC

SCP11

What do you guys think?

It is a fixed water sign, with traditional ruler as Mars which is a planet associated with sexuality so i think those two things could contribute. The fixed nature may make it less up in the ethers lol. An interesting association with water is that it is linked to memory and the subconscious. If you think about sexual organs, they store genetic potential. Another thing is that Scorpio is the middle of Autumn... a nice image i have associated with scorpio is how the trees extract all the chlorophyll and it is actually stored in the tree for surviving through the winter. With that image again we get this sense of storing something, reserving, holding onto. Again, reminds me of the storing of genetic potential waiting for birth associated with sexual organs.