Baby Boomers = Pluto in Leo ??

sentR89day

The 1980s and esp. the 90s may be when we had a balance of social justice and economic prosperity, though I have my own reservations and questioned whether life in the late 20th century were relatively the best of times of all time...people with autism at the time were probably the least acknowledged on how they struggled with their condition when most people weren't familiar with autism.

In 2021, the higher emphasis of social justice, while we're encountering less economic prosperity than 5-7 decades ago. Pluto's position now entering the sign of Aquarius is opposite Leo when the majority of baby boomers were born is the cause of the evershifting axis of economic prosperity and social justice.

It's possible I'm on the Autism spectrum, and not diagnosed, so I agree with you about the whole autism thing! I think the mid-00's, like around 2004+ was when people truly paid attention to autism a lot!

I think that 1982 to 2000, in the future, will be looked at, as one of the Golden Ages of America! :love:

jac

I agree about the Scorpio laziness altho... perhaps the revolution is done there on a mental plane. And there is a shift in the collective consciousness, no one can deny that. It's just that some things take time. Each generation will contribute when the time comes. It doesn't always has to be hype and war and aggression. If everyone indeed looked at their own well being IN the society, it would be an ideal world. Balance will be always the fackin key word to each argument. Just acceptance and look at your own cup without trying to takr from others or ruin theirs. And I think thats what the Pluto Scorpio generation is. Total transformation of social norms and social ideas. New methods and new ideas that have nothing in common with the past.

The many scorpions I have known work themselves to death. Each generation does not contribute, case in point, the current crop of slaves to devices.

There is nothing new, only unveiling the forgotten.

Conservative "Individualism" common with many western cultures, but COVID in the USA was mishandled and horribly mismanaged by "egocentrism" or a total lack of regards for others around them when we're in midst of a pandemic, and Pluto in Capricorn/Aquarius in 2020-23 = no sense of any communalism.

There is no pandemic. Minimal research on sites free of globalist domination will evince this false flag is the biggest psyop in history.

Last edited by a moderator:

david starling

The Pluto in Scorpio + Neptune in Libra together with Uran in Gemini and Cancer, changed a LOT of things!

This had been predicted by an earlier generation of Modernist astrologers.

Osamenor

Staff member
3 sexual revolutions: A century ago, the Pluto in Aries generation enters adult age and they began to break victorian rules about courtship (i.e. dating and in their cars or automobiles) in the roaring twenties after the H1N1 flu pandemic.
That was the Pluto in Gemini generation, not Aries. Last time Pluto was in Aries was 1853. So, the last of that generation came of age in the 1870's, a whole 50-some years before the revolution of the 1920's.

Sexual revolutions actually follow a Pluto/Neptune pattern. At least, they have in the last century. Pluto and Neptune have been running two signs apart, pretty consistently, since the early twentieth century.

Neptune's sign indicates what's idealized in the current zeitgeist. Pluto and Neptune moving in sextile means whatever Pluto's current sign is was the Neptune sign of 28 years ago. What Neptune idealizes, Pluto exposes and cuts down. So, by the time each generation reaches their late twenties, they de-idealize what their parents idealized.

Pluto entered Cancer in 1914. Nationalism, previously idealized (Cancer is a "my people, my country, my roots" sign) really showed its ugly side with World War I (and that ugly pattern continued on the world stage through World War II). The revolution of the 1920's meant some serious overturn of traditional family values. Neptune, meanwhile, was moving through Leo for most of the 1920's, facilitating the idealization of Leo-like individualism.
The 1960s-70s-80s period involved Pluto lodged in Virgo and then in Libra was the time after the pill or artificial female birth control and before HIV or AIDS became an endemic the world has to live with.

When Neptune was in Virgo, austerity and frugality and, to some extent, domesticity, got idealized. That was the Depression and World War II era. Neptune in Libra covered the postwar period, when marriage and traditional gender roles got idealized. Pluto moving through those signs represented a wide scale repudiation of those things.

More tellingly, though, the 1960's sexual revolution coincided with Neptune in Scorpio. Sex idealized, drugs idealized. Pluto moving into Scorpio in the 1980's brought the AIDS and crack crises: dark underbelly of the sex and drugs revolution.
And this third one in the 2010s when Pluto is in Capricorn now entering Aquarius in the 2020s? Liberation of the LGBTQ in western cultures and the acceptance of online dating, but we're entering a sex recession-depression or the rise and peak of the incels (mostly young adult men) blaming "PC-SJW" feminism and retroconservatism reviving biblical-based mores for a more rigid method of having any casual relationships with the opposite sex.
Neptune is in Pisces now. We're seeing gender fluidity enter the public consciousness like never before. Pisces is like that: "I don't want to be labeled, why should I have to pick a gender?" can be one manifestation.

Boomers were born under Pluto in Cancer and then Leo, two known signs represent coupling, procreation and formation of families.
More to the point, they were born mostly under Neptune in Libra. That's the sign that really represents coupling. And then they came of family starting age as Pluto hit Libra, breaking apart that idealization of coupling. That was when the divorce rate really went up, and it became more common to try alternative families: cohabitation instead of marriage, commune families, polyamory, alternate child rearing arrangements, things like that. Neptune, meanwhile, was in optimistic, variety-loving Sagittarius.

I'm convinced the 3rd sexual revolution should be around the corner, but numerous incels complain about women's concerns of sexism or misogynism in romantic relationships with men and Americans tend to hold more religious conservative values than other developed nations - a land in the after times of "free love".
Sexual mores are probably going to most closely match the Neptune sign. And change from previous generations' mores according to Pluto sign. So, what do you think the combination of Neptune in Aries and Pluto in Aquarius will mean for sexuality? That's where to look.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I think it's really really interesting how like, Pluto in Cancer was about the same time that the war ended and all these soldiers that came back from the war had children.

No, Pluto was in Leo by then. It hung out on the Cancer/Leo cusp throughout World War II, and had permanently (for this round) moved out of Cancer by the end of the war.

The postwar marriage, family, and baby boom correlates most with Neptune in Libra. All that good time, traditional family values stuff reflects what was being idealized then. Neptune is idealization.

Pluto's placement reflects the horrific side of an era. Pluto is exalted in Leo? Arguably so: the atomic bomb came along as Pluto entered Leo. The baby boom generation grew up sheltered in one sense, but in another sense, vulnerable like never before: they grew up in the shadow of the bomb. They had nuclear attack drills in school. Their childhoods were spent in certainty that it was only a matter of time before someone, probably the Soviets, pressed the button for nuclear annihilation. (I suppose Russian children in that era were expecting the same from the Americans.)

CapAquaPis

I posted an error about the Pluto sign in the 1910s-20s, but the Pluto in Aries people were in their senior years at the time, and tried so hard to preserve or conserve the post WW1 culture until they died out. Neptune determines what kind of attitudes for a society has when it came to dating and sexual morals.

IleneK

Premium Member
Wow Osamenor!
Thank you for that thoughtful excursion through recent history with the relationship between Neptune and Pluto through the signs.
Very interesting and informative.
Kindly,

Osamenor

Staff member
Neptune determines what kind of attitudes for a society has when it came to dating and sexual morals.

More to the point, Neptune determines what society is idealizing. Sexual mores are part of that picture because every generation, apparently, idealizes a certain version of sexuality. Free love? Reserve it for monogamous heterosexual marriage? Either pattern may be collectively idealized, but it's never every individual's preference.

CapAquaPis

It's possible I'm on the Autism spectrum, and not diagnosed, so I agree with you about the whole autism thing! I think the mid-00's, like around 2004+ was when people truly paid attention to autism a lot!

I think that 1982 to 2000, in the future, will be looked at, as one of the Golden Ages of America! :love:

I remember the national Labor statistics of over 35% of adults diagnosed with autism are unemployed, but in my county of Riverside CA, it's said up to 95% were and that's a huge disparity between the county I live and the country I'm at.

sentR89day

Pluto in Leo is pretty much the Baby Boomers.
Leo is related to the 5th house, which is gambling. It might explain why the Baby Boomers in the government weren't
the best at less spending.

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
With the following in mind:
Leo = fifth house
Pluto = eighth house

Pluto exalted in Leo could point to baby boomers gaining wealth from low interest rates on debt (eighth house), the declining tax rates (eighth house), a strong stock market (fifth house), affordable housing market (eighth house since a mortgage is debt). They were empowered in fifth house and eighth house matters.

FraterAC

These are pretty one dimensional takes on an entire generation and 70+ years of social, political and economic change, don't you think?
The Baby Boomer generation was not born at one time, with one set of influences, and their experience cruised along in one monolithic stream. Neither did they avoid any of the changes that affected other generations.
There was a major recession in the mid-70s, just when the BBs were entering the workplace (Saturn OPP Neptune). Another one in the late 80s and early 90s, when the BBs were managing families (Uranus CJN Neptune). And the Great Recession of 2007-2008 affected the BBs as well, just as they were looking forward to retirement, companies were dropping them like hot rocks (Saturn OPP Neptune). That burble also wiped out a lot of real estate equity that represented a major source of capital/wealth (?) for them. So they didn't escape that catastrophe.
BTW, interest rates on housing declined into the 21st century, which is why everyone has repeatedly refinanced their mortgages over the years; and tax rates have steadily increased since the 80s, including in the last administration.
Yes, the BBs may have started out at a better place, economically. But the larger forces that have shaped society have affected them just like every one else, and not necessarily for the better.

sentR89day

These are pretty one dimensional takes on an entire generation and 70+ years of social, political and economic change, don't you think?
The Baby Boomer generation was not born at one time, with one set of influences, and their experience cruised along in one monolithic stream. Neither did they avoid any of the changes that affected other generations.
There was a major recession in the mid-70s, just when the BBs were entering the workplace (Saturn OPP Neptune). Another one in the late 80s and early 90s, when the BBs were managing families (Uranus CJN Neptune). And the Great Recession of 2007-2008 affected the BBs as well, just as they were looking forward to retirement, companies were dropping them like hot rocks (Saturn OPP Neptune). That burble also wiped out a lot of real estate equity that represented a major source of capital/wealth (?) for them. So they didn't escape that catastrophe.
BTW, interest rates on housing declined into the 21st century, which is why everyone has repeatedly refinanced their mortgages over the years; and tax rates have steadily increased since the 80s, including in the last administration.
Yes, the BBs may have started out at a better place, economically. But the larger forces that have shaped society have affected them just like every one else, and not necessarily for the better.
Well, every generation has its flaws. I'm a Millennial and I like to believe/kindly judge my generation as oversensitive.

Diem11

The Baby Boom generation has been traditionally defined as those born from 1946 to 1964. I have always believed that the timeline should be cut in half and the second half (of which I am a member) should be given a different name. I vote we be called The Muffler generation because our Pluto in Virgo common sense dampened a lot of the insanity.

It should be noted that when the earliest of the Boomers came of age (transiting Uranus squared their natal Uranus), Pluto was hovering very close by that Uranus. Remember these poor guys had the spectre of the Vietnam War hovering over them.

And it wasn't just them. I am not lying when I say that as a ten-year old boy I was scared to death that that stupidity would still be going on when I turned eighteen and would be sent off to it.

Also, I, the alleged Boomer thought (judging from what I saw on the evening news) that Woodstock was stupid. Although it was the first time in my life I saw nude women on TV.

FraterAC

our Pluto in Virgo common sense dampened a lot of the insanity.
What insanity was that? Civil Rights? The Peace movement? Women's and Gay rights? Interest in astrology? Eastern philosophy?
You mean the group from 1955-64 was responsible for the Cultural Counter-Revolution? Linebacker II? Gerald Ford and the Gas Crisis? Double-knits? Disco?

Diem11

What insanity was that? Civil Rights? The Peace movement? Women's and Gay rights? Interest in astrology? Eastern philosophy?
You mean the group from 1955-64 was responsible for the Cultural Counter-Revolution? Linebacker II? Gerald Ford and the Gas Crisis? Double-knits? Disco?
I was thinking more along the lines of the Weather Underground bombings, Charles Manson, the college miseducated making Chairman Mao their number one author, and not having the sense to keep their drugs confined to the psychedelics.

FraterAC

Well, 55-64 definitely solved the drug problem, and the love affair with China, too, since both of those were permanently solved. As for the Weathermen, political extremism is long gone too. And we've never seen lunatic murderers since 1969, have we, or should we make a list?
Glad the 55-64 cohort delivered us all from all those issues.

FraterAC

BTW go look at my analysis of Sharon Tate's lunar return before her horrible murder in the thread Are Lunar returns even important?
There's a bit on Tex Watson there too.
We actually do some astrology. Charts and things.
And if you'd ever have seen Charlie's chart, you'd know he was not a Baby Boomer.

Last edited: