The stars say I'm crazy...

BadlyDrawnGirl

Hi all. This is my first foray into "serious" astrology though I have always known I was the archetypal Scorpio...but never delved into ascendancies or anything more complicated than sun signs.

For the past year I have been involved in an extremely tumultuous relationship with an Aquarian (male). Although I know our sun signs make for a fairly tricky pairing this alone doesn't seem to adequately explain the hugely volatile nature of our relationship.

I don't have any accurate details on the exact time of his birth, so I won't bother providing his birth chart...I'm actually curious as to whether my own chart indicates a predisposition to high-conflict romantic relationships. I honestly don't feel like this has been a pattern for me, but my relationships do tend to be extremely intense and of the "whirlwind" variety (although I was married to a Taurus for three years, but I felt totally unfulfilled by his lack of creativity and his tendency for graceless aggression). It may be that my other relationships have simply ended of their own accord before they had a chance to go south. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I have really started to wonder if my birth chart is having some sort of insidious influence on things. I've felt lately like I'm at the mercy of something "beyond me" and my partner has also said over and over that he feels like something is going on between the two of us that is more than what meets the eye. Genuinely, I think of myself as a very compassionate, loyal and nurturing individual (albeit somewhat on the crazy side, but I try to regulate my craziness as much as is possible lol) and the idea that I was placed on this earth to torment this person who I care so, so deeply for (and him vice versa) is seriously making me nuts.

Long story short...does anyone have any insights based on my chart? My very amateur astrology-buff friend noted that the Mars opposition ascendant is bad news. I have no idea what that means.

...Am I doomed to a lifetime of unrequition and conflict? Can I ever be "good" for someone or are my personality aspects too dominant or intense to be compatible with a partnership?

Edit: So I was unable to attach my chart on my smartphone, so I will give my birth details here...maybe someone would be so kind as to link it? Thanks ever so much...

November 16, 1982
7:30pm in Philadelphia, PA (USA)

Last edited:

ashriia

attached your chart.

I find this type of chart really difficult to read...haven't seen one like this before.

maybe someone else can be of help.

Attachments

• bdg.jpg
    bdg.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 87

BadlyDrawnGirl

attached your chart.

I find this type of chart really difficult to read...haven't seen one like this before.

maybe someone else can be of help.
That doesn't sound promising lol...

I did notice that I don't have any of those crisscrossing lines on my chart and all my signs (planets?) are bunched up into one corner...is that significant in some way?

Zuri

What jumps out at me is Mars in the 7th House / House of Partnerships. That usually means that you are driven toward having drama in your relationships with aggressive & volatile individuals.

While Mars is exalted when it's in the sign of Capricorn, Mars doesn't naturally belong to the 7th House. This placement suggests that you're also aggressive in your relationships, which may cause resentment and pushback from others if they feel that you're asserting your will upon them.

Mars (action) opposite Ascendant (persona) again means you are subconsciously attracted to volatile situations.

Your Mars is also semi-square Venus. While not as problematic as Mars square Venus (which means troubled relationships), it reinforces the drama.

More senior members of this board can suggest ways that you can overcome this tension.

BadlyDrawnGirl

Thank you very much for your insight. This is hard for me to swallow because as I said I think of myself as very flexible and easy to get along with...in fact many people have commented that I am a "social chameleon." I am very invested in making sure that I am liked by everyone. But, I guess you could say that as far as my very close relationships are concerned, I demonstrate the ability to be highly confrontational...but not because I enjoy fighting (quite the opposite, I often find myself playing the peacemaker) but just because I find it hard to let something drop...

Vista

Hi all. This is my first foray into "serious" astrology though I have always known I was the archetypal Scorpio...but never delved into ascendancies or anything more complicated than sun signs.

For the past year I have been involved in an extremely tumultuous relationship with an Aquarian (male). Although I know our sun signs make for a fairly tricky pairing this alone doesn't seem to adequately explain the hugely volatile nature of our relationship.

I don't have any accurate details on the exact time of his birth, so I won't bother providing his birth chart...I'm actually curious as to whether my own chart indicates a predisposition to high-conflict romantic relationships. I honestly don't feel like this has been a pattern for me, but my relationships do tend to be extremely intense and of the "whirlwind" variety (although I was married to a Taurus for three years, but I felt totally unfulfilled by his lack of creativity and his tendency for graceless aggression). It may be that my other relationships have simply ended of their own accord before they had a chance to go south. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I have really started to wonder if my birth chart is having some sort of insidious influence on things. I've felt lately like I'm at the mercy of something "beyond me" and my partner has also said over and over that he feels like something is going on between the two of us that is more than what meets the eye. Genuinely, I think of myself as a very compassionate, loyal and nurturing individual (albeit somewhat on the crazy side, but I try to regulate my craziness as much as is possible lol) and the idea that I was placed on this earth to torment this person who I care so, so deeply for (and him vice versa) is seriously making me nuts.

Long story short...does anyone have any insights based on my chart? My very amateur astrology-buff friend noted that the Mars opposition ascendant is bad news. I have no idea what that means.

...Am I doomed to a lifetime of unrequition and conflict? Can I ever be "good" for someone or are my personality aspects too dominant or intense to be compatible with a partnership?

Edit: So I was unable to attach my chart on my smartphone, so I will give my birth details here...maybe someone would be so kind as to link it? Thanks ever so much...

November 16, 1982
7:30pm in Philadelphia, PA (USA)

The Mars in the 7th cusp is also unaspected by any major aspects if one does not consider the opposition to the ASC so it's full throttle so to speak for good or bad. Moon conjunct Uranus, there is the crazy part! :smile: Saturn rules your 7th house and conjunct Pluto, that would explain the intense side of things. Pluto is the planet of obsession; Mars, volatility; Saturn, staying power. While your relationships are intense and volatile, there is a part of you that likes your freedom and perhaps you are subconsciously causing or projecting this into your relationships. Moon conjunct Uranus can be unpredictable or as you said, confrontational coupled with Mars opposing your ASC. I also think Scorpio would explain the inability to let things drop.

The transit of Pluto and Uranus exactly T squared your natal ASC/DES this past July. Were there problems between your boyfriend then? This could have broken you both up. Both planets will do this again, fist Pluto and then Uranus but not at the same time. This could explain the outside influence affecting your relationships.
You do have an unusual chart with your planets all concentrated in basically two houses. I would post your boyfriends chart and use 12:00pm as the birth hour. You can obtain a free chart on astro.com. At the bottom of this thread is a manage attachments section to attach.

Last edited:

BadlyDrawnGirl

"Full throttle for good or bad" is definitely terminology that has been applied to me many, many times lol.

My browser is still not displaying the attachment option, so if someone would be so kind as to chart this for me...oh and his name is Luke (if you need to title it something lol).

January 28, 1980
12:00pm in Poughkeepsie, NY (USA)

BadlyDrawnGirl

The transit of Pluto and Uranus exactly T squared your natal ASC/DES this past July. Were there problems between your boyfriend then? This could have broken you both up.
I actually left, under very bad circumstances, on the last day of July. We have stayed apart for the last two months to try and get some distance and cool off and possibly salvage some kind of friendship, which was actually going very well until this past weekend when another very inexplicable interfering event came in and basically wrecked everything and put us back to square one.

Vista

I actually left, under very bad circumstances, on the last day of July. We have stayed apart for the last two months to try and get some distance and cool off and possibly salvage some kind of friendship, which was actually going very well until this past weekend when another very inexplicable interfering event came in and basically wrecked everything and put us back to square one.

Ah, ok!! This past Saturday was a very important Full Moon which conjunct transiting Uranus and squared transiting Sun creating a T square. Although not quite aspecting your ASC/DES and Mars, it was close enough(2 degrees)that it was probably felt due to T Pluto hovering around your natal Descendant.

BadlyDrawnGirl

Ah, ok!! This past Saturday was a very important Full Moon which conjunct transiting Uranus and squared transiting Sun creating a T square. Although not quite aspecting your ASC/DES and Mars, it was close enough(2 degrees)that it was probably felt due to T Pluto hovering around your natal Descendant.
...Seriously are some people just more prone to astrological influence than others? Because I have felt so often like my life is being dragged forward by something other than my own free will. And he has said over and over again that there has to be "something going on" between the two of us to create this level of sheer insanity.

Vista

Your boyfriend probably has Cardinal signs(Aries, Libra, Cancer, Capricorn) ruling his ASC/DES which would explain the break up in his chart unless he was born late at night which might put his Gemini Moon into Cancer, pretty close to that 8 degrees Cardinal i was telling you about that hit your ASC/DES in July. I think a lot of relationships ended during that time frame and again now that T Uranus and Pluto are at 6 degrees creating a T square to anyones Cardinal planet at 6 degrees.

BadlyDrawnGirl

We've really been off and on since last September, although the end of July marked the end to our cohabitation...the issues were there from the start. I think we both had a sense that things weren't going to go well but because one of the primary things that brought us together was the desire to help the other person we can't seem to let it go even though it seems these days like we're only capable of hurting one another.

Well, this next year will likely be a little difficult for relationships as T Uranus is not finished and his retrograde right now, thankfully T Pluto moves on finally for good so you won't have that to worry about. Pluto transits will get rid of anything that's not working whether you want it to or not, Uranus, well....you just never know what he will do for good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vista

...Seriously are some people just more prone to astrological influence than others? Because I have felt so often like my life is being dragged forward by something other than my own free will. And he has said over and over again that there has to be "something going on" between the two of us to create this level of sheer insanity.

We all have ups and downs in life, I lost everything and have Cardinal Sun and Moon and on the angles. Unfortunately, right now with both Uranus the planet of unpredictability and Pluto the planet of transformation both in Cardinal signs and close in degree, anyone with Cardinal planets in early to mid degrees with be affected. The problem with charts that have a concentration of planets all on-top or next to each other is that when a difficult transit hits, it hits each planet one after another. Now, this can happen to for the beneficial transits so it can go both ways. The good news is that when transiting Uranus affects your ASC/DES and Capricorn planets, it will also make beneficial trine to your Sag planets. Same with T Pluto to your Cap and Scorpio planets. In other words when a door closes a window opens. You will always have an out. Soon transiting Saturn will start conjuncting each of your natals planets.

BadlyDrawnGirl

Soon transiting Saturn will start conjuncting each of your natals planets.
...Is that a good thing? :p

Seriously I'm not trying to be flip or anything...and it does seem like my life follows that pattern. I just always chalked it up to some undiagnosed bipolar disorder...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vista

Hum, funny you say that because Moon conjunct Uranus(which you have) or any hard aspect between these two planets can point to bipolar disorder.

Saturn conjunctions can be troublesome unfortunately. But as I said before, you will have "help" from other planets to off set this. So again, there is a way to work with this

Peregrine_Moon

You're coming to the end of your Saturn return. Did you know that? It started last December and will end in November. Many people find their first Saturn return to be a very difficult time. Saturn finishes its first orbit through your horoscope and seems to raise a lot of stress when it comes home, so to speak.

Mars opposite your Ascendant is troubling.

Mars in Capricorn is detached and methodical--and uneasy, too, because this is a poor placement for his energy. Your Cancer Ascendant is needy and dependent, which irritates Mars. So, you're sending very mixed messages.

The quindecile aspect indicates obsession and compulsive aspects of the personality. Your Neptune is quindecile the Ascendant, intensifying your Ascendant's emotional projection, perhaps in very disruptive ways. You may confuse people who can't "read" you or don't know intuitively how to make their way through the contradictory messages you give about yourself. Perhaps Neptune is a "fog machine," a defense mechanism to protect you or obscure parts of your personality in some way.

It seems to me that Neptune's placement helps clarify the Mars-Asc opposition. Rather than being someone who goes looking for relationships in which you can be combative and abusive, it's likely that you attract partners who are likely to treat you badly.

Your Moon in Sagittarius shows that your reigning need is to be respected. Yet, in ruling your Cancer Ascendant, your need for respect may often communicate as neediness, period. Most people with Cancer rising don't tolerate being alone. Sometimes that keeps them in unhealthy relationships because they can't face being without someone.

It's also interesting to see that your Moon is quindecile Chiron in the 11th house. Chiron shows where we are wounded and unable to heal ourselves. In your case, that seems to be in friendships and in the love you have or haven't received from others in your social relationships. This quindecile portrays a fundamental compulsion within you to gain respect from others who haven't accepted you.

Does any of this ring true for you?

StillOne

I'm not sure this will help but I figured you should be aware just in case you feel like exploring a bit further at some point... This is also a bit esoteric and not all astrologers will agree on this...

Nevertheless, Chiron in Taurus forms quite a few oppositions to your Scorpio stellium. You may wish to research the meaning of these oppositions at some point since it most likely impacts your 5th/11th house axis greatly. Are you an artist? When you mentioned that you can be highly confrontational as well as a "peacemaker" it struck a chord with Chiron being in the 11th and the oscillations involving the oppositions.

Anyhow, Chiron is also the apex of a Yod. Typically Chiron isn't included in yods unless it is at the apex, as our resident Chiron expert, R4ven acknowledges. Neptune/Pluto form the base of the Yod. Furthermore, this Yod is actually a Boomerang Yod as it has the oppositions as release points. This makes transits to some of these natal planets that much more sensitive and potentially very enlightening and eventually healing.

Just some things to think about and maybe eventually look into.

BadlyDrawnGirl

Wow, such detailed responses...this is all so fascinating.

Hum, funny you say that because Moon conjunct Uranus(which you have) or any hard aspect between these two planets can point to bipolar disorder.

Ha...well I don't think I'm genuinely bipolar, but I am prone to extremes/black and white thinking and don't really do moderation, lol...so there is that.
You're coming to the end of your Saturn return. Did you know that? It started last December and will end in November. Many people find their first Saturn return to be a very difficult time. Saturn finishes its first orbit through your horoscope and seems to raise a lot of stress when it comes home, so to speak.

That's the cycle that takes 29 years to complete right? I guess that would make sense. Starting from last December also makes sense. It was kind of the end of the honeymoon period. I'm hoping that means that things will get easier after November? (I don't mean exclusively concerning the relationship, just my life in general.)

Mars opposite your Ascendant is troubling.

Mars in Capricorn is detached and methodical--and uneasy, too, because this is a poor placement for his energy. Your Cancer Ascendant is needy and dependent, which irritates Mars. So, you're sending very mixed messages.

I often take certain leaps of faith in throwing myself into a new relationship...particularly this last one...I try to give the impression that I don't care what happens, I'm bulletproof, I wear my heart on my sleeve etc etc. Except I tend to fall in love very easily and then when that happens all these projections turn out to be bullsh*t...I have usually been able to avoid the fallout from this behavior because I have always had another guy waiting in the wings (that sounds horrible and makes me seem like a total predator lol...I just mean that I always have "options") but this time around I am so emotionally invested I can't disentangle myself.

Anyway, the ascendant opposition in Capricorn dilemma as you've described it makes sense.

It seems to me that Neptune's placement helps clarify the Mars-Asc opposition. Rather than being someone who goes looking for relationships in which you can be combative and abusive, it's likely that you attract partners who are likely to treat you badly.
This is fairly accurate...two out of my three major long-term relationships have been with men who had a bad temper.

Nevertheless, Chiron in Taurus forms quite a few oppositions to your Scorpio stellium. You may wish to research the meaning of these oppositions at some point since it most likely impacts your 5th/11th house axis greatly. Are you an artist? When you mentioned that you can be highly confrontational as well as a "peacemaker" it struck a chord with Chiron being in the 11th and the oscillations involving the oppositions.

Anyhow, Chiron is also the apex of a Yod. Typically Chiron isn't included in yods unless it is at the apex, as our resident Chiron expert, R4ven acknowledges. Neptune/Pluto form the base of the Yod. Furthermore, this Yod is actually a Boomerang Yod as it has the oppositions as release points. This makes transits to some of these natal planets that much more sensitive and potentially very enlightening and eventually healing.

Good lord could you possibly clarify? That is all Greek to me lol...what is a yod? I didn't realize I had such an atypical chart but then that makes sense...sigh...

I'm not an "artist" per se, but I'm definitely a creative type. I write, play two instruments...also my partner is a glassblower and so for the past year I have been involved in that trade as well.

Does anyone see any characteristics in my partner's chart that would point to a particularly bad match? Or is it just all on my end? :( (To be fair, on a practical level he is certainly 50% of the problem...I'm just not sure if there's anything else going on beneath the surface.)

Also are there any beneficial aspects in my chart that would possibly offset some of these problematic ones? Some characteristic or tendency I can try to focus on? I am really struggling at this juncture in my life...

StillOne

Good lord could you possibly clarify? That is all Greek to me lol...what is a yod? I didn't realize I had such an atypical chart but then that makes sense...sigh...
Sorry, just disregard it for now.

Just focus on the basics for now. Learn about your planets in signs in houses. Then the aspects between those planets.

If at some point later you wish to dig in deeper you can come back to some of that. The search function on this site as well as google can be your friend (or foe) initially. Take advice with a grain of salt as there's much inaccuracy out there. Above all try not to get bogged down or feel hopeless about what your birthchart may say as most of us have at least some challenges in our charts.