some observation for the people who read charts here

ukdesifem

I think where you are in the world can affect how transits affect you. But then the natal chart never lies, so if a person has a Leo Mercury, or a Jupiter in Pisces, or a Moon in Gemini, s/he will be a strong speaker, or an expansive humanitarian, or have intellectualised emotions for life.

Love2Know

I have issues with the term "lucky",
It is too loosey-goosey.

Most of us walk around feeling unlucky most of the time. Also my birthtime is correct.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have issues with the term "lucky",
It is too loosey-goosey.

Most of us walk around feeling unlucky most of the time. Also my birthtime is correct.

That's only because you haven't researched it, and my dog "Lucky" is not that way at all either.

I can specifiy when you are lucky and when you are not to the minute.

Ninneveh

That's only because you haven't researched it, and my dog "Lucky" is not that way at all either.

I can specifiy when you are lucky and when you are not to the minute.

Could you recommend some good sources on determining an individual's luck?

Last edited:

waybread

I am not a professional, but have been a pretty dedicated amateur for about 24 years. In my experience:

1. transpersonal planets will not have a significant impact on a person's life until the first saturn return, unless

a. the transpersonal planets are angular very close to asc-desc or mc-ic
b. the transpersonal planets are in a sign in good dignity
c. the transpersonal planets are conjunct with nort node which has the tendency to magnify
d. the transpersonal planet that can be correlated with the ascendant has a heavy transit to sun, moon, etc, like pluto for scorpio, uranus for aquarius, neptune for pisces

These planets are operative from birth. Nearly everybody will have them in play with one or more personal planets and angles.

pls so stop over analyzing 25 planets, 300 arabic points, 4,000 asteroids when 85% of the issues can be correlated with the personal planets

Who do you know (or know of) who does this?

2. a lot of people don't know their exact birth time
This is a problem, although most posters from India have a birth time down to an exact minute, not rounded to the nearest 5. But it isn't a huge problem if the recorded time is reasonably close. If a planet looks cuspy, read it in the next house anyway. House systems differ on cusp locations, anyway, so they should always be taken with a grain of salt.

3. relocation matters, a lot

if a person moves to the west he can switch ascendant and put his 12th house miserable planets into the 1st where they will have a benefic effect; for a specific case a 10th house retrograde saturn that creates delay in career...

The birth chart is the basic road map. Relocation can have an effect, but usually it will be highly significant only if people move some hundreds of km (or miles) from their birth place. (Refer back to comment on cuspy planets.)

4. wearing gemstones for a long period has an effect on you

This is popular in Vedic astrology and amongst some traditional western astrologers. Modern western astrologers take a more choice-centered view towards life (vs. relying on a material object as a kind of fetish,) but may recommend that someone wear more gold to strengthen a sun, red to strengthen a Mars, and so on. Generally I feel much better wearing diamonds. :biggrin:

5. a retrograde planet hiting a solar arc is by magnitudes greater than any regular transit except an angular pluto transit, or pluto transit to the nodes

Which could contradict your first point, but OK.

solar arc is a form of progression, you move the whole chart by one degree for every year and you only use the personal planets

if you have saturn in libra at 28 degrees and you are over 30 it means the solar arc of that saturn is at 28-29deg sco or 1-2deg sag max, so if you didn't learn your libra saturn lessons well you will get a second unexpected hit in the stomach once transiting saturn goes retrograde over that solar arc saturn; the effects go backwards in house let's say you got natally saturn at 28 deg libra in 9th and the solar arc is at 29 deg scorpio in 10th house which means that when transiting saturn will go retrograde over that position the hyper reality of the dog-eat-dog world (29deg sco 10th) will crush your perfect little pink ideals of how the world should be (28deg lib 9th); transits like this are short and potent

There is no hard-and-fast rule with solar arcs about using only personal planets. Some will use angles as well as outer planets. I find that sometimes solar arcs work well, but not consistently so. Then you always have to take the chart as a whole. Perfect little pink ideals??? We're on planet earth here, right?

caveat: this thread is an opinion

Yes, we can tell.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Could you recommend some good sources on determining an individual's luck?

The sources were my own research on the subject which compared transits to secondary progressed chart using astrodynes.

During the research which lasted over a period of about 10 months, I charted the times that were determined to have the highest luck based on my forumula and bought lottery tickets, by my wife. My wife has an overall greater financial luck than I do, and her geo-luck line is closer than mine(which is in the ocean near madagascar). Whenever I told her to buy the tickets, and she was able to buy them within 3 minutes of when I told her to do it, she always got at least two or three of the numbers. Whenever, without fail during the test period, that she bought tickets on her own, she never got any numbers correct.

JUPITERASC

Determining 'financial luck potential'
is usually of interest :smile:

HOUSES OF WEALTH
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49941

The 2nd house is the first house that most people aware of it importance in term of possessions and attitude toward money etc in a lower level. In higher level, 2nd hous also represents our personal values such as self-esteem etc.

The sign, ruler of the 2nd house' cusp, the ruler's location in the chart, for and against aspects from other planets are some basic cues.

2nd house represents how a native spends and save money and what kind of things this individual treasure the most. For example, ruler of the 2nd house in 2nd house, the native has stronger than usual urge to acquire security in both material or/ and spiritual.

In positive way, ruler in his own house has the greatest power, in 2nd house will motivate this native to learn the skill to earn stable income and even motivate other people to do the same.

In a negative way, this native can become overindulgent, desire for possessions, luxury, money and a life of ease can also blind this person and therefore as an obstacle this person may have difficulty to reach spiritual enlightenment.

However, what sorts of things this native really treasures about will depending on the planet/s in the house and sign
as well as the aspects with other planets and the native's overall personality.
After all, 2nd house is only 1/12 part of a person.
We should also remeber current attitude and trends are also depending on the planteary period at the time.

JUPITERASC

10 YEAR CHINESE LUCKY CYCLE https://www.astrologysoftware.com/per/PersonalRep/pdf/Luck_Cycles_sample.pdf :smile:

'.....In Chinese divination history
there are said to be three dif
ferent kinds of luck that we each
have.

There is what is called Man Luck,
the luck that results from our own actions, the decisions we make,
and the kind of morals and virtues we live.

The second kind of luck is often called Earth Luck,
this is the province of Feng Shui, the art of placement,
not only of objects in our home, but of the home itself,
what part of the country we want to live, and our surroundings.

The third type of luck, and the subject of the above pdf report,
is Heaven's Luck, the luck of our particular destiny....'

dhundhun

Good Luck is felt by others. Bad luck is felt by individual.

TYPICALLY:
Good luck -I did this. I did that. (basically self-praise)
Bad luck - God did this. God did that. (basically blame game)

It is not uncommon for person will "Good Luck" lecturing - there is nothing like luck. What you do, you get that. I did this. I did that.

In Western Astrology, Jupiter is major benefic and Venus is minor benefic. For example, Jupiter or Venus sextile to Sun will make person lucky. Jupiter or Venus rising is likely to give good childhood experiences. If they are placed in 8th, the person enjoys spouse wealth and so on.

In Vedic Astrology, there are 100s of yogas. Some of them make person lucky. For example: Panch Mahapurus Yoga (five combinations making person great):

• Ruchaka yoga: Mars in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - brave, arrogant, the victor.
  • Bhadra yoga: Mercury in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - intellectual, learned, rich.
  • Hamsa yoga: Jupiter in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - religious, very fortunate.
  • Malavaya yoga: Venus in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - wealthy, loves life, sometimes self-indulgent, good marriage, strong sense of justice.
  • Shasya yoga: Saturn in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - powerful, strict, position of authority.
Above five points are excerpts from: http://www.dirah.org/yogas.htm.

Initially focus was on three areas: wealth, power and health. Later it got extended to five areas. So couple of yogas makes a person intelligent (lucky in studies), couple of yogas makes person wealthy (lucky for money) and so on.

Last edited:

dhundhun

Some aspects make person lucky. For example multiple grand-trines - it makes life too easy. It is not uncommon for people with multiple grand-trine to go suicidal on any occurrence of challenges.

Ideal lucky aspect is Kite.

Another lucky aspect is pentagon. The person rises above as situation demands.

dhundhun

What does wearing gold do

It seems no one answered, so let me reply.

Gold is metal for Sun. Wearing gold strengthens Sun. It is specially useful, if Sun in afflicted in chart.

I would bath in gold if i could.

Since Sun is afflicted in your chart (Mars opposes Sun), wearing Gold will always help your Sun. Since Sun is in 11th, it might be impressing your friends and you might be getting appreciations.

But whenever you wear gold, it is likley to weaken or hurt Mars in 5th. That could either make 5th strong or could make 5th weak. 5th is house for love, children, etc... If wearing gold weakens 5th, now, you might not want to weaken 5th house by wearing Gold - would you? You need to make finer observations and decide on it.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Dhundhun,

I don't always agree with your posts for a western human bein', but I really enjoy reading your viewpoint. And I love how your icon is a photo of you---probably.

Zarathu

dhundhun

Dhundhun,

I don't always agree with your posts for a western human bein', but I really enjoy reading your viewpoint. And I love how your icon is a photo of you---probably.

Zarathu

Thanks Zarathu,

You are correct about the icon, that is my photo.

Dhundhun.

Kannon

As to crystals and gemstones, yes, absolutely they can create a highly active counter-balance to inborn astrological characteristic patterns.

I have my own web page where I address how they can be used with some personal testimonials of my own: http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/crystals-gems/

I have found The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall to be very reliable when it comes to knowing the stones, their effect, etc.

If you study your planetary 'rulerships' the principles involved here show up just as much in western tropical astrology as they do in Vedic. Its just that with a more 'rationalist' intellectual tendency in the west it is more easily discounted by astrologers here as a bit too 'woo-woo.' Maybe they are trying to maintain some mainstream credibility instead coming across as full-on 'new age.' I don't give a fiddler's fart about such things. I care about the health, well being and balance of my clients.

If someone could point to a systematic methodology (in case it hasn't been or I've missed it) - maybe Vedic - that uses the birth chart to point to appropriate gemstones/crystals, that would be great. I think western astrology is really lacking here when contrasted to the eastern/Vedic approach. Notions of fate or 'bad' charts get reinforced that way when people think there is nothing they can do about it.

Maybe a particular book outline such a methodology - or a website.

Its all energy and energy can be changed with consciousness and directed intent. The Earth provides us with tools, wonderful gifts to bring healing and balance into our lives.

JUPITERASC

Good Luck is felt by others. Bad luck is felt by individual.

TYPICALLY:
Good luck -I did this. I did that. (basically self-praise)
Bad luck - God did this. God did that. (basically blame game)

It is not uncommon for person will "Good Luck" lecturing - there is nothing like luck. What you do, you get that. I did this. I did that.

In Western Astrology,
Jupiter is major benefic
and Venus is minor benefic.
For example, Jupiter or Venus sextile to Sun will make person lucky.
Jupiter or Venus rising is likely to give good childhood experiences.
If they are placed in 8th,
the person enjoys spouse wealth and so on.

In Vedic Astrology, there are 100s of yogas. Some of them make person lucky. For example: Panch Mahapurus Yoga (five combinations making person great):

• Ruchaka yoga: Mars in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - brave, arrogant, the victor.
  • Bhadra yoga: Mercury in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - intellectual, learned, rich.
  • Hamsa yoga: Jupiter in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - religious, very fortunate.
  • Malavaya yoga: Venus in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - wealthy, loves life, sometimes self-indulgent, good marriage, strong sense of justice.
  • Shasya yoga: Saturn in its own sign or in exaltation, and in a kendra house - powerful, strict, position of authority.
Above five points are excerpts from: http://www.dirah.org/yogas.htm.

Initially focus was on three areas: wealth, power and health. Later it got extended to five areas. So couple of yogas makes a person intelligent (lucky in studies), couple of yogas makes person wealthy (lucky for money) and so on.
Thread discussion REMEDIAL ASTROLOGY
SUPPORTING VENUS AND JUPITER :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31591

Supporting Jupiter and Venus: Remedial Astrology

Most important is the direction of one's thoughts and emotions toward positive Venus and Jupiter qualities: a happy outlook, expansiveness, optimism, hope for the future, a fair, reasoning and just outlook, tempered with mercy and empathy, kindness toward oneself as well as toward others, LOVE-all these are energies which resonate with the qualities of Venus and Jupiter: fill your energy field with these feelings and thought-qualities-by your WILL in directing your thoughts-and you will attract the "rays" of Venus and Jupiter into your field. Cultivate these qualities in your inner life and you will cultivate Venus and Jupiter within yourself.

However, there are other "objective" measures, based on traditional planetary affinities, which can also be incorporated into supporting these planetary influences within your energy (bioenergetic) field. One need not use all of these measures, but at least some should be followed:

Some examples:

+aromas, that is perfumes, scents for the air in the home, incense:
-sweet, flowery aromas; jasmine; musk; light and fragrant scents;
ROSE (Venus),
rosemary, sage: these should be used

-very heavy odors, spicy scents, peppery scents, sharp odors, astringent scents, smoke scents, should be avoided (heavy = Saturn, sharp, peppery = Mars)

+tastes: that is, the flavors of foods, candy, condiments, drinks
-sweet taste (but not overly sugar) is affinitive to both Venus and Jupiter; also mild (bland) taste (Moon) and salty (but not overly salted-also affinitive to Moon)
-bitter taste is most important to avoid (Mars and Saturn); sour and astringent tastes should be minimal; pungent/spicy (Mars) also should be kept to a minimum

+colors: that is, colors you wear,
colors in your home environment

-white, green (light green and bright green,
NOT dark or dull green),
lemon color (bright)
pink (light pink), all are Venus affinitive
(white also for Jupiter);
saffron excellent for Jupiter;
also turquoise, light or bright blue color (Jupiter);
silver also (Moon affinitive)

-black, brown, dark, indigo, grey, heavy colors (of any hue) should be avoided (Saturn affinitive); red, scarlet, crimson also (Mars affinitive); gold, bright yellow, orange are Sun affinitive-however Sun might not be the best influence to emphasize when trying to support Venus and Jupiter so exposure to these colors should be kept minimal; violet (Mercury affinitive) also should be kept minimal; purple is affinitive to Jupiter and can be used, but it should be a bright purple, not a dull or reddish dominated or dark purple color (these would connect it more with Saturn or-if reddish dominated-with Mars)

+personal ornaments
(stones, crystals, jewellery, metals worn on the body)

-copper (Venus)
and
tin (Jupiter) should be used
;

silver (Moon) also; however, no nickel plated items (nickel affinitive to Mars);

gems/crystals to be considered
are green colored stones (Venus),

silver or white (but not black) pearls (Moon),
clear and also white stones or crystals,
pink hued stones/crystals,
also bright blue stones
and turquoise

-iron, steel, nickel-plated items, black or brown stones or crystals, dark colored ones of any hue; red, orange, violet, grey stones/gems/crystals should be avoided;

there is a question about yellow stones and crystals:
this again brings in a Sun affinity,
which is not what we are really looking for here,
this also applies to wearing gold itself
- I would suggest either eliminating gold during this time,
or keeping exposure to gold
(and to golden and yellow stones)
to a minimum

waybread

Are we really so serious about the astrology of luck, people? Isn't that sort of shallow? What about fulfilling our potentials and higher purposes as human beings, or simply learning how to better give and accept love and appreciation with other people?

The God in whom I believe is far more powerful and beneficent than a reliance on "lucky" stones or dates. But I suppose that atheists have to fall back on something else other than their own spiritual values.

Lion o ness

I'm not an astrology expert, nor do I know much. I'm a beginner and just know the basic's.
With that I can't offer a professional opinion, but I can offer my own personal experiences. :lol:

I have Jupiter in h10 in Sag, I just have this luck where things just seem to work out.. (FYI this is my natal chart, and i relocated 3000 miles 36 years ago)
My luck isn't winning the lotto, or becoming rich.. Things just seem to work them self out...
I had an extremly rough childhood, but I over came all of that.
Some examples of luck, everyone at work in my dept, got either laid off, or transferred to positions they didn't want.. I was the last one standing, my position was up for lay off next.. The regional mgr moved to another area, (he was deciding the lay offs) it was never brought up again.

Some may call it dumb luck, but I have many stories like this, where things just seemed to work out...

A little over a year ago, I was having money problems.. My entire check was going to all of my bills.
I went to a spiritual fair, and bought a stone to increase wealth.
Did I become rich, NO, did I get another job, or have extra money?? nO.
But ironically due to a series of events, and some game planning, I paid off all my debit, which was killing me. I was then able to start saving.
I started looking into buying a house. I was told it would be hard, since I didn't have enough cash in hand for the down/closing.
I still wanted to look, and see what happens. I figured "things just work out"
I got a grant for down, and found a motivated seller that "refused" to sell to an investor. The seller paid ALL of the closing cost, and now I'm a home owner, sitting in such a much better situation.
I personal say it's due to the stone.
I keep the stone in my bag, in the zipper pocket, when ever I change bags, I move the stone from bag to bag.

So for me. I believe in luck, and I think it shows in my natal.
:happy:

Now relationships, I suck at... I need a love/relationship stone now .
:andy:

Love2Know

It seems no one answered, so let me reply.

Gold is metal for Sun. Wearing gold strengthens Sun. It is specially useful, if Sun in afflicted in chart.

Since Sun is afflicted in your chart (Mars opposes Sun), wearing Gold will always help your Sun. Since Sun is in 11th, it might be impressing your friends and you might be getting appreciations.

But whenever you wear gold, it is likley to weaken or hurt Mars in 5th. That could either make 5th strong or could make 5th weak. 5th is house for love, children, etc... If wearing gold weakens 5th, now, you might not want to weaken 5th house by wearing Gold - would you? You need to make finer observations and decide on it.

I find wearing gold very calming. I love the colour... ok i have venus rising jup with sun and jup 8th... does this mean my husband will be rich??? I did have a really good home life.. problem i hated school and was sick a lot. No one is totally "lucky". I hate the term lucky because it is so out of your control! I find your actions and choices and being a decent person helps.. i am very loving but i gossip with my mother a lot.. I am less harsh than her though lol she stings but in a hilarious way... scorp rising merc sag... also i dont find my hard sspects negative... but i could say this i think my saturn should be first i am really hard on myself.. the way i look.. i know i think its afflicted venus but whatever.. gold helps.

Well jup 8.. i never had to support myself.. i guess that is true actually. I read jup in 4th is the best early retirement. Though what i find lucky... is all the amazing people in my family. I find this more a blessing. I really admire my family.. they are always there for me. That is the most important.
Ps i find some of the describtions of astrological placements and aspects seem to be written by jaded crackheads.

Last edited: