Natal chart generated has an error?

Hello! I’m a brand new member, been digging for resources on a strange issue in my natal chart - I just began my path in astrology a few months ago, and I’m using the sidereal zodiac.

I don’t own any software yet, so I’m using online generators for most of my studying. I didn’t notice this issue for a while until recently I was pulling up dates for uranus transits and realized my natal chart shows a planet in a position that doesn’t line up with any ephemeris that I can find online.

In my natal chart, it shows Uranus in retrograde in scorpio 28 degrees 17 minutes in my 12th house. I’m using the equal(vehlow) house system, ayanamsa lahiri. I was born at 00:55 am, April 28 1986.

I tried out all the other ayanamsas but I still get the same result - the problem is, uranus is not in scorpio on April 28 1986. Is it a glitch? Or was it in retrograde in scorpio for a short time?

Planetary position on Natal chart - Incorrect?

Hi all,

I've only been at this a few months, so I'll admit this might just be a newbie issue, but I have a natal chart I've been working on and the placement for Uranus makes no sense. I only have online resources but all the ephemeris info I can find for Uranus in Sidereal shows Uranus was in Sagittarius, not Scorpio - at the time on this natal chart.

IS this a glitch? or did Uranus go retrograde into scorpio for a hot minute in '86?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

peace

Foxastrologer

Attachments

• Sidereal Lahiri Vehlow J.jpg
    Sidereal Lahiri Vehlow J.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 21

Drsendero

Re: Planetary position on Natal chart - Incorrect?

Hello,
The chart appears correct to me, if using the Lahiri ayanamsa for a sidereal chart. Uranus is in Scorpio in the Fagan-Bradley, Krishnamurti, and Raman ayanamsas also. However, Uranus was in Sagittarius in the tropical zodiac on that date. Are you sure you weren't inadvertently looking at its tropical position when you saw it in Sagittarius?

Apologies for the redundant double post - I didn’t know the newbie posts were hand moderated so I thought I was having issues with my browser when the post didn’t appear.

@drsendero

I checked the other ayanamsas through the chart generator and arrived at the same conclusion - none of them crossed over the cusp into sagittarius, and I couldn’t find a sidereal ephemeris online, so I figured I had either found a glitch or that it was a sidereal vs tropical issue. Thank you for confirming!

I’m sure I should just pick up my own copy of a sidereal ephemeris and this whole thing would be resolved, lol - But I’m also working on a chart for a friend born 8pm march 4th 1987 in los angeles, and their placement for uranus is in sagittarius, so I guess I’m just wondering when uranus actually went into sagittarius in sidereal so it clears things up? Guess I should just trust these generators a little more willingly - obviously they get an accurate enough ephemeris.

Drsendero

It looks like Uranus went retrograde into Scorpio on June 8 and moved back into Sagittarius on November 11 in 1987, according to the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa. Using Lahiri, the dates in Scorpio were July 13th until October 19th. So, this isn't a tropical vs. sidereal issue at all.

You can safely trust the online chart calculators, astro.com is good and I do like the one you used in your post. There are free software programs online that you can download also, if you poke around online you'll find them.

JUPITERASC

It looks like Uranus went retrograde into Scorpio on June 8 and moved back into Sagittarius on November 11 in 1987, according to the Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa. Using Lahiri, the dates in Scorpio were July 13th until October 19th. So, this isn't a tropical vs. sidereal issue at all.

You can safely trust the online chart calculators, astro.com is good and I do like the one you used in your post. There are free software programs online that you can download also, if you poke around online you'll find them.
Reliable online software calculation :smile:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/

MORINUS

is downloadable

http://www.sevenstarsastrology.com/free-traditional-astrology-software-morinus/