End of massage therapy and new writing gig?

barbh

Account Closed
Hi there
It's been on my mind a lot lately and so I finally cornered it into a question. When will I be able to give up my massage career, and when will I get my next writing gig?
I've been doing massage for 20 years... part time now, and also do writing for magazines and papers as well. I lost my writing job in January and am looking for a new one. In a perfect world, I would want the new writing gig to be lucrative enough to enable me to drop massage completely, but that is unlikely right away. I asked these two questions together because they are related. They could happen at the same time, so we shall see.

March 30, 2008 7:44am Vancouver Bc 49N 123W

When end massage for good and when get new writing work?

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3;btyp=w2gw;cid=chifileqy8vSY-u1202698060;nhor=1

The first part is figuring out what house represents what. Massage is a career, but its also a 6th house activity. Something i don't enjoy much, is routine, and pays the bills, and is in health care. I will use the 6th house for my massage. Writing...well, i could just use the 3rd house for that, although it has jupiter and 9th house overtones

I am Venus, exalted in the 12th house. Massage, if i use the 6th, is mercury, in its fall in the 12th house, and it has passed venus, me, recently, showing that i am indeed over it. However, the 10th ruler Saturn is retro on the cusp of the 6th, which could be another way of saying massage is receding.

Now, the end of massage would be the 4th from the 6th, or the 9th. Pluto is right there on the cusp, so I must be on the right track. The 9th is ruled by Saturn, again, on the cusp of the 6th. Is there an aspect between venus, or moon to saturn? Nope. but the almuten of the 9th is venus, and the moon is applying to sextile venus in 2 degrees. Can I use that?

As for the writing, i could just be general and use the moon in cap, ruling the 3rd of writing, in the 10th applying to conjunct jup in fall in the 10th in 2 degrees, since I want writing to be my 10th house thing. They are both in fall though, so no essential dignity, but they are angular.

ok, that's about as far as i can go with this. am I on the right track??
thanks
barbh

starlink

Hi Barb, I am a bit late in seeing this one, had 3 days no internet access, just awful. I now know what addicts feel if they cant have their drugs :)!

So you are doing massages and want to write.

The Ascendant is quite early, but just over the required degree.
You are Venus, exhalted in Pisces and not so happy in the 12th, the house of secret things and self-undoing. You might be a little bit too confident (Venus in Exhaltation)of wanting to leave the massage carreer behind, which could be dangerous as there can be some unknown facts regarding the new type of business.But we will go on.

It is clear that you want to write as Venus was just conjuncted by Mercury, making you think of that and Venus just left the conjunction with Uranus which is the modern ruler of your 10th, also showing your tendency to change your career.
Jupiter disposes of Venus and he is in the 10th, conjunct your co-significator Moon, very high op in the sky!, both accidentally dignified. This looks good!
Venus however is in terms and face of Mars, which makes me think that somehow other people have something to say in the matter? Are you looking for support from others before you will decide? as Moon is approaching Jupiter?. Also Moon left the opposition to Mars, so you might also have had some conflict with others over this issue. Moon also squared Sun recently...... (I first thought it was a partner, but I know you are not married so it must be other people's opinion you are not sure about maybe.

But you seem to have made up your mind about leaving the massage job, hence your question: "when will I leave the massage job"

Ruler of 10 is Saturn and Saturn retrogrades towards Leo. This is the time of "thinking about what to do and when to do it." He will turn direct on the 3rd of May and will trine your Ascendant on the 12th of June. This is one time frame. The next could be to look at the 10th of the 10th, as being your next job, ruled by the Moon and in Capricorn where he is in detriment and he is slow. Good thing is that it is accidentally dignified and about to conjunct Jupiter and it's last two aspects are a sextile to Venus (you) and Mercury, the ruler of your 3rd house of writings. So in fact it will transfer the light from you to the writing. These are all signs to me that you indeed are set to do this. The ruler of your next job would be Mars and indeed we find Mars in your 3rd, very appropriate for a writing job. Mars and Venus do not apply, in fact Venus left the trine and they will only join up, but then in square aspect, when Venus enters Aries, the sign of her detriment. She will then also come under the Sunbeams. Sun, being the ruler of your 5th house of creativity will also be squared by Mars, which to me looks as if something might go wrong with this new venture.
You wrote
use the moon in cap, ruling the 3rd of writing
I dont agree with you here because the Moon does not rule the 3rd, it is Mercury, also in the 12th and Mercury is also in detriment in Pisces and in terms of Mars. I dont know if this is really the right thing to do for you,even though you would love to leave the massage parlour behind

Also, I would not use the 6th or the 3rd as rulers of the jobs. Jobs are always 10th house things. 6th house shows people who work for you and 3rd house just shows things to do with writings and communications. It does not show your job. It does not matter how trivial your job is, it is always the 10th.The workcircumstances are shown by the 6th and then you see that Mercury is really not happy being in detriment and in the 12th. But the work circumstances of your 2nd job would be your 12th, not great. Mars as ruler of the 2nd job is also not good in Cancer, even though he is ruler of the triplicity, but he is in fall.

The change, if you are going to do it, could be soon. Moon going to conj. Jupiter in 1 something, could be one month (because he is in Capricorn and slow), Venus will square Mars, the new job (Venus being in detriment as well by then and Mars in fall, but by then in term of Venus and face of the Moon)
Maybe that shows a job for you, but I dont think you will be very happy with it.

Part of Fortune falls at 11° Aquarius 38' but as the 11th is the 2nd of the 10th house, it could only show that the income from this job is where you will be lucky. Also the North Node is there. This shows only that you should not loose hope, but in fact has no relevance to this question.

Saturn, your 10th house ruler will trine Pluto in the 9th but very soon after that leaves the trine again when he goes direct. Maybe this shows you will pull back from it.

These are my thoughts about this chart.
If you want to look at the end of the matter for each job, the first has the Moon in detriment but accidentally dignified in the 10th and going to conjunct Jupiter in fall, sextile Venus in exhaltation, then sextile Mercury in detriment.
End of the matter for the next job would be ruled by Saturn retrograde, again I think that you will change your mind about it.

I hope I have grossly overseen some really potential good things here (and I tend not te be blinded by obvious good positions like Moon and Jupiter), but practically all rulers are either in fall or detriment, except for Venus, but she is in the 12th and I am afraid that you might aim a little too high here or underestimate the challenges coming at you. Like I said, a planet in exhaltation but in 12, could maybe a little bit too optimistic.

I think that, even though the massage job is boring, it is still, like you say, bringing in the money. The 2 nd job would also bring in the same sort of money but ruled by Saturn retro and in Fall, it will not be any better than what you earn now.

Let me know what you think.Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

barbh

Account Closed
Thanks for that Star.

You said ' Moon also squared Sun recently...... (I first thought it was a partner, but I know you are not married so it must be other people's opinion you are not sure about maybe')

(How do you put quotes in that little box like you did in your post?)

Anyhoo, I wonder if that moon square sun was when I lost my last writing gig. It was a really good one, I had it for a few years, but I lost it in mid January. Definitely upsetting. The Sun rules bosses and those in authority etc..so maybe that's what that was. It could also be the moon recently opposing Mars...conflict.

I wonder if we have different chart cusps. My chart has 0 Cancer 35 on the 3rd cusp, and 14 Cap 59 on the 10th, using Regio. I just wondered since you said you had Mercury ruling the 3rd.

so, you see massage as my first job, and writing as my second job. I don't see where you get the moon ruling the 2nd job. You mentioned the 10th from the 10th, but wouldn't that be the 7th house, ruled by Mars?

Support from others.....well, that isn't really an issue. It's just me going for it. I suppose i could use support from the powers that rule the magazines :p, or maybe it means someone will end up helping me out?

Star said
"These are my thoughts about this chart.
If you want to look at the end of the matter for each job, the first has the Moon in detriment but accidentally dignified in the 10th and going to conjunct Jupiter in fall, sextile Venus in exhaltation, then sextile Mercury in detriment.
End of the matter for the next job would be ruled by Saturn retrograde, again I think that you will change your mind about it."

So, you mean the end of the matter for the massage job is moon to jupiter, which ends in a sextile to mercury in detriment, meaning the end of the massage job will indeed be a writing job (it would have to be).
and the 2nd job is the writing job, but i may change my mind about it, or it will again morph into something else down the line.

So, you think the next writing gig will be the one where I quit massage finally?

thanks Star
barbh

starlink

Hi Barb,I looked at the chart again and guess what, I my programm did not automatically adjust to the Summer time, so I should have put in 6.44 instead of 7.44. Like that I do get a 3rd housecusp on 0° Cancer.
Strangely enough almost everything else is the same. My Ascendant also at 3°43, 2nd housecusp and 3rd did fall in Gemini, now the 3rd in Cancer. But 4th cusp falls in Cancer again and Scorpio on 7. 10th house also 14 Capri, like the first chart I did, so the Angles are all the same, just the in between housecusps are not.

Now to come back to the second job as being the 10th house calculated from your 10th house, is signified by Scorpio with Mars as ruler. You saw the mistake I made, I must have been totally distracted or something, of course
Moon does not rule your 2nd job, but Mars does and he is in Cancer in fall. I somehow mixed the dispositor of Mars and the Mars position being in Cancer, see what I mean? I must have been sleeping I guess. Sorry about that.
Even so, my reasonings afterwards stay the same, except for Mercury ruling the 3rd, what should then be the Moon and that looks totally different of course, because Moon is accidentally dignified in the 10th even though he is slow, so the 2nd job as I see it, ruled by Mars in your 3rd in Cancer and disposed of by Moon in the 10th in Capricorn.
OK. Mars is in fall and Moon, apart from being acc. dignified, is in detriment and slow. He will however conjunct Jupiter who is in fall in Capri. So in other words, two accidentally dignified planets but who are both really weak, are getting together. This somehow looks to me as being in a high position but not being able to maintain it. I also think it could mean a lot of work for you.
Look what Saturn is going to do. He disposes of Moon and Jupiter and he will move back, in May (3rd) direction of the 6th house of work. Mercury rules this house and is not happy in Pisces, it's detriment and will be peregrine in Aries. He will be in term of Jupiter in 10, so maybe it will be then that you will jump over to writing again, somewhere beginning May maybe. Always difficult to pinpoint. As Moon is slow it might take a bit longer to get going on this.

I am a bit concerned about the significators though. Mars will not aspect Venus because Venus will have disappeared into Aries and will square Mars as I wrote before. Mars also does not aspect the Moon, your co-ruler. They separated from an opposition when Moon was still in the 9th.
The Ascendant will sextile Mars in 7° (weeks maybe, Taurus is also not too fast) and then will square the POF in the 11th (where it is allowed some dignity, but is considered weak in Aquarius) in 8° which could be a week later.
End of the matter is ruled by Moon in detriment who will conjunct Jupiter in 1°, and Mercury, house of work, in 6° approx (weeks), which could get to a bit longer and strech out to 7 weeks because Moon is slow (even though he is in a Cardinal sign and Angular house which normally would be days).
Maybe around that time you will start the writing job. But I am not sure if it will take of as well as you would like it to be, due to all the detriments, falls and peregrine planets. Mars should also move into terms of Mercury, then Venus (between 13 and 27° Cancer).

Cheers, Star.

I think the beginning could be quite difficult for you but could get better by the time Venus reaches Taurus which could be about 9 month time (cadent houses very slow. also could be indeterminable time period).

starlink

Oh, by the way, when you want to Quote a sentence from another post, you first copy and paste the sentence into your answer (post), then highlight the sentence and then click on this little yellow square with the scribble in it you see here (in the line above the post, where you also do the B I U, all the way to the right.)That is all. The words Quote will appear at the beginning and at the end of your sentence.

barbh

Account Closed
Thanks for clarifying that Star!
I followed everything you said and it totally makes sense. May sounds about right actually, since i am looking for something now. I'll let you know when, and what transpires in this quest for work.
I appreciate you letting me know why you said what you said. I do learn a ton from you!!
thanks again
barbh

starlink

Thanks Barb. I am now like a real freak reading this Horary Textbook of John Frawley and last night about the >Mutual Receptions and conjunctions, soooo super well written and so incredibly logically explained, gosh, I have to read it again. You see, about those "accidentally dignified" planets, like that Moon and Jupiter for instance in this chart. It does not really help very much to be in this place if cannot act on what you want to accomplish here. Both Moon and Jupiter are weak. They lack the power to act, so the good placement cannot be really used adequately. Same for conjunctions. Now here we have to good planets getting together, which means, they could help one another. But being both weak, they wont be able to do much for one another. That's why so often a YES can actually be a NO. You see a super trine, but between two very weak situated planets. forget it, there will be a contact, but so weak, that it will most probably not last, so John and Mary will not marry, even though it looks like they will. And a nasty square CAN give a Yes, when the planets are both strongly placed, in some of their own dignities or MReceptions. It will take a bit more to get there, some temporarily delays of problems to get out of the way, but they will marry!
I hope I will soon be able to apply all these very sublte differences. It is the most fascinating thing I have learned up till now.(Horary, I mean). Cheers, Star.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Star
I know, I'm reading it for the 2nd time now too...there's just so much one misses the first time.
Your explanations are wonderful and really help, especially when you refer to his passages in the book. AG did that on one post, so I was able to go to the relevant chapter and paragraph and see what he said. It's so nice when we all have the same book!! :p
I'm always wondering about accidentally dignified planets...are they any good at all? It sounds like 'not really' is the answer. If they are weak, like the moon and Jup, and they are applying, it means they are indeed coming together, so something is coming, but how good can it truly be.

I'm going to try that 'quote' thing you mentioned and see if it works:

Star said

So in other words, two accidentally dignified planets but who are both really weak, are getting together. This somehow looks to me as being in a high position but not being able to maintain it. I also think it could mean a lot of work for you.

Alrighty then, we shall see what happens
thanks
barbh

starlink

WOW, you did it`I remember the first time I did this, I also had no idea how to do it. I think Draco told me back then. Yes, great that we have the same book. It has replaced my daily chocolate intake LOL!! Gives me great satisfaction! Cheers, STar.

barbh

Account Closed
Hey Star, could you help me with timing for my other question in 'relational horary?" It's under 'will he call and when?" AG gave me some guidelines as how to interpret it, so I did. I just need some feedback as to if i did it correctly or not. ???
thanks
barbh