Having no Earth?

fifteen

This is not a chart interpretation, just a question.

My chart consists of about 32% Water, 33% Air and %34% Fire. I have no Earth, whatsoever. I think this reflects the way I am: I hate material possession, and I think greed is so bad. I always give away things (Moon in Leo) like money, food, and comfort to others that need it. Even if I have $1 and you need $0.50 I would give you half my dollar. That's how I am.

But, having no earth at all, what does this mean besides having no care for material possession? Maybe the need to grow spiritually? or?

Would love to hear your thoughts/intuition about having no earth.

fifteen

I forgot to say: The only place I feel bliss, is when I am in Nature. It is like it completes me. So, nature is the place I'm always at. Kinda earthy.

waybread

Your basic personality is probably not oriented towards the practical and material. However, if you are into middle age, hopefully you are managing to build up some savings and towards your eventual retirement. Are you familiar with Suze Orman? My favourite financial guru, with a lot of pizazz and a delicious sense of humour.

If you believe in giving money to people in need, you can give a lot more if you have more in the bank to give.

Earth also deals with your belongings; and to some extent, with your body.

Have any of your planets progressed into earth signs? The 2nd, 6th, or 10th houses?

NorthNodePisces

My chart is heavily earth, with a Capricorn stellium(Venus, Sun, and Saturn), some Aries(Moon and Mars), Mercury in Aquarius, Taurus Ascendant and Jupiter.

Inherently, I dislike the idea of being materialistic. I dislike having a lot of clothes, or anything like that. Sure, I want to look presentable, but I don't go looking for clothes, cars, gadgets, etc., for the sake of adding to my collection. This actually fit me more around my teen years, during my Mercurial age(which I've read is between 12-18, around that range). I've sort of went back to that phase though, but not heavily, since my Solar Return where the Ascendant is now in Aquarius.

I don't usually keep up with the latest trends, fashion, things like that, as a lifestyle. I'm not really up to date. I've seen this more prevalent with people who have prominent Air influence, in my experience. I just need a simple life. I used to just bike by myself in parks because I like being surrounded by nature, looking at the trees, plants, flowers, and feeling the breeze. I'm more traditional and materialistic in that sense.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I have a friend who's Air and Water but she's Fire and Earth void. I find that her lacking Earth in her chart to be ummm... crippling. She's not very good about money- not to negotiate wages nor managing her own money. Her savings is nonexistent and she feels very victimized by the material world. She has little need to own any material thing and she couldn't care less about money.

I am heavily Air and my only Earth planet is Taurus Mars. I place importance on money (in the practical sense) and I do insist on getting paid for what I'm worth. I believe in selling high and paying low and I generally know how to manipulate the material world (if I focus). I'm pretty dynamic in business settings (NOT corporate, that's different).

I think that being Earth void can make mundane, day-to-day living seem boring and really difficult. It's very hard for me to motivate my friend to do anything practical. We use to work together and I always had to do the money negotiation for us because if she did it, she'd mess up and we'd both get paid low and that's something that makes me royally angry.

StillOne

I have little Earth in my chart and am dominated by Air then Water. I think lack of Earth in my chart means that I'm not very grounded sometimes. I can also be a bit impractical maybe.

It seems when I'm out of balance, that satisfying my lesser elements is important. So getting out in nature, slowing down, meditating, exercising etc helps to bring me out of my dominant elements and finding balance.

However, I think that someone with zero Earth in their chart may express it a bit differently. Without an element one may consciously seek to fill that void and essentially overcompensate for this lack. I think that's why you feel drawn to earthy endeavors and feel most comfortable there. Maybe it's something that you need to gain in this life and so you are drawn to it's qualities. All IMO.

Lion o ness

I have an earth void, I'm mostly fire with a squirt of water.

I have Saturn sextiles to my Leo stellium, and I have 4planets in an earth house.

So I make up for no earth.

I'm grounded and stable, I'm not worried so much about labels, I buy for my likes, not labels.
I live modestly, I have all main things in life, nothing to fancy. Just the normal things.
I'm fragile, and spend money wisely, except in August, when I seem to always end up in some shopping spree.. Lol. :wink:

NorthNodePisces

@may28gemini

If your friend is feeling victimized, it might partly be because she's unable to get the material things that she wants. Her desires might be strong and crippling if she were to go as far as to feel and become victimized by the material world. Unless someone has some fire and earth to help motivate them practically in the pursuit of materials, then they might stay a victim. Some people can easily brush it off and not feel victimized by the material world, because they only care about earning enough for a simple, basic life. Nothing fancy. Some even like to be homeless. She might just be in denial of her materialistic tendencies since she can't fulfill them, it seems like a natural reaction. But I don't know the whole situation, these are just my assumptions based on what you've said.

fifteen

Nice answers :smile:

I agree that I might overcompensate by looking for Earthly things... I'm always in nature when time allows it. I don't understand that most people never take a walk in Nature... to marvel at all the little details. It's so mysterious and playful. I really feel like a child when I walk through the nature.

I see a symphony in the tree-line, hear the sweet notes of birds that Vivaldi tried to copy in his music, I see poetry in a tiny flower that grows between the rocks, I see a Claude Monet when I discover a patch of wildflowers, I see a van Gogh when I look over a lake at sunset, read Thoreau when I hear the whispering of the reeds...

:love:

M

may28gemini

I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but if so, like you, I have Mars in Taurus. However, mine is retrograde. It's in the 10th.

You're just like me. My only Earth is Taurus Mars and it's in the 8th house. Having it in the 10th house is an excellent placement for Mars of any sign! Singleton planets can actually be quite strong and influential in the person's natal chart, if not more so, simply because there's a high concentration of power.

M

may28gemini

@may28gemini

If your friend is feeling victimized, it might partly be because she's unable to get the material things that she wants. Her desires might be strong and crippling if she were to go as far as to feel and become victimized by the material world. Unless someone has some fire and earth to help motivate them practically in the pursuit of materials, then they might stay a victim. Some people can easily brush it off and not feel victimized by the material world, because they only care about earning enough for a simple, basic life. Nothing fancy. Some even like to be homeless. She might just be in denial of her materialistic tendencies since she can't fulfill them, it seems like a natural reaction. But I don't know the whole situation, these are just my assumptions based on what you've said.

You're correct. She grew up poor and both her parents have Capricorn Mars and they scrimped and saved, and were pretty hard working to achieve the material things they have. For whatever reason, all that went over her head as she grew up around those who always got what they wanted but it didn't occur to her that because she wasn't born into money that she'd have to be poor forever. She knows the general formula of find work, get paid, and make money, but as far as other things such savings, 401k, investments, etc. all that totally goes over her head.

Her chart is problematic in the sense that she Pisces Mercury Rx and Pisces Mars coupled with the fact that she has no Earth to direct all that water somewhere. Ack.