That astronaut lady.

Frisiangal

Our news picked up on the story of the love sick U.S. astronaut.
Anybody have her birth data?

F.

lilllybelle

That's so funny that you started this thread Frisiangal. When I saw the artlicle in the paper, I wondered if we should discuss it on the forum. We are developing some serious collective consciousness on this site.

unukalhai

I was gonna start a thread about her if someone didn't soon, hehe... Here's some (kinda random) observations.

She has a Sun/Mars square which is being activated by Neptune, which also implies Saturn is activating it, however the timing puts Neptune in the tight orbed position, so it's the main influence. Transiting Mars also sextiles her Neptune at the time of the offense, creating a mutual Mars/Neptune linkage.

In short, she acted out of some serious confusion/delusion... Hence why she was shaking her head in disbelief as the charges were read out. Honestly, I think insanity might be her best defense, because I honestly think she wasn't in her right mind... at all. It's honestly pretty sad what went down, assuming what we're told is even close to what happened (I'm not the type to believe the media!)

This totally smacks of Neptune:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/16639066.htm said:
According to police affidavits and the petition for an injunction requested by Shipman, this is what happened:

Nowak believed that Shipman, stationed at Patrick Air Force Base near the space center, was a rival for the affections of Navy Cmdr. William Oefelein, 41.

A police report quoted Nowak as saying that she and Oefelein were involved in a relationship that ``was categorized as more than a working relationship but less than a romantic relationship.''

The ambiguity of that statement left open the possibility that neither Oefelein, who has two children and is divorced, nor Shipman was fully aware of Nowak's feelings.

In fact, none of the relationships was entirely clear.

Sun/Mars in natal square can indicate some serious anger along with a resentment of losing and a strong competitive nature. This is reinforced by a tight Venus/Mars trine, indicating strong passions. She also has a tight Mercury/Uranus square, with Mercury retrograde at the opening degree of it's own sign, Gemini. This is not only a reason for her interest in space and science, but also indicates a very impulsive and nervous mind, and really a very sharp one at that.

The charging affidavit can be viewed at:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/acrobat/2007-02/27756582.pdf

The time indicated of the offense is Feb05.2007 @ 3:45am, which puts the Moon exactly opposite her natal Venus/Saturn midpoint. Ebertin comments of this midpoint "Emotional depression caused by unsatisfied love, emotional inhibition, an unfortunate disposition or circumstances in all matters of love expression. A woman separated from her husband or living a lonely life"

Noel Tyl comments of the same midpoint "Emotional hurt, probably from loneliness or feeling unimportant"

Mars and Pluto were rising at the time, in the local 1st house, which personally leads me to feel the attempted murder charge could, unfortunately, be the reality of the situation. The two tightest (transiting) aspects in the 3:45am chart are Venus quintile Pluto and Chiron biseptile Juno, both seem fairly interesting in relation to the situation at hand (VE/PL = power struggles over love, CH/JU = wounds related to marriage) -- the Venus/Pluto quintile is at 2 arcmin of orb and seems the most telltale of the situation. Venus/Pluto contact is quite powerful (to put it lightly).. Venus is heavily associated with the number 5 due to her orbit, and is quite sensitive to the quintile series.

I'm sure there's alot more to it than that, but I really haven't had the time to analyze it much further. I could really use 36 hour days around now, but that's no surprise with my current lineup of transits! hehe.. :D

... Looking forward to hearing other's observations, this situation for some reason peaked my interest, probably because I too have a natal Sun/Mars square and am under a Pluto/Venus transit currently... and also probably because I had always thought highly of her... How many ladies are in their 40s, still fairly cute, and been in orbit?? :p

Edit to add: Mars also was at her Neptune/Chiron midpoint, indicating she could have been acting out of confusion about her own wounds, with the Neptune/Chiron cycle being very important to her... The two objects in her natal chart are exactly trine, with Chiron in Neptune's sign, Pisces.

The other factor to consider is she's under the Saturn/Saturn opposition transit, a major turning point in one's Saturn cycle that can stir up unresolved "ghosts" from the past and personal issues of fear, insecurity and discontent. Also, Rob Hand comments on this transit "Relationships that were not straightened out several years ago during the last square will prove very difficult at this time and may very well break up completely"

Last edited:

Frisiangal

unukalhai said:
I was gonna start a thread about her if someone didn't soon, hehe... Here's some (kinda random) observations.

Always enjoy reading your posts; so astrologically well put together.

.........In short, she acted out of some serious confusion/delusion ... ............. I think insanity might be her best defense, because I honestly think she wasn't in her right mind... at all. ...............

This totally smacks of Neptune:

My first thoughts as well,..... apart from any mind-blowing effect of having physically left confines of Earth for Space. Who can ever be the same after such an experience?....., which made me wonder about the effect of the long term transiting Saturn-Neptune opposition upon the chart. Also paranoia, which might be effected by Mercury-Pluto, and the 'sick jealousy' of a Scorpio content. I shall refrain from smugness that her natal BML is on 2* Scorpio (death has no fury and all that !) whatever her birth time.:p

Although there's a direct hit from the opposition to the natal Sun-Mars sqaure, the transits alone wouldn't seem to convey the impact that this event has upon her life. What set it off? The birth date without a time can totally change retro. Mercury's experiential position from Air back to Earth. I'd be inclined to think that natal Mercury must, therefore, be back in Earth (fixed ideas?)and thus under the within orb influence of the inconjunct from transiting Pluto.

I always like to look at the sec. progressions, and direct sec. progr. Mercury in Gemini is now square natal retrograde Pluto. A double whammer of the same planets during the same time frame.
Sec. progr. Venus in Gemini is separating from natal Pluto.
And what about sec. progr. Mars in Virgo now exact conjunct retro. natal Pluto now a direct sec. progr. Pluto., and square sec. progr. Mercury in Gemini ?
She was planning more than a pepper spray attack with that tightly packed bundle !!!

According to whether sec. progr. Moon is either in late Gemini or early Cancer can provide more clues of her emotional state at the time of the attack. Wearing a diaper to contain bodily fluid might be a point in Cancer's favour.:)

The other factor to consider is she's under the Saturn/Saturn opposition transit, a major turning point in one's Saturn cycle that can stir up unresolved "ghosts" from the past and personal issues of fear, insecurity and discontent. Also, Rob Hand comments on this transit "Relationships that were not straightened out several years ago during the last square will prove very difficult at this time and may very well break up completely"

Sec. progr. MEAN Black Moon Lilith (the unreal, non-manifested?) is now on 10+* Scorpio. BML also seems to have connotations with FEELING haunted by ghosts of the past (what never was, never is, never will be!). Unrequited love has been shown to be very much a Venus-BML concern. It has therefore been strongly influencing/influenced by the whole package mentioned above in mutable for years.
Repeat: "Death hath no fury like a woman scorned?;)

F.

unukalhai

Frisiangal said:
Always enjoy reading your posts; so astrologically well put together.

Thanks! :) Somehow I'm amazed I can pull it off lately with Neptune so tightly squaring my Mercury, writing is certainly a bit more convoluted than normal right now... Although I will admit to having aborted many replies lately... The square from Saturn isn't helping either, and to say the least I will be glad when this Saturn/Neptune business stops t-squaring my Mercury/Uranus conjunction, hopefully my mind is still somewhat intact afterwards ;)

My first thoughts as well,..... apart from any mind-blowing effect of having physically left confines of Earth for Space. Who can ever be the same after such an experience?.....

That's so true, I hadn't considered exactly how mind-blowing that may be, although I'd love to try it... The idea is so Uranian it makes my mind race! :D

Although there's a direct hit from the opposition to the natal Sun-Mars square, the transits alone wouldn't seem to convey the impact that this event has upon her life.

Agreed, although they do seem to provide one part of the situation :)

What set it off? The birth date without a time can totally change retro. Mercury's experiential position from Air back to Earth. I'd be inclined to think that natal Mercury must, therefore, be back in Earth (fixed ideas?)and thus under the within orb influence of the inconjunct from transiting Pluto.

I'm of the logic that a planet at the end of a sign is essentially in the next sign, as it is so far into the "transition" point and in the strong shadows of the next sign, and also that aspects work by angle rather than sign so I would say for sure within orb of transiting Pluto, at the very least feeling some of it's beginning effects..

Mercury/Pluto combinations can definitely encourage contemplations of death, either of your own or someone else's... On the high side, you'd realize the simple fact that you aren't immortal and take steps to prolong your life, on the down side... you might pack a knife and a trash bag and make your rival into sushi :p

I always like to look at the sec. progressions, and direct sec. progr. Mercury in Gemini is now square natal retrograde Pluto. A double whammer of the same planets during the same time frame.
Sec. progr. Venus in Gemini is separating from natal Pluto.
And what about sec. progr. Mars in Virgo now exact conjunct retro. natal Pluto now a direct sec. progr. Pluto., and square sec. progr. Mercury in Gemini ?
She was planning more than a pepper spray attack with that tightly packed bundle !!!

I'd totally agree, good call! I think the real kicker in the SP chart is the Mercury/Venus conjunction square the Mars/Pluto conjunction. Mercury/Venus could be worded as "Thoughts Of Love" and Ebertin says of Mars/Pluto "Force, Brutality" And this, is exactly the situation. I'd like to see the chart for the gal who was targeted. Did these degrees play into her chart? What synastry existed between them? Surely it must be powerful and involve at the very least Pluto, maybe Saturn, and maybe the Saturn/Pluto midpoint.

According to whether sec. progr. Moon is either in late Gemini or early Cancer can provide more clues of her emotional state at the time of the attack. Wearing a diaper to contain bodily fluid might be a point in Cancer's favour.:)

Whatever sign that points to, it certainly points to the 12th house: a nice padded room in the mental ward! *giggle*

This crazy part of the charade actually made me think of the Sun/Mars square activation as this is something a crazed warrior would do, in fact the other reference to using diapers for violent ends I found was in reference to the German WWII Stuka bombers, who used dive bombing tactics to increase bomb accuracy and did the same thing because of the high G-forces of diving into a target and pulling up at the last second. Either way, this is certainly an extremist tactic that's beyond the regions of sanity. Do not pass go, do not collect 200$, go right to the 12th house :p *slams door, locks padded cell*

Sec. progr. MEAN Black Moon Lilith (the unreal, non-manifested?) is now on 10+* Scorpio. BML also seems to have connotations with FEELING haunted by ghosts of the past (what never was, never is, never will be!). Unrequited love has been shown to be very much a Venus-BML concern. It has therefore been strongly influencing/influenced by the whole package mentioned above in mutable for years.
Repeat: "Death hath no fury like a woman scorned?;)

Interesting. I haven't put much time/effort into BML, but it's another one of those many things of the list of "to learn about" :D

... And that quote reminds me of my ex <giggle> -- she's got a Venus/Uranus conjunction in Scorpio with a 2 degree orb, of which the midpoint (i just noticed is) exactly inconjunct BML! ...and Venus <1 degree orb of square to a RX Saturn. I think I mistook the BML energy in her for Pluto.. anyways, I digress, and realize I should study BML more...

Cheers :D