Is she jealous of me?

LovelyMissAries

Based on what I feel from this chart... I wouldn't say she's jealous, she just resents you for being so showy. That's not her world at all. I feel she thinks its boring. She's out for variety and different stuff - the weird, the strange, the unturned stone per se in her own way. Sun in Cancer with a Leo ASC isn't that favorable for a question like this, imho. It shows you as having a very subjective nature and having difficulty seeing outside your own feelings and point of view, whereas she is the more objective, detached Gemini and Aquarius (which, in your defense, are very, very much "online" signs).

Last edited:

anjelik

Based on what I feel from this chart... I wouldn't say she's jealous, she just resents you for being so showy. That's not her world at all. I feel she thinks its boring. She's out for variety and different stuff - the weird, the strange, the unturned stone per se in her own way. Sun in Cancer with a Leo ASC isn't that favorable for a question like this, imho. It shows you as having a very subjective nature and having difficulty seeing outside your own feelings and point of view, whereas she is the more objective, detached Gemini and Aquarius (which, in your defense, are very, very much "online" signs).

The resentment for being showy makes sense to me. Also, me having a subjective opinion is also probably true, since I am sometimes very fixed in my opinions and it's difficult to change my mind once it's made up (Mercury in Aqua). I disagree that it isn't her nature or world, because she is constantly uploading photos of her at fancy restaurants, or in box seats somewhere, etc. If it wasn't her nature then she would keep it to herself, no? She is like the selfie queen when it comes to posting photos and even airbrushes herself.

Stellium6th

To my ken, you are what you seem to perceive within others. And it's strange having that life you are commenting. You may want to cultivate yourself a bit more and drop off that facebook stuff.

LovelyMissAries

The resentment for being showy makes sense to me. Also, me having a subjective opinion is also probably true, since I am sometimes very fixed in my opinions and it's difficult to change my mind once it's made up (Mercury in Aqua). I disagree that it isn't her nature or world, because she is constantly uploading photos of her at fancy restaurants, or in box seats somewhere, etc. If it wasn't her nature then she would keep it to herself, no? She is like the selfie queen when it comes to posting photos and even airbrushes herself.

I don't mean fancy things aren't her world, but traveling isn't something she Venus's. Or stble married life isn't something she can relate to, or whatever else you do isn't what she's into is my point. I brought that up because of your 2nd house signs. Hers is in Pisces and yours Virgo. I apply my own observations about each sign to that house, and from what I've gathered Virgo always likes to project this image of perfection when things may not be, and Pisces may project an image of being a hot mess when things may not be. 2nd house Pisces would value art, emotion, etc. over neatness and orded (Virgo). Two, look where Jupiter and Mercury are and just think about things related to them. Three, she's also rep by Aquarius because Venus would be the friendship planet in general. Aquarius is a sign that can get along with anybody but usually can't fit into one group. Or in astrology, imo, Aquarius shows up whereever we don't get it, or as someone who's a black sheep since it's the "odd ball" sign. That being said maybe she likes their stuff because she is trying to be noticed by them (so, also for show but more political, which is Aquarian) and climb socially where she doesn't have to think about that with you.

anjelik

I don't mean fancy things aren't her world, but traveling isn't something she Venus's. Or stble married life isn't something she can relate to, or whatever else you do isn't what she's into is my point. I brought that up because of your 2nd house signs. Hers is in Pisces and yours Virgo. I apply my own observations about each sign to that house, and from what I've gathered Virgo always likes to project this image of perfection when things may not be, and Pisces may project an image of being a hot mess when things may not be. 2nd house Pisces would value art, emotion, etc. over neatness and orded (Virgo). Two, look where Jupiter and Mercury are and just think about things related to them. Three, she's also rep by Aquarius because Venus would be the friendship planet in general. Aquarius is a sign that can get along with anybody but usually can't fit into one group. Or in astrology, imo, Aquarius shows up whereever we don't get it, or as someone who's a black sheep since it's the "odd ball" sign. That being said maybe she likes their stuff because she is trying to be noticed by them (so, also for show but more political, which is Aquarian) and climb socially where she doesn't have to think about that with you.

That all makes a lot more sense to me and I think Pisces/Virgo actually does summarise us both quite well. I think you kind of nailed it and maybe she feels like I am different too (I couldn't say, because I am me and I don't think I've changed, but people always change). So maybe me being in a marriage she feels I am slightly different and un-relatable. Also, the projection of perfection does seem to be accurate because I think if you looked at what we do you would think our lives are perfect, but it's all a facade because social media isn't reality - its the reality we choose to project. Her social media person makes her look like she is a hot mess at times, but I know she isn't really like that in real life. The social climbing makes sense too, and when I see it I do look at her with "that isn't really you" kind of eyes. I've found it confusing because it's not something that ever really seemed to matter to her until recently. Those things have mattered to me more than her.

Thank you for this, it actually gave me some perspective.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
I understand there are different types of horary, and everyone is free to post or analyse a chart the way they prefer, and are not required to use Lilly's horary method.

That being said, I really don't see how that "self-worth" stuff is in anyway related to the situation the querent posted.

dirius - moon just completed perfection of opposition to jupiter in 2nd - house of self-worth.

querant "puts her hopes out there" in regards to sharing something about herself she values, and didn't receive the benefits she hoped for and became demoralized.

anjelik

u need a combustion for jelousy
is there one?

What do you mean? I am not sure I am following if you are asking or eluding. Sorry my brain is fried because I was taking critical thinking practice tests all day and maybe I'm being too critical now ahaha.

Anyway, Venus is combust no (I'm assuming you were pointing to this)? And it reps my 10th house (public image) and 3rd house (communication). That kind of hits on both issues.

Dirius

dirius - moon just completed perfection of opposition to jupiter in 2nd - house of self-worth.

querant "puts her hopes out there" in regards to sharing something about herself she values, and didn't receive the benefits she hoped for and became demoralized.

As I mentioned earlier, everyone is entitled to practice their own type of astrology.

That being said, I have no idea why you refer to the 2nd house as the one of "self-worth" in an horary chart. I've never seen that definition ascribed to the 2nd house, much less to the context of this particular chart which deals with an horary situation instead of a birth chart interpretation, and neither why such an analysis would help move the answer foward.

An horary chart is supposed to deal with the querents interrogation.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Is our worth not defined by what we believe we possess?

The querant's question emerges, ALWAYS, from the moon, right?

What's behind the question? Why are they asking?

That might be the difference you and I will never agree upon.

Cheers.

Dirius

Is our worth not defined by what we believe we possess?

The querant's question emerges, ALWAYS, from the moon, right?

What's behind the question? Why are they asking?

That might be the difference you and I will never agree upon.

Cheers.

By that definition the second house isn't the one of "self-worth", its just the house of our possesions, and the implication you ascribe to that previous aspect is the Moon opposing her own stuff, which isn't really relevant to the context for which the chart was cast.

It is like saying that because Moon is about to trine Mars in the 4th, she is happy with the House she lives in -- which is irrelevant to the subject.

This is why I mentioned, that looking at that sort of stuff doesn't help the question move foward.

On a personal note, I would disagree that Moon opposing a planet on her 2nd house implies she feels her self-worth is low. But this is my personal opinion based on my own technique, and I respect anyone who has a different opinion.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
By that definition the second house isn't the one of "self-worth", its just the house of our possesions, and the implication you ascribe to that previous aspect is the Moon opposing her own stuff, which isn't really relevant to the context for which the chart was cast.

It is like saying that because Moon is about to trine Mars in the 4th, she is happy with the House she lives in -- which is irrelevant to the subject.

This is why I mentioned, that looking at that sort of stuff doesn't help the question move foward.

yes, agreed, and then, 2nd house is ruled by venus, that which we desire and use to attract it. jupiter in that house - opposing Moon in 8th (i want what someone else has and i'm going to use what i have to get it)

but thwarted, she didn't get it - overblown confidence or hope maybe.

and now she is demoralized

all that she had thought would turn out bonanza ended up like mud in her face.

i haven't even looked at mars and saturn yet.

but that's where i come from in this question.

how is an horary different from a natal chart in component and fact?

answer: how you view them.

(i'm glad you are open to dialogue about this D - because i have great respect for you when you are not putting me down for my readings).

peace fingers

anjelik

I feel like a child in the room with their parents talking about them right in front of their face :lol:

If you are referring to me in terms of wanting what someone else has, I don't get that. I also don't feel like I have egg in my face.

Kitchy

Banned
anj -

I apologize, and thank you. Sometimes horary folks get into it in the wrong place.

You're right - I should have written that thought, first, to you, rather than to D and perhaps this woulnd't have happened. But as the saying goes, what don't come out in the wash comes out in the rinse, so hoping for some clean laundry in this bundle.

I feel for ya - but at same time, I see 2nd house as issue of jealousy - "she has more than i have and i want it" and we try the coups d'tas and we fail and then we want to blame them for stealing our shite.

Been there.

It's a self-worth issue. The 2nd/8th house in this question is key..

Look at how moon built up in 8th in opposition to jupiter in 2nd and then once it got onto the field with it, it was an epic fail. game lost . hopes dashed. emotions scorned.

this will happen over and over again with this person - in shifts and tides - because moon in question is locked into what this person has to give you or not give you.

your self worth will define it. friendships like these - roller coaster up and downs of good and bad and resentment - that's mistaking friends for family -

for me, it was my natal moon 11th square pluto-nnode in 2nd th that taught me i didn't need to prove my worth based on my friends' worth to be the magnificent doubting me.

2nd 8th house with moon involved - horary natal or relationship - is all about who holds the ultimate power and who feels the slave.

Free Yourself is what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Dirius

yes, agreed, and then, 2nd house is ruled by venus, that which we desire and use to attract it. jupiter in that house - opposing Moon in 8th (i want what someone else has and i'm going to use what i have to get it)

but thwarted, she didn't get it - overblown confidence or hope maybe.

and now she is demoralized

all that she had thought would turn out bonanza ended up like mud in her face.

i haven't even looked at mars and saturn yet.

but that's where i come from in this question.

(i'm glad you are open to dialogue about this D - because i have great respect for you when you are not putting me down for my readings).

peace fingers

I don't attempt to put you down on your readings Kitchy, its just that in many charts you don't seem to be applying Horary principles, but rather some sort of mixed Natal type reading into the chart.

I think you are free to do as you please, as is anyone, but this usually hurts the argument for the querent with miss-directed applications for the chart that was cast. Not that it is with ill-intentions, I know everyone here is actually trying to help others.

Most people that ask for an Horary reading, do ask for readings based on Lilly's technique (containing the diversity of techniques by the different branches).

For example:

- You mention that Venus rules the 2nd house. Taurus is ascribed as the natural ruler of the 2nd zoidon, traditionally known as the 2nd house, which would make that statement *sort* of valid from a theoretical point of view for a more Mundane type of astrological interpretation that does not involve a horoscope (ascendant)

- However in practice, the 2nd sign from the Ascendant and its ruler, would have rulership over the 2nd house, making the actual ruler of the 2nd house to be Mercury, from an horoscopic point of view.

The birth chart describes the entire life of a Native, in which planets signify the events that occur in a native's life, while an Horary chart describes a situation in which the planets play the part of signifiers for the different objects.

(I remember tsmall once explained this in a very beautiful poetic fashion, I'll try to find her quote).

A lot of people that start with Horary usually have a hard time making the distinctions between Natal and Horary, and it is a common thing among users on this forum section. Usually most people start with Natal and then proceed to Horary, creating a difficult mixture of principles that shouldn't be applied in all cases. This is something that happens very often, it happened to me when I started with Horary. (this is actually the reason why tsmall and tikana might have wanted to start the horary class).

I do encourage you (as I do to everyone) to do get your hands on specific horary books/manuals, because you do seem to understand astrology very well (and you are also eager to help others) and you will probably be able to master Horary in no time.

anjelik

anj -

I apologize, and thank you. Sometimes horary folks get into it in the wrong place.

You're right - I should have written that thought, first, to you, rather than to D and perhaps this woulnd't have happened.

I feel for ya - but at same time, I see 2nd house as issue of jealousy - "she has more than i have and i want it" and we try the coups d'tas and we fail and then we want to blame them for stealing our shite.

Been there.

It's a self-worth issue. The 2nd/8th house in this question is key..

Look at how moon built up in 8th in opposition to jupiter in 2nd and then once it got onto the field with it, it was an epic fail. game lost . hopes dashed. emotions scorned.

this will happen over and over again with this person - in shifts and tides - because moon in question is locked into what this person has to give you or not give you.

your self worth will define it.

I was saying that tongue and cheek - I don't really mind at all. I guess tone doesn't come across in writing!

Are you saying that I am the jealous one and I want what she has? I am sorry, I am not clear on what is being said. If that is the case, then I will have to disagree because she doesn't have more than I have. We both have different things because our lives are different and in different stages. Where she is, I have been already and yes it was fun, but I'm happy to have had those experiences and leave them for the future (now).

Kitchy

Banned
Anj -

I'm addressing D's issue here - please take it as random critical thinking and not talking about you - ?

D -

I know that people here really do not like when I say this -

"what came first? the chicken or the egg?"

Iread a few of those ancient books - nothing my mom didn't teach me of tradition from her studies 1940's and on. Basic lesson of astrology - the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

It's only about the perception of how it grew or got felled and the distance of where one sees it.

Woo Woo astrology, maybe....

Ask yourself, if you really wanted to put yourself out there in something - you took pic's, you sent invites and you had all the hopes in the world of a great reaction, and it landed on its bumm and on top of that, there is someone/something else who always holds this curse upon your hopes.... would it be a pissin' contest for you or would it be a time to say "i'm outta here?"

Dirius

Anj -

I'm addressing D's issue here - please take it as random critical thinking and not talking about you - ?

D -

I know that people here really do not like when I say this -

"what came first? the chicken or the egg?"

Iread a few of those ancient books - nothing my mom didn't teach me of tradition from her studies 1940's and on. Basic lesson of astrology - the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

It's only about the perception of how it grew or got felled and the distance of where one sees it.

Its not really about tradition vs modern, its about different applications of astrology regardless of whether you use ancient theorems or modern ones. Someone can be very well learned on ancient Greek birth chart interpretation, yet not know horary.

And the egg came first. Birds evolved from reptiles who laid eggs way before birds existed.

I started with modern birth chart astrology, and when I first started to learn horary I did the mistakes of reading horary charts the same way you would read a birth chart.

Woo Woo astrology, maybe....

Ask yourself, if you really wanted to put yourself out there in something - you took pic's, you sent invites and you had all the hopes in the world of a great reaction, and it landed on its bumm and on top of that, there is someone/something else who always holds this curse upon your hopes.... would it be a pissin' contest for you or would it be a time to say "i'm outta here?"

I think thats exaggerating a bit. I think the querent just happened to find suspicious that her friend doesn't really pay attention to her pictures, while she does so for her boyfriend, and wondered if there was a deeper reason for this.

anjelik

I think thats exaggerating a bit. I think the querent just happened to find suspicious that her friend doesn't really pay attention to her pictures, while she does so for her boyfriend, and wondered if there was a deeper reason for this.

You are correct. Based on her activity on the site, it seems quite deliberate and that is what bothers me and that is what makes me think there is something deeper going on than her just "not noticing."