Have you had a paid birth chart analysis / personal horoscope?

charlizesen1

Hi everyone! I am brand new to reddit and have always been extremely interested in astrology. I read any and all bits of info I can get my hands on and spend a majority of my past time reading about it. I was wondering if any of you have ever paid for a detailed analysis or horoscope? If you have, were you satisfied with it? Do you have any recommendations as to where I should go? Is it a waste of money? Should I continue attempting to educate myself on my chart? Any input is greatly appreciated :)

Osamenor

Staff member
This isn't reddit. Are you just copy/pasting a post you made there?

This forum is not for seeking professional services, although we do have an Advertising forum where members who are professional astrologers may post about their practice. Anyone who is a professional astrologer may also have a link in their signature, which appears with every post. You may contact someone about their practice through their signature link or whatever info they've provided in an Advertising post.

Other than that, using this site to offer, request, give, or receive astrological services for pay is strictly against the rules. Astrological advice given here is for practice and learning purposes. No money may be exchanged for it.

Edited to add: That takes care of the professional recommendation part of your question. It's not really a question that can be answered on here because there are plenty of people who would recommend themselves, which would be a violation of forum rules (I've deleted one such self recommendation already). As to the rest of your question, this forum is a great place to get help studying your chart on your own. You might also decide you want a professional reading, but that would be up to you. Some people find that very helpful in their astrology journey. Others prefer self study, or group study.

Professional astrologers vary greatly in how good they are and how good a fit they would be for you. One might leave you feeling it's a waste of money. Another might leave you feeling they were worth every penny and then some. People who've had professional readings may have had both kinds of experiences.

Last edited:

Irisiel

I did come to the Recommendation Forum thinking one could get the same advice, from the description:

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

I figured people would just relate their personal experiences, usually with non-members.

As for members, I see that advertising section where Astrology Weekly takes no responsibility but allows them to advertise their paid services. But it looks like only one person is there.

Back to googling reviews, I guess.

Osamenor

Staff member
I figured people would just relate their personal experiences, usually with non-members.

People are welcome to relate their personal experiences, especially if they've seen an astrologer who is a non-member. If the astrologer is a member, it's not technically against the rules if someone else says, I had a reading with this person and they were good, but it edges into conflict of interest territory, especially if the member in question chimes in.

In reality, though, when you ask a question like that in this forum, you tend to get self promotion. We have that Advertising forum so as to corral the spam that would otherwise happen on here. We don't have the means to vet every service advertised, so it's buyer beware.

One of those things where the reality doesn't match the ideal.

Irisiel

One of those things where the reality doesn't match the ideal.

I guess I can see that. I haven't been around long enough to see it happen, is all. I don't think the OP has, either. :sideways:

The description just makes it sound like we can ask the very thing we can't make a thread out of.

Osamenor

Staff member
The description just makes it sound like we can ask the very thing we can't make a thread out of.

You could make a thread out of it if the thread consisted of actual recommendations and not self promotion. The trouble is that in practice, such a thread tends to get hijacked by self promoters.

Edited to add: When I first responded, I was concerned that the OP might be deliberately setting the thread up for self promotions, because of the wording:"I am brand new to reddit..."

Now, it could have just been a mistake--maybe the OP had reddit open at the same time and was also posting there, or maybe they copy/pasted a post they also made on reddit--but spammers often show that kind of inattention to detail, while people who are genuine and not spamming rarely do. Since this was their first, and still only, post, I was really on alert. If it had come from an established member with a history of genuine astrological posting, I don't think I would have responded that way. Plus, someone responded with a self promoting post (now deleted) before I could.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
And to shift gears a bit: I did, in fact, have a professional reading early in my astrology journey. Two, in fact, about a year apart, with the same astrologer. At the time, I had just minimal knowledge of astrology and no aspiration at all to be an astrologer myself. The astrologer who read for me hinted that I would become one, and I thought, "No way!"

Famous last thoughts.

I did find it valuable when I started seriously studying astrology. Everything the astrologer told me was something I could work from and use to expand my own understanding.

Irisiel

Everything the astrologer told me was something I could work from and use to expand my own understanding.
I've learned a lot in a short time, and people here have been very insightful and generous.

But I'm getting to where I really need some deep reading, on a couple of specific topics.

Imagine my surprise to find some of the more expensive readings out there are completely computer-generated!

Others are actually psychics who don't really look at your chart.

So there's a lot to consider, looking for someone.