Being attacked by a demon

darkmonkey87

I need a little help here. When I was younger I had a sleep paralysis and this white orb went into me I never felt it left I have been battling ever since to be positive. This entity as a psychic told me is very powerful and "hates humanity and anything good and wants to see everyone die" I am wondering how I get it to leave it's gone for now me and another person visualized white light prayed etc I feel fine now I just want to know it wont come back

Edit I have been in mental hospitals several times since and had really bad thoughts etc that's cleared up now as we made him leave but I'm scared he'll come back

Whoam1

I need a little help here. When I was younger I had a sleep paralysis and this white orb went into me I never felt it left I have been battling ever since to be positive. This entity as a psychic told me is very powerful and "hates humanity and anything good and wants to see everyone die" I am wondering how I get it to leave it's gone for now me and another person visualized white light prayed etc I feel fine now I just want to know it wont come back

Edit I have been in mental hospitals several times since and had really bad thoughts etc that's cleared up now as we made him leave but I'm scared he'll come back

Sometimes, the demons we run from are but our reflection seen in the water. Other times they are our reality, which can be changed with imagination for our reality is simply how we view something. Calm your mind, meditate. Or be like me, and love the dark, find peace and inner-spiritual harmony in the ominous, creepy, and bleak.

waybread

darkmonkey87, I don't believe in demons. I believe that what you experienced is the product of your imagination. However, I don't doubt that your experience is very real to you.

Do you believe in God, according to any religious denomination? If so, think how God has to be more powerful than any demons. See if praying or experiencing God's love is helpful. If you are an atheist or agnostic, then it is hard to imagine the cosmos as explained by astronomers that would have any room for disincarnate malevolent creatures.

Did you ever read the novel, I Never Promised You a Rose Garden? It is about a girl who struggles with mental illness, involving a demonic character. Gradually through therapy she triumphs over it and regains her sanity. https://archive.org/details/ineverpromisedyo00gree_3

Cold Fusion

Heads up, those who practice witchcraft are always the first to deny the devil and demons do not exist.

Asking for help on this site on those matters is next to pointless.

Cold Fusion

darkmonkey87, I don't believe in demons. I believe that what you experienced is the product of your imagination. However, I don't doubt that your experience is very real to you.

Do you believe in God, according to any religious denomination? If so, think how God has to be more powerful than any demons. See if praying or experiencing God's love is helpful. If you are an atheist or agnostic, then it is hard to imagine the cosmos as explained by astronomers that would have any room for disincarnate malevolent creatures.

Did you ever read the novel, I Never Promised You a Rose Garden? It is about a girl who struggles with mental illness, involving a demonic character. Gradually through therapy she triumphs over it and regains her sanity. https://archive.org/details/ineverpromisedyo00gree_3

How can you believe in one and not the other? It's like a packaged deal.

rahu

Banned

without a chart to refer to ,this is all idle chatter
rahu

waybread

God and demons. Your beliefs aren't in line with the bible.

It depends. I think the Bible is a very wise book, but I do not take it literally. Are you familiar with the Gnostics? They were an early branch of Christianity who believed that scriptures were meant to be understood metaphorically. They didn't prevail in their beliefs, as the emerging Catholic church took the position that the Bible should be understood literally-- and as interpreted by a hierarchy of clergy. Today you will also find more liberal Protestant denominations who do not take the Bible literally (i. e., they're not fundamentalists.)

Today, if I say someone is struggling with her inner demons, I don't mean literal demons. A demon in this case is a metaphor. I mean that she is struggling with severe problems. An example might be a drug addiction.

I don't doubt that darkmonkey's experiences are very real to her. I do not believe they are objectively real.